/domg/ - Dominions General

Man Eating Jews edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/dHdZ1cch (embed)

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam (currently -50%). Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Work on the Wiki!

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Europa
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Europa

1 dude remains

>thread started early
>dead at 91 posts

Let this be a lesson of the risks of hubris

Reminder that shitposting is better than letting the thread die.

We are already dead

Is that filename the actual email address?

>Is that filename the actual email address?

yes, fucking screencapping program pulling jokes on me.
just wanted to not make thread slip on page 20.

Nth for wololo.

Marignon should get an astral/holy enslave spell.

I think i want to join but i'm not sure on what nation should i play.
any advice?

Ragha is not taken. Pick it and win.

I must say, I am deeply unimpressed by this army. That said, when I break it the only real casualty will be llamaserver.

Don't listen to him, Xibalba wins an even higher percentage of games than Ragha.

Meh, just bring staff of storms, and cast some WoDs.

>wod against demons
better ros mate.

>WoD against 16 MR 1000 maxage demons
I hope by "some" you mean about 15, because anything less than that is going to look pretty silly

>not using ALL pen boosters
>not just teleporting all your lemurs onto this blob, casting WoD, and just running away into stealth
2 battles and 70% of this army will be dead.

Alternatively, Ozzies lack magic weapons, and aren't immune to Rigor Mortis.

And he only has 1200 Ozzies. I sort of just had around 5k spectrals lying around in the area just by coincidence.

Is this summod? Otherwise MRN will fuck ghosts over. Unless you buff them.

He'll definitely cast army of lead.

Listen, Jotunheim. When you're the last one to get your turn in, do a double. A "double" is when you send in your turn, wait a minute, get the new turn, play the new turn, and send it in right away.

It's not like your turns should take more than a few minutes at this point anyways.

Eyy, sorry about being a shitter but I'm really exhausted all the time, and I keep spending hours lying awake in bed instead of doing turns because I think that if I just lay there long enough I'll eventually fall asleep. Which usually works.

Actually, it'll take at least three to put a serious dent in it, and that's a ton of gems. You could have a more effective result with one demon cleansing and two rain of stones.

I thought it was blood 9. You wanna play safe with blood 9.

>RoS
>Demon Cleansing
>Blood 9
wot

RoS triggers damage reversal.

So the fuck what? Cast it round 1, like any good RoSer. Or load them with antimagic. Or use your empowered immortals, since it's flatus.

Well, Lemuria can WoD a shitton of times, but it's not like it will have 9 turn 1 RoS casters. Well, yeah, it's Flatus, so what the fuck do I know.

After turn 110 pretty much any decent late game nation should have more than 9 turn 1 RoS casters.

rekt.

Nice.

>Ignoring the name "You're horrormarked now"

>implying i watch those shitty battles
>implying i care about horrormarking a surplus commander.

His Ozzies are N9 only it seems, for major blesses.

i already won a game as xibalba and even if i really like them i would prefer trying something else.

any memenation or memestrategy i could run?

i wanted to play B9A9 tzitzimitl mictlan, but someone convinced me that it was retarded.

>Run an awake Dom 9 Teotl of the Night.
>Sneak to the enemy capital and start assassinating his commanders while dom killing him
>Collect his undefended territory all at once with bat squads once he's dead.

D-does this actually work?

You never know until you try.

>N9 monobless xibalbats

Jesus fuck, put it out of its misery

>Asshole Batman

It beat the heck out of quadbless mictlan in my test game.

>somebody takes an awake dom10 monster
>you dun goofed

It doesn't need 9, it needs one or two with demoncleansing

>the only thing that beats my retarded strat is a strat that is in all other ways even more retarded

Hey, it's a retarded game to begin with. Might as well.

fucking hell.

I'm joining a noob game and doing this

Even more risky than a normal game, you have no idea what a noob is going to have as their pretender. It could be literally anything.

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even threads can die

If /domg/ was anime things would be different around here.

what kind of Anime would /domg/ be?

some kind of school based one?

You could take an awake immobile. That would fuck the teotl right over

How'd that last blitz go?

Ludroth lost internet, so far the only battle was Arco running into 50 PD

we played 25 turns by email because blitz servers is forever full unless the admin deletes games manually.
the one of the three guys had a blackout and is still probably without electricity; we could continue the PBEM in the next days.
So far we are all researching/summoning wthout any war going on ( mostly because it requires some research/bullshit troops to eliminate the defender's advantage of giant PD walls in chokepoints).

that's if you know the tetol is coming. if you don't know it's coming you're going to get your tender cheeks spread, specially if the tetol gets there in a couple turns.

what game should I join /domg/?

give me three options

>what game should I join /domg/?
r u knew?

how do i into kailasa? i cant expand for shit

returning

I'm signed up for Europa and Der_Gotterdammerung

wb

with strang eons eben demons die

catchpa: select all images of bread

If you have W9 or N9 you use Yakshas with some atavi arrow bait in front, if you don't have a bless you have a bad time

If you have a good bless, a small group of Yavana led by either a guyaka general or a yogi and a priest.

If you have decent production scales, Bandar Swordsmen.

And people wonder why I always play a nation with fliers. I assume they do at least.

Describe Dominions in one image.

are Ganas gud?

"image"

>redesigned my pretender 5 times

why does Vamp queen have to be so shit.

I can only find an ant version of the full image online, someone help me out and post the maxres version?

Perfect, thanks.

Sorry for taking my time, basically got back from work and went to sleep. I've done a double.

Starts revealed lads. Mind your neighbors!

Welcome to the NHK without Misaki.

She isn't, you just need to take her imprisoned.

Good thing I'll have 1 million years before this game starts to second guess my pretender.

If you're Lanka they aren't much better than regular skeletons. They have too low of HP, so hits that go through ethereal one shot them anyway.

On that note, are mercs ever worth it?

I've got no idea where they even spawn.

They spawn in the province you had selected when you bid on them. They're okay for expansion and some of the mages can help you pick up stuff that isn't normally available to your nation. Other than that, not often.

They "spawn" in the province that you select when you hire them. Any mercenaries that can expand on their own are worth hiring, and they can also help win early game wars when a fresh block of 30 medium infantry actually has an impact. Later on, they fall off dramatically in usefulness, since a commander's worth of infantry will start mattering much less than another mage (except for the mages, which are quite nice if they have paths that you're otherwise lacking)

For expansion they can be quite handy, and rarely there's a useful merc mage around the place.

Mercs have 3 purposes imo:
Expansion, the primary purpose. Plenty of Merc groups can take indy provinces for a price cheaper than an expansion party, and can appear in any province you own.
Magic Diversity: Sometimes, a mercenary mage can break you into a magic path you don't have. Gote here is notorious, as he can jumpstart your blood eco.
Seige Chaff: Especially in lategame, sometimes multiple mercs will be available for cheap since they haven't been bought recently, and can act as on demand chaff for seiging down forts.

For mid/lategame they can be useful to take a few provinces as well.

As you said, they're usually available cheaply for the number of troops they give. Either your enemy sends their own, more expensive troops to take them down or you get extra provinces.

Dead af

Rise my thread RIIIIISEEEE

Too busy watching SGDQ in a sleep deprived stupor

Fall not into the night.

Also join Gotterdammerung you plebs

Is that the memegame?

Xiuhcoatl casts ENLARGE

mictlan

NO

>The Bowl of the Lost
>A death mage may enter to summon a Bane
Where were you when Illfraud implemented a site that gives you a 7-gem unit every turn?