/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #17 - Glorious Drawfaggotry Edition

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

BotW Known Item Stats:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r6bbN74Bvbsm7nQ9TYDPhtM-DBXMADweKqKYTuaFG_I/edit?usp=sharing

>More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/home
pastebin.com/aDhkvC1E
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I WANT TO FUCK FI

/r/ing a picture of Link with a dick drawn in his hood so that color-blind people can't see it.

7th July 2016 – Following last week’s announcements of some of the activities which visitors to this year’s HYPER JAPAN Festival 2016 can look forward to, Nintendo UK today announces that The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will be shown live for the first time in the UK, with daily on-stage demos hosted by Nintendo UK. Visitors can also expect live gameplay sessions of Capcom®’s Monster Hunter Generations™, DRAGON QUEST VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and more – all taking place at HYPER JAPAN Festival 2016 between 15th and 17th July at the Olympia, London.

Nintendo’s booth at HYPER JAPAN Festival 2016 is set to offer a full line-up of on-stage activities for attendees to watch, and a packed roster of gameplay opportunities to experience throughout the three-day event. Those unable to attend will also get the opportunity to feel part of the action, as Nintendo UK will livestream a selection of on-stage content for viewers to watch at home via the Nintendo UK Twitch Channel on Saturday 16th July between 10.00 and 15.00.

Showcased for the first time at the E3 Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles last month, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild represents the next great boundary-breaking adventure from Nintendo. The game marks a new pinnacle for the franchise, and thanks to a daily live demonstration of the Wii U version of the game that was shown at the E3 video game conference, UK fans heading to HYPER JAPAN will be able to get a first live glimpse of this massive open-air adventure. Nintendo representatives will take to the stage once per day during the show to take visitors on an immersive journey filled with unprecedented freedom of adventure

I'm gonna beat both of your asses

Too. Soon. And your opening pic sucks. Someone make another one at the appropriate time. We're getting less and less posters because OP is bad opener. Use the image of the ooga-booga Breath of the Wild cover.

The third dungeon map is a swastika.
Nice.

Swastikas are only bad in the West.

The last thread just had 20-30 more posters than usual...

Hope you're all having a good day.

Well it's a Manji which is where the Swastika came from. Nazis basically just stole concepts and things from everybody and claimed it as their own.

I love the design of the fighter's sword, between the big diamond style blade and that cool hilt and crosstree, it's just a nice, simple sword

What camera do you use to capture her so well like that?

We were on page 8 retard
And his OP is fine

I bet you're the OP

My minds eye and photoshop.

It's a pretty good sword, nothing will beat the Razor's Sword in MM though. Shame it's pretty useless though.

No he's not, I am. And OP pics having and more or less affect on poster number is a myth.

What are your plans for today, /lozg/?

>Link will never be lusted after by a cute bokoblin girl.

Eat then boot up HW and get everyone's hearts to max + 255

doggo is best waifu

This

Try to finish up Zelda 1.

Eating, replaying MM3D, Orange is the new Black, tweaking my Warhammer 40K Conquest Deck, flicking through the Historia. Generally, having a comfy day off work.

Finish up ALttP sometime today and then take a break from the 2D Zeldas and move onto OoT.

This is off topic so I'll put this on spoilers. For those who have never visited /nintyg/, there is a poster you need to be aware of. Pige :3. This faggot already showed up on the last thread, and will definitely show up again. He dislikes The legend of Zelda series and will no doubt shitpost and try to ruin this general so that we can go to the dead /nintyg/. Please ignore him and be wary of any shitposts that are inflammatory.

Watch Moribito the Guardian Spirit on Netflix all day, and if it finishes sooner than I think, start up Hemlock Grove season 2 or marathon Rurouni Kenshin. Whatever I feel like doing by that point.

He appeared on an even earlier thread and we've been going fine.

I should probably do that myself. I haven't beaten any of the early games. But I'm too busy playing Pokemon Go

I already typically ignore shitposters anyways, so we're all good.

That wasn't the real pige, that was me shitposting because of the faggotry over name bickering.

I'm not sorry.

What does Veeky Forums think of the possibility that Breath of the Wild is a return to A Link Between Worlds style dungeons?

Certain area's of limits until you have a certain item isn't necessarily a return to ALBW gameplay. Most Zelda games are like that, the only difference in ALBW (and possibly BotW) is that to an extent you can decide which items you get first.

A mixed bag. I loved ALBW and the attempt at it, but dungeons were too easy because they could be done in any order.

I'd much prefer their original thought of interconnected dungeons like Super Metroid and they can be done anyway and out of order as they connected on a grand scope but some are very hard.

Which is how ALBW should have bee, Turtle Rock/Ice Palace or whatever was the only remotely annoying place solely because of the fire breathing centaurs are whatever they were and even then it was still rather easy, everywhere else was just stupid easy, especially Thieves' Hideout.

Lets talk about how strongly the pieces are coming together for Botw being events after OOT in the defeated timeline and how this Link is the defeated hero of time resurrected.

>Many strong references to OOT are present among the game's map

>Path that led to hyrule castle in OOT is there, the ruins that are there matches up

>Temple of time looks like it did in OOT

>Castle town fountain and buildings matches up with OOT

>When in the shrines in Botw the title music for OOT is heard throughout the shrine, not to mention the trailer for Botw also played OOT title screen music

>Both the calamity and Link going into a deep sleep happened at the same time. Link is also asked to remember what happened 100 years ago.

>Master Sword in the same location found in ALttp

>No other game in the Zelda series makes such a strong connection to OOT than Botw did. Only game that came close was TP due to music coming straight from MM and OOT, as well as the temple of time making a comeback.

How about not this shit again?

It's the same thing. Japan's manji is literally derived from the Indian swastika via Buddhism.

What kinds of levels do you think BotW will have? What kinds do you want?

Everytime I come into this general I will post it, not only that more and more evidence is built up to support this. It trumps any post korok WW theory and any post TP theory. The only other timeline I would believe this being in is child era, but there's not enough proof of it being the case.

Why is Zelda 1 so fun?

Because it doesn't hold your hand at any point.

Why are you a darknut?

I want the typical Fire and Water dungeons. But I want more dungeons that don't focus on one particular element or theme. Just old-school, straight up puzzles and enemies dungeons.
I get that the Shrines kinda fulfil that, but I want challenge. I want rooms of combat and rooms of intellectual struggle. I want to fight Iron Knuckles or Darknuts on a bridge while the world falls apart around me. I want to stumble across an NPC that mentions something about a heart shape rock they once spotted hundreds of miles away.
I want refined game design and passive quest discovery.
Etc.

When?

I'm expecting a time travel section, they had time travel in the last couple console Zelda games, so having it in this game is expected.

What if it isn't in any timeline?

I'm playing a randomized rom for the fun of it, and I had the option to switch Link's sprite.
You can check out the randomizer here;
sites.google.com/site/zeldarandomizer/home

I'm also recording this whole mess, but I doubt anyone would want to see that.

I hope Impa is a companion, mostly because she has time traveled just as much as the HoT and SS Link has. the chemistry would be great.
I really want Sheik as a PC as well but a spinoff a la Triforce Heroes is just as good

>I'm also recording this whole mess, but I doubt anyone would want to see that.
Then why record it?
You confuse me.

fast-paced arcade combat
challenging yet rewarding
mysterious world ripe for exploration
clean aesthetic and sound
secretive but not cryptic

I never got that feeling from the game, and that i mean since i was a kid. Not that he went and destroyed everything, he clearly made it clear that it is him whom controls everything now, but apart from Castle Town the world is pretty much the same. So there is no calamity there.

Mainly for my friends since they like this kind of stuff, but I was talking of outside of them. I always hated shilling things I made.

On topic though, is there any good romhacks for Zelda 1?

I had an idea I posted before:

Starscape Temple

>Theme/Aesthetic
Visually black and neon-blue looking. Think loosely similar to some of the vistas in Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

The Sheikah are tech savy but not enough to into space. However they can into Magitek enough to implant miniature worlds into books in their great Arcane Library (how the temple would be accessed, maybe even a tiny pre-dungeon)
A book that makes a fictional commentary on the technology of the future is on a sacred pedestal, there because it's the librarian's favorite tome or something, in the back of the Library.
The book would suck you in an Link would be transported to
a literal Temple in space orbiting the planet (a few visual quirks to indicate the fictional nature of the realm). Very "Sheikahpunk" in terms of the various tech strewn about the level.

>Item Obtained
Transposition Mask
Mask/Rune that allows you to jump positions in space but only once set conditions are met. That and/or a special/arrow type. It'd be neat to have more arrows than just fire/ice/light. Maybe Electirc and Dark + others?
Have it be Dark arrow and have it function with Gravity effects to play off of the theme of the dungeon.
Transposition Mask could be used as the song-of-soaring-equivalent in the overworld.

>Types of Puzzles
Gravity shenanigan related ones and also some of that autistic "Mask interplay" I talk about in you-know-what pastebin.com/aDhkvC1E
Maybe like Inverted Stone Tower but 90 degrees at a time.

>Boss
A recurring enemy throughout the dungeon would be the Flatwoods monster Aliens from MM and have the Boss be the Leader !Space Witch!Alien.
Why are they in space book in the first place? Dunno. Either have them invading it to get the legendary end item inside or have them be a product of the book that bled out to cause the event that transpired in MM Romani Ranch.

But you are shilling them. reverse-shilling shilling still.

>In OoT Ganondorf just stood at Hyrule Castle
I always imagined he and his armies were off conquering other lands, which is why there's no real military presence to hinder Link.

Every thread

What do I do, /lozg/? I'm actually hyped for breath of the wild. I didn't think I could feel this anymore. I haven't actually been hyped for a game in years. I need to play it but it isn't here.

>Mainly for my friends since they like this kind of stuff
Fair enough.

But I don't really play romhacks, sorry I don't know of any good ones.

I answered you here user

All the knights of hyrule were killed. The reason there's no military opposition to Link is that there is no Hyrule military anymore after Ganon takes over, Ganon relies on monsters and his magic to enforce his rule, as seen how he controls the Zora and Goron.

That's actually the point: Ganondorf doesn't want to destroy, he wants to conquer. Hyrule was under his control, and he wants to let things unfold back in Hyrule so Zelda will reveal herself, so he travels abroad.

Going off of this, we see that Ganondorf wants to -conquer- or -rule-. But he's not good at it, it's not really what his heart is capable of. He envied Hyrule, but his people were never advantaged when he took over, he never attained anything but a tyrant's throne. He couldn't take the prosperity of Castle Town, only destroy it.

And when he fails and degenerates he becomes destruction himself. Sour grapes.

Yeah. That's how i thought of it. Ganon didn't really care about the world to have such an active presence on it. He mainly uses magic, as is shown in child era. And we never see anything like a Ganon military apart from the huge ass pig pikemen in Forest Temple.

/r/ing that one user expand on his Ghost Ships/Poe Fleet Captain idea, which I really liked.

Select two party members from the bottom two rows, and one royal party member from the top row.

Is this from a game somewhere?

Anyway, qt pink PJ girl in first row, steaming kettle guy in second row, and zombie gravedigger guy in third.

Night Dude with red cape; Old man with the back basket and straw hat

The little green doll

top: black bishop
middle: smug chef
bottom: pensive pinkdress

I'll take the red cape swordsman as my warrior and the yellow/white dress wearing blonde as my spy.

As for my royal, the guy with a moustache and slicked back hair in blue with a red jewel at his throat.

It's Minish Cap official artwork.

So the controller is arriving soon.

I'm planning on emulating

Minish Cap
LA
OoA/OoS not sure in which order
LoZ
AoL

I don't even know if FS can be played alone.

>OoA/OoS
Go Seasons then Ages, since there's a spot in the map in Ages you can't explore if you didn't "transfer" your save.

Not him, but can you do that if you downloaded both on the 3DS?

Do you think you get Doggo from the start or do you have to find and tame him?
Is it going to be like Dogmeat where he can permanently die?

Are you?

They're more than a Waifu, and real enough for me.
Be nice, user.

So, what's your favourite Zelda game?

There's two knight dudes with red capes. Good call on the zombie gravedigger.

Quality choices mate. I didn't even notice her before.

I wonder what the story was behind that royal guy. A magistrate for the kingly guy perhaps?

I want a physics based dungeon, whether that involve launching yourself up to different floors/levels or rolling/sliding slopes.

I want a jungle/forest level that requires burning down vines or trees and cutting them down to cross gaps and such using the Fire Rod/Fire Arrows.

I want an ice dungeon that requires the use of Ice Arrows/Cryo thing in order to make proper blocks for slide puzzles that use physics.

I want a complete technology dungeon more so than any other dungeon in the series that requires lights, electricity, Guardians at every turn, etc.
To be fair he does attempt to do so in the Downfall Timeline.
But there is also Ages->Seasons where the linked transition happens naturally due to the Pirate Ship.

>I wonder what the story was behind that royal guy.
His clothes are quite different from the others in the top row, so I would say he travels a lot and picks up on foreign fashion trends.
Let's go with a royal envoy?

put amiibo in
get doggo
doggo dies
put amiibo in
get new doggo

sounds like that's it

Wow, this thread snuck up on me. I was wondering why I wasn't getting any thread updates.

Drawfag edition, eh? I'm not a drawfag, but I have a good idea for a shoop art that I wanna make. Will post sometime, probably next thread at this rate.

Just got into the 7th dungeon in Ages. If I feel up to it I'll finish the dungeon tonight.

Of course, since it gives you a code to transfer your game. And by transfer it's more of a NG+ than anything else.

I imagine there's some sort of cooldown if Wolf Link dies, since there's a clock ingame that'd be easy to use.

Meant the knight dude on the right, with the sword and no helmet. Also, I don't think I chose any gravedigger?

If it's Minish Cap artwork he's one of the people from the Wind Tribe.

Ah, I see. Is it very different from the regular game? Like, TPHD mirrored map, "I ain't playing that because I already had to play right-handed Link the first time" different?

>If it's Minish Cap artwork he's one of the people from the Wind Tribe.
How can you tell?
I haven't played Minish Cap in a long time.

24 irl hours.
fuuck that.

I dunno, just remembered them wearing middle-eastern looking garb. I may have been mistaken, though.

Yeah that sounds right. I thought I remembered hearing in a stream that but didn't have a source.

I wonder if that's for Wolf Link in general, or if it's tied to an individual amiibo?

>Is it going to be like Dogmeat where he can permanently die
>like Dogmeat where he can permanently die
>Dogmeat
>permanently die
Oh, user...

i dunno, we'll have to wait and see
i'm hoping for not much, i want my doggo

Ah well. I didn't think it looked particularly middle eastern, for what it's worth. That being said, I know little to nothing about clothing in general let alone global fashion trends.

No. Instead it gives you a little bonus in the new game, I think you begin with 4 hearts, a new ring and something else. You also gain the ability to take codes characters give you in the old game and take them to that girl in the tree. You can eventually get the Master Sword, bombchus, your old rings back, the biggoron sword and such.

Wait, it might have been confusing. It's a new game plus in the game you didn't played. Say you started in Ages, then you can transfer in Seasons and play that game normally with some bonus added to it. Same is true for Seasons > Ages.

That's pretty cool.

Just tried to find him on the character list on the wiki and couldn't. Unless I missed him, my best guess is that he's an early design for the wind tribe.

You know looking at this makes me want Link to wear his sword at his hip for once.

This is why you build him to 20 hearts before you play.

It's probably best to only deploy the dog in certain situation anyhow. The critter ain't gonna have any sense of stealth.

I wanted that too for a while, but when I looked at the fanart where he wears the sword on his back and loads his belt with pouches, the over shoulder sheath seemed to make more sense.

My favourite version however, is when he carries the sword, in it's sheath, in his hand.