/msg/ - MapleStory General

Dragon Master Edition

Events, info, and news below!

--------------------------------------------------------------
>FIFTH JOB INFO:
youtube.com/watch?v=9BEqvNakAKs

>5th job skill percents and descriptions:
orangemushroom.net/2016/06/26/kmst-ver-1-2-035-5th-job/

>Pastebin of all the current new class skills for 5th job: pastebin.com/j3kVBYpR (embed)

>Blaster in July and Damien in August
>Current Events & News:
PATCH NOTES:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/11751/v-174-heroes-of-maple-reborn-patch-notes

EVENTS:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/12840/level-up-with-the-burning-project-6-22-7-19

maplestory.nexon.net/news/14061/hot-week-7-4-7-10

maplestory.nexon.net/news/14058/2x-exp-drop-event-7-2-7-4

CASH SHOP SPECIALS:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/13082/marvel-machine-6-30-7-10

maplestory.nexon.net/news/11389/maplestory-service-migration-announcement
EMS server migration with GMS coming soon. You can still play on your EMS worlds, or play on our worlds once it hits.
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v174+ (Updates alongside GMS). Shit. Don't listen to shills.
aries.elluel.net/
Apply to Memebois by whispering herbniqqa.

Ellinia
5x/1x/2x v162.4 Dream server. Dead.
maple.ellinia.net/
>BUDDY SUZURAN OR LEAVE NAME IN THREAD FOR A GUILD INVITE.GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.
Apply to Waifus/Casuals on Windia - Pay2Win on Reboot.
maplestory.nexon.net
-------------------------------------------------------------Previous Thread:

memeboi

What class do I play if I like pressing lots of buttons? Any piano classes looking good for 5th job?

F/P Mage because you actually need to use rotations of at least 5 DoT attacks + Mist Eruption in order to optimize your damage (Not to mention throwing in your hypers and CD skills when they're up).
Any class that chains attacks together (Aran and Thunder Breaker)

Goodnight, /msg/. Some fag raised my fame, hopefully I get to -10 tonight.
Aran and zero both are pretty okay and looking good for 5th job too.

we wating u

Forgot to include that it's on Reboot because I'm poor as shit and can't afford NX items, so Zero isn't an option.

I'd also like it to be really good for farming because Reboot is all about that meso.

dedest game

what did i fucking say yesterday

you even copied the embeds

Join Mapleroyals.

We're the superior server.

no one cares lyl

>v62
>superior
Then how come no one from /msg/ plays it?

staff or wand?

Because /msg/ is fulled with bunch of casual fags.

staff mahnigga
the dmg/speed ratio is better

/msg/ is filled with children that like to be contrarians.

They'd rather play something shitty than play something popular.

Newboi detected.

>popular
Fucking Khroa has more players at dead hour than Royals does at peak.

I'm gonna need some legitimate reasons as to why Royals is so good.

Do I burn a class I want to play? Or burn a class I don't want to play?

I remember having both maple sword and hat when playing back in the days, are they still worth anything?

Private servers are meant to fill a niche want.

Of course the official servers will have the biggest population.
Mapleroyals is meant to fulfill your desire of pre-bb maplestory, cutting out potentials, pay2win, and the 30+ classes.

If you like any of those things, then it's not for you. I'd suggest the official servers.

This all being said, I can't for the life of me understand why people would pick private servers who are up to date with the regular servers over the official servers. Bonus exp and meso is cancer as fuck. Even in Mapleroyals.

Depends on how much you care about the frozen set.

So you admit that other servers are more populated and that pre-bb servers fill a niche role for autists. Nice.

You're apparently illiterate.

I was saying that private servers IN GENERAL exist for a niche audience and that the official GMS servers will always be more populated than any private servers.

Maplestory in general is for autists, you autistic fuck.

more populated with bots maybe

Whats going on in this image?

> was saying that private servers IN GENERAL exist for a niche audience and that the official GMS servers will always be more populated than any private servers.
So you basically renege on your claim that Royals is more popular. Excellent.

>Maplestory in general is for autists, you autistic fuck.
>Y-YEAH, THE WHOLE GAME IS AUTISTIC SO I C-CAN'T BE WRONG!!!
You're a nostalgiafag, aka the most autistic maple fan ever. You have no valid argument as to why a v62 pserver is better than the official servers and damage control super hard when you know you don't have any valid points. Pre-bb pservers don't even have the same social feel as GMS did when it was on those early versions and they're plagued to fuck with customized rates/content from later versions.

So I'll ask you again, how is Royals superior to GMS?

i am getting secondhand embarrassment from your posts
just quit

Royals is more popular than the other private servers.

It's not overloaded with classes or content so that the population is moreso in contact of each other and it's not overloading to new players as to which class they should play. Having less content is not always a bad thing.

While there are some stronger and weaker classes, each class has its own niche that it fills to makes it strong endgame.

Mapleroyals staff are usually available, and as the community grows, so too does the staff grow to help directly answer questions and solve issues.

The community is also quite vocal in both forums and in game, so there's plenty of opportunity to make in game friends.

Customized rates are an issue, but the game is continuing to evolve as those in charge of content are learning what is and isn't good for the server. As they gain more experience, so will the server grow in experience. You said that it doesn't have the same feel of GMS in pre-bb times, but that's more due to a population issue than the content issue that currently plagues GMS where it's too overloaded with solo content.

he didnt make the cut

I haven't played since forever so I don't even know what that is.

Are all the high levels on windia?

>Royals is more popular than the other private servers.
Opinion.

>It's not overloaded with classes or content so that the population is moreso in contact of each other and it's not overloading to new players as to which class they should play.
But the only time players interact with each other is when they want to PQ. Nobody wants to party at farming spots unless you're a friend or in the same guild.

>While there are some stronger and weaker classes, each class has its own niche that it fills to makes it strong endgame.
It's literally just Bishop, DK/Hero, BW, NL and Bucc. All other classes are considered useless.

>Mapleroyals staff are usually available, and as the community grows, so too does the staff grow to help directly answer questions and solve issues.
Hownew.ru

>The community is also quite vocal in both forums and in game, so there's plenty of opportunity to make in game friends.
Just sucks that the community is mostly cancerous and the most vocal people are henehoes that start drama everywhere. You can only make in-game friends in game. Forum acquaintances usually don't play with you in-game because they have their own clique.

>Customized rates are an issue, but the game is continuing to evolve as those in charge of content are learning what is and isn't good for the server.
Staff literally confirmed the only way to fix the server is to wipe it. It's not "evolving", more like they have to implement meso sinks to keep the economy from crashing.

>that's more due to a population issue than the content issue that currently plagues GMS where it's too overloaded with solo content.
Royals was way more friendly and social when it had 100-300 players online. The problem is there's a lot more people, but now everyone's more anti-social.
>solo content is a "content issue"
Clearly you've never played Black Heaven.

I play Royals and you're legitimately retarded if you think you can shill like this. Lurk moar before posting here.

Royals drama every thread, the desperate shilling does the server no favours.

In more interesting matters, can someone on Aries tell me whether the Monster Collection feature works at all, I asked last thread but I wanted to check with more people since no-one seems to know. I think it looks interesting to try and kill a wide variety of species so that's why I'd like to see it as a feature.

>25/606
is that your screen? it's clearly working if you've managed to collect 25 monsters already

It is not, I probably should have mentioned that.

well if you kill around 500 of a monster and it's not registering, I'd just say it's not working right now

No survivors

aries

Anyone on MYBCKN have Alchemy crafting materials they're looking to sell? I'll buy them, I need to get my alchemy to craftsman/meister

Also is there any reason to being an accessory crafter? GMS has Nebulites instead of flames of reincarnation or whatever they're called

>blog post
Fuck you
>It's raining pretty bad on my way to work
>Running late because I stopped to take my grandmother to the hospital
>Drop her off, wait for her, take her home, and head to work
>Lose control and my Car barrels and overturns on the highway and I go spinning over a couple lanes into another car
>Knocked out by my airbag but apparently it made a pileup of at least a few cars after I went into one
>Turns out I spent most of my morning in another hospital because of it passed out

Wasn't hurt too bad but you know. It gave me some time to think. I guess its easy to dismiss hearing things you dont like as whining. Or to project like that on a cup folding China man board. hate drama like hell but it sure likes finding its way to me, but in a way it helped me realize something. I have to thank you all for that. I know how well trying to do the right things went. Same with caring about people when it turns out they only care about themselves or giving them chances. Turned out it was a mistake to waste my time being a good person for worthless people. From now on I'll only care about myself like everyone else.
My darkness is growing. Stronger. Soon. Very soon. I will unleash the beast within me and let my hatred reign supreme

literally none of this has even a tangential relationship to maplestory

fuck off to /adv/ or /r9k/ or some shit, they might pretend to care

who never get drop here

Same as the rest of the posts here right? Between your royals and Aries posting and chows autism it sure is maple in here.

I didn't even know CVB could go full Magnus

I can feel the half wing of my soul. It's power is growing. I can feel its darkness. It covers me like a blanket.
It's cold

Riders of icarus?

i remember he used to DR at 20 or 30% before but now its death balls

Nah I lost my edgy shitposting edge. Enough of that though it's time to call paypal

What's the better class of the following to burn? Grinding some Reboot links, all are level 1.

>Mercedes
>DS
>Beast Tamer
>Phantom

mercedes if you're gonna level the others anyway
free 10% xp

The one that has the hardest time training. Merc felt pretty shitty with using leaf tonardo when there are maps with multiple platforms like robos and moon bunny

has anyone had a problem with npc's disappearing? Trying to do my daily VL and Luden isn't there. I tried hitting Y around where he should be, but nothing. I tried changing maps, entering and exiting CS and relogging but he still isn't there. Only thing I did differently was trying out the auto-pilot thing with a mount I recently got. Is there a way to fix this or will I just have to make peace with never fighting VL again?

>imagining the expenses
Jesus all that money gone, I'd be crying at the bills I'd be paying for years.

thanks marvel machine

I'm mad

>level 150
if only it was 151

what do you even scroll these things with

prime scrolls

I AM LITERALLY ALWAYS LUCKY

AHA, so that's why there's been a bunch of Android set parts around lately.

u sell that chair bro?

>realm of the mad god
>aeria games
>blizzard
>firefox
>reddit
jesus christ

>Firefox
Chomebabies git
You also forgot
>TESO
>Discord
>Pokemon Online

>using firefox OR chrome
Opera master race reporting in

>Opera
"Ok" tier

who gay here

>Opera
I really should use it instead of IE but I'm too lazy to accept change

i already play private servers
what's one more botnet going to hurt

ANY MAPLEROYALS /msg/ GUILDS?

How does it feel to be deconstructed. To be the victim. To watch your dreams die. I had a dream. I don't know if i could call it that and not a nightmare. I don't know what's worse. The perfection that it was or to watch the world fall around me. It's calling to my soul. I can't resist it. Soon the two of us shall be together. Never separated again. An eternity under the coddling of the dark.
And soon all of you too will know its embrace
Coming soon to a theater near you

and here I had somehow deluded myself into thinking you weren't a total faggot

Oh no. I'm a pretty big faggot. You wouldn't even believe it

>tfw just want to buy nx on windia
>nobody ever trusts me

IM NOT GOING TO SCAM YOU RREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

who is this fluid druid

How do they do it? You pay half they give code then you give other half?

pls respondu

making meister shoulders is at least somewhat profitable, thats about it

If you have little money what end game gear is okay to buy clean, tyrants? Is CRA or gollux also okay to buy clean and scroll/cube or does that take way too long and costly, just stick with clean tyrants?

clean cra then clean tyrant cape then clean superior gollux then clean tyrant boots>belt>gloves
There's nothing you can't scroll/cube yourself, even if you fuck up the scrolling with cheap scrolls you can always inno it later when you have the money to afford stuff like primes, and benefit from having the stats from scrolling in the meantime

you can get gollux equips yourself and scroll them yourself. It's slow but it's sure. Just bring safety charms if you're not sure of your efficiency because he's currently glitched and you lose exp if you die inside

No

name the best damage skin

lovely

how long has the sengoku treasure quest been bugged on gms?

shut the fuck up you stupid RETARDED idiot

i'll call you stutardiot for short

which one of you gay faggots is man enough to make out with me

Okay user but no tongue

no deal

Does % hp amage go through everything? Even skills that do things like -30% damage?

yes, which is why HP, defense, %damage reduction and dodge skills like shadow shifter and illusion step eventually become useless but you can dodge them with skills like smokescreen iirc

>Act 1.5 is out
>Click Start
>It does nothing

I think since Aran/Evan revamps.

Act 1.5 is nothing, like you

>pudge
hnnnnng i wanna squeeze it

the static version of the default

why doesnt act 1.5 not work

One could be made.

What would you have it called?

I have an idea of my own, but it's a lolg meme