>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hLFL7k9uwpk
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/53269
youtube.com/watch?v=wAQto0A_xts
youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just came within an inch of beating Soul of a CInder on my first try. Nice to see the boss isn't too bad at least.

>tfw posting in a luci thread

oh well.

Howcome the miracle rings don't boost the power of healing miracles?

Best final boss in a souls game, from a gameplay perspective.

Also, I can't believe Aldrich only took four direct hits with Vestiges to kill just now.

Imagine if DS2 never existed and money/time used to create it were split evenly between bloodborne and DS3.

Lord Of Cinder mode is probably the best incarnation of the "death punishment" mechanic so far. Soul/Body form is basically the same, just with a much higher health debuff. There's very little reason to ever stay human in DaS (except, bizarrely, so that ultras have a nice screenshake effect when they hit, which doesn't happen when you're hollowed). DaS2's is just silly.

My game often stutters in multiplayer whenever the other guy does anything involving their weapons, mostly switching or two handing, but attacking as well.
Obviously this is fucking me over real bad, is there anything I can do to fix this?

>luci thread
Lucifer didn't invent this OP. He just copied it.

I just wish you could only revert your status at bonfires.

Soul of Cinder was the only Souls game end boss that I didn't die to even once on my first playthrough. I'm ashamed that I died once to Nashandra, but that was when I was testing a suboptimal cosplay.

Soul of Cinder still felt challenging, but he was pretty easy to dodge reliably.

pc fc where

>he died to Nashandra

Is it possible to tumblebuff a staff? I want to make a 66 strength build whacking people with the Izalith staff

I'm working on progressing to the location I want to host right now.

if you co-op with me, it'll go faster, user

Actually, maybe that's where DeS did it better. Yeah, you could basically regain body form in the same ways as 3, but you had to do it strategically because of tendencies. Plus, eye stones are more difficult to come by than embers.

Imagine if DaS2 and DaS3 didn't exist, and instead From developed a new IP.

Posting the reply here and the old thread
#
>There is the cling ring
Yes, but my point is that when you play a souls game, you tend to keep in mind how much hits your character can take, to ration out your healing items
By making "gradual" health loss the mechanic, you often misjudge how much punishment you can take
>Doesn't affect you if you play single player
Singleplayer in a souls game, nigga what?
>There's the covenant of champs
I said that in the post, sir fagalot

Best would be BB's, multiplayer having no relation to it.
Only they fucked up with 70% hp and how summons work.

Bigger budgets and longer development times don't always result in higher quality games. Just ask Kojima and MGS5.

Plus Dark Souls 2 with the DLCs was good. People shit on Dark Souls 2, but Dark Souls 1 Lord Soul areas wete pretty fucking weak and the Dark Souls 2 DLCs count for Dark Souls 1 DLC +3 Lord Sould areas, so they have similar amount of good content.

But Dark Souls 2 has admittedly much more shitty filler as well.

Anyone have an extra Silvercat ring lying around? I'm kicking myself for having missed it but I don't want to take this character into ng+ until after the dlc comes out since he's sl50.

I'm on ps4.

DUDE BLEED LMAO

>MGSV
dont even start pls....

I was using suboptimal equipment and she just cursed my shit to oblivion.

Up to this day i can't understand the praise for DS2 DLCs.
It was the same boring slog as a base game, filled with uncreative enemies, ganks, boring hallways with repeating textures and only a few good weapons.

>its another stunlocking dog enemy in a cramped space episode
Never gets old Hackazaki, never gets fucking gets old
God this series is trash, how have I spent 500+ hours of my life into this shit

I have one. Where do you wanna meet?

Imagine if we had a souls game that had Das1 world, Das2 gameplay and PvP, and DaS3's bosses
The series would be done because we'd have the perfect souls game

>Das2 gameplay and PvP
fuck no

Are their any Obsidian Greatsword-tier weapons in DS3? I want to remake my 830 AR buff build from 1, but I need a strong weapon buff/strong buffable, non scaling weapon.

There is one. Dragonslayer Axe

I'll look into it, is it any good/have a viable movset?

>Das2 gameplay

user, no.

>Uncreative enemies
I don't see how they were any worse than enemies from the other games.

I guess you just don't like the flow of DS2 then, but the DLCs are content on par with the best of the rest of the series.

It's not like the other games didn't have weak levels

>DUDE, PILLBUGS LMAO

Yes, but you can only do that at low levels. Get a DSA or Lothric GS.

it has the best, its why i'd rather play it over 3

It's a hand axe. Short range but you shouldn't have any trouble landing any hits. There's also the Lothric UGS as well

>Look around while on Earthen Peak top
>The past AND the next areas are not visible
>Look around Drangleic castle top
>The past areas are not visible even though you can see the "tower" (actually just a plain sprite graphic) from several places in the game, you can't see the Shire of Amana either
>Shulva implied to be deeper than The Gutter (even though it doesn't make any sense)
>Lost Bastille absolutely devoid of landmarks in the horizon, no clouds either just plain sea and a huge moon
>All these closed doors in Drangleic Castle (Anor Londo did the same but not as badly)
>Iron Keep, Drangleic Castle, Brume Tower, and the first part of Eleum Loyce hardly look like they were once populated by anyone)
>Throne of Want is supposed to be in a huge dark cavern even though the whole castle is residing in a peak
>The Dragon Aeire pillars are not even visible from Aldia's peak courtyard
Jesus Christ, even the Zelda 64 games do this sort of shit better.

>Das2 gameplay

>DLCs are content on par with the best of the rest of the series
FUCK NO, it's not even close to the TOH level.

FUCKING DE LE TE THIS

DS2 IS THE BEST SOULS GAME IS IT HAVING OVER 2MILLION PLAYRS ON STEAM RIGHT NOW PROVES THAT!!!!11!

youtube.com/watch?v=hLFL7k9uwpk

OK, I can do it safely at level 85 so I'll go with that. Thank you!

Lothric Greatsword needs investment though since it's not that good raw like the DSA is

Wanna say Untended Graves bonfire? I'll drop a red sign, pass is hippo.

>duel at pontiffs
>be a pyro
>get summoned by a pyro
>i have pretty much every dark and other pyro weapon you'd want
>mirror everything he does
>beat him
>he adds me, telling that was one of the most fun fight he's ever had
kek

DS2's stats and concepts, maybe
DS2's actual gameplay? FUCK NO

Speaking of lower levels, is the Champions Chain worth it at ~level 85?

haha
le dark souls 2 is bad
upvote my meme guys!
Play Trash Souls 3 with me!

Sure. I'll be right there

Yeah, the areas were actually moved around a lot and a bunch were supposed to be in completely different locations. In Earthen Peak you take an Elevator up and end up in a volcanic valley. Originally I think that path was supposed to lead to the Undead Crypt and Shrine of Amana was supposed to lead to Shulva.

Whats board is this from?

probably not

i'd say around 40-50 is when it's not worth using anymore since people will start having harder hitting weapons by that point

Thank you very much.

>taking an elevator up to the undead crypt
What

>get bored and decide to play DaS2 again
>hyped to try a new build after looking through the wiki/character creator
>boot up the game
>this clunky sluggish movement
>this painful delay between certain actions
>these stiff-as-a-board animations
>just moving around and fighting feels like a massive chore
>quit playing after 5 minutes
Every single time.

DaS2 is a bad game, with ok to good mechanics combined in the worst of ways.
Take the limited respawns per bonfire area, for example.
I honestly find that the way they dealt with the inevitable loss of item dropping enemies via either resetting the respawn counter but buffing enemies to the next ng+ level, or joining a covenant that blocks co-op capabilities and buffing enemies while removing the respawn cap, is fun and interesting.
Think about how different DaS1 would be if they added this system and only this system
Yes, it would get more frustrating , but I think everyone here would enjoy it
But they added TOO MUCH of these mechanics that on their own would be cool in a souls game, making it clusterfuck-y and uncool

pc
fc
where
pc
fc
where

Did you pay 12 during the sale for others to suffer?

Alright, thank you
mugenmonkey.com/darksouls3/53269
How does this look?

>That disappointment when they didn't make Nashandra a black woman

You died to King allant?

>tfw the nameless king was actually Faraam from ds2(as well as being gwyn's son)

>i cant adjust
>this game is different so its bad
>i want dark souls 1 again
>miyazaki pls save me and take me back to my safe place
christ you fucking cunts

He probably means the elevator was supposed to go DOWN to the undead crypt

>(as well as being gwyn's son)
So Solaire was actually Faraam all along??!?!!

when will they buff great hammers

>i want dark souls 1 again
and look what das3 turned out to be

>WHY DON'T PEOPLE LIKE MY SHITTY GAME REEEEEEEEEE
you're kicking and screaming at this point.

Dark Souls 1 didn't have great movement either. Bloodborne and DaS3 were the best games in that regard.

I like some of the mechanics and even some of the art direction/setting in DaS2, but the gameplay is just downright aweful. It's not just "different". It's just plain bad. Even old N64 games generally had more responsive controls and smoother movement than DaS2.

Great hammers don't need a buff?

i'm sure it'd do fine if you wanted to use that setup

but the Dragonslayer Axe really only shines at lower levels and raw infused. also could drop all the faith and instead just use resins which are better anyways

unfortunately there aren't really any weapons like the tail cut boss weapons from the first game

>yfw the storm drake was actually orinstein. He was the chosen one to surpass dratgon humanoid status into full blown dragon.

youtube.com/watch?v=wAQto0A_xts

i dont believe it but its still pretty interesting

Dark Souls 2 had some neat concepts that I kinda wish they had taken further such as

>NPC questline that can resolve itself without the player's interference (Creighton and Pate)

>visiting a land BEFORE the Undead Curse(Giants' memories)

>fire as a mechanic
Terribly underused but it was a great concept

>Spending money in shops changes NPCs' attitudes

>NPCs react to you differently when you're hollowed
(Navlaan)

>A place you can kinda make your own
The mansion inajula was comfy as fuck and I wish there was another bonfire there as well as some NPCs so you could comfy ut up.

There was a lot of dumb shit too though.

my weaponfu is fine though

best ost right here

youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo

dragonslayer armor fags get fucked

You can dislike it all you want, won't change the fact that you come out as a huge shitter that can't adapt to a different game. That's why they made das3 like an aborted fetus conceited by a braindead bloodborne and an alcoholic dark souls 1.

That actually makes sense, since there's Lion Knights in Lothric, Lothric was allied to the Dragons, and the sun altar is in the castle (instead of a completely random location, like in DS2).
Add that to the fact that an empty armor of an unknown dragonslayer is there.

could use an AR buff 2bh

promarily the Great Mace which is just an objectively worse normal Mace

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, people need to leave Solaire die in peace. He was just a random follower from the warriors of sunlight(Faraam's convenant), searching for his master(which he refers as his sun)

why would someone dubbed the dragonslayer want to ascend to dragonhood

makes no fucking sense

I know that feel but it gets better when you get past that initial feel of clunkiness. I usually force myself to
play until I reach the next bonfire or get the next level up and soon I realize that I've played a good 4 hpurs.

>Implying
Solaire was Gwyns firstborn.
And now we know that Solaire was disguised as Faraam knight.

I adapted. I didn't liked it.
>You don't like it because you're bad
lmao

Slower, less range, and worse move sets than ultra swords. They don't even do more damage.

exactly

prolly wanted to escape the curse by becoming immortal dragons.

King Allant wasn't even a boss.

>Making Great Club even better
Soon I hope.

Where are you trying to get to?

I thought Dark Souls 2 Scholar was the best game. Dark Souls 1 is almost great, but it falls apart halfway through and becomes a chore of unfinished content. Dark Souls 3 was literally the safest game they made. Nothing about it is interesting or new. It's just prettier and filled with a billion added visuals to make it seem different. Bloodborne would be great if the other games didn't exist. Demon's was a great first introduction to this type of game, but it doesn't hold up and is too easy.

Scholar is the most complete game with the best lore. It's got a good variety of easy and hard bosses. Best characters and the best ending.

How do you feel about Demon's Souls?

am i the only one that didnt dislike dark souls post lord vessel?

I like it, too, apart from Izalith. Archives are fine, New Londo is fine, TotG is fine, if a bit short.

>get backed to the trapped chest that killed me
>decide to take out the enemies behind the door first
>all three flood in and the halbardier smashes the chest
Fuuuuuuuuuck yooooooouuuu Daaaark Soooouuuls Twooooo,

I liked New Londo and ToTG, Dukes was ok, Izalith was trash. All except Tomb felt unfinished, though.

Grand archieves is the best area.

Anyone on PC have a spare Shield of Want in exchange for something else? I've got a lot of shit on my mules.

Water Reserve Bonfire