>Patch notes
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_1

>FAQs & General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Total War Warhammer
Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

>OVERCASTING SPELLS
Double click a spell (it needs to be a boostable spell and you need to have enough magic in the magic pool) to overcast the spell
There's a 50% chance that the caster damages itself though!

>QUEST BATTLE TELEPORT
Select your lord (make sure he isn't garrisoned or in a stance)
Select the quest battle (on the map or through quest log)
There's a button in the bottom right of the quest battle window that you can use to teleport for 5k gold (when the battle's finished you're automatically teleported back to your original position)

>GROUP ATTACK
Group units with ctrl + g
Select your group and right click the enemy
All your units move and automatically direct themselves to and engage enemies they get close to while maintaining formation

Old empire:

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701170375)
youtube.com/watch?v=XL0YWTPDMUI
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697661736
logicalincrements.com/
warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cursed_Company
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for SUMMON

No, that's a different mod (steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=701170375) and it's absolutely awful to look at

THE

Forth for Beastie Boys

youtube.com/watch?v=XL0YWTPDMUI

Still great

Radious won't make me a Punic Marian Slayer Lancers (Missile Ship)

Or Roman Falx Bucelarii Cataphract Marines, Fire Siphon Ballista Dromon Marauder.

FUCKIN CZECH LANDLUBBER

Mercenary Cretan Night Orc Archers (Shock Cav)

nth+1th for sallying.

Why don't you sally out from your sieges /twg/?

With BS2 they may as well never have had them lmao

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697661736

>modders mod Bretonnia in the game before CA

Come the fuck on CA give it to me already.

Not ugly Damsels mod when?

Like is possible to import models from either Rome II/Atilla or even another game?

>+60 hours on TWW
>still havn't fought a defensive siege battle

IA either waits 10 turns and fuck off or sends 3 full stacks armies on one town

What's the cheapest price bracket of pc I can expect to play warhamms on high with?

>inb4 skyrim tier mods for females

>lmao

But Bretonnia exists in the lore supplements released during the last edition, it's just barely touched on and most events that occur there are glanced over entirely.
So a hackjob half-roster is appropriate regarding lore accuracy.

I only care about it from a gameplay and thematic perspective. I just find your justification obnoxious. You can justify a lot of shit if you're sourcing from older material.

Vampires are just arrogant twats who completely forget subtly on the battlefield and just basically engage in necromantic dick-waving contests, controlling as much dead shit as possible and just throwing it at the enemy.

Save the skeleton archers for the KANGZ, where they fit and aren't equivalent to a joke unit you wouldn't use anyway.

I think they will hold it out to release it alogside the first paid dlc faction to avoid "Muh games muh dlc muh CA are cunt jews"

>wanting to play a faction with less unit variety than non-roman factions in vanilla R2

wew lad

>Vampires are just arrogant twats who completely forget subtly on the battlefield and just basically engage in necromantic dick-waving contests, controlling as much dead shit as possible and just throwing it at the enemy.

That's the most retarded shit I have ever read on this board. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Would be easier to make a skyrim character and import them heh.

Is this possible?

>Save the skeleton archers for the KANGZ, where they fit and aren't equivalent to a joke unit you wouldn't use anyway.
Or, both could use them.

>muh unit variety
>not taking into account that most of these units have unique rules that make them much more interesting than any other generic units from other factions

wew lad

You can make a PC that is able to comfortably play any modern game on high graphical settings for ~$600. If you're willing to compromise, or scavenge components from your old PC, you can take that down to $400 quite easily. Up to $800 is enough to play the latest AAA titles on maximum settings at solid 60/144. Anything over that is just futureproofing.

logicalincrements.com/

Commonly felt feeling.

Logicial increments prices my PC at around $600 freedombux. I can run it quite well on mostly maxed out settings.

ELECTOR

>people justify skelington archers because VC had them at some point of their dex history
fine but inevitably
>people want their skelington archers to be non-dogshit because they take away a spot in their stack while the historical skeletman archers had a BS of 2 so any non-dogshit skelioni archers are non-justifiable

>fought a single defensive siege
>AI bugged out and slowly walked across the entire map to break down a different gate, losing ~80% of their forces to towers before they even started to assault the walls

t-thanks CA

OK, the fight was actually piss easy

Why are there only human zombies and skeletons?

VC got Zombie Dragons, but why not zombie dawi, zombie orcs, zombie skaven, zombie elf, etc.?

When someone can in clear words explain to me how to export the damsel .dds files.

Is it me or do Grail Knights take a lot of damage for being so "powerful" and "demi-god like" in muh lore

Orkz are fungus so I doubt zombie mushrooms would be viable, and Skaven are mutated by Warp stone so I dont know if they'd be effected by necromagics

Well, the mod I'm playing buffs them to beat demigryph knights, but I guess they're pretty shit in vanilla

Dawi are inherently resistant to all forms of magic, so presumably their corpses are too. And Orcs are fungi, so necromancy presumably doesn't work on them.

They also had mummies, why not add them too?

>as if GW would allow CA giving model converters to the masses

Model and animation budget.
Necromancers/vampires and the events they participate mostly occur in and around humans.

Dorfs magic resistance probably plays some part.
Elves aren't in yet, probably like the dorfs.
SKAVEN DO NOT EXIST
orcs are often raised, but they don't really need to be in game because they're just bigger zombies

just how fungusy they are isn't too clear in fantasy as opposed to 40k

Bretonnia is poorly fleshed out and probably will be until they are made properly playable. So they probably didn't pay too much attention to balancing them.

>can't awaken Kislev

RIP you arrogant bastards

Okay, try this:

- Open variants_dds.pack in the data folder with Pack File Manager
- Open up variantmeshes --> wh_variantmodels --> hu1b --> brt --> brt_damsel --> tex

All the .dds texture files should be right there.

There are.

warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cursed_Company

>just how fungusy they are isn't too clear in fantasy as opposed to 40k

No, it isn't, but it's made clear that they're spores that came from space with the Old Ones.

>Play as mannfred
>all documented mannfred leading an army antics are bulldozing through shit
>play as kemmler
>all documented kemmler leading an army antics are bulldozing through shit

And make them more homogeneous and thus boring. VC skeleton archers would also be either too shit to use or too good to make sense.

>Awakened every northern tribe except The norse
How do I do it lads?

Surely this has been done before in TW games? I'm pretty sure I've seen custom unit gear or weapons from other TW mods.

For CA and TotalWarhammer. For the TT?

Are there non-human zombies and skeletons TT models, aside of VC's Dragons? Why throw away those potential shekels?

Only Cursed Company of Regiments of Renown?

Before? Yes, because S2, R2, and Attila got model converters.

TWarhams? No. All just reused available assets.

>And make them more homogeneous and thus boring.
I don't see how arbitrary reduction in variety isn't anything other than boring.

Same with Dwarves not having mounts. They should ride big Rams.

>VC skeleton archers would also be either too shit to use
So, just like VC skeleton warriors? Sounds perfect.

There have probably been some. You can easily convert and use them for sure. As part of the official citadel line, there aren't.
I can't imagine many customers would choose them over undead human models.
Some would certainly. But they wouldn't sell many.

Up until warscape we had a far better time modding the game. Warscape has a lot of components which are locked to modding.

Total Warhammer specifically suffers from being under a GW owned franchise. It took a long time for CA to convince GW to allow ANY modding, and even that was gained at the cost of having legal requirements for MODS

VC skeleton warriors are fine

Because most of the time I can just move an army in to attack the guys surrounding my city. Assuming you're talking about a significant force anyway, if you're talking about some small remnant of an AI faction suiciding themselves upon one of my settlements honestly auto-resolve will deal with that easily enough and save me having to fight a boring battle.

Anyway, here have some orcs getting their asses thoroughly kicked.

>get off to a bad start with Toddbringer as Empire
>we unite eventually to throw back chaos
>we end up cleansing the north of all its norscan fucking shit settlements
>the time comes when I have to absorb him into a confederation

>S2, R2, and Attila got model converters.
Isn't the file format roughly the same? Have they commented on when/if they're releasing a model converter? No one released a custom converter?

It's fine; he'll become your general

Is there a mod that unlock Kraka Drak and other Dawi fractions but that works with the latest patch and doesn't crash when Chaos arrives?

Why is Games workshop retarded?

>rt of the official citadel line, there aren't.
>I can't imagine many customers would choose them over undead human models.
But only for ones posted in the Steam store. twcenter can post whatever, and none of that should detract from having a model converter. Have they commented on it specifically?

>Play the diplomatic game well, use half the empire to defeat the other half
>the empire is split between me and the other three or so princes left, all of our borders are mixed together all over the place
>don't mind because I'm about to confederate
>chaos comes
>dwarven genocide begins
>can't afford their armies were I to confederate, need them to fight chaos with them regardless
>stuck with shitty borders until chaos goes through its however many phases

>VAMPIRE CHAN
I prefer Sorcerer-chan thanks

I haven't been paying too much attention to them since launch, and when I have looked they've been mostly silent across the board. So I doubt they have commented.
Yeah, you can't stop 'illegal' mods being used, but you can stop their distribution if it's public and law-abiding.
If TWcenter becomes a host for a lot of 'illegal' TWW mods, they'll probably be warned and they'll thus take down all the hosted files and forbid people from doing it again.

You said Vampires you backpedaling bitch

I just had the Rise of Chaos event.
How many more turns do I have to get my Demigryphs up and running?

All tribes from Norsca are Norse user.

Do I accpet?
Won't that cause me to go to war with their enemies?

How?

>not fighting off the northern hordes with steel. courage and gunpowder

Demigryphs aren't even needed unless you find yourself up against 3 stacks.

Only R2 and Attila models are interchangeable. No need for converters for those two, just pop the models in, and it'll work. R2 and Attila supposed to be one game anyway.

S2 can use ETW/NTW artillery, possibly building models(?) without converter

R2-Attila won't take any S2 man, ship, and animal models - it'll simply crash. Not sure about artillery and building models though.

TWH is different. Some guy tried to port Attila models to TWarhammer, no dice, just crash.

I did yes. I'm still mostly correct. They're all arrogant twats. Of those who will engage with undead armies on the battlefield, most of them apply only brute force. They use tactics of course, but the general consensus is that a flesh puppet should be spooking the living in melee and handing out and receiving blows to best take advantage of their nature. Rather than doing something which requires unrealistic amounts of fine motor control for them and yields almost no benefit.

I then went on to cite examples of VC military doctrine under Mannfred, which supports my claims. And I threw in Kemmler as well, because paired with Mannfred we have the TWW VC roster of legendary lords, and he happens to have necromatic powers and ambition to compete with great vampires as well as behave similarly.

You do not have to be so upset my good friend.

yes
it's the other way around

>S2 can use ETW/NTW artillery, possibly building models(?) without converter

>S2 modding so lazy that we'll never have fots mechanics with napoleon models and empire scale

So apparently recruiting the Damsel Lord from the New Lords mod with Pater's Bretonnia installed causes a warpspawned Knight with a freshly baked strawberry pie.

>Attack a lone Necromaner Lord
>Expect an epic magical fight.
>He blows himself up with a misfire before it even begins.

NAGASH WAS WEAK

Current year

Holy shit Greenskins are RIDICULOUSLY fun.
Grimgor is bae

Christ, this looks rather like an intestines pie.

>the inner thighs/crotch has it's own area

obaby

Other way around, nearly all the siege battles I've fought were chaos fucking shits circumventing my main stacks to shit all over my walled settlements.

lewd

Yeah this, the norscans in particular have shit-tier units that last all of five seconds in melee with my armies typically.

surprisingly clean-shaven

Probably a glitch, no idea how to recreate it.

nah m8
grass doesn't grow on a well used road

>6 months before a new faction/race

> Tomb Kings still not announced

A guide I read said that there was a tribe to awaken called ''The Norse'' the same way other tribes are called Aesling, Bearsonling, Varg etc, were they wrong?

Nagash fucked up too hard to be a part of this game.

>when your Arrer Boyz get flanked by gobbos
Time for a lil choppin my friends

Oh yeah, its easy to say lazy at modding attempts when you're only an end user of mods.

Here's the fact:
There are only handful of serious modders remaining in the S2 scenes, user, and they are all one-man shows without modding teams, only occasional freelance contributors giving stuff like battlemaps and such.

And there are still hurdles on S2 modding, such as 100% Japanese campaign mechanics, Ship models, and Battlefield maps.

Here's the situation of the modders who still gives a fuck with S2:

Primergy: Working on American Civil War mod. Can model units and buildings, and creates great models. One man show, but have connection to older ACW modders from ETW and NTW scene. Have some contributors creating battlemaps who depend on him fully for new building models. Do not port ETW/NTW building models, prefers to build his own, for some reason. Made his own Northern America map.

However, he got slower, his Northern American map lost when his comp got busted, and ACW-specific Ironclads are still hard to make even if he have the skills to create the rigidmodel appearance. Still essentially an one man show.

Uanime5: Finished Morning Sun mod. Can't model, only converts any model he can get his hands on (that's why his Korean models are shit compared to the Chinese ones). Plan to bloat his MASSIVE East Asian map even more. Not really good on battle system balancing, based his on Darthmod but somehow thinks 88 degrees archer fire are a great idea that fixes a non-problem and causes new problems. Morning Sun Campaign are pretty much playable but buggy as hell, there's seems to be a boundary how much can one stretch S2's campaign map. Korean and Chinese ships are incredibly hard to make, and he doesn't have the expertise to create the models. Also one-man show.

Weierstrass: Plans for another Master of Strategy for FoTS. Gonna break provinces into lots of small towns again ala uanime's "extended" map. Seems to be not a modeller, but he knows how to convert.

Armored Hellebards, Temple Guards, Champions of Bretonnia. Are there units like this in the tabletop game?
Also, the Temple Guards sadly use the Armor of the Knight Priests with Sigmar engraved on it.

regularly grazed?

>no Brettonia
>no expanded Empire counties with unique units
>no expanded Southern Realms
>no Kislev
>no Skaven
>no Ogres
>no Chaos Dorfs
>no High/Wood Elves
>no Moot
>no Skellys
>no Dogs of War
>no Units of Renown
>no expanded Marienburg
>no Mordheim quests
>no unique LL starting positions
>no expanded Dwarf factions
>no expanded Orc/Gobbo clans
>no Nuln unique units

There is nothing I despise more than the horde mechanic. I cannot physically shitpost hard enough to express my distaste for literally every single aspect of horde gameplay. I'm frustrated and angry and want to smack whoever thought this was supposed to be fun.

>vassals never repopulate the regions i raze so i'm always alone behind enemy territory
>i can't have multiple stacks to mutually support each other since they cause attrition because reasons
>i can't have a constant income since i'm unable to hold territory so i'm forced to fight non-stop
>encamping to replenish losses actively hurts my progress and allows my enemies to replenish entire stacks whilst i'm waiting for my general to go from 25% HP to 50% HP
>encamp one turn too long and end up with four enemy stacks bearing down on me
>enemy agents constantly assaulting units so i can't fight since my army is understrength
>can't encamp because the AI will just run me down
>can't do anything other than march across the entire map to friendly territory or my campaign ends because i only have one horde since i didn't want to spend an extra fifty turns of growth to get slightly better units that still lose to state troops

I'm so mad.

Patience is a virtue my friends.

>no Chaos Dorfs
DONT NEED NO MORE STUNTIES

No. The entirety of the Bretonnian faction on the tabletop is as follows.

>three special snowflake characters
>lord, prophetess, paladin, damsel
>knights errant, knights of the realm, peasant bowmen, men at arms
>questing knights, pegasus knights, mounted yeomen, grail pilgrims
>grail knights, trebuchet

So that's two Lords, two Heroes, a Core of two knights, one melee inf, one ranged inf. Special is knights, knights on flying horses, peasants with a ward save, or peasants on horses. Rare is knights or a trebuchet.

They're by far the shittiest and least developed faction in the entire setting. Comparable to Sisters of Battle if you know anything about 40k.

Get some mods my dude. I feel like the Chaos Horde Encampment Buff, Chaos Divided, and No Infighting ones would fix all your problems.

remove trip

>vassals never repopulate the regions i raze so i'm always alone behind enemy territory
are you aware that noskans cant settle outside of Norska?
>i can't have multiple stacks to mutually support each other since they cause attrition because reasons
chaos is an unruly bunch, and its an attempt to make the campaign harder
>i can't have a constant income since i'm unable to hold territory so i'm forced to fight non-stop
you are playing as chaos, of course you have to fight non-stop, hordes in Attila have economy buildings
>encamping to replenish losses actively hurts my progress and allows my enemies to replenish entire stacks whilst i'm waiting for my general to go from 25% HP to 50% HP
merge units and buy new ones, you should have plenty of money to do so
>enemy agents constantly assaulting units so i can't fight since my army is understrength
chaos for some reason lacks an agent like a banshee, or a witch hunter or any assassin really, this does admittedly feel like an oversight
>can't do anything other than march across the entire map to friendly territory or my campaign ends because i only have one horde since i didn't want to spend an extra fifty turns of growth to get slightly better units that
spec your hero to give horde growth, it should be enough for you to recruit 1-2 extra hordes, beating the game with just 2 on legendary is very possible actually