Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/264710/
Wiki: subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Subnautica_Wiki

Other urls found in this thread:

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Communications_Relay
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Crabsquids are spooky

DOOK DOOK

CLICKITY CLACKITY

I got popped out of my base deconstructing a window, and I decided to take a little walk.

I had a very fun time hopping through the giant mushroom trees, but now I am very far from my home and I am lost. The way behind me is unscalable. The only way now is forward. And down.

I am now very far from my home, and I'm afraid I'm lost...

How soon until we get some kind of way to plant stuff naturally? Like on the ocean floor instead of in planters?

Crabsquid eggs and aquarium pet naming when?

I want a tank full of Crabsquids named Duke.

CLICKITY CLAKITY I'M COMING FOR THAT DIVER

>those sounds
>can make EMP bursts

When are we going to get some actual Kaiju in this game?

I am far from home, and I am alone in the dark deep.
There is a terrible sound, like the rumbling belch of a giant or the grinding of a great bone machine, it rumbles beneath my feet and makes me uneasy.

Is there a way to kill anything? Something I can build?

Knife them.
A lot.

r8

Yellow submarine, eh?

Why is this even down here?

Only a real nobody would give their submarine a name like that.

Nothing, at the moment. The current story stops at 1700 meters with the Sea Emperor's Prison.

I have run out of food, running low on batteries. I am tired and frightened.
I am too far from my home.

Dont despair, for it will all be over soon.

When is the actual storyline being implemented? Will we all have to start completely new games to fully experience it?

>Will we all have to start completely new games to fully experience it?

Almost certainly. I imagine full release will break whatever saves people have.

They're adding bits and pieces right now, the major implementation won't be until near release time. and yes, because all of the major updates breaks saves, especially when they remove terraforming in the future.

Shieeet, well I guess it won't be so bad since I'll be able to see what the models for all those fragments look like and such when it gets to 1.0.

Honestly, I kind of hope the story is all implemented at once on release so it can all stay a surprise. Tweaking the story's balance and gameplay can come post-release, but you can only experience a narrative for the first time once.

>remove terraforming

Welp

Me too, I want the whle thing to be a surprise, but what we do know is spook-tacular in and of itself.

dont build a base on either of the islands, that's what they're expecting

The closer you are to your lifepod you are the easier you are to find if the ayys are hunting you. Starting on day 15, active ayy scouts start actively looking for you. If you're still set up in the shallows you're fucked. If you're deeper or in reaper territory they'll be less likely to find you and attack your base

but what if the Reapers are some of their genetically-mutated search and attack beasts that are attracted to areas with high radioactivity and magnetism, which is why they're around the Mountains and the Aurora?

Reapers can become docile guard dogs through the use of electro-shock training from your seamoth perimeter defense. This allows you to set up in these regions in relative safety

You can't fool me, Reaper, don't make me call the Sea Dragon to pimp-slap you across the map

nyeh heh heh

Oh god

wait wat

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

What the FUCK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ALT F4 SAVE YOUR SOUL

it's the PC model they use to scale the rest of the models to

Yeah but still seeing that is still pretty scary in that situation

Hello? Can you hear me?

oh hey there's a sub general
>38 posts in two hours
oh

Big... update... soon....

Any............................Day......................Now..................................

This is the fifth thread this week, like all generals it has its busy times and slow times.

Wait untill you visit the Sea Emperor's Prison and find the holding cells in the floor.

My last battery died trying to get to him.
I think he's comatose... I don't blame him.

I think I'll just die here. At least I won't be alone.

>Warper SFX

NOPE NOPE NOPE, DON'T EVEN, WON'T EVEN. CAN'T STASIS, NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Is there any way to rotate ladders that go into vertical pipes?

It's fucking retarded that the default ladder leading out of a three way connector blocks off one of the corridors.

They can teleport anything, including the Cyclops and the three Leviathans

Where are you getting this information?

So mad I forgot my pic.

Fuck this is dumb.

I see you've found the diver as well.

It's just a theory

A GAAAAAAAAME THEORY

You've gotta be able to get up the ladder somehow.

Oh ok.

I dont think so, send them feed back in the game. You should be able to get around it to be honest, but still it's super annoying.

Some of it is in the game. You get communiques on the comm panel from other lifepods, then some weird alien speech, then someone talking about hunting and capturing/killing the survivors, with only you unaccounted for.

How do I fix this shit?

bump

Invoke the aid of Vishnu.

I've never had so much fun for a long time now
Played straight for 6 hours, non stop. Survival
Didnt even notice the time..
I really hope that this game will live on and dont get abandoned.
Im looking for major bug fixes, flora and fauna variety + Ai variety, bigger map, storyline, ui improvement, for now..
Many thanks to dev team
Also nice soundtrack and sound effects, art style

Thinking about building my new base in the grand reef, think it'll make a good home?

They're working on all of that, and big plans for after release.

It's a cozy spot, but you'll be moving onward after a while to deeper and richer places.

Yeah I've kind of changed my mind, I just can't seem to find any locations that really stick out to me, I'm kind of considering maybe building in or near the jelly shroom caves.

Any ways to improve pop-in issues?

Wait for the removal of terraforming and the optimization pass.

get a better pc or wait for the patch that removes terraforming

It's cool but it can feel kind of lonely.

Maybe I'm just retarded, but how do I use the current generator? I can't even seem to equip it.

You just release it into the water and it blows water in the direction you were facing. Honestly I have no idea what good the damn thing is.

you can swim fast in one direction
exciting

I didn't see anything on the wiki in the data downloads like that. Link?

subnautica.wikia.com/wiki/Communications_Relay

Oh yeah, I remember reading those a while back but never thought much about it. Spooky.

Fucking devs why do they do this to me I just want to play

t-thanks sunbeam...

>you have to build a base 300m deep or else aliens will start hunting you and attack your base
>build communication relay and get constant messages that help has arrived and to come to the surface

"Come to the big ship. I am friend savior of you. I enjoy the things men enjoy, sport TV sports. Hello neighbor good friend, perhaps we could watch some shows on television then afterward stalk some suvivors. We can amuse ourselves by destroying Seamoths and eating the humans within."

>can't build a base in the shallows
>going to need to rush the fuck out of a cyclops to be permanently on the move

I can see now why it's balanced to be a mobile base rather than just a big transport vehicle. I'm guessing once the precursors get aggressive, not even being deep as fuck will protect you forever.

It sounds terrifying but also rad as hell. Though a 15 day limit seems a bit tight for new players.

I find it very, very wrong that I have more gold in my lockers than I have silver, a whole lot more gold than I know what to do with. I find it absolutely abhorrent that fucking quartz is consumed so quickly and always feels like its less common than it needs to be; its used in so many electronic items but is available in only the same amounts as rare shit in the deeps.

Someone mod in some gold plated base parts so I have something to spend all this gold on.

Nope.nope.nope.nope.nope

>aliens arrive
>get faceful of stasis ball
>get scanned
>some get pushed into a hole dug into the sand, then sealed over with a foundation
>some get rammed by Seamoth and Cyclops until all are dead
Don't screw with humans, boyo.

It might be a bit of a turn off for new players who don't want to just stick to freedom.
Maybe once you build a seamoth you get 10 days to move somewhere deep and dark.

>park near the island south of the aurora after 15 days
>theres a chance something will steal your seamoth and drag it down too deep to retrieve

>precursors unaffected by stasis rifle
>reflect repulsion beams

>build a small base in the shallows early just to stabilize
>if you destroy it, it takes longer for them to track you down because they think you might've just died on your own
>if you leave it there they get a lead on you

This would be neat

>after about 5 minutes of dicking around with his seaglide, diver Mohawk Man builds another Seamoth
Yeah I don't think it'll hurt that much.

>force your base to flood
>you have to leave a communication relay, a health station and a fabricator in the base in order for them to think you died.
It would be a cool thing.

>deep sea alien log 4961: We now have an entire army of seamoths, human still parks at island. Please advise.

>Science Team advises combining the Seamoths into one giant super-Seamoth for an attack on the human. I believe Science Team has vapor for brains.

>Klee'ax Vral thinks that the super-Seamoth is a bad idea
Clearly the Logistics team has no idea HOW to hunt for humans, hence why this one continues to evade them.
If Science team had more say in this matter, we wouldn't be having this problem.

Science Team also suggested taming Crabsquids. I've already lost three troops to the miserable wretches.

Science team is zoomers

I'll be honest. The whole "captured prisoners underwater" and "freeing the sea emperor" part of this story is very bad.
It's child-like in the ways that it's creative without direction and not very fitting of the rest of the game. I'm really hoping they reconsider it, just do what all the great scifi writers do when they don't have a very good story: copy Dune.

>build base full of tubes
>ayys get distracted, giving you time to escape

Three UNWORTHY troops, clearly.

How dare you! Take that back!

>copy Dune.

We're going get covered in airsacks and mutate into some kind of fish-man emperor of the sea?

How is it childish and "not fitting to the rest of the game"?

>copy Dune

So Subnautica should be about three houses from different planets trying to gain control of the spice? We're Paul Atreides swimming around screaming "THE SLEEPER HAS AWAKENED!" and riding Reaper Leviathans against House Harkonnen's base?

MAKE SCIENCE!

>So Subnautica should be about three houses from different planets trying to gain control of the spice?

Be smart instead of stupid, friend. Dune is the LoTR of scifi in that it's the most "inspiring" work that "inspires" artists to slather their story with hijacked bits of it.

And none of it applies to the story that the devs have made. Now explain how and why what they made is childish and "doesn't fit the rest of the game".

I'm on top of the world lookin' down on creation

>you're the player
>hear that last message on the communication relay about the Sunbeam
>461 days? Well shit.
>get to work building up base/fleet etc
>avoid alien hunters, crush them even
>time passes
>the big day approaches
>wait for what seems like forever, staring at the sky with the comms relay at hand
>radio crackles suddenly into life as something tumbles into motion on the horizon
>that's no trade vessel....
>small human fighter ship tumbles towards ocean
>it's on fire
>broadcasting mayday signal
>rush to crash site in submarine
>arrive just in time to keep it from sinking with the survivors inside
>save the crew's lives
>explain that they're from the Sunbeam
>reached the nearest starbase only to find the truth about the Aurora's destruction
>the aliens that have been hunting you weren't just hunting YOU
>aliens declared war on the entire human race
>once they had reached the starbase, they were kept in a POW camp as slaves
>managed to escape in a small fighter, but not without hostiles on their tail
>took them out but sustained damage
>nowhere to go, most humans already enslaved/wiped out by the aliens
>decide their only option was to make an emergency landing on YOUR planet, the last place they had heard from any surviving humans before capture
>"You mean, you're the only one left?"
>ask how you managed to survive when all else were killed by the aliens
>return them to your base to explain
>overwhelmed by your progress
>they give you something
>it's blueprints to an entirely different level of tech
>managed to bring it with them in the fighter
>with their help, you set up human stronghold on this world
>over the years you thrive, create a new civilisation for humans with you as their ruler
>win decisively against marauding aliens
>bring the humans back into the space age
>conquer the aliens and restore humans to the throne of the galaxy
If only this was how the full story could play out. Oh well, a man can dream.

Why does it seem like I can't ever find any silver/sandstone? I've been looking for a long time and I haven't found a single one.

Help

I can hear that glass tunnel snapping in my head jesus christ.

Inbreeding problems.