Grim Dawn General

Not sure how to even make a new thread for a game on this board but fuck I haven't see one for Grim Since I bought the thing on sale.

Anyone better at Veeky Forums than me feel free to take the reigns because I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing here.

What is your current build? What is your favorite build/mastery?

Other urls found in this thread:

grimcalc.com/build/hOGwNb
steamcommunity.com/id/890-2385903485390/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice trips.

Bump.

current build: vitality damage lifesteal tank occultist/shaman, vit dmg totems with vit damage occultist AOEs, vit dmg melee weapons and tanky shit for sham+occultist

also my favorite build

Anybody got a Wildcaller Skin spare?

Checked

You are better off making threads on /v/, game doesn't get nearly enough interest to stay on Veeky Forums.

>What is your current build?
Physcial/Piercing rifle Commando focused on getting as much offensive ability and bonus crit damage as possible. Essentially a sniper/marksman type.

>What is your favorite build
The one above, it's sweet and should end up pretty strong once I gear up properly.

>mastery
Demolitionist, shame it's also the most underpowered one.

I really wish they will add a new class focused on ranged weapons on in the DLC. Right now Demo is the closest to that but he is more of a jack of all trades, I want the Nightblade equivalent for rifles and dual pistols.

Same, demo is my favorite but his skills need so much investment in Firestrike chain for decent damage, pretty much dropping the cooler skills

The best Demo skill is the Cansiter Bomb, it's great at clearing trash, does good single target damage if the target is big enough to get hit by all the fragments and with the stun transmuter it's great crowd control and great at interrupting bosses.

Also the stun trasmuter actually makes it deal more damage since stunned enemies stay in one place and get hit by more fragments.

Greando is also pretty damn good single target damage, especially when it crits since one of its modifiers gives a whooping 50% crit damage bonus.

Fire Strike is best used with dual pistols, but it's also pretty godo with rifles because of the 25% cirt damage transmuter.

But everything else sucks. Temper is a good passive for damage but hat's pretty much it.

For a fire strike demo/occultist with a focus on guns, fire and chaos damage, are my attributes best spent as 1:1 physique/spirit?

I would go 2:1 physique/spirit.

Reason being that physique is important to every build because of both survivability and gear requirements.

Builds with Soldier can get away with spending less pounts in physique because he gets a lot of it from mastery points and has passives that give HP/physique/lower the physique requirements, but all other need to invest in it quite a bit.

Also remember to keep like 10 spare points in case you don't have enough cunning for guns/not enough spirit for jewelry/not enough physique for armor.

The demo can do so much though. Canister/grenado physical damage or elemental damage 'magic user' builds, or elemental versions of those abilities + molotov. Physical damage synergy for ranged/melee commando builds utilizing not-firestrike, aka cadence or others.

firestrike is the only good ranged left click modifier skill
expansion when

I can see why you'd say that but the existence of the occultist class really makes everything viable just out of virtue of curse of frailty and various diverse synergies you can pick and choose from in the pet skill-lines. specifically hellfire and storm spirit
soldier and demo have the main physical damage modifiers for left click modifiers. Fire strike being an auto-attack replacer versus an actual modifier has cadnece for a physical damage auto attack replacer, solael's witchfire for vitality and chaos dmg, iskandra's elemental dmg for elemental/any of the 3, if you choose to focus on one element more than the others. nidalla's hidden hand for poison/acid. and savagery for lightning/bleeding damage on LMB clicks. all of these are viable

I think the only damage type you can't make work is aether damage on melee, maybe ranged too? idk it's been a while. For auto-attack focused characters anyways. Aether works with arcanist spells.

>I can see why you'd say that but the existence of the occultist class really makes everything viable just out of virtue of curse of frailty
I think this is a part of the issue.

As it stands ranged builds all feel really homogenized and forced because there really isn't a class that is focused on ranged weapons.

I really feel like there should be a Nigtblade equivalent for ranged, something that actually has ranged weapons as the main theme of the class and with skills that reflect that.

I think the demo is that class though
caltrops/CC/molotovs that debuff armor/defense rating for cc/debuffs and firestrike for damage

Is dreeg's evil eye with focused gaze still some mad shizz?

>I think the demo is that class though
I understand why you think that buy you are wrong. Demo is a jack of all trades that is in fact better at melee than ranged.

All of his skills can benefit both ranged and melee builds, but all of the actually work vetter in melee.

>caltrops
Great for closing in.

>CC
That would be Canister Bomb and Flashbang, and let me tell you voth of those are extremaly useful on melee builds since they give you free time to finish everything off.

>molotovs that debuff armor/defense
Molotovs are pretty bad as utility, they are best used for spam.

>firestrike for damage
Firestrike is best used with melee with dual pistols close behind. Hell there is even a sword that gives a bonus to it.

So as I said Demo is a jack of all trades that can be palyed in literally any way.

I'm talking about a Nightblade equivalent. Everything about him just screams "dual wielding melee" with only a handful of skills that do anything else.

If you want to make a dual wielding build, you take Nightblade. You are never going to make a rifle/pistol Nighblade. The only viable ranged Nightbalde is the one spamming throwing daggers.

>the only viable ranged nightblade is the one spamming throwing daggers
poison occultist/nightblade is my most powerful character, and he uses a melee weapon to teleport behind people and poison them with some shit whose name I forgot.
dude c'mon. You're trying too hard. Just make a physical damage cadence soldier/nightblade ranged build that uses nightblade aura to slow/debuff or some shit. Or just curse of frailty.
Your meme desire is probably for specific "super sniper shot" attacks which have been replaced with RNG procs from firestrike/cadence.

besides, nightblade's duel wielding is literally just random % chances to proc shit
which is exactly what fire strike is so literally the same shit really

>poison occultist/nightblade is my most powerful character, and he uses a melee weapon to teleport behind people and poison them with some shit whose name I forgot.
Well that's a melee build then.

>dude c'mon. You're trying too hard. Just make a physical damage cadence soldier/nightblade ranged build that uses nightblade aura to slow/debuff or some shit. Or just curse of frailty.
I could, but as I said it doesn't feel like I'm making a ranged build. It feel like I'm going out of my way to make it ranged even though it would be better as melee.

>Your meme desire is probably for specific "super sniper shot" attacks which have been replaced with RNG procs from firestrike/cadence.
Actually I would say it was replaced by grenado if anything.

But yeah, I kinda do miss an ability similiar to Lethal Strike from Titan Quest, this shit on bow builds was my jam.

Pretty much all skills in Grim Dawn are a slightly changed copy from Titan Quest.

Firestrike is Earth Enchantment from Earth Mastery.

Cadence is literally Calculated Strike from Rogue Mastery.

I'm just sad since it was not an issue in Titan Quest. Rogue Mastery was viable for both ranged/melee equally while Hunter Mastery was clearly focused on ranged.

>Your meme desire is probably for specific "super sniper shot"
Valduns Rifle actually grants a "super sniper shot" type of skill. +320% weapon damage and
155-202 Piercing Damage.

The problem is that rifle is the be-all-end-all max level legendary for one specific build.

:(
we will never get all of those class combination possibilities again

I could definitely go for some kind of class that adds more ranged-beneficial actives and aether damage bonuses for melee/ranged damage builds, some aether spells would be nice too, maybe some other rare damage type spells/bonuses too

grimcalc.com/build/hOGwNb
found a build for you guys

Yeah, it would work.

The problem is, with slight changes it would work better with melee.

Right now the only unique rifle build is based on sets rather than classes, Sharpshooter and Valdun sets.

not really it doesn't have much in the way of survival skills

nvm duh, maxed out curse
I think you're overrating melee tho, best build I ever saw was dual pistol firestrike

If a Gunslinger/rifleman mastery were implemented what would you like to see?

>Skills
>Type of damage modifiers (trauma, pierce, physical)
>Active skills
>Passive skills

Personally I'd like a more physical based class, every other class is to dependant on spirit making it a pain in the ass early game to use the items you need because your stats are spread out to much.

For skills I think 2 types of chains should be introduced, you can go pistols or rifles. Pistols focusing more on attack speed/bleed damage/critical chance.

While rifles focus more on Pierce, Trauma, and Attack rating (the one that makes you more accurate)

Each one being dependent on 1h range and 2h range respectively.

For active skills maybe some cool gunplay skills.

>Bullet storm
Pistol skill, fire a volley of 5-20 projectiles extremely fast. Double the amount of projectiles if you're dual wielding. Amount of projectiles grows from 5-20 as you put more points in

>Crippling Shot
Low damage 2h ranged skill, causes 2-4 second stun while also lowering physical defense. Modifier (knee capper) later in change to increase duration of stun and causing 30% overall slow for 5-10 seconds

I agree in terms of damage types. I think it should be focused on piercing/physcial/trauma/bleeding with maybe some fire/poison here and there to keep it versatile.

It definetly should have a dedicated dual wield tree for pistols similar to the one Nightblade has.

I would also like an equivalent of Lethal Strike from Titan Quest- a strong single attack that multiplies the weapon damage several times with long cooldown.

let's look at damage types
soldier -physical/bleed/pierce/elemental, internal trauma is just physical over time but bleed is -not- pierce over time
demo - physical/fire/chaos/lightning/pierce
occult - everything but pierce and aether.
nightblade - piercing, cold, acid, bleed, elemental
arcanist - elemental, aether, chaos, a little fire/ice/lightning outside of elemental, elemental is equal parts fire/ice/lightning so 10 ele damage is 3.3~ fire, 3.3~ ice, 3.3~ lightning. 10% bonus to elemental means 50 fire damage does 55 fire damage though. This means not divided it's a flat percentage bonus to each elemental individually, which means it ends up being a 10% bonus to "ele" damage type as well
shaman - physical, lightning, bleeding, vitality, piercing, and a flat 50%+ bonus to all damage with one briarthorn aura.

so I think it would be easy to include physical/pierce/bleed/aether/ some ele or all bonuses for damage types for this 'gunslinger' class I personally think it would be cool to include vitality instead of element/all dmg bonus though.

Active gun-only skills. Nuke shot with utility/damage/cc options, AOE nuke shot with CC/aoe/utility/damage options. Maybe some other abilities to fill it out with elements of the above that are taken away from the above mentioned skills.

more love for shield active abilities. (personal preference, rip titan quest defender)
1hand pistol+shield would justify the presence of shield-requirement actives and passives in a ranged-focused tree.

then I guess fill it out with actives/passives that focus on cross-class synergy.

Some token survival/crowd control/utility/damage actives and passives.

I think that would really flesh out the character creation options in this game.

So ultimately some kind of spirit/ghost gunslinger/defender-type class

>So ultimately some kind of spirit/ghost gunslinger/defender-type class
Some kind of higwayman-themed class would fit perfectly imo.

Cronleys Gang already makes use of aether.

Le bump

>tfw you finally get to have fun after grinding for 30 or so hours over the course of 3 days

I'm glad it's over.

Wonder if this game will ever take off in player base. Liking it so far but not enough of a community, it's a pain in the ass to do anything other than single player.

Anyone want to play multi with me? I'm currently level 14-15. Demo/Arcanist with heavy demo. On my way to burrbitch and just got to Duncan

>Anyone want to play multi with me? I'm currently level 14-15. Demo/Arcanist with heavy demo. On my way to burrbitch and just got to Duncan
We actually managed to gather 3 people to play a lvl 1 hardcore veteran yesterday.

Now we are planning to start lvl 1 hardcore again and try getting the achievment for killing the Warden below lvl 11 but still waiting for the 3rd guy.

sorry user i'm here now

I'm pretty shit at arpgs so I'd hold you back, good luck though

pet builds make this game so easy

god i fucking hate the drop rate for these things

one final spot in the level 1 hardcore group if anyone wants to join

*server name is blah

Need 1 more for our hardcore veteran playthrough.

The server is called "Blah"

Make a fresh level 1 hardcore character and join up somebody.

Just got this game. Any general things I should know that aren't painfully obvious?

>Mastery points can't be respecced (the bar at the bottom of your skill sheet) neither can your attribute points(physique cunning and spirit). Regular skill investment can be respecced such as weapon skills.

>You can only pick 2 masteries, one at level 1 and another at level 10

>You can respec pretty cheaply in the top right section of the devil's crossing prison after the first quest

>Ranged is shit for poison

>Enemies respawn only after exiting to main menu and reloading

>When stores update their inventory any "buy back" or "sell back" items are made permanent

>If you leave the merchant screen your buy back and sell back items will be permanent as well

>Don't waste all your money on buying gear, it may seem like a good idea but your damage is negligible in the beginning so gear doesn't make a huge difference. Don't sperg out trying to buy a full set of + fire damage% gear. Just wait for drops

>Yellows are actually extremely cheap, whites are worthless, greens are average at around 500 iron per piece, blues at about 700

>Money making is easier by just destroying pots and piles of shit for iron bit drops.

>There are to places to save your character which are both seperate. You can cloud save them or save them in your game data. Before you start a new character pick game data in the settings menu and relaunch the game unless you always have internet

Did I miss anything?

wis hthere were more/better action hacknslash rpgs with loot...

still 1 spot on the hardcore server though were level 10 now so you'll be a bit behind

>try to keep thread alive
>Fail because shit player base

Is this what it's like to be a battleborne fanboy, except with a genuinely fun game?

rip thread

You're all faggots.. You're missing out on the most fun, exhilarating gameplay all because you're scared of hardcore mode.
Grow some balls.

Our play session has just ended, but if you want to join in tomorrow, there's still one spot left open.

Make a hardcore character. Get it to level 16 and look out for a Grim Dawn thread on here tomorrow.

Alternatively, add me on steam

steamcommunity.com/id/890-2385903485390/