Are the Turks Severely Underrated?

Just "who" are the Turks, where did they come from, and why do they seem to have such a wide-ranging military history?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_Turkic_peoples_(500–1300)

Those are turkic people, not turks.

I'm well aware.

As one myself living in the West, I'm very knowledgeable about the early Turks.

The two main types of Turks originate from Mongolia or from Russia. The difference is skin tone and eye colour.

They started living in the East of Turkey as a small group, then they grew enough to be the size of a small city. Then they rose up up to have conquered main parts of the East. They went by the name of the Seljuks.

After this was the Ottoman Empire, which also started fairly small. This also rose up to be a superpower. The Ottomans were war-hungry and their mission was to expand their land. However the Ottomans lost a lot of land because of its inhabitants, not many were Turks and wanted their state back.

The reason the Ottomans wanted land is because of the first Sultan's dream, he dreamt of an empire with his name everywhere on Europe and Asia.

The reason to their military success was that all citizens had to have some military training, this law is somewhat still here in Turkey. They were also the first to have War Rythms during a war, and they had a different style. They were skilled with the horses like the Mongolians and we're keen sharpshooters. Nor did they use a regular sword, but a special one that curves at the end. Their health care was superior at the time, so they had no problem while the West was bathing in Urine to get the disease away.

In my opinion Turkey sucked when Atatürk came to power, he oppressed the religious, banned the Quran, basically what Trump would do if he were Turkey's representative. And right now Erdoğan is trying to claim overwhelming power which he shouldn't have, it's still a democracy.
I think you know how big the Ottoman empire was, so this is the Seljuk empire

Turkic groups tend to be agglomorations of various tribal entities of various Central Asian ethnic groups cobbled together -willingly or not- into one big roving family.

Seljuks came from the area that is now Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan
They were an off-shoot of the local Persianized Oghuz turkmen, they're pretty far removed from the original turkic peoples and Ottomans were turks in name and language only, they were genetically more Anatolian greek and Persian that turkic

Original turks are from the Altai mountains and were pretty asiatic

As several turkick khanates subsequently conquered the pontic steppe and fought and mixed with the native populations surrounding them, they became pretty multiethnic

Cumans for example were described as blonde

Aah fuck off ataturk saved us from foreign occupation and brought us into the 20th century like the last few sultans were trying to do.
Also he didn't ban qurans he was only trying to seperate church and state and distance turkey from arab culture.
There is a reason that he is the national hero.

National hero? 10 million TL is lost because only of his cemetery. That's the guards standing doing Shit. He banned religion, wasn't Turkish and received help from the UK

(you)

>There are erdogan shills on my Veeky Forums

Do you have some source for him getting help from the UK?
Also why would he get the straights back from the UK if he was just working for them?
Why wouldn't the UK want to directly control that area.
And fuck off we turks are a mix of the whole of anatolia and the balkan so if you're going to nitpick like a faggot nobody would be a turk.
We live in 2016 for god's sake nobody is purely one ethnicity in this age.
Also 10 million TL is nothing compared to whats being missed because of erdogans corruption.
Finally if you're going to think about every small government expense we shoukd basically drop every cultural aspect of turkish culture for example we could ban religion like you said that ataturk did that way we could spare so many expenses from the wages of imams to different things.
But there are more important things than money unless you want to live in totally utilitarian society.

AMINA KODUMUN ÇOMARLARI SİKTİRİN GİDİN GÖTÜNÜ SİKTİRİN 10 YAŞINDA CEMAATÇİLERİN TACİZİNE UĞRAMIŞSINIZ GELMİŞ BURAYA BİLE BOK BULAŞTIRIYORSUNUZ

Sanane oğlum, sana birşey sorduk mu?

Best Roman Emperor

BEN BURADA SENİN ÇORAP KOKUNU ALMAK İSTESEM ENSONHABER'E FALAN GİDERİM, SİKTİR GİT SAMANYOLU KAPATILDI DİYE AĞLA ULAN

How similar is the Turkish spoken in Turkey to the Turkish spoken in Central Asia? And how much has Greek influenced and changed the Turkish spoken in Anatolia? Has there been a heavy influence in new vocabulary and etc, or has Turkish been mostly kept 'pure'?

I agree he was the best balanced sultan.

Haydaa samanyolu kapatildı mı?
Seyretmemde yinede bana komik geldi :D

It really depends on which type of central asian turkish because even there there are many different languages which sometimes can give trouble.

Anatolian Turkish is kind of mixed with Arabic and Persian in terms of shared words etc but grammar stays same. Villagers were speaking more purely I can say- search Gagauzia if you are interested in what Anatolian Turkish was spoken by villagers/Turkmens

I can understand Kazakh, Azeri and sometimes Kyrgyz if they speak slowly

DE AYRI ULAN DE AYRI CIK GIT BU TAHTADAN CIK GIIITTTT AKIKIKIKIKI AAAA KIKIKIKII

Azeri is almost the same as anatolian turkish tbqh also there are also many frenh loanwords in turkish.

Kusura bakma adolf abi.

Atatürk purified the language, removing the majority of Persian and Arabic influence and reintroducing Turkic words, so the languages are quite similar.

Average family of real turks

Genetics aren't important culture and ideology are.

>implying

>Turkish spoken in Central Asia
Central Asian turkics peope don't speak turkish, they speak their own languages: Tatar, Kazakh, Uzbek and so on

Grammar and morphology are obviously gonna be very similar, they are all agglunative and all have vowel harmony (all lettters are divided into several groups: say hard and soft and each word can only contain only hard letters or only soft letters).

Vocabularies are vastly different, and that is why speakers of various turkic languages generally can't understand each other unless their nations have been living near each other for several centuries so that their vocabularies got normalised.

I saw it in another thread someone refered to the Turks as.. a transexual culture, a thief, a bandit. Alot of their culture is not their own. Their food is not their own, stolen from Serbians, so is some of the clothing, religion and Arabic stolen from the arabs and so forth. I can't really recite the whole thing but I reckon he got a point.

>In my opinion Turkey sucked when Atatürk came to power, he oppressed the religious, banned the Quran, basically what Trump would do if he were Turkey's representative.

Sounds wonderful to me.

Its with all cultures.
One culture started certain things the rest 'stole' it like you said.

As if Balkanlars themselves weren't Thieves and Bandits.

>How similar is the Turkish spoken in Turkey to the Turkish spoken in Central Asia?

They don't speak Turkish in Central Asia, they speak other Turkic languages. Azeri is mostly the same, while Turkmen is pretty similar. Others are more and more distant.

>And how much has Greek influenced and changed the Turkish spoken in Anatolia?

Not much at all. There aren't many Greek words in Turkish.

>Has there been a heavy influence in new vocabulary and etc, or has Turkish been mostly kept 'pure'?

Turkish derives heavily from Arabic and French, and Persian too.

>> he oppressed the religious, banned the Quran
Those are good things, you dumbfuck.

He didn't ban Quran, he pushed to translate it to Turkish so that his people can read and understand it.

>there are only oghuz turks are turks

>Turks
>Turkic

This research was done by TDK, they piled up every turkish word they could find and look where they came from.

we wuz tocharianz

Crimean tatar turkish is very close to anatolian turkish and gagauz turkish is literally the same with anatolian turkish.

why are you posting pictures of english people in this thread?

Is there a similar chart for Greek or any other languages?

Here's one for English.

>There are commies on my Veeky Forums

Huh, wonder how many Greek words entered into English via Latin (or did they account for those?)