/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Infra Arcana 18.2 released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
Release Notes: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v18.2/assets/release_history.txt

New Demon Release introduces Relic upgrades: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/71-upgrade-complete/

Poschengband 5.0.0 released (breaks save compatibility!)
angband.oook.cz/forum/showpost.php?p=111423&postcount=233

Vanilla Angband Comp(until July 6)
Elf Warrior with a permacursed Deathwreaker:
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/poschengband/poschengband/blob/50a63151b8fd0002d3012374adab345b273e4542/src/xtra2.c#L2105
youtube.com/watch?v=ycbF--zleYA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for ring monster race

It always amuses me to see early monsters with OOD weapons.

>Elona back and coming to steam
>new OWH
>new MSE
Based nips. It's a good fucking year for roguelikes. Implying any of those will actually release this decade

>?
>what the fuck is up with this huge axe, man?

Hey now, Toady actually adds depth and meaningful shit to Dorf Fort.

>coming to steam
I can see the SJW shitstorm now

>You can pet your, "little girl" put a leash on her, whip her into submission, and then impregnate her like in the alien movies!

I didn't realize how good 50% torment resistance was
Do i jump into the abyss? It's the only thing i can think of that won't immediately kill me

>like in the alien movies
That's nothing though, you can marry, have heavily implied sex with, and produce a heir with pretty much anything in the entire game.

When was the last time it happened?
Climbing update?

Current year, when implied sex with dogs and motorcycles broke the internet.

Then Elona is the most progressive game in existence. They should have zero complaints.

Marrying and especially impregnating children is extremely anti-progressive. It is the epitome of tradition and stands against everything left stands for.

You can give alcohol to a wolf in order to get it drunk, and then prostitute yourself to the wolf.

This takes place in the most holy site on the planet.

Having sex with anything is only progressive if you're not a white man. Remember that these are the same people that want to make female sex robots illegal.

why do they want me to stay a virgin

>return home
>some guy is there
>asks if you want to make a movie
>say sure
>pic related

>1.41
Why

And yeah Elona is degenerate as fuck. Now take your loli to a horse ranch and get both of them drunk.

>Startup game
>Maid says some faggot is here
>Punk asks me if I'm I'm ready
>Think they want to fight
dick unity

Which is funny, as even prostitutes don't feel threatened by sex bots.

Then marry the wolf, and have children. Seems like one of those 'better than twilight' things.

Alright, i survived
But now i'm stuck
Is blink limited in range? I thought you could go anywhere in your FoV

>Remember that these are the same people that want to make female sex robots illegal.
Terrible. They want to take everything from me.

I like how having sex causes the townsfolk to get their stats exercised.

It's honestly not that funny. They're fucking insane and yet wield a lot of influence in western society.

But lets stop because this isn't video games.

Banish yourself.

Is that a marilith?

To what end? Won't he come back out at the same place when he exits?

Yes and they're very underwhelming. I'm pretty sure I was stronger as a Death Imp because I was basically a levitating human with wallphase and all the relevant innate spells already.

My gear might just be weak though.

I want to make fun of you for not having levitation this far into the game, but I suspect it might have been removed since the last time I actually played it.

Oh right.

In the end i went south-east, it worked that way. I could've sworn i had a ring with +lev, but i guess i left it in my stash. Funnily enough i found a ring of levitation in the south-eastern room, so it all worked out
Except i'm running around in circles because ice fiends keep tormenting me down to 40HP, who the fuck thought this was a good idea needs to be shot
If only i had necromutation

sorry
i fucked up as i often do
i didnt make that thread though

>Brother Love
>first thing you do is shag some rando in a pub

like pottery

Library, taverns, and needs update, which just happened.

did he ever fix the military aspect

Do they actually do anything or are just pure bloat like dances and history?

so i switch over right? 12 in shields already only 10 in maces and have a necro manual

>beating monsters with my wizardstaff does comparable damage to my best spell
I don't even know what to do with this character besides grind lonely mountain:39 until I get bored and die stupidly.

>smiting still destroys you because orc priests spawn in packs of 3 whenever you spot an orc and you get chainblasted with Smite
Oh boy time to play Formicid for the rest of my life to murderhole myself into an unsmiteable and unkillable situation

>the thread throws you off in disgust!

Yes, it's a perfect 3rune weapon

im going for 15

Morale and needs fulfillment (fulfilling all needs gives you a fat and apparently global bonus to rolls), new kind of industry for export, way to circulate secrets (mostly relevant if you want a necrofort or use modded secrets) source of early permanent, iffy military squad members that doesn't need to eat or drink, new way to train various stats and skills that are otherwise very annoying and problematic to train (discipline & diagnostician), good preparation for military, and perhaps most importantly of all, way to get multiracial forts.

Not really, other than that depending on personality and discipline civ dwarves will engage rather than run from monsters, so off duty soldiers with gear can be used to defend.

>coming to steam
>no source posted

No you're going for dying stupidly after winning again.

same as always brother

Demise please go

>the noise was so loud it killed you
damn. whats it like playing a fucking pussy

>not sextuple wielding
why even play

marilith only have 6 arms

what character? what spell school?

hmmm with only 6 arms how could you possibly hold 6 things at once

i think we need a mathematician in here or something to help answer this question

i think that one weapon is two handed

he can only wield 4 because hes got to walk

use your head user

Too bad dual-wielding is terrible in Poschengband except for the 5 or so classes which get an added dual-wield bonus on top of the skill cap, characters who waste a feat on Ambidexterity, characters who waste a slot on Genji, or characters who get Mephistopheles.

bad
its all bad

Are you deliberately overlooking that he's wielding 3 swords and 3 shields, so in theory the three shields could be replaced by 3 more swords?

why is he wearing shields on his feet?

To guard against caltrops, duh.

marilith using shields is not canon

You fucking wot

Unfortunately you're not allowed to play Marilith the fun way without dying.

Guess what the marilith racial boss reward is.

It's their racial boss, but afaik they don't get a bonus chance to get it (it's still 5%).
Do tell me if that's wrong though.

you're not allowed to play anything the fun way

poschengband fucking sucks

more like POS-chengband

snake sex?

More like PozChengband.

Because the game has AIDS, you see.

more like pozcumbutt right guys

I hope you found Narya.

m-more like
poschengBAD

It's 100% to get your racial boss drop for every monster class.

Post the code that does this.

I've been playing Dwarf Fortress for a year, and just discovered this general. What would you guys recommend for a beginner? (I have my experience with adventure mode).

We have a what to play pasta with a section on good beginner roguelikes.
If you have played DF though I'm sure you'll be quick to catch onto anything listed in there.

damn
makes u think huh

github.com/poschengband/poschengband/blob/50a63151b8fd0002d3012374adab345b273e4542/src/xtra2.c#L2105

chance = 100 a few lines down

350% experience penalty.

youtube.com/watch?v=ycbF--zleYA
>much higher budget
>appears to have much more content
>story completely different, might not be as good
>music seems very vanilla JRPG, not nearly as good as the original

I don't know how to feel about this.

DCSS is THE starter roguelike. The interface is very helpful, everything is pretty obvious and easy to learn, and the tilesets are nice. Since you've started with DF Adventure mode you should probably be comfortable with just about anything the general would suggest though.

Oh cool, thanks.
I was looking at this stuff and thought it would all be cased.

in pcb you can get bonuses for wielding certain weapons in two hands but everything still CAN be in a single hand

What does Mephistopheles do?

No, they aren't. They're true neutral ranging to chaotic neutral.

what the fuck is that purple wall in the back chasing the player

It's like Genji except it does other stuff besides increasing dual-wielding ability.

Omarax has an artifact?

I literally can't stop blowing air from my noise at a faster speed than usual

>tfw you activate the zenura weave

Only thing that is better than these is The Set of Gauntlets of the Master Tonberry

case MON_ROBIN_HOOD:
a_idx = ART_ROBIN_HOOD;
chance = 5;
break;

That's pretty weak.

artifact gloves of genji with some +speed and +damage

don't forget the 1/666 chance for gollum to drop The One Ring
(and 1/10 for sauron)

i had a nice chuckle

garbage through and through

Speaking of which, how does Genji work out with multi-wielding? I always assumed they were like Slaying/Brand gloves in that they only boost the pair of hands that they're assigned to, will one set give you the ambi bonus to all 3 pairs of hands?

What? These? Is the vulnerability that bad?

First time fighting Lom Lobon, what do i watch out for?

yo what kinda bullshit this swamp vault wtf all zombies and ghost crabs.

Tornado and Chain Lightning. Kill him quickly, he has regen. You'll probably get your ass smashed.