Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Monkey Edition

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

3dsthem.es/1313
chirb.it/KkGmJh
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post themes

3dsthem.es/1313

> (You)

>master race edition

>Monkey instead of shark

>gatewait

What's the max size meme card for neuu 3dee ssss

>what's this about a9lh not having 100% boot rate? what are you talking about
>
>a9lh can only get corrupt if you touch that sector of the nand, either through software or physical damage.
>
>software can't damage it if you're autobooting into luma: luma blocks you (and everything else) from writing to it. the only way you could fuck it up is attempting to write to it with either Gateway (which unblocks the FIRM sectors) or attempt to update a9lh itself

I did update it twice. It was fine before when I had a9lh v1, then I updated to v2 noscreeninit. Got problems, then switched again to v2 screeninit, still got the same problems.

It's weird because it seems like my 3ds gets bricked temporarily, requiring like 5-10 restarts just to get it to boot normally then it's fine for a few boots until it fucks up again. Booting payloads like D9/luma config always works 100% of the time though.

Anything interesting going on in 3DS homebrew/CFW land recently?
Apart from the a9lh on nand (which I hear is unsafe)

Happy birthday user
chirb.it/KkGmJh

>a9lh on nand (which I hear is unsafe)

Is this gif still relevant? I notice the Luma in the gif is an old version, while the current is 5.0. Has there any change that makes this gif obsolete?

How do I change the song that's used in a custom theme?
Replacing the file doesn't work and I can't figure out how to do it in USAGI/YATA+.

It's still relevant.

send help

Delete the bgm.ogg from the custom theme and replace it with the music of your choice, just make sure the filename of it is bgm.ogg.

Does USB Loader GX load Wii games off SD yet?

It always did.

That's what I thought would do the trick too.
But neither CHMM2 nor a HTT-created cia play the song.
Despite both playing it in their respective menu, it's still the old one.

32/64 are the sizes of choice
More people lean on 64 but poorfags go 32 memefags use 128+

you suuuuuuure?

i know Configurable USB loader always did, nut not GX

>tfw i have 16gb sd
fucking delivery charge is so high. and im autistic enough not to fall on microsd+adapter meme

Wii games are usb only, GameCube and wiiware and all that can be played from sd

>mfw 8gb sd

16GB are more than enough, desu.
Any more and it encourages you to hoard since you have the space.
I'm using an 8GB SD card just so I still play games.

inb4 2ds

Sorry, I got the file formats mixed up. You might already know this, but bgm.ogg is used as the music preview in CHMM2, so bgm.bcstm is the file used in the home menu. All I can suggest is deleting bgm.ogg and installing it through CHMM2, sorry.

Are the people who uses 64gb/128gb all use microsd?

i have a 64 GibberByte microsd and i use it in my 3ds slot hole around the back is where i stick it in

I've always thought using a microsd card and adapter on o3ds is bad. Because some user told me around January.

Why is it bad? I've been using it since I've got mine last year and zero problem so far.

I dont know. That user might be just trolling me and I fell for it hard.

>poorfags
We're all poorfags retard otherwise we would be buying the games

Y-yeah, that's why we do it.

dude im gonna buy mhgen just to complete my collection. but im still gonna pirate it at the same time. heh

are you one of those faggots that tries to justify why they don't buy games. Let me guess its the usual

>the game industry is going to shit and has been for years
>I don't want to support nintendo and all the things they do to games
>I'm a third worlder and games are like 80 bucks here and thats most of my "paycheck"
>Nintendo already has plenty of money I'm not hurting them

Which one are you? Just fess up

>We're all poorfags
I'm not really. There are just hardly any games that justify a purchase.
That might sound a bit cliché but I actually buy games that I really enjoyed for one reason or another or a new game from a series I really like (Monster Hunter and Pokémon come to my mind).
I bought Senran Kagura and its sequel after playing about 60h each because those games are actually fun. I would've never buy it if not for disabled signature patches.

yeah that was me, I was meming pretty hard around then
literally zero difference in performance between microSD with adapter and normal SD

None of the above, I'm just a cheap fuck.

Not him but none of them, I really enjoy the injected GBA and SNES VCs which even if I pay, i couldn't play in a 3DS

Oh same as me, glad we can agree then

Those are just excuses. If you really think a game doesn't justify a purchase, you won't be playing it anyway. Those shits you spouting are just to justify your piracy.

>If you really think a game doesn't justify a purchase, you won't be playing it anyway.
nah
I've played a lot of games that I liked but wouldn't have paid 50€ or whatever they wanted for. I'd pirate less games if they all cost 20€, but unfortunately Nintendo is retarded when it comes to pricing especially digital pricing.

I honestly use to buy my games until I found out I could pirate them. I have like a collection of 20+ 3ds games I should probably sell. Once I found out I could pirate I just spend the money I would use on 3DS games on clothes and food among other shit

Kinda on topic though, I refuse to believe anyone does the try before you buy shit when they pirate games. Like if you download a torrent and in the readme it says "IF YOU LIKE THE GAME BUY IT"

Like fucking why, the full game is in my hands for free I'm not doing that shit

Do people still buying brickways? I wanted to sell mine since I no longer use it.

I do it on occasion but I don't make a habit of it.

The scene consists mostly of older people who have actually seen good companies go under because of piracy back in the Amiga days, which is why they encourage people to actually support the developers. It's not as big a deal nowadays, at least not for big companies like EA or Nintendo, though you should still buy games from indie developers you enjoy, because those are actually affected by piracy.

source?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

I can't speak for anyone else, but I was a huge nintendo buyfag for many years and probably invested thousands, until they started betraying us doing unethical shit like DLC, p2w free2play games, censoring etc. Nintendo's golden era has ended long ago. They can burn for all I care.

Not really an excuse.
You don't have to believe me but I actually delete games that I don't like after playing for two hours because it's not worth my time and therefore not worth my money, in my opinion. If I liked it enough, I buy it.

>If you really think a game doesn't justify a purchase, you won't be playing it anyway.
Because I know how a game is before playing, right?

There are smaller companies who deserve some money for making fun games. Like Circle Entertainment for making The Legend of Dark Witch (and 2) and Puzzle Labyrinth.
But that's just me.

Why does she do her hbg? for free games? for games that she wouldn't be able to get on that console? for the memes?

Who said that?

I almost agree
I'm still a Nintendo buyfag but only until a console gets cracked, then it's open season.

hey guys, I got reinand on a N3DS for a while and heard that a9lh is better
is there any danger in the process? I been having problems booting the console for a while with emunand

Hi guys. trying to hack 3ds for the first time here.

>github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

So, If my version is

>censoring
You do know that this was done from the very beginning, don't you?
But I agree with the rest, though.

once you do 9.2.0 update, go to part 3.

Hey user
Do you have the ability to follow step-by-step instructions?
Are you not physically brain dead?
Are you just looking for a way to end the EmuNAND meme?
Then A9LH is for you.
Install it now to get access to plenty of features such as:
Easier installation of GBA games
Faster load times
>Boot logo
Less chance of brick
Want to change your SD card? No problem! With A9LH it's as simple as clicking and dragging.
So why wait? Get A9LH now and you'll also get live troubleshooting help from the anons you see here.
So install now.

Part 1

Yes but it's not like it is now. Look at fire emblem for example. When they start modifying the story and actually removing gameplay elements, that's too far. Compared to before where they censor a little piece of ass of an esper on SNES FF3, the shit they do now is extreme.

SOOO ?

>This
I want the game like it was originally made, not some carbon copy of it.

Part 3

oh boy, thanks user
I'm really tired of installing GBA games twice
Now that there are CIAs that get rid of that shitty dark filter and ghosting in GBA games I want to reinstall my library

if you already have an emunand, then do part 1 and then skip to part 4

if you don't, update to 9.2, get homebrew from part 1, skip part 2 (because you're already on 9.2), then start from part 3

Not him, but i only get money twice a year, so i can't buy games

Censorship is still censorship. No matter what they do. But again, I agree with you that it's inexcusable.

>i only get money twice a year
What? How? Why?

Alright, i just updated to 11.0 and bought freakyforms off amazon, now, how do i hack my 3ds?

gr8 b8 m8

I can't get a job.

What? How do i hack my 3ds?

m80

>11.0

Hardmod

since you asked nicely, have pic related

That doesn't answer my question
How do i do that

You can't hack your 3DS if it's on 11.0 unless you solder your SD directly to the system memory, that's a hardmod, so, take your chances.

>How do i do that
If you have to ask, then you aren't able to do it. That word would have been enough if you were.

What do people mean by "root folder"? Is it the 3ds folder?

Is there any way to convert saves from Sky3DS+ so they can be used with CIAs?

pls don't hack your 3DS

The folder where you store your roots. Some people also store herbs in there too. Sometimes berries.

>you can't turn on your 3DS without the SD card in

Is there a way to undo this?

No, that's how it works now

Yeah. You can also wait that installing it to NAND instead to SD get polished so you can

Uninstall a9lh

Your text is hard to comprehend.

You're saying there will be a way to install arm9loaderhax.bin to somewhere in the NAND instead?

How would I go about doing that?

It's a bad idea, don't.

don't

there already is

well I beta version at least

Yep. There already is, but it's still getting polished.

Is there a way to cryptofix .cia games? Seeding them with FBI wont work for me. Some games are giving me problems on a9lh with luma 5.5 that if i open another app like fbi or ntr the system crashes

Will upgrading when it is stable be easy?

I mean it is stable its just missing features

When you load the console without the SD card ,A9LH loads its own miniCFW through the NAND. it currently only does signature patching and firm protection. Its missing TWL/AGB support

Its as simply as putting shit on your SD card then running SAFEA9LHinstaller and choosing update

> firm protection.
That's what prevents A9LH being overwritten, right?

I bought some games on the PC which I had pirated before. Top tier indie games.
Haven't done the same with 3DS yet though

As of now, yes

Yes

Honestly I wouldn't mind if that's the only patching it did without an SD card in. As long as the console boots and my a9lh installation isn't going anywhere then I'm happy.