/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #377

"Ayy lmao" Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10505482
strawpoll.me/10549116
strawpoll.me/10549625
strawpoll.me/10616399
strawpoll.me/10645276
strawpoll.me/10646187
strawpoll.me/10681287

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=j2d6T5G2rrY
youtube.com/watch?v=UsMddFhXEHg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!) (thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's Chloe just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

That's so damn happy!

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that the storm's still coming in Bay ending

Are there really characters and communities like the game portrays them in the Pacific Northwest, or is the game romanticising it?

Reason being I have a friend who claimed he didn't believe you'd ever come across anyone like in the game in that setting.

just checking up on you guys
how are you holding up?

Don't mind us, we're just en route to our 400th thread.

I'm personally comfy and wrapped in a blanket.

Well, considering those people are quite defined by a set of rebellious circumstances, specifically towards their environment, I'd say that your friend has missed the point.

Oh boy, you guys won't believe what I found

My sides.

That picture is hilarious.

It's like she's trying her hardest to look "hardcore", so she says, "Look what I can do. I don't even give a fuck."

well.. since we're all stuck here forever, we can't go anywhere.

how about you?

>we're all stuck here forever
Perfect.
I don't even need a head to get ahead!

Her head even has an "I'm still cool" expression.

I don't know how much longer I can hold Max

Just sit on the bed and calm down.

Her right eye doesn't look very calm.

That's alright, she'll be fine.

she's about to explode

Is card game user here?

I really should calm down with this image dump too

Who did this and why?

Maybe they were just bad at it. Kate forgives them.

Fair enough. He often does.

tbqh the reason I asked is I'm considering moving there one day since everyone where I live is bland and boring. I just wanna go where people are cool and interesting.

>/lisg anons' faces while they were playing episode 5

>I just wanna go where people are cool and interesting.

Is there such a place tho

/lisg/

Maybe not in the sense of everyone being like that. But there are certainly places where people are bland and boring, including where I live.

I could go into more detail but nobody would care and I guess it's out of the reach of this thread.

Well said.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Rachel is alive!

and well!

Rachel. Oh Rachel, no, no! Please, not her! Rachel. why? I'm sorry, Chloe. I'm so sorry. I loved her so much. How can she be dead? What kind of world does this?

>What kind of world does this?

go fuck with your tragedy, Michel

What do you think guys? :3

It was a well acted scene!
Here's a scene from another movie she starred in!

It took like 4-5 hours in total. I like it.

And she told Chloe everything and apologized for her past lies.
She's appalled (and amazed) by how cute and perfect Max and Chloe are together,"Jesus, Chloe. Am I going to have to carry around a stick to pry the two of you apart?". "Max, how are you going to become a famous photographer when 90% of your stuff is of Chloe?"
She's also helping Frank become the better man he wants to be after he realized he almost played a part in killing someone he loves.
Life is pretty good.

Haha:) Bad persons like Max always deserve the worst. It gives me great pleasure to see their desperation.

Also R.I.P Hide & Seek Champ :'(

Yep :)

BARCELONA

You'll never meet someone like them, because our understanding of them is from a third person perspective.

They are the environment, the specific lines in a set of music, visuals and narrative construction.

To meet them is to understand a small fraction of that entirety that comes to be "Chloe" and "Max, as we know them.

youtube.com/watch?v=j2d6T5G2rrY

Roastie.

Long hair Max looks weird

Max never looks weird.

She doesn't look like herself unless she looks like herself

Max should dye her hair! She looks even better!

youtube.com/watch?v=UsMddFhXEHg

Remember them.

I'm gonna have to agree. Max's hair is part of who she is, it's not long enough to look traditional and it's not short enough to draw attention. It says 'I'm here, notice me if you want to.'
Although after a big confidence boost she may let Chloe convince her to dye or cut it short once, but she wouldn't really feel it was her (Like wearing Rachel's clothes).

So I'm going to Oregon in a few hours, is it tillamook bay that looks like Arcadia bay?

a fresh air of confidence!

She looks awful.

It's out of character.

Max would never do that.

Haha thanks, user
I'll totally not replay the game again again soon now haha

I don't think she gives a shit about her hair.

You won't move into an American small town and find "cool and interesting" people there. Not more than anywhere else. (It's also not like there are too many too terribly cool and interesting people in Arcadia Bay. And the people are not, on average, as pretty either.)

"You suck. I like my shirt and jeans!"

Never change, Max. I even grew to like her tacky skull design chucks.

Yes. Tillamook was used as an overview reference - general geography and town structure. Garibaldi and Bay City seem like the main environmental inspirations.

Oh, and why don't you take some LiS-esque shots while you're out there? If anything strikes you as particularly reminiscent, that is.

The theme is sadness, sadness over longing for a happy moment.

It's Chloe and Max, and the smell of the ocean on the cliff.

It's the scent of cooking in Joyce's diner, with the overcast of Chloe's pain, giving a preciousness to each conversation.

It's youth.

Yes, please do.

At first I thought that Max needed a style. Which was why I agreed to the makeover by Dana and Juliet, and was glad Chloe made her wear different stuff, but then I came to see that Max does have a style. It's not even hipster.
She just wants to be comfortable (Both physically and emotionally) with how she dresses, but she can and does have the ability to create good looking stuff. Like her gallery outfit.

Obviously.

>this amount of vertical openness
It's like you can actually breathe. I hate how high buildings shit up the view everywhere. I think humans, as a species, develop too fast.

You're an idiot.

You say that on your technological device.

Look at our resident beat poet here!

I actually like the idea of having an "assorted LiS poems" video, read by the game's voice artists over the instrumental soundtrack.

Her style will obviously evolve over time, especially at Chloe's side. But I also think it will stay essential Max-core. Quirky little details, comfy basics, paying not too much attention to color coordination and stuff. Little make-up, similar haircut and style. Maybe a bit more conditioned and combed-through once she enters the working world.

I get what you're saying, you're right.

You're right. Though in all honesty LiS made me realise how boring and stuffy everyone in my area is. I know, comparing life to a video game, bad start, but it's definitely revealed some longstanding discontentment.

So?

>Look at our resident beat poet here!

Was that said derisively?

It was said in contentious familiarity. ;)

No, really, I enjoy your stuff. Most of the time.

Plaid looks good on he as long as it's not red. Those shirts are comfy too and can be worn a few ways.
I just don't like the idea some have that she would go full punk.At most she would experiment with dying her hair once and get a small tattoo with Chloe so they have something matching. As for hair, the pictures I've seen of her having it in a small ponytail looks great.
Chloe would probably stay the same for a very long time. The only change I could see her making would be to make some more outfits and maybe stop dying her hair or keep it to highlights since the blonde is too nice to hide.

Oh, hello!

I'm grinning so widely.

It's nice to see you're still here.

>so widely
Be careful not to hurt your risorius!

Did Chloe ever take cocaine with Rachel?

How many moments with Rachel do you think Chloe had like her moment with Max in the pool?

The near-intimacy.

I would say the same about you, although selfishly, as I know you've been wishing to leave this place behind.

This is a Kerouac poem you might appreciate as a sort of pre-game week - and vaguely beyond that - Chloe rambling:

Tears is the break of my brow,
The moony tempestuous
Sitting down
In dark railyards
When to see my mother’s face
Recalling from the waking vision
I wept to understand
The trap mortality
And personal blood of earth
Which saw me in—
Father father
Why hast thou forsaken me?
Mortality & unpleasure
Roam this city—
Unhappiness my middle name
I want to be saved,—
Sunk—can’t be
Won’t be
Never was made—
So retch!

(She was saved in the end.)

I'd guess plenty. But there's a very different kind of fragility to either of them. With Chloe and Max we already went into what that pool scene means for either of them and in context. With Chloe and Rachel, I can't help but always see Rachel's easygoingness and naturalness in all things intimate and Chloe's silent longing for more significance in that intimacy - silent because she doesn't want to strain their friendship, or worse scare Rachel away, knowing deep down that she doesn't love her. Maybe even knowing that Rachel can't fix her, can't truly "save" her. That even her love won't make the pain go away. Joyce and Chloe say it themselves: Chloe has never laughed like she did with Max, again. Until she returned.

There was no Rachel.
Chloe made her up and everyone went with it not to hurt her feelings. Joyce even bought some flannel shirts and hung them in Chloe's wardrobe.

That's an absolutely idiotic theory with absolutely no basis and that clearly is wrong.
Get out of here, Mari.

Indeed.

The tension between Max and Chloe is more nuanced because it means more, thematically speaking.

Max and Chloe are both anxious in their affections, because they know... It's all too possible.

just passing by to say
>page 10

It's cute how cautious Max and Chloe are, because it's kind if like a little game of hints and judging reactions. but also kind of sad.
It's obvious that Chloe has feelings for Max and wanted them to become more than friends. I'm guessing that these feelings existed for years and Chloe didn't full realize them until Max was gone.
Max may have had similar feelings when she was younger, but she didn't recognize what they were until she was older and they were together again.
But even them being together wasn't enough to settle things because they both had self-doubts: Chloe not knowing how Max felt and still having feelings for Rachel (and maybe not wanting to bring Max down) and Max not thinking she was good enough for Chloe (Which we clearly see addressed)

By the end of the game we see that these fears have been laid to rest so it's very easy to conclude that the two of them move on in the future to be happy together.

Yeah. I always thought between Rachel and Chloe, apart from their obvious friendship, romantically, there was but a dream. Clearly the dream of running away and living a happy, carefree, successful life together. But also the dream that Rachel, her love, was all Chloe needed to overcome the grief associated with William and Max leaving her. But it was very much her Santa Monica dream, not Rachel's. And it was also just that, a dream. Chloe "hadn't laughed (and cried) in years" like she did in reuniting with Max - Rachel was sweet distraction and sexy delusion. Certainly "loving", but it was only with Max and their Love for each other that she started to heal again and was truly saved. Whether Max can help her overcome the grievances of that week however, or vice versa for that matter... I'd like to think so, at least.

Rachel was a great friend to Chloe and did help her in a massive way. Chloe says Rachel "saved her life" and there's a few possibilities to what that means, but I don't want to think about them.
But as much Rachel helped Chloe by being there and being her friend, she also hurt Chloe by giving her false hope. It was obvious how Chloe felt about Rachel and what she wanted. But rather than Rachel being honest and telling Chloe she didn't want to be in a relationship with her (Or an exclusive one with anyone really) she lied to Chloe which left her kind of delusional and confused. Rachel's dream was to run away from Arcadia Bay and get to somewhere she could be famous and work as a model. Chloe's dream was just to be loved and be happy, it didn't matter if it was ina huge city or a small town.

Max is cute
Chloe is hardcore
Kate is pure
Victoria is classy
Dana is beautiful
Juliet is fun
Alyssa is poetic
Stella is motivated
Brooke is smart
Rachel is adaptive

>8 people
Perfect for 4 couples!

Fuck I meant 10 and 5.

>5 couples
B-But I want to ship them all. That'll be 3628800 10! ships.

Max + Chloe for obvious reasons
Kate + Victoria for a chance for redemption
Dana + Juliet because they get along
Rachel + Stella so they can both run away and be happy
Brooke + Alyssa because why not and it will piss someone off

>3628800
What
C(10,2)=45

I'm bad at math.

Well, you were somewhat on the right way.
It's 10!/(8!*2!).
Unless you want to include threesomes. And foursomes. And tensomes.
Then it's 2^10 - C(10,1), I guess.

Now this is shipping!

I've already analysed Santa Monica Dream d nauseum, but you've basically summarized the feelings that it captures.

There's an untold story in that song.

"I'm somewhere. You're nowhere.
I'm nowhere. You're nowhere.

I could go there... but I don't."

It was always but a dream, their love.

That song is Chloe facing the trailer trash life she'll have to accept.

Actually, I think I'm off by one.
2^10 - C(10,1) - 1, because we don't want empty sets.
So 1013.