/pgg/ - Pokemon Go General

Very First General edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/7/6/12106892/pokemon-go-police-station-facebook-page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Went out for like 15 minutes with my sister

Hit a pokestop, got an egg and pidgey

We'll probably start for real tomorrow

Pretty hyped for the future

C A N A D A
A
N
A
D
A

P L S
L
S

Crashes after two minutes anytime I open it or catch anything.

I'm installing a gps spoofer so I can catch stuff from home

Anyone confirmed if pokestops can give incense?

University has 15 pokestops and 3 gyms
is this normal?

I usually get Failed to detect location when using them for PokeGo.

yeah I couldnt get it working

apparently you'll have that if you have 'enable mock locations' enabled
going to have to wait til uni is back to catch anything properly then

also make sure your location settings is on high quality

Server down for me, everytime I tried to catch a pokemon it froze

How does one battle other people?

Fucking retarded there is no support for korea

>tfw want to play this game
>but too old for pokemon
>no friends to play with either

>too old for pokemon
no such thing

>you can't trade pogemangs with other people

Wew.

Protip: the transfer button "sells" the pokemon and gives you a candy for that kind of pokemon

from work my trainer's range extends over a gym, which I've had to retake 3 times today because apparently fucking everyone went blue team in my suburb. I'm running out of potions and red team might lose the gym.

send help

Anyone know how to set up a Gym?

only premade ones m8

More like broken servers edition

find a gym, no other way of battling

That sucks dick

you have to be level five to put pokemon in a gym. If your team already owns it your pokemon goes straight in, if a different team owns it you have to beat their pokemon and kick them out.

Whoever has the strongest pokemon in the gym becomes the gym leader.

Dead thread. Dead game.

Has anyone caught Mew/Mewtwo or any of the other sick AF pogemangs?

all pokemon aren't out yet

>/v/344086907 was very active until it didn't

what ones are famerino?

Is there a list or some shit somewhere?

Haven't seen a list, just heard from another user yesterday. which might not even be true, but I'll believe it until I see/hear otherwise

used a lure at home , literally nothing happned

You still need to walk around, it only increases the rates at which pokemon appear

Is this game actually fun? I'm having a hard time accepting it without trading or battling.

Universities are fucking Overpowered desu, and yes that's normal

>very first thread
>not explaining how to download it for people in different parts of the world.
in to the trash it goes.
inb4 being this much of a pleb for now knowing how to download the game. You have to spoonfeed the faggots who browse 4chin m8 .

I tried to use it, it came up 'failed to detect location' briefly and didnt get consumed or do anything

How would they know how to download it in another region they don't live?
>Inb4 look it up
Then you fucking do it

it's about as good at wasting time as anything else. It doesn't actually play like pokemon, so don't expect a pokemon game. It's pretty much just Ingress with a slight tech update on some things, the same level of service and tech support, and a pokemon color scheme and paint job.

Sick of catching these niggers already.

Anyone know of exploits or possibilities of them existing?

So I walked about 5 miles to the nearest Pokestop, and the only thing it offered was for me to add in a module (which I didn't have). At a certain point the game told me to "go to a Pokestop" but the notification went away when my app crashed.

Did I miss a tutorial? What are Pokestops for and what do they offer? Currently level 4.

questions
1. Should I be catching every pokemon I encounter to boost my levels and the CP of my pokemon? Do the pokeballs you receive allow you to do this indefinitely?
2. Is there a way to view a map of my city, which I live some distance from such that I cant see it on my pokemon go map while I'm at home?

Gotta spin the circle with the image of the place to get items out of it

yes, no.
wait for a map to come out like ingress portal maps.

I went out with my mates and patrolled our Uni. We met up with some random bloke who controlled all 4 of the gyms there with a team of like 6 level 300+ Golbats and Kinglers

this is seriously the most fun ive ever had in a phone game ever

"This is a pokestop. It is a real world location where you can find poke balls and other items. The pokestop will change its shape when you walk close enough. Tap it to interact with it. Spin the photo disc to generate items. Tap or swipe the items to collect them."

"This is a Gym. Teams battle for control of these real-world locations. Assign one of your pokemon to an open gym to claim it for your team. Strengthen a friendly Gym by assigning one of your pokemon to help defend it. Train the pokemon at a friendly Gym to increase the Gym's prestige and level. Challenge a rival Gym to lower its Prestige and level. During battle, swipe left or right to dodge incoming attacks."

go to 'tip's if you want to read it for yourself but thats exactly what it says

go to your items
I think you start with 60 pokeballs or something

So, what is your starter?

Charmander Master Race

oh yeah and i found a gym at the top of the hill behind my house, in the middle of fucking nowhere. So i control a gym that literally no one is ever going to go to. So i'll get a smallish income of coins now right? or do i actively need to be defending my gym?

wow its fucking nothing

I just reset and shit showed up

you can run out of pokeballs, you need to get more at pokestops or buy them

if i recall correctly the legendaries are going to be like scheduled events for groups.

Fuck off retards you have a containment board for pokemon shit

>complaining about pokemon on a videogame board
???

who /canada/ here?

i just want to play

Pokemon Go plays a lot differently than a normal Pokemon game, so I'd say just leave it on Veeky Forums for awhile and then when the hype dies down, transfer back

>Hit start
>Just a blue-green gradient that never loads into anything more

nice broken game

Can I catch ghost pokemon by going to a cemetery?

servers got overloaded cause devs weren't expecting people to rush and download the apk

You're the retard, retard. Might as well remove Veeky Forums because we have /v/, right?

Fuck off, /vp/ is not for generals.

Yeah I've been walking around for an hour now and haven't found a single thing. People are like "just look for rustling grass" like it's a thing I've seen. Literally nothing in a mile radius of my rural-area house.

I had a glitch like that where nothing at all was loaded. No gyms or anything visible. I rebooted the app a couple times and then it worked.

>Go won't find my location from the GPS on my phone
>tried using fake GPS app and that doesn't work either
Oh ok.

>Just now realized you get two incense for free

Time to step it up

I have a low level XL Ekans and another one that's higher level but smaller.
Does the size/weight of the pokemon matter at all?

>Does the size/weight of the pokemon matter at all?
have also been wondering this

Play Store release when?

Downloading the apk can't detect my signal for some reason.

I just search it yo under the full name

There are no grass areas around me. What gives?

Curse with your dying breath that you were born with no luck and no power.

Are you from Arizona¿

is it night time?

Yes it is.

>friends saying they literally just sat on their ass and used an incense
>got 6 mons including Pinsir and Dodrio from one incense
>I try
>server crashes and wastes my incense
>try again
>3 Zubats

Fuck living, I'm going for a jog when I get home. Finally I have a use for all my autism energy.

>tfw there is a Gym right outside my office

>clefabel nearby with 3 footprints
>walk around the entire block and dont find anything
>use an incense to attract it
>still nothing
JDIMSA

EU WHEN
U

W
H
E
N

i looked at my phone earlier and one was right on top of me. didn't even have to put any pants on

"July update"

by the end of the week
First place im gonna go walking is up the crags

should i power up my pokemon before evolving them or does it matter?

try searching for "Niantic, inc"

i couldnt find the app on the appstore because of the fuckass accent on the e

>can't battle friends
What's the point?

why fuck the best continent over?

Ikr. Wtf. I guess you gotta claim a gym

The best continent has to exist. Europe isn't a continent geographically speaking.

My university has 9 gyms that I've found. I control all of them for now.

oh look, you're retarded

asking real questions here.
Can't wait to get a gastly and haunter

the best continent is USA you fucking retard.

That certainly sounds more logical than some of the places people are being sent.

theverge.com/2016/7/6/12106892/pokemon-go-police-station-facebook-page

If I sign in with a google account, can I link it to my Pokemon Trainer Account later?

I used my two starter incense, but now I have to go outside since I'm out. Which isn't a problem other than I don't have any data. Caught these though. So cool I guess.

To be fair, if you further read that very page it explains different culture and geographical definitions for continents, each of which is valid and widely accepted. Basically, your perception of what a continent is has a lot to do with where you grew up/learned geography in the first place, as different continent models are taught in different places.

>that name isn't available
nigga i swear to god

My perception of what a continent is is based on the most sensical definition of the term.

should power up or evolve first?

Neither

Power saving mode buggy for anyone else? Screen becomes unresponsive after letting it go black a few times.