AGDG DEMODAY #9 - GET DEV OR GET FUCKED - NODEVS GETTING EXECUTED IRL

DEMODAY #9 IS FUCKING NOW AND I'M IN CHARGE FUCKERS
>I T S _ H A P P E N I N G
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9
SUBMIT OR GET KILLED IRL
> Next (less improtant)Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam
Collab: pastebin.com/NEPv0pPC

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta) - AKA Try harder website dev
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/

> Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew (fags)
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev (worse)

> Previous (Less good) Demodays
pastebin.com/Qi63yBxd

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot (literally who): godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
>Unity: (lol) unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

> Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9/rate/74830
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hillary goin 2 jail
>Race war
>Shadow government illuminati confirmed by US Congress
>DEMODAY
>yfw

Welp this one is actually more cool.

>15 MINUTES

>Shadow government illuminati confirmed by US Congress
What

This thread was first, we keep it over ?

I'm the OP of that one, I just made it quickly before some dick made a shortened OP. but we should stay here anyway.

SHIT I'M NERVOUS

Who will submit the first game?

I'm going to upload it the first hour at least.

I will.
Nobody will play it anyway

me, guaranteed.

I'll be the first to submit
In the next two months

>tfw you're demo is fucking broken

you guys coming?

I Can't just upload a rar? lolwut? this is goofy shit.

1 ENTRIES
3 ENTRIES

this'll probably get lost in a sea of demoday posting, but I'm gonna anyway, I dunno if this is too simple a project but here goes

This is my first project I'm making with Game Maker, I'm trying to recreate Pong, so far I've got movement and boundary collision, now I'm trying to think of how I'm gonna do the ball, and I'm sure the AI for the AI paddle is gonna drive me nuts

good
post it to demoday

isn't it for like, finished stuff? or at least not shit stuff? or do you mean post it when I finish?

its for getting yourself to make something because of a deadline

Seriously?

STEAMCHAT BUDDIES REPORT IN!!!!! :3

how many games can i post to demo day?

will it improve my chance to win?

lmao. who did this?

user you have 46 hours to make the game playable or else you can never show your face here ever again

oh boy oh boy here we go.
Time for half the people registered to not show up

what if my demo is just a rotating cute girl model
what happens now

as many as you want/have

feels good

nah don't worry, I already made the decision to try my hardest to finish this by the deadline, shouldn't really be too hard.

would using a tutorial for this be discouraged? it would right?

Uploaded the demo. Here's a walkthrough for whoever doesn't feel like playing it.

a submission is a victory in my eyes, kiddo

what if my demo is 800mb

is this your first time using gamemaker ever? if so, try it on your own with the tutorial as a backup for when you get really stuck.
after that, make your own game without tutorial.
start drinking coffee now

Then you probably shouldve used game maker. enjoy having 0 downloads

How do I make my demo uploadable? this is stupid.

It's not ready
Submit on the last day or wait until DD10?

Does anyone still programs in flash?

Never mind it seemed to work...

I'll keep this thread open. you can reply to this post if anything happens in my game that seems like it shouldn't.

I know a little Flash, but I have never seen anyone here on /agdg/ with a game in Flash.

Uploaded.
I really need to do a proper preview for the next demo day, now the only thing left to do is to play your games.

>BOTH

DD10 WILL HAVE 120 SUBMISSIONS MARK MY FUCKIN WORDS

>10 SUBMISSIONS IN 15 MINUTES

REMINDER NODEVS GETTIN KILLED
THIS IS YOUR DEMO

Reminder that Space Jam starts soon.

Ahhh, I can't wait to get home! Even if I have nothing for this D Day, I'm hyped as fuck.

r8 my demo day 9 boss

There was one guy coding a game in flash. The only thing I remember is him showing off some basic terrain excavation tools. I don't think it ever progressed further than that.

have you gotten the point?

Uploaded the demo. This demo isn't really much of the gameplay and more if everything I have so far fucking works.

Man I am tired.

I think he's talking about a video where congress asks about the email scandal and isn't even given the name of the agency that has some of the confidential information that was shared.

Reposting from last thread.

Hi, I'm not exactly a new game dev but I haven't yet completed a game yet. However, I think I have an idea of what I want to do.

I like playing Corruption of Champions but I dislike it for three reasons:

1.) It is made in Flash. Flash will soon become deprecated and newer technologies are appearing, things like HTML5, WebGL, CSS3, etc. Therefore, I want to recreate the engine using these technologies.
2.) Furries. I hate em'. This leads into my third reason.
3.) I dislike the way the story ended up. The game was like, oh, wow, you're corrupted. Guess it's fine now, totally okay to let down your friends and family. Basically it was fanfiction tier writing.

Therefore, I want to create a CoC clone, except with less faggotry and more plot. Add in a multiple follower system, camp raids, actual difficulty, a changed combat system, and keeping the player transformation system (but delaying transformations). Plus, if I could hire an artist or get good enough at drawing, I could make a character viewer.

So, this is just me throwing my ideas out there. I pretty much made the UI all in HTML5 and CSS3, and there's still a little bit left for cross-browser compatibility.

TL;DR, I could use some feedback on my ideas / UI designs. It does not show, but there are shortcut keys to activate each button.

error
why no download on my game

looks okay samuel

>pugdev game
DELETE THIS

I'll start downloading and trying games when there'll be more of them. I'll most likely post a review in the thread too. I plan on trying everything my sorta-toaster can handle.

Excuse me. Someone has illegally uploaded an old version of my game to your jam without my permission.

Explain further and post proof.

>8:50
>75 joined
>now
>77 joined
Oh boy I can't wait for the whodevs to flood demoday, again.

I-I just didn't know if my game would be ready in time

which game is yours?

flash is outdated.

just use something else.

how do i not be a who

This one.
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9/rate/74830

Nothing forces you to upload something once you joined so you have literally no reason not to join as soon as the jam page is open.

I hardly even post here these days, I almost feel guilty joining in the demo day thing but eh

Once an AGDGer, always an AGDGer, right...?

got the falling and chaining working, after a swap

now i need to check chains whenever things fall

Your game is nearly unplayable once the speed picks up, please nerf immediately.

Who?

Hey idol comm@nder guy, you should consider making parts of the song map to the button you press.
It helps a lot with getting the player to press buttons to the music
also I got an S rank where's my secret costume senpai

this idol commander guy has real balls. not afraid to show steamchat nodevs where his game is, thats for sure

Thanks.

I was bullying you the other day about you being bad in your own game, but now I need to apologize, the game is actually pretty hard ;_;

Skeleton Boomerang dev.

I've still been posting progress occasionally to other places, like /v/ threads and tumblr, but I don't do much other than lurk on Veeky Forums lately

Loved your game man really solid!

Practice. I suck at it too but when you get used to it it's not that hard I think. Every rhythm game needs repeated playthroughs to git gud.

I already plan to make an easy mode though. Thanks for the feedback.

>you should consider making parts of the song map to the button you press.
Wait, what do you mean exactly? I thought I already synced the song to the beatmap.
if you really did it should be unlocked in the main menu screen
otherwise try to get a A, I may have forgotten to make S rank unlock the costume because I thought no one would be able to get it

>DirectX9 GPU (Shader Model 2.0) is required.
>Your GPU (NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440) only supports Shader Model 0.0

>2016
>geforce 4

>game is made in UE4
>only have i7 with 16GB RAM

what

I think I had a MX460 in 2003 or something when I built my first PC

Sorry you feel that way kiddo
I feel like demoday encourages people who wouldn't normally post progress to share by making it into an event.

I get being a little upset at completed games showing up one day just to shill, but a "my first geme DD6 edition" that gets posted once isn't all that bad, don't you think? It shows we've got some actual aspiring devs here

Shit that's some distilled vintage AGDG, nothing wrong with submitting no matter how long you've been out of the loop. Just get back into the swing of dev or I'll kill you IRL with no regard for your social and mental well being.

match 3 mechanics working all the time now

if you saw the code, you might throw up

AGDG has strengthened me against bad code.

I dunno if this will even work for other people but I'll see if I can get something out if anyone is interested. There's not much of a game, though. It would be interesting to see if it even runs on other people's computers though.

Thanks, pal! I'm really hoping to get it finished soon, feels like I've been working on it for ages.

I will continue deving, sir

I don't intend to stream, but maybe I'll record playing the demos

At least for some games I think it's pretty valuable knowing how a first time player plays your game

There's no such a thing as bad code. It either works or doesn't work.

Am I here too short time that I see golden uzi?

that's MISTER sir to you kiddo

bad code can still work. there absolutely is bad code

Don't worry, there's always many alpha games also where you can just jump around without any goal, yet they are also played and loved.

don'y say i didn't warn you

I mean that timing the button press wrong should play a sound out of sync. It works really well in IIDX, but I can understand if it won't work for a game that doesn't require massive amounts of button presses
It's probably broken, I did this next and I still don't see any secret costume. What's the criteria for unlocking it?

Then define for me, please, what is a bad code? I'm honestly curious. The only occasion when a code works but is bad is when it has shit performance, but for me that goes into the bad code category.

>At least for some games I think it's pretty valuable knowing how a first time player plays your game
It is

Oh I see. I thought about adding sfw when you hit or miss a beat but kind of forgot to implement it.
Shit, I have on idea then. Can you show me how the title screen looks? The only condition to unlock it is to get an A so it should be selectable now

I've seen actual code where someone did
void ParentClass::func() {
static_cast(this)...
}

bad code can make it so you can't do things you want to do. bad code makes it so it takes a really long time to add something new. bad code is copy/pasting something over and over instead of doing it properly so it's difficult to modify.

buggy, hard to read, unnecessarily long or convoluted, poorly designed

all of which leads to more bugs

Not him but if it's disorganized or redundant then it can quickly become difficult to maintain and write, which can wind up wasting time on the part of the developer(s). I'd say that's bad.

*sfx