>Block list, furniture themes and paint
imgur.com/a/hQzDQ
imgur.com/a/wZ4tJ/layout/grid
imgur.com/a/AvobE

>Fancy Builds
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SNzEwaWhUWlZzN28&usp=sh

>Wave banks - music replacement
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5VFAiJ5n4-SQU5Id0l6YklQam8&usp=sh

>OP pasta. Please use the info from this link when creating new threads.
pastebin.com/raw.php?i=X8aFHVtu

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/auQVEf0W
imgur.com/HZmpw9i
youtube.com/watch?v=BeEKtuVR900&list=PLTQhbnE1faneb76hbbusjRf-YTieKnCNt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

live please

tfw Terraria is dead

Not yet!

May aswell be by now. At least until 1.3.2 releases.

Why not have a 2D builder game thread instead? Include Crea and the bunch of others like it?

What are the best blocks to make a wizard tower?

So, I am trying to build some kind of a jungle village and so far it's been going fairly good. Definitely better than all my previous attempts, at least. But I would like some opinions and advice on what can be added and how to improve it.

It's pretty WIP at this point, I still need to furnish the houses and place in legit light sources instead of the placeholder torches.
The semi-circular house is just an experiment, thinking about scrapping that entirely or maybe just converting it into a library.
The gold brick house is supposed to be for angler, but with that shape it kinda reminds me of a bee hive, so I am thinking I could turn it into that, perhaps.

So Veeky Forums, what are your most and least liked combat types and why?

Personally I like them combined.

Can someone post that floating half-sphere so I can copy it please.

No, thanks. Keep that garbage out of here.

If you want a dilapidated crumbling one, a combination of ordinary bricks and dungeon bricks and a bit of stone/planked wall even can work very well for the walls, also stone slabs for pillars, various wood types for supports etc. - just paint it all grey and brown so that it fits together.

my dude, you either make all the wood red or you make all the wood brown, don't mix it

where the fuck are my lihzahrd footjobs

footfags get the fuck out

I like magic with a little bit of cheats so I can make my mana regen as fast as stamina in das.

make me you bitch ass nigga

My favorite is melee. I suck at aiming, so being able to smack things at close range is a must. I actually hate most of the late-game melee weapons because they're all about firing projectiles rather than being an actual melee weapon.

And, again because I suck at aiming, ranged is my least favorite. Unless you have homing bullets, it's too much of a pain in the ass to have to aim perfectly at everything. Plus, you're limited by how much ammo you have on you. With magic at least you can regenerate your mana.

>Can someone post that floating half-sphere so I can copy it please.
Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

It's not this one, I'm talking about a sky one with propellers.

Summoner is my favorite and most hated, It has a lot of cool ideas and end game summoner is really fun, but getting to that point is a nightmare

Halp, can't find it in fancy builds.

Here you go m80

Yes, thank you! This one has a really nice balance of the stuff below and the dome, but it turns out it's way too big for what I had planned, so I made a 50 block half-sphere instead. Now I don't know how I'll fit anything into it, but oh well.

So I decided to pick this game back up on a whim today. I haven't played since early 2014 I think, and just barely made it into Hardmode then. I remember the mechanical bosses slapping my shit.

What's changed in all that time? What do I need to know going in? Or can I just wing it semi-blind and see how it goes?

>early 2014
You've missed the entire 1.3 update, wich added a final boss and a couple of events, some early and midgame content and several quality of life improvements. You've probably missed fishing too, but that's the only thing that you may need to look up. Go blind for the rest.

>fishing
Dope, that's something I wanted when I played the first time.

>final boss
Also a nice addition. I like a good end goal.

But cool, thanks man. Are there any weird "gotcha"s to be aware of? I remember the brain boss catching me off guard really badly the first time I went through, for instance. Any of that that's really insane in the new content?

>Are there any weird "gotcha"s to be aware of?
Yeah, beware the final event. It triggers when you kill the new dungeon boss and it can fuck you and your world up pretty badly if you're not ready for it. Also if you play the new expert mode you'll get "gotchaed" constantly.

Not really, unless you play on expert - and you shouldn't since you got slapped your shit last time you played (and it's just a meme anyway, there's barely any new content in expert and what there is, is useless).

Cool, thanks for the warnings.

Here goes. Will report in with how things are going. You're a good general, Veeky Forums.

REMINDER THAT WE'RE DOING THE Veeky Forums ADVENTURE MAP
HERE OVER AT
shekelshoah.ddns.net:7777
pass is buildan

what do you guys want to see in 1.4
I want to see living wood for every type of wood (also it being consumed by crimson/corruption)
I want to see missing furniture (like frozen dresser)
I want to see some kind of a snow dungeon
I want to see sandstone slab walls

>1.2.3.1
>Fixed bug where coins would disappear during Quick Stack
I lost so much money to this fucking bug. I still get PTSD from it sometimes.

An actual melee weapon for the endgame. Ideally something like Arkhalis.

>implying Terraria is a 'builder'
yep nop

Tell me about it. I don't know about you guys, but I only build commieblocks and arenas.

>Also if you play the new expert mode you'll get "gotchaed" constantly.
mfw

So, you play Expert or Normal? blog some shit while you go

Previous thread:

Is there something more efficient than this btw?

Sure, the chest arrangement can be made into a circle so you can quick store into all of them at the same time. They can also be arranged around the crafting stations so you can craft pretty much anything you want without moving form one spot.
Those things are not really my style, though. Pic related is as far as I would go with chests and crafting stations.

yeah, I meant the houses. For chests I go for my own style, going for 1 large row for categories and building them up if needed. Not doing item frames yet since I remember where my shit is.They are fancy though.
Still need some work though (more categories), will do for next playthrough.

pastebin.com/auQVEf0W

That's quite good.

imgur.com/HZmpw9i

Make anything cool with wires yet, Veeky Forums?

>start terraria on new again
>new character, new world
>feel comfy
>meteorite lands
>end up spending hours trying to find platinum
>make 80 bars of silver during my search for platinum
>think i found a big ass deposit of platinum
>get hyped as fuck when i get close
>last stone block is gone
>begin to mine
>its silver again

Just bomb the meteorite.

You guys were right.
It's much more satisfying to kill Moonlord when you are actually dodging his attacks instead of hiding under a roof with every single regenerating item scattered all around the arena and outrunning him with a Minecart.

>vortex beater with beetle armor instead of shroomite
>not just fighting him with the normal fishron mount without the armor
But why?

I didn't come even close to death during that battle, I did that so I don't waste resources to summon him again.
Going through Lunatic Cultist and killing the pillars is such a hassle...

I prefer to waste ammo than space fragments.

>No potions
Really?
Why?

I am such garbage at this game. Still trying to kill the twins. Got full hallowed armor and the megashark, still haven't killed either of them during the fight

I forgot to add that I also regularly switch armors, so at one point when I was safe from danger I just switched to shroomite and when it just happened that the Lunar Bite wasn't active I switched to spectre, it just happened that it was beetle when I defeated him.
I like switching armors, I don't play a strict class, I'm jack of all trades which is why I keep pretty much every weapon type on hotbar despite it being a waste of space.

>hallowed armor
but hallowed armor is shit senpai
get titanium or frost

>switching classes mid-game
you are the biggest scum in this general my man

>Ice staff in hotbar
I didn't even think of dodging the deathray with ice blocks.
For Twins I suggest two strategies:
1.Build a long platform with Frost Spark Boots and shoot them while dodging with Shield of Cthulhu
2.Use Gravity potion and use Dart Gun with Ichor Darts to line them up while you are falling, or just use Mega Shark

I play as Battle Mage, if I need to take out my sword then I do, if I need some ranged magic then why not?

How many NPCs are there with Thorium that move in regular houses?
I have no idea which NPCs from Thorium move into houses or not.

>Choosing a class on first playthrough
From your posts I assume that's the first time you defeated Moonlord, so why not just start a new world and try to play as a strict class?
If you favor melee more than try to go for pure melee, there are options to defeat bosses as every class, maybe except Summoner, but I'm still trying myself.

Not the first time, he built a huge railway with blocks to be immune from the meme laser, so he TEdited in a huge container with water to prove that he's not cheesing.

How do I even start as summoner?
Do I cheat in a slime staff?

I actually filled it myself.
It took fifty pumps working for about 30 hours.
Had to make some subcontainers so the water that is thinner than 1/255 of a block didn't despawn.

see yup that's why u said u were gonna use TEdit
ebin logic friendo

I said that because the water kept despawning, I've read on the wiki that a water that is thinner than 1/255 of a block automatically despawns so I made sub containers to make it work.

Yrimir went full autism for that.
Walled off all mobs, didn't fight them, found lava and slime statue, made a farm from wires and pressure plates you get in worldgen, then tapped space until it dropped.
youtube.com/watch?v=BeEKtuVR900&list=PLTQhbnE1faneb76hbbusjRf-YTieKnCNt
Actual farming happens in episode 2.

That's pretty impressive.
Did he get to hardmode?

Hallowed is honestly a trash armor. What else do you got? Palad, Orich, Titan? Even if you got all classic ores, then I suggest this combo:

Hallowed Melee headpiece (cbf to wiki the name)
Adamant Chest piece
Hallowed greaves

Crimson or Corruption? If crimson, get some pseudomelee weap to apply flask of Ichor, or do it with Golden Shower. Debuff lasts for about 15 sec.

If you have Titanium, go to Ice Surface biome when it rains and try to wall off some Ice Golems and rape them for Frost Armor.

With megashark, Ichor and crystall bullets 1 twin should melt in about 1 min (fought them first mech boss in expert with Clockwork Assault Rifle, fight lasted about 3 minutes tops (used 4 health potions)).

Focus on non-lazer one first.

I think he killed all hardmode bosses that existed in 1.2

What will i need to be able to kill expert Skele-Prime?

I've only killed him once, pre-1.3, and i remember having trouble doing enough damage to him before the night was over and i got instakilled. I remember using the Megashark.

I assume he has a lot more health/armor in expert, so what will i need?

deadaedadeeadadadddaedadaedlus stormbow with holy arrows and something to spray him with ichor occasionally

>friend starts a server for 3 of us
>end up doing a lot on it, fishing and everything
>got everything from fishing
>trying to get sky crates for horseshoe (didn't get any from islands
>decide to go down to hell to mine some hellstone and make myself a nifty set of molten armour
>using hornets + bee gun
>accidently kill a demon holding a doll over lava
>oh fuck
>decide to give it a shot anyway
>nearly dead, but don't want to go hardmode yet
>go to teleport
>mouse scroll didn't work
>m1 is still bee gun
>Accidently kill it by clicking it one more time
>mfw
My friends aren't even out of shadow armour yet

Dart Pistol with Ichor Darts is Godly.

>Every time I go on twitch to watch someone else play, all they do is build a square wooden box of commieblocks stacked into one giant square.

mfw

>going to twitch
Just play the game yourself, you damn autist. The only time when watching someone else play is acceptable is when they're doing challenges or something like that.

>Excited to see some of my favorite youtubers stream Terraria
>They don't choose expert mode

Literal autism

I've got 2k+ hours in the game. I'm looking for inspiration for new build ideas.

>inb4 you faggots tell me to just check the Op like I haven't done that already.

Good idea, maybe all the sports fans should just go and play some football themselves.
Nice.

Check the OP.

>waiting 5 seconds and playing the game yourself is the same and going outside, finding friends (good luck you NEET) and playing a sport

Try to look on the first post.

Why not try to press "Top" button and see what's up there?

Analyse the leading string of words.

bump for
jungle A SHIT

What's the point of the underground desert?
Why is it so terrible?

Hard dungeon or jungle temple first?
Megashark or Uzi?

Anyone have that giant class triangle?
i know someone posted it on this general a long time ago

samefag
Tbh

Stardust Guardian looks fucking dope with Reflective Dye, I want to see how Stardust Dragon looks in this style.
Is there a mod that lets me dye minions?

That's why it's getting a rehaul and a huge update, user.
Both are equal, one has 20% more damage and 20% less firerate and the other has 20% less damage but 20% higher firerate.
You mean this?

Nah, it was a piramid filled with like, i don't know, 40 combinations between ranger mage and melee

>Mage Apprentice
>Fighter Journeyman
>Master Thief
what the fuck

Oh... you mean this:
Try to answer to at least one question, asshole.

Hoo boy, indeed it is, thanks

I googled "Terraria class" and posted the first image that wasn't youtube thumbnail, I know it's retarded.

Palladium, orichalcum, and adamantite are my hardmode ores. Crimson.

Will give it another try tonight.

>Bard is in the middle
noice

Post loadout.

I swap some vanity slot accesories and regular slot accesories when I use a mount.
Worm Scarf is here for vanity.

I wish I could experience this game for the first time again.
I hope Terraria 2 comes out in my lifetime.