Why do Nordicists...

Why do Nordicists, Afrocentrists and other similar groups think comparing ancient statues to modern people and descriptions from old epics and stories beats genetic studies when trying to decide the ethnicity of ancient people?

Because they're stupid and inherently full of confirmation bias

It's how plebeians can into history.

But seriously Rome was extremely diverse, even in modern Italy you have light-skinned people living next to sandniggerish types.

No one, not even the most nationalist white believes greeks or roman were Nordic. Calling them mediterranian might be more correct, and mediterranian while still not being Nordic or Hitler's wet dream still falls under white. As for the egyptians, at one point they were ruled by greeks and at another by nubians. Only some stupid idiots believe they were just as black as the common sub-saharan nigger.

(OP)
The Mediterranean phenotype is the Nordic phenotype, the only real difference is pigmentation. Left (boy/man) is Nordic and Right (Statue) is Mediterranean. There are differences, the statue has a longer and more pointier nose, but they are too close to be properly called different phenotypes.

There are a lot of Greek people who are not Mediterranean in this sense but Alpine or Dinaric in phenotype, and still have a look that a lot of people would call Mediterranean. The Mediterranean phenotype in anthropological terminology is only the phenotype represented by the statue.

Also, phenotype and genotype aren't necessarily the same. Just because the genetics of Ancient Greeks and Modern Greeks, are the same, doesn't mean the phenotype has remained the same in all segments of the population. Even without foreign influence, phenotype can change frequencies over generations.

Or for example, you can have a gene pool thats small and introverted, which has the same haplogroup as the surrounding population, but who's phenotype is different and unique. You see this in nuristani people, and other isolated middle eastern groups like jews. Recessive genes end up being more expressed. People can also have the same haplogroups but because some of them evolved in a desert, and others in a more fertile, forested coastal area with a milder climate, they look different. Thats why lebanese people are lighter featured then say people from the syrian desert

WE

fuck off Nordicist Babby. You're in the same league as Africans who claim Egyptians were Black.

Its the same as "Jesus was white" mentality. Rome has been built up as the father of western civilization so you have the misconception that Rome=Modern day Germanic. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of history knows that Rome was a Mediterranean civilization and that the western empire was quite literally the shittiest part with the East and North Africa being more important to the Empire than France or Britian

>Its the same as "Jesus was white" mentality

i bullied a kid who looked like that in school

Whiteness can, without being an SJW, be a social term. Pale Christians and possibly Jews are white, everyone else aren't.

Jesus was white though and so is the Mediterranean and north africa

It is a social term.

White is the most constructed race there ever due to the propensity of those cunts to include/exclude people from being white based on the political climate.
>Spaniards are not white.
>Italians r not wyt.
>Russians? Le asiatic slav.

Sorry, only Christians, European Pagans and Jews are allowed to use that term to describe themselves.
Muslims and Semitic Pagans need not apply.

but that only happens on Veeky Forums

>Sorry, only Christians
I guess those millions of christians in africa and spicland are white too then

Also
>jews
>white

So explain the difference between the nordic and mediterranean phenotype other then pigmentation? Long/large nose, long face, long skull

You got to be pale too, but I guess you haven't read the rest of this thread.

Are chinks white then?

Chinks aren't white, they are yellow.

A lot of chinks are pale

They are too culturally distinct tho, to separated from Europe.
Don't stop some /pol/acks from trying to call the Japanese white tho.

People from Ireland to the Punjab, via Bavaria, Belgrade, Damascus and Cairo, are Caucasoid. It is nigh on impossible to tell whether a statue is intended as a specific shade thereof, as opposed to another.

>People on this board ACTUALLY don't comprehend Rome being a nationality

Where did this meme that only Germanics can be white come from? There's plenty of light skinned people even in the middle east, let alone Italy.

The concept of whiteness is so American is hurts. Europe is as ethnically diverse as Asia, Africa, and pre-Columbian America but WASPs insist on lumping everybody with somewhat-fair skin as being "white" because they don't have their own culture so they want to leach off the achievements of other Euros.

WE WUZ ROMNZ AND EMPIARS AN' SHIT

>Let's find the whitest Syrians we can and say that is normal, instead of looking at the news and seeing they are brown/olive.
>Let's pretend modern day Jews haven't had white genes raped/fucked in to them over two thousand years, and think Jesus looked like them.

Why bother even looking at ancient artworks of the people there? Why bother using logic when confirmation bias is much, much easier and much, much more conveniant?

Mate, can't you tell when women are using makeup?

Nobody actually thinks Christ was white

Those are mizrahi jews from iraq, not european. Muslim sources describe jews as white. Brown syrians are descended from arabians and other desert people

Ive seen plenty of white syrians in the news too. There are also blond Mummies of syriac people

What? She's Caucasoid, is she not?
I never said she was white.
Blue eyes do not a honkey make.

>Blue eyes do not a honkey make.

you even misspelled honky.

9/10 good job.

Yes this. the Races as we know them now were an american invention a way for the colonies and later america to guarantee a lower class so the masses would always side with them.

Apologies. I'm an Eternal, and 'honky' is more of an American insult
That's the last time I try to be cool on the internet

There hasn't been any genetic studies on Ancient Romans

Stop moving the goal post, you nigger.

Kill yourself, nigger

Because they're Untermensch.

People will believe anything so long as they want to believe it.

It's entirely possible that, despite large attempts at segregating their culture during the particular period, when the Greeks were a part of the Ottoman Empire, the other races could have bred ,them, diluting the gene pool.

Although the animosity within the empire between the Catholic Greeks and the Muslim nation-members makes this unlikely. Possible but unlikely

my point is that mediterraneans are plainly the same phenotype as nordics apart from pigmentation and height and minor differences in facial features. Its not we wuz shit because the Nordic phenotype originates from Mediterraneans migrating to northern europe and not the other way around. And this all took place in prehistoric times.

>lack of education
Next!

Don't they have different haplotypes?

cause they're fucking stupid

Haplogroup I (Nordic) and Haplogroup J (Mediterrean) both split off from Haplogroup IJ

>le snarky answer my own question because ive already made up my mind but still phrase my passive aggressive statement as a question face

Simply eric my black haired man

Haplogroup l is Not nordic, Balkan people and Sardinians have it too

yes, Haplogroup I is mediterranean and nordic. Racists in this thread have trouble with the fact that Nordic and Mediterranean people are closely related races

So we can all agree that Persia, India and Japan were ruled by nordic Hyperborean supermen right?

I want to protect that denka

What is this gay shit

That's Arslan, a Parsian prince

Arslan? Is this Narnia?

Arslan is not Aslan

Google says Arslan/Aslan/Arsalan are all turkish for lion

WE WUZ ROMANZZ

I don't get the bad replies to this, it is true that the Nordid type is considered a robust form of the so called generic proto-mediterranean/capelloid forms that reached Europe in the neolithic i.e long faced and long+narrow skulled types as opposed to the more brachicephalic square faced types found in paleolithic Europe.

its literally one guy, he's singlehandedly responsible for the anti-german meme on Veeky Forums and all the anti-nordic posts. He's most likely french

He is so obsessed that he had to post all of these replies in the same thread, to the same post, saying the same thing over and over again

so they can feel proud of their """"ancestors"""", which is helpful when you need to cobble together an identity for some reason.

It's obvious you've never been to the middle east or you would know how many indigenous white people live there.

This.

It's another toxic american cultural category. In Europe nobody thinks in terms of 'white', but in terms of nationality. Muricans have no nationality so they have created this white category, plus don't even see other people, specially blacks, as human beings, but as literal untermenschen. Murican racism ideology is truly racial.

>Its not we wuz shit because the Nordic phenotype originates from Mediterraneans migrating to northern europe and not the other way around.

No. Unless by 'northern europe' you mean fucking Bavaria.

>Just because the genetics of Ancient Greeks and Modern Greeks, are the same, doesn't mean the phenotype has remained the same in all segments of the population
>Even without foreign influence, phenotype can change frequencies over generations.
If the phenotype has changed this means a change in the genepool. If, for example, the alleles for higher intelligence are wiped out and the alleles for microcephaly spread widely in a population, and this leads to the population being full of retards, there has been a genetic change accompanying a phenotype change. Genetic change, 99% of the time, is just the change in allele frequencies.
The only way the phenotype of a population can change significantly without genetic change would be for a great change in environment to affect gene expression. Nutrition is the most common factor.

>you can have a gene pool thats small and introverted, which has the same haplogroup as the surrounding population, but who's phenotype is different and unique
It's not just the phenotype that's different, it's their entire genotype besides the haplogroup.
>Recessive genes end up being more expressed
Because recessive [alleles] are more prevalent.

>People can also have the same haplogroups but because some of them evolved in a desert, and others in a more fertile, forested coastal area with a milder climate, they look different.
Obviously. They evolved differently, so they're not genetically the same.
Haplogroups are primarily a curiosity used to trace ancestry, not the apex of genetics.

>it's their entire genotype besides the haplogroup.
Also note that you can have the same haploGROUP while having a different haploTYPE. An haplogroup is a set of similar haplotypes sharing a common ancestry (with one founder haplotype being the model from which others are derived), and it can be broken down into subclades (smaller haplogroups.)
There can be a great number of haplotypes in a haplogroup, R1b for examples has dozens of significant, widespread variations with several mutations in the lineage, and you could associate various Jewish lineages with specific variations of J2.