/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 7th:
1124 – Tyre falls to the Crusaders.
1807 – The Peace of Tilsit between France, Prussia and Russia ends the War of the Fourth Coalition.
1865 – Four conspirators in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln are hanged.
1911 – The United States, Great Britain, Japan, and Russia sign the North Pacific Fur Seal Convention of 1911 banning open-water seal hunting, the first international treaty to address wildlife preservation issues.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/43weV27p
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718377676
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

HIP + Outremer mod

pastebin.com/43weV27p
pastebin.com/43weV27p

This mod integrates the outremer crusader culture from ck2+ into hip. See the paste for install instructions.

How are my memes?

Shattered retreat is off, user. They just survived normally and retreated one province away into Rum.

>19 years to reform

Dang. How'd you pull that off?

Good hoi4 never

sure thing bud

EZ-mode, aka playing as any pagan

>when someone says that they actually like HOY4

>Shattered retreat is off
How do you turn it off?

>announcing a rport

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=718377676

go into the defines.lua, search for shattered retreat and change the 1 to a 0

The second major battle of the war also takes place in Kaisun, although this time the Mongol forces are the defenders.

After spending several months in Rum chasing Mongol forces and continually inflicting defeats upon them, the Mongols eventually manage to escape via the passes of Kaisun, the same place where they were first forced to enter. Here they meet up with a further 20,000 Mongol forces who had entered the region as reinforcements, and the combined force takes to guarding the passes against the Jerusalemite forces, confident that they, with their 40,000 soldiers, had secured victory over the much smaller forces of Christ.

In spite of the overwhelming number of enemy troops, it is now that Svietislav encourages Aubry to remember what he told him before: broken, tired, starving and terrified of Jerusalem's soldiers, fully one half of Mongol forces are not likely to hold. They can strike at Kaisun and expect to win, in spite of the Mongols' terrain advantage.

The battle occurs precisely as Svietislav predicts; although the Jerusalemite forces suffer harsh casualties, they are nevertheless able to inflict worse upon the Mongol defenders, and to break their hold on Kaisun once again.

The Mongol forces flee to Edessa and, from there, to a small fortress on the very outskirts of their territory called Maridin. It is here that Svietislav and Aubry will once again give battle....

t. robert
t. willy
t. hpm
t. johan

Reminder to pay for the games you play

He's called Alex you rude fuck

That's basically gg. You took way too many losses in that battle and the Mongols still outnumber you.

This place is so fucking shit.

He still has 1400 gold. I don't know what that mod is, but that is a lot of mercs.

Lol who cares

We used to be great. The steamgroup, reddit, casuals and PR representatives won.

>reformed pagans
FUCK YOU JOHAN YOU FAT FUCK

Trying my first mod, building it for Iraq to get cores on the Levant, Syria, and Egypt.

Might be broken, but could be fun.

I'm just using the default focus tree but am adding paths to core Egypt, the Levant, and Arabia under the ideology section.

Any specific advice for modding national focuses?

At Maridin, Svietislav and Aubry were almost defeated. In addition to the 25,000 Mongol troops which were present from the beginning, an additional 15,000 reinforcements arrived within the first days of the battle. Fighting across a river as they were, the wearied Jerusalemite forces, which only numbered 20,000, were now faced with the prospect of going on an offensive to dislodge a stronger and more organized Mongol force. Even Svietislav admitted that victory might be outside their grasp.

When the battle begun, it certainly appeared that way. Yet... as the battle continued, events continued to play out in favor of Aubry. First the 10,000 strong Mongol force which had been defeated throughout Rum broke, then 2,000 Rumite soldiers (the Khan was at war with the Sultan as well) arrived at the battle at a critical point to bolster Christian defenses and morale, and, finally, 7,500 Aegyptian soldiers arrived just when Jerusalem's forces were about to break, bolstering the line and finally forcing the dispirited Mongol defenders to retreat further into the countryside.

They had won. Six days later, the Khan of Khans himself stepped forward with a chest loaded with gold (one entirely insufficient to pay back even a fraction of what Aubry had paid for his mercenaries, it must be noted), begging for peace. Aubry accepted, and became the first man ever to defeat the Khan of Khans. His victory earned him the epithet "the Brave," for risking everything on the slim chance that victory on his terms might be achieved.

>HOI4
Yeah how about an uninstall focus

They'll surrender eventually, right?

Disappointed in Paradox's latest?

Is there a better feeling than when the Mongols first break?

Holy shit, he actually did it. The madman, absolute.

Holy shit based Aubry did it. Did he get enough prestige to have a cute bride now?

This is reddit tier OC, lad. Not even funny.

The reason behind the Khan's insistence on surrender, his many prior defeats aside, soon becomes incredibly obvious: people have begun to lose their fear of the Mongols.

The Mongol threat was psychological so much as it was physical. So long as it was believed that the Mongols were unstoppable, that their forces were limitless, they were unstoppable in fact. Lords bowed down to them without fighting, refused to use the entirety of their resources to resist, "so that something might be left over when we are beaten." And in just such a way the Mongols earned many a cheap victory (although, of course, they also earned many a legitimate one).

Now, Aubry has swept the facade aside, slaughtering tens of thousands of Mongol forces which represented the Khanate's only real method of control over its vassalage simultaneously. With a new Khan--and not just a new Khan, but one now in debt to his enemies--in control of the Horde, what was to happen was almost a foregone conclusion: rebellions began to break out. Those who had been conquered began to realize that the Khan could be defeated, if only they took up arms and fought while he was weak.

And so Jamugha Khan has the unenviable legacy of being the Khan not only to pick a fight he could not win, but to be the first Khan to show weakness to his conquered subjects.

Does steam know if you pirate the dlcs?

>mongol hordes

Does Johan know if you pirate the dlcs?

I hope the next PGDS game is Clausewitz 3.0 as a F2P standalone platform, where every era and game mechanics are forwards and backwards compatible with all DLC. ie. WW2 with CK2 mechanics, viccy with HOI etc

What trait is that little crown with crossed swords?
A civil war related trait?

>The brave

>Craven trait

IIRC, it makes the AI more aggressive or something like that.

Yes. Safer if you just buy the ones you want.

Nice memes my dude.

Unfortunately, no. Not based on prestige, anyway; I hit 2k (the cap) before this war even started.

Maybe the Khan will let me marry one of his daughters considering I fucking molested the shit out of him.

It's the Conqueror trait. It does what says, makes the AI aggressive as fuck.

He got craven fleeing from Aubry personally on the field of battle.

It's mocking him for getting blasted apart by some piss-ant sedentary kingdom.

Try doing that as Zunist pagans.

>He got craven fleeing from Aubry personally on the field of battle.

Aubry is close to be even more based than his father.

>endlessly blobbing
kill yourself my man

Are you having fun with endless, monotonous war?

Anyone who leads armies in battle eventually becomes craven. The only way to stay brave is to never fight.

Really makes you think...

I'm not doing it on purpose, my religious head keeps calling holy wars. If I don't take part, my vassals will just get the land for themselves and start forming factions.

Holy fuck the Khan will actually let me marry his daughter for the non-aggression pact. I was just kidding. This motherfucker must be legitimately terrified of me.

Is that a unibrow

Aubry's eyes look a bit scary.

Does the /got/ mod work yet/ is it balanced?

As Aubry (who is both terribly stressed from his long campaigning in the mountains and quite ill due to some fever caught in the camps) returns to Jerusalem, he receives word for the first time that his niece Almodis, Queen of Aegyptus, died due to illness shortly after his setting out. Aegyptus is now ruled by his much younger cousin--only six years old--Eglantine.

Eglantine is not yet betrothed, and considering his lack of other prospects Aubry speaks to his sister Sibylla to inquire whether or not she would be amicable to a marriage between them. Sibylla is cool to the matter for the time being, but the young girl is in a regency, and Aubry knows only too well that matters shift frequently in such a state; he decides to sit on marriage a while longer, to determine for certain whether not a match between he and Eglantine can be made.

Done for tonight, lads. That was a hell of a ride.

Like the eyes of a person who would beat a mongol ruler around until he cedes his loli daughter's hand in marriage?

Do it. Isn't it customary to take a child of your defeated enemy anyways?

dammnnn you EU4

>castille
>allied france/portugal
>mission to take granada/convert to catholicism
>doing well everything is sweet, im a big guy
>france keeps dragging me into wars
>decline a war against my ally (-1000)
>argagon declares a war on me almost immedietely
>run over by argon/austria/burgundy alliance

at least i learned about that massive decline join war penalty

Presuming you're talking about Edvige, yes. She has the Ugly trait, after all.

He's seen some shit, user.

Also, probably more importantly, he's ill and stressed simultaneously. He's not quite in the best of health, or spirits.

As a captive, yes. As a wife... less so.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't really want to tie myself to 'ol Jamugha, both because the son of a bitch is old and because his Khanate's falling apart at the seams. I might try to butter up to the next Khan, but only if he's a bit younger and he can actually keep the Khanate together, so I know the non-aggression pact will actually be worth something.

dammnnn you EU4

>play
>its shit
>uninstall.exe

at least i learned about that massive dlc charge

oh and reason i declined to join another one of France's war was because i had uprising in Granada that drained my manpower/standing troops, well mostly because of the previous war with Granada/Tunis.

>ill and stressed simultaneously.
You're going to die

you're bad

there was a sale just on, i picked it up + 4dlcs for $25~

i guess i fell for the it's a good gateway to GS meme

what other game would you recommend?

i am new, under 10hrs in Excel Universalis 4

>Done for tonight
I'm afraid I can't let you do that, user.

Exactly, why haven't you stopped long ago?

implying eu4 is even remotely complicated

what is complicated?
i'm a newb, pls again, dont bully

Probably not. I'm max martial education, which gives a +.5 to health. Granted that still leaves me with -1.5 overall, but unless I have low as hell health I should be fine, especially considering my age.

It'll be alright, user. I'll be posting more tomorrow.

That was nice of the AI.

>that persia blob
w-what

CKII conversion. Borders have actually improved for the most part in the two centuries of warfare.

There is no eternal Anglo.

He keeps a list of the naughty and nice.

BURN THE COAL PAY THE TOLL

Who owns E*gland then?

No longer East Land, it should be called North Land.

Põhja

Does anybody have the bobocrunch/memebloc stock photo of the fat man eating a fruit cup?

That's Bigmac you dum dum.

They're finally willing to accept my demands. I think they were bankrupted at least three times.

The Norse Irish and Zoroastrian French.

Do you have the image tho of bigmac? I need it

>Shlomo
sides are kill

>Norse Irish
ooo play them at some point
Abbasids is interesting as well

Is anyone here still in touch with mayaka?

>mfw lurking the thread waiting for rare johans

>CK2
>Latin Empire conversion mega campaign from the 1204 start.
>Pushed back all the Greeks into their hideouts in the Ankaran mountains.
>Begin taking the sword to the Turks, their hordes commanded by a child after his father died in a civil war.
>After my second incursion into Turkish lands, I capture one of their lords of the Mengujek clan, who owns nearly 1/3rd of Anatolia
>Plan to execute him for being a mudslime.
>See these traits.
>Brilliant Strategist. (for a turkroach)
>Sympathetic to Christian cause.
>Follows the school of rational thought.
>Has no bastards, faithful to his traditions.
>Humble, Content, Charitable, Brave

What do I do, /gsg/? My King is Just, but also Zealous. No other negative traits.

Demand conversion lad

3000 year Dutch reich user here
kinda getting bored
is vicky any gd?
or shall i go again as Japan or something

>is vicky any gd?

Vicky II is literally EU4 but actually fun.

Okay, next game after Caliphate Strikes Back!

If you can make him your vassal, demand conversion.
Otherwise kill him.

tough people dislike it here?

What is the EU4 Expensive War Mod?

is it shit?

EU4 is a game where the only thing to do is blob but the game actively punishes you for blobbing.

It's only shit because it's for EU4. It's pretty well done and makes the game somewhat more playable.

Give it a try if you have the game installed but don't bother reinstalling

He's a noble heathen, user, and your vassals disagree with execution. Do the just thing and ransom him, or put him in house arrest to live out the remainder of his days. Perhaps he'll have an epiphany of conversion.

yea kinda dislike that my country wil rebel as soon i take 1/10th of the enemy's land

Lad this is basically Victoria 2 general with guest appearances by CKII and the rest of the cast

oh tought i mainly saw eu4
is vicky as easy to learn as eu4?