/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /gwt/)

Lost and Found Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

I'm going to impregnate Cirilla

fuck off, Emhyr

Geralt, please could you contain yourself just once?

Ciri is for hugging, and nothing else

LASSIES GOT TITS

They are not ________. They are not stupid.

no

Americans

>you'll choke to death on three pounds of steel

What did they mean by this?

>OOOOOOODDRRRIIIIIN!

That you'll choke to death on three pounds of steel

I just now beat BAW so I was on a witcher media blackout over spoilers, missed out on all the discussion. what's the general consensus on BAW vs HOS?

That you will meet an horny Imperial Guardsman.

Kys yourself

In short, BaW had a better world and side quests, HoS had a better story.

They were both still loved though and BaW in general was really massively hyped and got good ratings everywhere. Imo after HoS it was a bit of a let-down in the story department, but clearly I'm in the minority so meh.

>rats on ng
>rats with thousands of HP
>rats with skull level
>rats that are literally more powerful than some bosses

this...

this is a fucking joke right?

this is just fucking stupid

rude

they are op so that triss wouldn't look pathetic for needing geralt's help against them

Did Regis masturbate himself with Dettlaff's hands?

there's a mod which fixes this obvious game bug right?

surely the devs aren't retarded enough for this to be intentional

I don't know

no idea, i haven't played the main game for a year

but yes the devs can be retarded at times so it's hard to say if it's a bug or not. i'm inclined to say that according to them it's probably working just as intended

Hello I'm new.

What does Yennefer smell like?

sure love getting stuck on trees

I still can't believe how poorly Roach controls

Penises.

Istredd's cologne

>obvious game bug right?
Yes
Options -> Enemy scaling -Off

As Istredd loved Archaeology (

I liked BaW a little bit more than HoS just because it gave me a new beautiful region to explore. They're both great and imo more interesting than the main game.

Is there rule34 of the Crones?

i'd take away some of their goty awards just for the abhorrent horse controls tbqh

I have to do a school project that consists solely of making a trailer for a book. I'm doing it about the Witcher books but i have no idea about what to make it. What kind of short story would you do Veeky Forums?

The ones involving Ciri, it really gives a super emotional response. And it has a happy ending in the short stories too!

Hmn.. I planned on doing some sort of contract or something like in the cinematic trailers but that could work too

Just do a fight between Geralt and three-person gang which hunts Yen and Ciri in Blood of The Elves, if I remember correctly. The head of the gang was "Professor", and Geralt cut them all to pieces and then said to the bartender "If ever you will see any comrades of these bandits asking about their fate... Then tell them they got bitten by a White Wolf"

What's the general consensus on Enemy Scaling though? Is it recommended for a new player for a completionist playthrough?

I'd draw a few scenes in minimalistic style, then use a similar zooming effect and subtitles like the game does to create motion.

fuck no. Leave that shit. The game is good without lvl scalling and I have no idea why actually they implemented it. It fucks the game in a few places - a LOT of people talk about stupid RATS being unbeatable on higher difficulty lvls. Also one guy had problems with Djinni when he was 7 lvls higher than the quest... And for me Djinni was fuckin' easy when I played without any lvl scalling.

>The game is good without lvl scalling

Okay then. Any solution for the "underlevelled quest rewards" issue? I tend to play slowly and explore every single corner before advancing the main plot even further. It just feels natural to take a breath every once in a while instead of chasing some pre-defined goal like a maniac 24/7.

they added it because people had been complaining about how easy it was to get overleveled and lose the challenge since release. honestly they should have just scrapped the whole concept in development and replaced it with proper scaling from the start that's tweaked not to screw the player over in stupid ways

If you walk around and grind the game then why are you surprised that you get overleveled?

That happens, of course, but when I played it I did ALL the sidequests I could before main quests (mostly in order in which game tells you to - as you have quest lvl in your journal, I did lowest lvl sidequests first) and you know what? My challenge didnt dissapear. Bosses and unique monsters often were a challenge even if I was few lvls above them.
They were easier, of course, than if I would go to them being equal in lvl, but they still can kill you in few seconds if you arent careful.

And about weak rewards - well, just play further and be happy you have good equipment, you will find better one eventually, not every quest has to give you new best sword or armor, right?

This game is made in a way that your character is mostly a glass cannon. If you're good with dancing around, you can kill everything, it's just a matter of patience. But if you do it and break your own experience then you have only yourself to blame.

same person, continuing:
Equipment system in this game is specific and I agree that it could be made other way. But as it is you will mostly have best equipment you can for your lvl and that's that. If you dont, something will drop quick. If you have - then you will find shit, as already you've got the best you can. It's just like that.

And about quests - it's made to give you a choice. You don't have to do everything to be able to finish the game. Sounds like common sense, right?

So that's the ,malus. If you DO everything, then you WILL get overleveled. It's that or that.

But seriously, I didnt notice being overleveled to be a serious problem which devoids the game of challenge.

Damn, I don't know how high lvl you have to be for the Arachasae to be easy enemies. They attack in horde, can immobilize you, poison you, and their attacks do a lot of damage.

Damn, in this game dogs can be serious threat.

So can anyone care to explain to me why exactly Gaunter O'Meme is literally the best antagonist evurr for you guys?

He's literally
>muh Faust hommage - the character

>Bait the post
Would you prefer SPACE elves mister?

I would greatly prefer a Dragon who brings the apocalypse and raises the undead. And he should also travel through time. I'd call him Balduin or something.

That would be much more nuanced and interesting than this fucking spoon autist

>all these uncalled implications and unnecessary tone

Either way, thanks for the detailed posts. Maybe I should have worded better but grinding is not my thing, I merely do what feels natural and try to grab every opportunity to earn a little extra. I'm currently replaying W2 and comfortably finished both Floatsam and the area around the Camp in literally 3 in-game days each.

Sounds like I have nothing to be worried about in W3 though, despite the whining about certain issues here and there. And since I wanted to play it without absolutely any guide or tips or anything whatsoever, it was important to know that my time not going to be wasted by unfortunate game design. Again, thanks for the input!

never felt about him that way... Still, he is something else that most games accustomed us to.

Cliche: The Videogame

They would be more interesting if CDPR wouldnt change them. Their elite troops were called Red Riders - so no sauronese black typical villain armor. Also, Wild Hunt was an illusion which they used when they wanted to steal people for their experiments - humans were afraid of the army of undead galloping through the heavens, so there was no reaction.

In books they were only interested in more lebensraum for their kind and slaves. And they treated Ciri as their property, as she was effect of their own genetical experiments (which got fucked up when their special genetic lamb, Lara Dorren, gave her ass to filthy human)

something about the crones questline just blows me away, their design alone is fucking stellar

now if only the antagonist was of this quality instead of wild hunt being scary space elfs

Just finished Witcher 3, what a fucking ride. Honestly the best game I have ever played, but now I feel empty inside.
Going to grab one of the expansions soon, should I go for HoS or just straight for B&W?
Also, any games to temporary fill the hole untill I get the DLC?

Do HoS first, then B&W.

Which ending did you get?

HoS first. I wozld say that it is arguably better written than the main quest of the base game. It's a quick 10 hour DLC with very memorable moments quests and characters. The main characters Olgierd von Everec and Gaunter O'Dimm are fantastically written. Also, B&W is supposed to be Geralt's last quest, so playing HoS first is mire logical

Ciri is a witcher, Radowid is dead and Yen is with me.
Dunno if there's more.

Dijkstra or Roche?

Oh, Dijkstra is dead too

Thaler

It's because the theme of the crones is awesome. Seriously, the soumdtrack is amazing and contributes so much to the general athmosphere

Did the books or games ever make you cry? If yes, which parts?

If the Northern Kingdoms are supposed to be fictional poland, why are so many character and location names German?

Sorry for the tone, I just have the feeling that people are trying to find a problem which I didnt feel at all when I played. And I really tried to do everything that's possible in this game, I am big fan of Witcher universe. And I'm rather a strict person, so if the game was bad or had problems I would be first shouting with anger about that. Like I shout a lot about Fallout 4. I loved old fallouts and DAMN I AM ANGRY about what bethesda made with this universe.

And when I'm thinking about overleveling this game... Well... I find it hardly possible. W3 does not give you experience for enemies (i think?), only for quests. And a lot of sidequests give a very symbolic exp rewards (like 8 points, while amount for next lvl is always 1000)... The biggest exp rewards are for main quests, they can give even a two or three lvls for one quest. depending on how powerful you already are.

Books: nope
Game: nope, but it was close when Vesemir died, rest in peace grandpa.

you'd never ask that question if you knew history

sapkowski is also a massive history buff so thats why, anything about poland will inevitably be about germany because the territory switched hands more times than you can count

germany wasn't even a thing back then anyway

They made me cry thinking why I was wasting my time making virtual characters romance

guys just finished b&w, got syanna and anarietta to make peace and have incestuous lesbian sex happily ever after, but my life is meaningless now

>ywn listen callonetta's wolven storm for the 1st time again
>ywn get drunk with your witcher bros and dress yennefers clothes
>ywn have a snowball fight with ciri
>ywn get possesed by a ghost and go to a wedding with shani
>ywn visit the painted world and help iris
>ywn go to the land of a thousand fables and fuck syanna without gravity
>ywn go to a secret mission with anarietta
>ywn help triss hunting rats and follow her to the labyrinth and kiss her tenderly
>ywn retire with yennefer in corvo bianco
>ywn live in toussaint
>ywn play the witcher for the 1st time again

why even live ;_;

Only Redania is based on Poland, look on the crest.

I think seeing Iris and Olgierd on a portrait, all happy together almost brought me there.

Also the No place like home quest almost made me cry from laughing. It's so rare to see legitimately funny moments in games, the industry takes itself too seriously most of the time

>Like I shout a lot about Fallout 4
So do I user... So do I

kys yourself faggot

>kys yourself

sorry

Is there a logical reason to help Olgierd at the end of HoS?

I found him charismatic and felt sorry for him as he was crawling away from O'Dimm, but the more I think of it, he should'nt have been saved by me

Sorry for what

autism

>siding with the devil

standable gwent when

Why is Skellige so comfy guys? Just slowly walking around, looking at everything down below while standing on the top of a mountain and listening to Fields of Ard Skellig makes me want to lie down and drift away into peacefull sleep.

Will I ever be more comfy than that?

standalone*

mind what the fuck

Because sympathy and

This

Well Gaunter O'Dimm could seriously fuck up Ciri, Yen and Triss should Geralt cross him. I feel it's out of character fro Geralt to risk his family to save Olgierd von Beckham, a random asshole

beta in september on xbone and pc

agreed man, skellige is one of my favorite vidya locations, the atmosphere is just incredible

O'Dimm is a threat to everyone.

As I see it, you only temporarily banish him, so as soon as some other idiot summoned him, he is free again and will probably come after Geralt and his family

Olgierd has a good Gwent card and that's it. He's a total asshole otherwise.

Actually nothing is based at all. The crest was made by CDPR and all Poland references are ours alone.
Sapkowski never said he based it on anything and never made any graphic material. I think he did describe Redania's coat of arms as eagle, but well, there's a lot of countries which have this animal in their crests and it does not mean it's exactly like Poland.

Yeah, Olgierd's old residence was pretty sad place. I felt for that ghost, damn.

You don't need any guide for playing it. Just get along for the ride. And don't get angry when you don't get the best possible outcome for everything - that's the game is about. It's not a modern rpg in which you cannot make any mistake - here you really CAN fuck things up if you dont think and listen - and that's were the fun is. Your first walkthrough does not have to be perfect.

There's no way you can make a game impossible to finish anyway, if you fuck something up someone will die, someone will suffer, but it does not block you in any way ever.
Choices will be hard and you will be in doubt, And that's exactly how it should be, DONT check the consequences on the internet before making decisions. You will be surprised and you will have fun.

great pic : D

That depends on you. Olgierd is not a moral person. He left his wife and made her suffer, and her only fault was that she loved him strongly. He killed and maimed and found fun in it. He was more interested in playing around than anything else.

Dont, you will freeze to death

damn, he is a fucking devil. But he is not a vengeful person. He finds pleasure in fucking with people, that's all.

honestly i get that feeling a shitload of times

you are going against the witcher code

most of contracts are about people not about monsters and geralt ends up doing something he did not sign up for

while i love the game it does not reflect the feeling that you are a mutant and you belong nowhere but with your kin and ciri

i find the romance part shit too, both are bitches

Is this bitch in blood and wine? Barely started it.

why are you asking for spoilers instead of finding out yourself? and yes she is

>no Iorveth in Novigrad
>no Shani as third romace option
>Dandelion and Zoltan are barely in the game
>Roche looks like a retard now
>Roche is suddenly fine with becoming a vassal state of Nilfgaard
>Dijkstra is suddenly a powerhungry brute

10/10 game everyone

Well, If you read the books you will know there is no witcher's code, Geralt made his own. And as he had amnesia... Maybe he just does not remember it.

Will Iorveth and Saskia get some story in the Gwent game?

There is a woman who looks a lot like her, but I dont think they're the same person. Also they're different monsters (in trailer that's lowly vampire). However she sings the same song, but in different circumstances.

Olgierd is a dick, but O'Dimm is even more of a dick. That was my line of thought.

Help, Ciri is going to rape me!

Didn't want to miss it. Is it a main sotry quest or random contract?

I'm still mad I didn't get to see the vodjanoi city in Witcher 1. Niw we finally have the technology for bitching underwater cities yet vodjanoi aren't even in Witcher 3 :(

throughout the game we are being told by literally all witchers that people dont like them, try to avoid pay and even after helping they dont respect them

im no bookfag but something wrong here

i would have loved a less emotional game
i just want to get contracts, track monsters down, kill them, get paid

70% of the quests meme you

ciri part is ok i guess because she is one of them but the rest sucks dick

>no Iorveth in Novigrad
They fucked up I agree, but nobody cares about scoia'tael anymore
>no Shani as third romace option
Geralt got his memory back, he's not going to romance a literally who girl
>Dandelion and Zoltan are barely in the game
At least they shine whenever they're shown on screen
>Roche looks like a retard now
???
>Roche is suddenly fine with becoming a vassal state of Nilfgaard
There's no other way honestly, he did what he could
>Dijkstra is suddenly a powerhungry brute
Well, he was a spy and spies like to get more powerfull

it's part of the main quest

have you played tw1? because what you're describing is very close to tw1

Well, it's like in the books. Theyre about a monster hunter with scruples and philosophing a lot about how world is shitty and people are whoresons. Games are no different.

And yes, Witcher's are widely hated. Theyre a dying relict of ancient times, in which humans had to fight for every inch with monsters. Most people fear and despise them because theyre different and from ordinary folk' point of view insanely powerful.

Do they even make witchers anymore? I know that wolf's school doesn't and they also said that only a few from cat's school remain, but what about the other schools?