Is this a good resume for a twenty year old NEET who never had a job before?

Is this a good resume for a twenty year old NEET who never had a job before?

>skills
>EU Citizenship
Holy shit, might as well off yourself right now.

McDonalds is waiting for you

Should I not list that or something? I thought it would be a huge advantage.

Why would it be an advantage?

>Certified IT Professional
Should have just put "Expert in Designated Shitting Streets." It'd be just as professional and fill just a bit more of you're completely empty sheet of paper

>A+ Certified (PC Support)

What did he mean by this?

I'd remove objective; everyone knows at the end of the day your objective is to get a job

Also, you gotta quantify your accomplishments. For example, "vacation bible school volunteer: mentored sixteen teenagers in leadership, ethics, and citizenship. Rated #1 of 6 counselors." Or something like that. As an employer, not only do I wanna know what your responsibilities were in previous roles but what you specially did/accomplished.

WAY too bare-bones OP. You need to elaborate on multiple points you have there, this is a very skeletal resume. For one example, you list you won contest for writing samples. *What* contests? Where? Details, details, details

Also under education, list your GPA and for high school, list activities and clubs you were a part of ... and yes, remove Objective.

It should be: Education, Work History, Skills, Volunteer Work

Scratch that, you have no work history. Yikes.

>A+ certified
What are you trying to get hired in the 1970s?

And the people he is competing with have "McDonalds" for their work history. "Yikes," yeah, right.

I'd try getting a job at Wal-Mart and build some work experience before trying to land a gig as a "Certified IT Professional". There's way more to a job than the actual job itself, employers are going to want to see if you're capable of working a full shift, communicating with your higher ups, and actually being able to hold a job for a decent length of time without quitting.

I've told a shitload of NEETs this advice and they typically laugh in my face and say they'd kill themselves before working at Wal-Mart. I point out that my first full-time gig was Wal-Mart, and ask them why they think they're any better than I was when I was their age. I also bring up all the shit jobs I had to work in order to support myself through my 20s, and remind them they're now asking me for advice on how to become as successful as I am. I keep doing this until the conversation becomes painfully awkward, and the kid wanders off to bitch on Facebook about college being a waste of time.

We all start somewhere OP, bite the bullet and get a shit job. When a 20 year old asks me for a job and he's never had one before, I'm confident that working with him will be like getting raped by a midget in prison - short and painful.

A+ is what they call computer hardware studies, he can take a comp apart and put it back together as well as give it a really good blowjob.

can you guys give me some pointers?

Meme

>Left side is overwhelming list of tightly packed bullet points
>Right side is mostly white space

Google some sample resumes to get a better design. It needs to be easy to read. Also clean it up by doing things like capitalizing 'summer' and putting spaces before and after hyphens.

Work experience needs to be above activities and skills. You also need to go into more detail about what you did as an optician. Give a number of how much you sold if possible.

Companies also like it if your objective says what you will do for them. So something like "To bring my experience and skills to this company and increase product design and sales while developing myself as an engineer" would be a better objective.

All that whitespace. If I were hiring, I wouldn't even expand the thumbnail.

Surely you can be more creative than that? It says you're A+ certified, but not a single line about your actual experience?
Ever troubleshoot problems on your own computer? You could turn that into a line about experience.

Maybe it's just personal preference, but I wouldn't even include an objective section. Feels like it's almost universally worthless to employers.

Expand on your work experience: what were your duties? What did you actually do at work?

> Skills
> EU citizenship

Just like another 500 million people.

Believe it or not employers like to see you have worked for something other than mom chicken tendies.

> trained to use microsoft word

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Look at the layout of that piece of shit. And I am not even speaking about the content HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

< good luck working with these niggers

>Doesn't say "bought ethereum"

Dropped

I'd appreciate any advice here, my graduate scheme applications have been a bit hit and miss, so I really need some feedback.

> formatting
use
(left align, bold) name ---------- (right align) date
format to smooth out the white space on the right
don't bold dates because they're not that important

stay consistent with the formatting
in the education you're using date-name -gpa
in activities name - date
in experience you're using name \\ title -date

work and skills should go before activities, as they are the most important things they'll want to see.

> content
talk more about your job experience. even if you did nothing of value, use retarded business speak like : "worked in a team environment to meet and exceed sales targets" or w/e. just make sure it fills up at least 75% of the line.

you seem to have a lot of activities, trim that list down and give one or two bullet points detailing what you did. especially leadership roles, people like to see leaders.

for god's sake get an internship. even if you have to suck dick or stay behind another semester. as an engineer you shouldn't graduate until you've had least ONE internship.

Yes.

The things that jumped out at me were you understand robotics, which means you're smart...

And you volunteered at a bible school which means you wont shoot the place up.

>6 actual days of experience
>top half of the resume
you funny

I know what you mean, and it is a weakness, but surely I need to show that I have 'some' experience? Or is it simply a matter of reorganising?

Either way, I appreciate you looking for me.

Your professional experience lasted one day and one week each? Is that a joke? Also get rid of that ugly orange block. A resume should be only two colorw, black and white.

listing a citizenship as a skill is like listing my weight as a skill

To be fair, I did just finish Uni, I didn't realise it was spectacularly less than my cohorts, mind. I should add that the orange block isn't on the normal CV, obviously. It was to block out my details etc.

> not listing the time you decapitated the balor with your +5 Vorpal and made the DM shit a brick

Like you're not even trying to make it.

Your A-levels aren't gr8, m8. What positions are you applying for? Not front office, I hope? You'll struggle with BBBc.

Also, you don't need an apostrophe in "GCSEs" or "As". An apostrophe would indicate contraction or possession; you want to indicate plurality. Just add an 's' with no apostrophe.

Wording generally clunky throughout - try reading some example CVs online and copy their style.

I'm not sure that your travel habits are meaningful enough to mention on your CV.

I have no idea what you mean by 'competent software and hardware skills' - that's such a vague statement as to be meaningless. If you're a skilled and experienced user of specific software packages that you would use on the job, mention that. If you're not, it's probably better to not mention IT at all. Better to say nothing than to say something vague which will leave the recruiter confused.

Sure, I was hoping my first in Econ would help with that, though. In terms of positions, I'd prefer an analyst position, but I have also gone for external audit positions.

Really appreciate the feedback though!

go back for your masters and get a fucking internship this time you stupid fuck.

NO ONE SHOULD BE GRADUATING FROM STEM WITHOUT EXPERIENCE.

im operations manager at a medium sized company and responsible for budgets up to €1.000.000 and my resume and linkedin still include my experience as a dishwasher at some snackbar.

Which university did you go to, though?

Did you get into a top 10 with BBBc?

Objective is stupid. They already know you want a job so thats kinda redundant and most employers and HR people will tell you it's not nessisary.

Closer to top 20, in honesty.

Would've liked to have known that 3 years ago, but I appreciate the sentiment.

Why not just tell us the university you went to?

It's not like any of us are going to know who you are in real life. And after a few days, this thread will be deleted anyway.

Fair enough: City University, London.

Is there any sort of test you need to to get that?
Also can I lie about that in my resume? I know how to build computers but im a NEET with no studies.

why are we forced to work in burgers or walmat when we already have the fucking skills computers? this is retarded.

Oh, that's not bad. Did you study at the Cass business school? That has a pretty good reputation. It's a pretty decent university overall, really.

I actually looked at City back when I was applying to law schools; had it as one of my five applications and got an offer but didn't choose it as either my firm or insurance (ended up going to KCL instead).

A first from City is a real first, then (not like a first from South Bank or London Met or something) so it should offset the A-levels at all but the most selective banks.

you have to prove you can work with people and aren't going to be a mega autist that will fuck up, show up late, and send customers running

You must've had a pretty good personal statement to get into City with BBBc, though. My offer for law was AAA; I assume economics is similarly competitive.

It was, being honest with you, I felt quite lucky to go there. I had worse A-Levels than most of my cohort, and yet, most of them didn't do nearly as well as me. Feel a bit weird about that, being honest.

I know I'm asking a lot, but do you have any advice in terms of graduate schemes?

so what if I lie about work experience?

I can't give that much advice I'm afraid as after a two week vac scheme at one of the 'Magic Circle' city law firms I decided that I would rather eat glass and stare into the abyss for the rest of my life than spend my career reviewing tedious securities documents at 02:00 on a Saturday, and so I didn't even apply for any training contracts and started a software company instead, having never even read a computer program much less written one.

That was two years ago. Now I have four apps on the iOS App Store with total MAU of ~107,500 at the last count and monthly net revenue (after Apple's commission) of ~£49,500.

After expenses (mainly marketing; but some hosting fees too) I'm grossing about £30k per month. Much better than if I'd stuck with law. I'm putting 70% of it into investments and living quite comfortably off the rest, which I draw down as dividends and pay slightly lower tax rate on (and no company or employee national insurance contributions).

Are you absolutely sure that you want to be an analyst? Is it definitely, truly, exactly what you want to do?

I thought I wanted to be a corporate lawyer and I swear, it would've been the biggest mistake of my life if I had accepted the TC that firm offered me.

I'm not saying 'don't bother, just do what I did'; but I am saying you need to be really sure. Some of my friends who also had doubts (or were pretty sure they didn't want to be lawyers anymore) carried on despite having doubts and now they're miserable, and even making £70k now they've qualified they're barely able to afford London. Most of them still live with flatmates because they just can't afford their own place in a nice area with the ridiculous taxes and insane rents.

Be really, really sure.

Interesting to think about, actually, I get the sense that there's a lot of courage required to strike out on your own, though.

I really appreciate all the advice you've given me though; certainly a lot to think about.

This is phenomenal advice.

The finance and law worlds have the unique position right now of being able to exploit their workers nearly to death. I don't wanna sound like a bleeding-heart Liberal right now, but it's a cycle of exploitation: young attorneys and analysts work like hell in shit jobs for years, eventually - by virtue of time, not really proficiency - get a shot in the "big leagues," then treat people below them like shit because ~that's how I got here~. I genuinely wish it would end but, to be honest, doubt it will.

Your best choice is, of course, to do something you genuinely give a fuck about.

Not really.

Your objective is bad and includes redundant words at the end.

Put more under experience. Even if you have to make up something small. Put Experience above Extra-Curricular.

lol made me laugh heartily

Skills: EU citizenship.

Is this what Europoors put on their resumes? lul

Cool robotics experience.

Format your resume to be more dense and include descriptions of everything significant in a sub-bullet point.

Use the fonts TNR, Century Schoolbook T., and Arial.

Include a section on "Traits" or something so you don't have so much white space left.

Can I humbly ask how one starts a sotfware company with no real skills in sw?

I have done certain projects in the past involving commissioned work and understand the dynamics between commissioning artwork, music, and things like that. How did you get it to come together with hiring the right people for programming / coding / very technical details?

What are you talking about about? He has decent A level grades, they're not bad at all.

Heck I've seen worse, I see people out there placin they got grade 'F' or 'G'. Also others have placed they got 'U'.

Employers don't care much about your grades it's about the experience and motivation.

This person needs to find some kind of work experience or placement if you want to get into the financial sector 1 week isn't the best.

Also your CV lacks, you can do better than this. You should elavorate on your Career Statement, also don't leave you skills and interests with ONLY two bullet points be more verbose (not too much)...

You should show your motivation towards wanting to be working in the financial setor.
Discuss what kind of projects you did,

You can lie, however when it comes to being questioned. Make sure you know what to say, sometimes you will have descibe things in detail.

Some employers may want a reference from a manager or boss, though you can probably fake a phone number or email and get away with it.

It's only iphone apps m8. No employees. It's just me.

They're not particularly hard to make - you need to learn literally one programming language (Swift - and if you really feel like it, Objective-C - but that's optional).

I learned by watching a free Stanford class online (CS193P) as well as buying some Swift books on Amazon and watching youtube tutorials. It took me 8 months to get my first app on the store (which is admittedly rather basic, but it still generates £3200/month in revenue from a small user base paying £2.29/month) and that was with me slacking a bit. Subsequent apps have taken 3 weeks to 4 months to create. The 3-weeker actually accounts for about 35% of my revenue.

I don't make games or anything, so I don't need to worry about 'artwork' or 'music'. I make utility apps. Designing them is fairly easy if you can use Illustrator; keeping them graphically simple saves time and seems to go down fairly well. Too much going on and it looks cluttered.

Not for the City. They're decent grades in a general sense, but these are highly competitive jobs. I got A*A*Aa and was competing against people with similar grades back when I was going for legal jobs in the City. IB is at least as competitive, if not more so.

And these are grad schemes for people literally just out of university, or even still in university applying a year or two ahead. I had to apply for vacation schemes at the start of my second year of law school (undergrad in the UK) and would've had to apply for training contracts before the end of that year to have one lined up for two years after that time (because you have to take a one-year postgrad after getting your law degree to even start training as a solicitor or barrister in the UK). So very little experience is quite normal for these positions; and grades are looked at quite frequently. Almost all of the City law firms explicitly require AAB / ABB as a minimum. IB has similar standards.

What types of apps you reccomend making? I have no idea where to start.

if you have repaired computers/phones, made computer networks and stuff or programmed anything, even for free, add that as experience, because that's what it is. just call it "ad honorem" or simply don't even mention that you did it for free

He said utility apps. So, stuff for scheduling or something.

also, use your uni provided email address

>>EU Citizenship

At least they're not gonna tell him he's overqualified.

bump

Remove 'trained to use' and just list software skills in one category. List certifications in education or its own category.

Remove proficient in writing and list contest won in extra curricular or experience.

Describe what was done in vacation bible school (job description).

Not sure EU citizenship is a skill.

Objective is too generic. Make it specific to the company.

>Skills
>EU citizenship

Just off yourself lad

t. brexiter

OP here, is this any better?

I'm not taking the citizenship off so fuck you.

Remove Won from Robotic place 2nd and 5th places. If you came 2nd or 5th you didn't Win anything...

Oh wait you did qualify and then came 2nd in regionals, and 1st in the championship the following year, wait it's not dated so is it the same year. You came second locally but first nationally... But how can you win Regionals one year, do you have to place in regionals to qualify for nationals. Wait he came 5th qualifying for nationals. Are regionals separate from Championships. Tell me more about this robotic competition system of points.

I hope this isn't serious.

I will say it looks good OP. Most employers will just glance over it, and it is easy to glance over and pull information from.
Now write a script for questions you think employers will ask and practice singing it in front of a mirror.

Looking better dude

You're hired $7/hour part time congrats

Move the Skills section higher. That stuff is important so you want them to see it early.