/hg/ - Halo General

We'll Never See The Flood Again Edition

The Warzone Firefight update is here! It includes the following:
- Warzone Firefight (available on 6 maps)
- Campaign Score Attack
- 1 new arena map
- 1 new warzone map
- 1 new warzone assault map
- 1 new forge canvas
- New bosses, including the Grunt Goblin
- New reqs, including the UNSC wasp vehicle and the Halo 2 Beam Rifle
- Req items available in forge
- 5 new campaign score attack achievements
- 3 new warzone firefight achievements

Official Warzone Firefight reveal trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=3My_2vZQjBI

Important Halo Links, Notes etc.
pastebin.com/64rb9y4w

>Latest Halo Community Update
halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/warzone-firefight-preview

>Spartan Companies:
halowaypoint.com/en-us/spartan-companies/halo general

>Looking for custom games/campaign co-op players/matchmaking squad
halolfg.com
halocustoms.com
halolobbies.com
Watch the threads for occasional party squads

>Xbox One clips and screenshots
xboxdvr.com/

The third /hg/tage is out!
youtube.com/watch?v=Bj0swJRlm5g

Previous thread

Reach is the worst game in the series, but not the point of decline.

The Flood were so tiring to fight. They were alright in CE sparingly (fuck the library) but they got old way too fast

Second for WZFF is comfy

They made some dumb decisions like not letting people derank.

>Reach worse than 4

What has this general become

I'm not saying that it was a perfect try, but it's a much better multiplayer than any of the Halo games that have come out in the past decade, content aside.

3 babbies trying to rationalize, it's nothing new

>Sinking to buzzwords again

You guys really are dragging this general down

Reach had reticle bloom, slow unresponsive movement, and unbalanced weapons.

343 does seem to learn from their mistakes, at least to an extent.

They have a pretty clear lack of direction, but they've been trying to improve the series.

I don't want to repeat the same arguments over and over but it still had a far superior campaign with less filler than 4s and a more satisfying end. It also had more content, better custom games and customizable options, better armour customization, far better art design for armours and environments with less lens flare and floating glowing stuff, it had a better variety of matchmaking playlists, even though it had loadouts they were less intrusive and unbalnced even though the armour abilities were worse in Reach and it overall had much better maps even though Reach had pretty weak maps.

Saying Reach had unbalanced weapons when discussing 4 is pretty ridiculous when you factor in how broken the DMR was in 4. I'd take reticule bloom over getting killed in mere seconds of leaving cover. The only thing Halo 4 had over Reachs movement was Sprint by default, they were both slow and clunky without it

pace your shots
don't slap the sticks like a retard
most of the sandbox was usable what are you even talking about

>Saying Reach had unbalanced weapons when discussing 4 is pretty ridiculous when you factor in how broken the DMR was in 4.
It was less dominant in 4 than it was in Reach, despite being comparatively more powerful. Every weapon in 4 aside from the Suppressor and pre-patch BR and Carbine were strong, and had a faster TTK.
> I'd take reticule bloom over getting killed in mere seconds of leaving cover.
git gud and stop positioning yourself like a retard

>most of the sandbox was usable what are you even talking about
Literally nothing but the shotgun, rocket launcher, sniper, and DMR was ever worth picking up.

>It was less dominant in 4 than it was in Reach, despite being comparatively more powerful.

You obviously never played the fucking game then. Every single map with open space was ultimately fucking destoryable by the spawnable mini-sniper, with ridiculously good accuracy and firepower. Maps became fucking hide and seek, just look at Valhalla and Complex. Absolutely awful. The DMR in Reach was less dominant because it was less accurate and far less powerful

>git gud and stop positioning yourself like a retard

My 1.9 k/d begs to differ.

Best girl coming through!

>Every single map with open space was ultimately fucking destoryable by the spawnable mini-sniper
Oh no, maps not designed to work with the game ended up being shit! Post-patch, everyone just used the BR because it was easier to land shots with and had a faster TTK.

> just look at Valhalla and Complex. Absolutely awful.
You're right, those maps are awful.

>The DMR in Reach was less dominant because it was less accurate and far less powerful
Every weapon in Reach was less accurate and powerful than the DMR.

>git gud and stop positioning yourself like a retard

>implying positioning was the issue and not the DMR

God you are fucking dense.

>i'm playing this game wrong
>so it's the game's fault i'm losing and not mine

>Every weapon in Reach was less accurate and powerful than the DMR.

And the DMR didn't break maps in Reach to the point where map movement was almost non existent and cover was essential. Plenty of weapons were worth using in Reach that would outclass the DMR outside of long range, the DMR in 4 was so overpowered that it would beat most weapons up close

>We'll Never See The Flood Again Edition
Why?

Yes!

Fuck you reach is great once everyone got out of the honeymoon stage of the armor abilities people just used sprint the competitive game was fine. Plus it had the best armor of any games, I love halo 5 but all the armor variants suck and look like power Rangers

>Plenty of weapons were worth using in Reach that would outclass the DMR outside of long range
Yeah, power weapons.

>the DMR in 4 was so overpowered that it would beat most weapons up close
It objectively wouldn't, since all of the automatic weapons had a faster TTK.

343 has no plans to bring them back into the series, it's all about Cortana and her dumb a.i orbiters now.

>Plenty of weapons were worth using in Reach that would outclass the DMR outside of long range
I love reachfags, they always make my shitty day better.

So everyone in universe magically forgets about them?

Who here misses the heroin rifle?

4 = 3 = H:O = 2 = 1 > Dewrito > 5

>finish my unlock grind
>finally have everything except what I'm guessing are preorder bonuses or some shit
>picking through armors
>I can either look through the sorted "collections" tab and try to interpret the thumbnail
>or I can go through my customization tab and scroll through all the shit until I reach like 30 back to back Legendaries
>while in-game, have load out weapons sorted in fucked up order based on unlock order rather than something reasonable like attachment type, sight, etc

I really wish we could (re)sort our unlocks.

To be fair, they are threat neutralized 6 years ago that only lasted a couple of months.

Best Covenant weapon coming through.

Not trying to be a cocksucking fanboy, but aren't they done and over with? They put all their assets in one location (the Ark) and Master Chief Finished The Fight (TM)

Loved that thing -- it was like an FRG that didn't suck.

Aren't they still floating around outside the galaxy waiting to pop up whenever? Plus, every Halo has a facility for the Flood.

And the second best.

Did knowledge of the Flood ever reach the general population, or is that information all classified?

>Yeah, power weapons.
Isn't that the fucking point? Reach had barebones weapons in its loadouts, so it focussed on weapons on map

>Thinking it wasn't the worse game in the franchise makes me a reachfag

All you're doing is making yourself sound like more of a fucktard resorting to shitty buzzwords because you don't understand proper games design and think the DMR was not an issue in 4, even though the developers even acknowledged it and the majority of the fanbase acknowledges it. Theres a reason it isn't a base loadout weapon in 5 and why it is REQ level 6, it's broken and doesn't fucking work

Maybe -- probably -- but they were dormant for millennia after the Forerunners activated the Halo Array, weren't they?

Might just be that within the cosmologically tiny amount of time the Halo series is taking place, they haven't come back.

Maybe in Halo 80, a few hundred years from now (and set thousands more years in the future), we can expect a resurgence.

>Isn't that the fucking point?
It would be fine if Reach didn't have such a bloated arsenal of useless automatic weapons.

I have no idea what your talking about the spiker useless blasphemy.

>comparing weapons between different games as if they're the same
If it was such a widely-recognized problem as you say it is, why didn't it get nerfed in 4's turbo update?

The Spiker - you mean "Needler that doesn't have tracking projectiles and doesn't supercombine"?

Weapons ARE all the same!

I mean, the magnum was amazingly OP in Halo 1 and has remained so ever since, right?

No, he means the projectile weapon that has bullet drop and doesn't actually do any more damage than the hitscan weapons.

Brilliant balancing, Bungie. Typically the hard weapons are the stronger ones.

I know. I was illustrating the negative points of the Spiker.

I was also illustrating a negative point of the Spiker.

The spiker is the greatest brute invention made for brutes by brutes and if anyone disagrees they're speciesest and probably a heretic.

I like this Brute invention better.

I like it when your flesh is seared.

I wish it could've come back, as useless as it was it was fun to use

It wasn't useless, it was just weaker than the normal shotgun. It felt more balanced.

Maybe they'll bring back Brute weapons and dual wielding for Halo 6

>Brute weapons
Maybe
>dual wielding
It was never necessary.

It was at least an interesting concept, they could always lower the accuracy for balancing

Do you think they'll add the Brutes back in since they're making a resurgence in Wars 2?

>spiker
>not the chopper

>meme pic
>[embed]
>"we will never see the flood again"
We're seeing them In February you retard

Where did you go?

Based on how thin Vale's armor is, she would have to be lightning-tier thin

VROOOOOOM

That's Sarah, but your point still stands

>February
So they're going to be in Wars 2, then?

>>February
>So they're going to be in Wars 2, then?
Yes

only one killtrocity...

Posting best forge world map

Cliffhanger was great. Made great balance of jet pack with other AAs

What the fuck is wrong with you

The Needler will always be the best Covenant weapon. It has been consistently good across every game in the series.

Agreed

Has science gone too far?

>It has been consistently good across every game in the series.
CE

Perhaps

It was a fucking powerhouse in CE.

The needler is the best weapon in the CE campaign

Playing through SPV3 it's saved me more times than I can count

But that's the strongest version.

>180 rounds maximum
>20 rounds per magazine
>supercombine explosion is the size of a rocket explosion with a little less damage
>ridiculous range

To the land of the big guys

It's literally worst weapon in multiplayer.
It's meh in campaign.

>mfw the HCE rocket explosion

It's decent in campaign because you can supercombine dead bodies multiple tmes.

>It's literally worst weapon in multiplayer
Dis nigga serious?
>It's meh in campaign.
Oh, I see. Dis nigga retarded

>that blood fountain when you get a direct hit

>tracking breaks if someone moves an inch
>slowest projectiles in the game
How is it not the worst MP weapon in the game? Name something worse.

Were you playing statues?

Replace rocket on Eden/Empire with fuel rod

The rocket works on some maps, but not here

The Fuel Rod would be even worse.

Don't bother arguing with these guys.
They've obviously never played CE LASO

I wasn't ready to fap today

Who champion here?

Nobody

What's the easiest playlist to rank up in?

Never cared enough

I want to believe

Hopefully never

you will never get another female spartan in a DoA game

Fuck off Rath.

>What's the easiest playlist to rank up in?
Free For All, because there's only 6 people and the top 3 get to rank up.
Also, for some reason, if someone quits the match, as one person often will, the top 4 people will then rank up. I don't know if this is a bug or if it's intentional for some reason.

There are however a few catches to playing Free For All...
1. It's the most agonizingly annoying playlist to play. People will consistantly leech your kills and you'll often be killed by someone else as soon as you beat someone else.
2. It's going to tank your Win/Loss ratio, which you really shouldn't care about anyway, but just know that while the top 3 rank up, you need to get 1st to get a "victory"

I thought free for all had 8 people?
If then changed it then good. Because 8 people was a fucking cluster fuck