/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & 4X Strategy General

He Creates a Desert and Calls it Peace Edition

>Stellaris OP:
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Lost \Hammers were converted into \Gold:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YvZ08Ub6XJ8
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719794488
mega.nz/#!BcERWBgJ!ljq8970l712ge_3N4POrW5j1exICbmbSyYLCSDILK6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First(?) for best man
youtube.com/watch?v=YvZ08Ub6XJ8

2nd for wide

Third for Kharak burning. Along with every other planet rebelling against my empire.

4th for 1.3 when?

5th for what is the best ethos now?

6th for fuck minmaxing, I'll be a militaristic fanatic xenophobe and lead the Imperium of Man to a golden age.

7th fuck my pops

8th for that goy trying to survive downloading from a Russian website with a shit anti-virus.

9th for genocide being fun and my cover ops being into bestiality.

10th for shilling a mod
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719794488

11th for this general being dead.

12th for quantum torpedo. Does it or does it not hit a target that does or does not exist?

>try to play community balance patch
>roll aztec
>spawn with nine (9) lake tiles in my capital
>can't get my floating garden bonus on it because you need a river to build it
E P I C
P
I
C

You never realized that "community balance patch" always favorite the mod's creator own playstyle?

it seems to be the mod that everyone recommends for as far as mods go, definitely the biggest mod and it still gets updated but this is just silly.

You do know that Adolf Hitler was elected, right?
Just people there's a lot of retards agreeing with
each others doesn't mean it's a good idea.

How does Distant Worlds work? I tried starting a new game, but all of a sudden, all my ships stopped moving and died.

Hitler didn't do anything wrong tho.
Other than attacking the russkies too early.

>you need a river to build it
But a lake was enough in base game, wtf?

>everyone recommends
Not really, I never used it. I always combine mods and change the things I don't like, works better imo

Just look through civfanatics and workshop lad

>Hitler didn't do anything wrong tho.
He ruined a moustache.

fuel

>Less desirable than a man with the power to gas 6 trillion jews.
Okay.

>Even Hitler had a girlfriend
>Odd Hitler didn't

If you put it that way... I concede and apologise. Deleting that image from my hdd now.

Ha ha, joke's on you, I had "girlfriends".
Two girls in college told me they liked me, one even asked me if I wanted to come to her house since her parents weren't here.
I told her my house was closer and that I failed to see why I should go to her house. She never spoke to me again after that and kept calling me an idiot.

>pick monty
>spawn in a heavily forest area
>near boudica
>open honour
>take the 2 free warrior policy + build my own + the initial one
>declare war on her
>5 jaguars surrounding her capital
>she can't improve anything
>can't leave her city without being attacked by 3 jaguars
>stolen like 5 of her settlers and workers

I've literally never seen this happen.

This is actually a commonly used tactic, though mostly against city states. Pretty much no one builds a worker but steals from city states anyway, so after stealing it you don't immediately peace out and continue stealing/upgrading your units against them. Usually works perfect. If used against other civs cripples them really hard

Just what influence exactly do I have over their internal affairs? As far as I can tell you can't do anything.

I meant the making her completely irrelevant and not able to do anything part.

I don't think you have any.

Excuse me?

Continuing

The Mex Fed has started to colonize seriously the 4th galactic arm now. We have explored much of the galaxy and encountered most civiliztions by now. The biggest ones right now are the Han People's Republic, the Heaven's mandate, the Yayoi Empire and us. We are also the third most numerous species, behind yayois and chinese.

Nigeria keeps insulting us and the visegradians and they have made a pact with the hindus so war seems inevitable now.

If you open ship design you must be able to see wich Gas your ships use as fuel.
It's either caslon, hidrogen or... the other one.
You need it in large quantities, make sure to build several more gas mining stations or secure trade agreements with someone who has it.

>grand nigeria
lel

Ha, okay. Can't private ships get it? Some of them are gas miners.

It's my only hope without restarting a new game because I'm 100% out of fuel here.

Private ships can get it but maybe you need more. The market can correct itself given enough time but you may want to push things a little. Manually search for more caslon or whatever and send your construction ships to build stations.

It's going to take a while, but hopefully I'll be able to correct the situation.

Thanks for the help.

Do tachyon beams deal damage before they're fired at you as well as after?

>Nationalism in Civ VI grants military policies
Wew lads, it looks like nationalist playthrough will be militaristic

forgot the link to the mod in case someone is interested

mega.nz/#!BcERWBgJ!ljq8970l712ge_3N4POrW5j1exICbmbSyYLCSDILK6g

>Hitler was elected

Yeah, as chancellor. Then he used entirely non-democratic means to elect himself God-Emperor for life and throw the constitution out the window after Hindenburg died.

Plus he deliberately crippled the parliament's ability to act on the very issues he was using to rally support by causing constant elections via walk-out whilst using propaganda to spin it as the government being unwilling to solve said issues due to corruption, so that it would boost his vote % each time.

He perpetrated the very inefficient government he claimed to be against, just to seize personal power.

Hardly a beacon of democracy.

>repufag trying to defend the republic
It's shit. Deal with it.

A gigantic mountain detected. Probably Mt. Everest

Why wouldn't it be militaristic?

>home system
>fully surveyed
>not one resource
>not one other system even close to border range
t-thanks

In Stellaris, is there any reason to use cruisers mixed in with battleships late game instead of only battleships? Fleetpower-wise they are equivalent, but battleships die harder, regenerate more health (since regeneration in a percentage per month) and stack more armor. Any reason to mix in corvettes with destroyers in your fleet instead of using only destroyers for screening bigger ships? I'm thinking of using a fleet composition of 4 destroyers ber battleship, plus two battleships per aura type (offensive and defensive).

Colonize Homam (Is that really an unoccupied Sol system?)

Just build an outpost and quitchabitchin

>have +8 faith per turn
>10 turns overdue for a prophet
>lose the last religion
I sure love rng.

No there's zero point using cruisers or corvettes once you can comfortably mass produce battleships and destroyers.

Before the evasion nerf, yes, but not now.

Sol is a tomb world

RIP in pepperonis

>religion
>rng

spawning a prophet is rng

You've got a seriously defensible home system there if you're playing hyperlanes only.

Three single-entrance systems full of defences will shred pretty much anything that comes at you.

Fortify that shit like it's Holy Terra.

Yes indeed.

Man, Endless Legend is fun as fuck.

Why doesn't anyone here ever talk about it?

That's a nice touch.

Yeah gonna p[lay it out, just slow as fuck without decent resources

Best of all is that you can uplift them and get them in your empire.

[armenian genocide denial intensifies]

Because there are people with absolute shit taste who post the meme that it's shit.

That reminds me, is there a mod that lets you start out on a tomb world?

So how does trading work in civ6?
Do you build your trader and tell him I want to trade with X city and he goes back and forth a bit and then you get some shekels and a road or what?

Shit taste cretins memed about it being terrible at release out of brand loyalty.

Artstyle and setting is god-tier, but the lack of units make me lose interest in it pretty quickly. Would be better if they changed appearance as they got new equipment, but they never bothred implementing that.

IIRC traders are also have limited uses now

It's a great game but it also lacks replay value.

You can get a fun 50-80 hours out of it, but it just doesn't stick for hundreds of hours like others do. People talked about it for a month or two and moved on.

Because the battle are tedious, and the new equipement doesn't reflect the tier.
I started many games with it, always got bored.
At least it was better than Endless Space.

Oh, Jeanne Calment.

>advanced space faring society
>apparently can't keep people alive beyond their 70s with their awesome future medical technology

These are aliens. Maybe they're supposed to live 40 years only.

It's also utterly retarded how every species live as long as humans

That too, yeah. You have no idea how much I hate games and movies where aliens are just humans with a non-human face.

Are city states going to have unique bonuses too?

>Rough terrain (hills, forest, rivers) now require that units have enough movement points to enter. For example, if a Warrior unit has 1 movement point left, and a Hills tile has a movement cost of 2, the unit will not be able to enter the Hills tile that turn, but must instead wait until the next turn until it has its full 2 movement points.

>Age is a static number influenced only by a couple traits
>There is not a species stats screen where we assign points to various attributes including average lifespan.

DLC soon goy I'm sure of it.

We need an immortal race.
Just make them unable to have dictatorships.

Rather than pure immortal have a race or a trait set focused around reincarnation.

Effectively, leaders die but when they are reborn they retain all the levels and traits they had when they died.

No, that would be broken. They would become complete powerhouses in late game.

Or maybe, only make them able to reincarnate if they die from old age.

Well there's already a way to get level 5 hirable leaders without taking up more than 2 trait points. At least the reincarnator trait could be balanced to cost 4 or 5 points.

Remind me again why energy isnt the single most important thing in Stellaris
>Thrifty + Fanatic Individualist = GG

Combat is poor and the unit choice is worse

I dont like assimilating aesthetically contradictory races into my pure army, and its my biggest gripe with all their games.

Science is probably more important imo.
>Intelligent + Fanatic Materialist = GG

The ability to fuck other people is more important.
>fanatic militaristic+collectivism= GG NO RE

>research awesome new technology
>cant sustain large fleet with it because no power
Also
>fallen empires

At least we can both agree that Militaryfags are worthless

Let's see you apoligizing when my fleets will be bombing your world.

Yeah, military is pretty much only useful for fun roleplay races, or multiplayer cheese builds. The others may be slightly weaker early game but ramp up fast.

In fact plutocratic oligarchy and megacorp may be stronger throughout the game than any military government. Between the energy boost, and the super cheap mining stations. They can ramp early and maintain late.

>10% damage vs infinite fleet size
Im sorry what, I cant hear you over the sound of endless energy. Dont stay out of that dock too long or you'll go into debt again.

Sorry, I can't hear you over the sounds of my bombs freeing your people.

Yeah the military Ethos and all its government types need a massive buff. Worthless in comparison to everything else.
>Military Junta
>-5% ship upkeep

But you're not, you're already dead. user-san cant even afford his meds hes in so much credit debt.

The ship upgrade cost isn't a bad bonus on its own, but compared to plutocratic oligarchy it just doesn't compete early. And late game you aren't upgrading nearly as much and mineral income isn't as crucial as early game.

Military dictatorship has some decent bonuses, and military republic is pretty good for hyperlane only games. They ended up fixing military junta a bit, it just doesn't compete even between the other two military governments.

Should make it so all the military factions get intergalactic nukes for glassing planets

and all military factioins should have Gandhi AI

Military governments could be unique and good.
They have to change fleets and ship combat first though.

Serious question, who the fuck was so retarded as to not even name anything in the mod archieve?

Good starting nation for Endless Legend

Also give me some starting tips, which buildings and fidsi to prioritize, tech guide etc, shit like that

Ground combat needs the most work.

Whats wrong with it? I've never had any problems.