Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Who /fakeasse-thug/ here?

Happy hacking, pupper.

Luma3DS and al9h set up, how do I make my trusty Supercard DS ONE work? I get an error when I boot it but I thought Luma was supposed to patch that out already or something. I found "TWL Slot-1 Launcher" on GBATemp, do I need that? Sorry if it's a dumb question.

yeah. just install the CIA and boot it

a9lh is shit

SHIT

Thank you.

Is the PS3 still not hacked properly? Last I checked years ago, you had to have an ancient FW for it to work. My old fat broke and I just sent it in for the replacement service and I was wondering if I can get CFW on it.

so if I'm on 10.7, do I just ignore the parts of philect's guide that mention menuhax?

Titlekeys Updater hotfix since the old build installed on top of ORGANIZ3D if you had that installed.
This'll reinstall as a new Application so you gotta remove the old Updater

What's this for? Freeshop?

I bet most of the people here talking shit don't even have it installed, and have no idea what they're doing, they're just edgy kids who want to insult everyone

I followed everything in this fucking guide perfectly, but nope Validation failed! Validation failed!

And the damn troubleshoot just says "restore and try again" even though that doesn't work. Googled and found a ton of people having this problem

So fuck you edgy piece of shit brats. Enjoy your shitty lives I'm gonna enjoy Luma because this is a piece of shit, you all are pieces of shit, and the maker of the guide and a9lh is a piece of shit

May the rest of your lives stay miserable and lonely. die

Ive been on "Trying to reboot..." (step 2, plaisysupdater for while now. Should I shut down? If I shut down and turn on can I continue to step >"19. When you have booted, change your theme to anything else, then change it back to remove the old menuhax version"?

Playing planet Robotbot
is Hammer still the most OP power for the arenas?

Works on my machine

yeah, it's the encTitleKeys.bin Updater that keeps Freeshop's encTitleKeys up to date with 3ds.titlekeys.com

the guide says use the game for part 1 and once you downgrade you don't need the game anymore
yeah but if you get a black screen you have to boot without the sd card

CIAngel manages to just have that functionality built in.

t. Fake ass e-thug.

>Thanks for the 11.4 CTR SDK leak in the last thread

Right, I'm seeing that now. And that makes sense with everything. Thanks.

have same problem, guess I'll see what happens.

i got a black screen, rebooted without sd card and put sd card back in, now am I said to move to 19? also, do I have to go through the browser to launch homebrew and reinstall menuhax, or can i reboot again and hold doen straight into homebrew?

Keep getting VALIDATION STAGE 1 FAILED

what the fuck! Why does everything keep going wrong with this fucking a9lh bullshit?!?!?!

and the only fix in the guide is "lol try again"

FUCK man. Gonna go back to Luma fuck this

What is this? Is this what Nintendo gives game developers to make official 3DS games? Or is it a community thing?

not asking for a link but someone told me you could get the new FE game in JP with an english patch?

after you put the sd card back in after booting you can change the theme and do browserhax to get menuhax and continue from there

enjoy your included RAT

>Stuck yesterday on Hax Init while using smashbrohax
>Trade my majora's mask for OoT3D
>Get the save installed and open up homebrew menu
>Still get stuck on hax init
BUT WHY

keep trying usually 2 or 3 hax inits is normal, with oot you won't get 100 hax inits like with smashhax

How long should I let it sit on HAX INIT...
Or is it like instant

you don't let it sit you just retry

OH FUCK YOU WEREN'T LYING

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

>21. Check the system settings, you should be on 9.2.0

I'm on ver. 9.1.0-20J on a japanese n3ds, why am I not on 9.2?

Fuck off ugly piece of shit

You're an idiot. Please die you fake ass e-thug

The other guy here, I ended up having the same "trying to reboot" situation. I restarted and everything came up fine, but then I tried loading ninjhax again and it failed, crashed to home menu then home menu crashed and demanded restart. I figure that's just because ninjhax still has a 10.7 save on it and now I'm on 9.2. So now I'll go back, set up browserhax or whatever it is, and keep going. Correct?

How do you install things into sysnand with rxtools? I wanna play some gba games but apparently I have to install them to sysnand and I have no idea how to do that.

When I hold L to start rxtools nothing happens, apparently you're able to start it in sysnand but I have no idea how to.

used wrong firmware files i guess, 9.0-9.2 is all the same so you're fine just continue
yes you use browserhax instead of the game now

>fake ass e-thug
Ugh.. Please. Can we not?

Yeah. But some people use freeshop and like an easy method to update their file

found Freakyforms Deluxe for 25€ on amazon
is it a good choice for downgrading my 2DS which is on 10.6 or should I consider something different?

JP had 9.1 instead of 9.2. It's literally the same shit though.

good choice

>Ugh..

chastise yourself

it's not the same as the ryan leak. this one is fine

yes@nintendo

Tried to use the irc client and apparently I'm blocked from it. It just says cannot send message

wtf

At what point can I start pirating games? Or do I need to go all the way through to the end of step 5? I mainly want to a. play my NA games on my jap 3ds and b. play SMT IV final early

>10.6
you could just use browserhax

ebin maymay

wow shit, browserhax doesn't work with 10.6?

>been gone for like 2 weeks
>literally nothing new or interesting has happened

will EUR games work fine in Loadiine with a US Wii U console?

loadiine is region free

OK, just asking so I can download Tokyo Mirage Sessions on google drive and the patch on Megaupload at the same time

You can pirate after you set up EmuNand and CFW, so Part 3.

It's because we achieved everything important on 3ds (except for ds roms on cfw), and barely anyone gives a shit about the other consoles

@SDK leaker

Gib PDFs. Or at least take pictures of all the pages and upload those. If there's watermarks, they're probably not visible. There's tools to extract pages as images.

oh also, is there something that lets me change the language from japanese to english on a jap n3ds, i dont want to change region necessarily, it would be nice to have the menu in english though

you have to do steps from part 4 so you can install games, part 5 is short so you can just go for it and get it over with

Do part 3 and stop right there. No need to do the rest of the bullshit once you have emunand.

also @SDK leaker, do you have NintendoWare for CTR(NW4C)? There's a shitty partial leak out there with just some of the tools, but I need the whole thing.

Is 1,933,312 kb, normal for a sysnand.bin backup? it doesnt match any of the ones on the page

I just got a new o3ds for $140. It came with 6.1 so I updated it to 9.2 and installed a9lh and luma. I don't want it anymore.

how much can I sell it for? $160? It has a $20 64gb sd card.

$140-150 or less since it's an o3ds

Is there a retards guide for this?

if it's bigger, it's alright

or should I make a second one anyway and keep it also?

yeah but it's 2 days old and I don't want to lose money

I'm going to ask for $160+shipping

Start with "How to Read"
Apply the lessons learned there to the OP.

doesn't get any more simpler than the wiki guide in the OP, there was a "retard guide" but it's really outdated and uses the first build of the downgrader and rxtools which is awful

bigger than samsung but smaller than toshiba

MHG LEAK WHEN??

just gotta get lucky with ripping someone off then

>inb4 50 dollar shipping when its 3.50

on the 15th

It baffles me that grown men watch this.

already have emunand, want to switch to a9lh, what step in the phailect guide do i start with?

my sysnand backup came to 1.26gb, is that too large or is it close enough to the 1.21gb expected from N3DS models?

I've been having trouble autobooting Luma from my o3ds lately. It used to only take one try, but now it goes to red screen and back to Sysnand. Anyone know a remedy?

Restore your nand, update it, then try again

if I already downloaded and merged emunand9 to 3ds in part 2 i dont need to do it again in part 3 right? why would they say to do it again if you dont need to

>A valid NAND backup should be one of the following sizes in most situations.

Occasionally, you will get a backup with a different size than one of these listed. It is fine for a backup to be larger than expected, just ensure that it is never smaller than the sizes listed.

Here's your spoon baby boy

idk maybe some people are already downgraded and don't follow part 2

thank you sir, please fuck me and my shit reading comprehension until bleeding occurs

Because people are idiots.

Also some people start at part 3. Just follow the guide exactly and youll be fine

thanks senpai

I know I can get a lot more if I sell it on ebay. the problem is that people on ebay are willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a hacked 3ds because they are too retarded to hack it themselves. I don't trust them, they might brick it and ask for a refund or some shit.

There's one friend who wants a hacked 3ds and he's willing to pay $200 but I think that's way too much. I think $160+shipping is a fair price for a friend. Money isn't an issue for either of us, I just don't want to lose money. He's a truck driver and he wants to take it to work but it's a pink 3ds, I hope he doesn't mind.

It's more like $7.50.

>looking on 3dsiso for games to download
>see metal gear solid 3d
what
is it worth playing?

play on n3ds with it's clock speed for the best way of playing it, it doesn't increase the fps since it's locked but there are a lot less frame drops plus the c stick and buttons help

I'm on part 3 of Plailcuck's guide and Luma just keeps black screening, what do familias?

Is there any advantage to changing 3DS regions?

troubleshooting part

this, funny thing is that it used to be way better but for some reason they were forced to scrap everything and start over.

the menus are in a language you can understand

you can access whatever region you switched too eshop