/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Death Edition

Tips:
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
You don't need pawns, but they help.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Make sure you understand the romance system before you get too far: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>NEW /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

> Old /ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/150pTBJ-IJ8ktH3mzObUI5pA4Rzsh88rfgFpwZf9wxe8/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Collection of small mods (model/color swaps etc.)
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Current mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

Previous Thread:

Holy hell is Bluemoon tower designed badly.

There are so many places where you just fall through walls and floors, making exploring a pain in the arse.

>get a chimera strategy v2 from a chest
>jump to a nearby platform
>fall throught to my death
>retry
>opening the chest again
>nimble earring

I'm angry.

I never had any problems like that myself. I've only fallen through the world at that slide in soulflayer canyon and a rest room in BBI.

Honestly the ring is probably more useful anyway. Chimeras don't exactly have very advanced strategies.

>Got the Dragon and Giant to Fight
>The Dragon is Dead and the Giant is staggered,
>Go in for the loot
>Got 2 BBI3 Items
>A Gargoyle Swoops my ass up and drops me off to the up and about Giant
I die

>Respawn the Giant is in the middle of the area but in his trapped state and the Dragon nowhere to be found
Pic Related
>Going for his Giant Loot
>DRAGON APPEARS
I ded

Still need people to hire Saskya for knowledge and shit.

>Knowledge

knowledge of monsters or whatever they called it in the english version.

>Saskya
Gotcha post them stats so lurkers can hire.

Is it worth it to build a Mystic KNight without a magic shield, just a sword ?
I dislike the use of shields in general but it seems pretty retarded to not use one as a MK since all the skills you miss and the nature of the class.

Max level sorceress.
I already had her maxed everywhere in my previous save but I corrupted it by trying some mods...
I had to rebuild her all over again.

So... my pawn ran towards Selene for some reason and lightly "nudged" her and now she ran away.

What do? Will she respawn without being scaredy cat in the witch's house after few days?

Just exit the woods and come back.

Post happy Arisen

Wew, you were rite. I was worried i'm gonna lose my future waifu~

>Fighting a badass storm dragon to badass music in the beginning of BBI round 2
That's what I'm fucking talking about. I almost lost my faith in the game when I had to fight the final boss to sailor moon music. This was the first time in my gaming life that I muted the music for a final boss.

Literally a Teedus face.

There's no reason to not bring a shield for the weapon buffs, at least. I mean, most of the shield skills are buffs so if you REALLY wanted to go without, you could. But it seems kind of silly when that really is what like half the class is about. Too bad you can't put a staff in the shield slot because I would find that a lot more fun, myself.

>Just put everything on

>default character model

>DA2 scar

Yeah, more or less a NG+ Savan

The default hair and stubble is just too good to screw around with

I was seeing if I could work that one into my fashion at the time. That's the REAL hard mode de gozaru.

How would being ranged at a times affect your pawn if it's constantly either fighter or warrior?

Also is the thing as to what your pawn can learn from you even more sophisticated than the inclinations and how many stars the enemy type has? Like will it actually copy what you do like say you jump everywhere like crazy nonstop will it copy that?

jesus this game is fun

currently running through BBI and falling off everything high

It's not often you are at maximum range from anything so it's not much of a problem. You could try to give your pawn Pioneer or Scather if it keeps running back to you, I guess?

Your pawns apparently don't actually learn much from you, but at the same time my warrior pawn started jumping around a lot for seemingly no reason at all when I was playing a sorcerer and would jump all the time to get the Eminance augment to apply to my focus bolts / to cancel some animations. I guess that doing certain actions yourself may up the chances that your pawn may catch onto them, but they learn those same actions on their own either way.

Supposedly pawn training is a myth.

(Through three separate characters, I think I've noticed my main pawn not bothering to destroy barrels/boxes most of the time before I start to give it the idea, but that could just be me seeing what I want to see.)

So /faddg/, which one should i go with? 1 is the one i've went so far.

Friend just got DDDA. Will my pawn be super expensive for him to hire because of the level difference or does he get a discount for being my friends? Would it be too much of a crutch if I ran his pawn through a few offline Urs or drake fights?

I suppose Mage is a good main pawn for a Warrior\Fighter Arisen guys?

I kinda want to make a badass Merlin\Mordenkainen.

At first I wanted to make a Rogue, but spent too much time trying to make garrett.

It's free to use if you're friends and getting him RC is not going to be a problem, you need a shit ton later.

Try it and see what you come up with.

> but that could just be me seeing what I want to see.
Yeah, likely. No matter how hard i try i cant telepathically make my pawn to trash barrels or loot shit from the ground unless it's some useless rocks and such i've no need though sometimes i see her dodging via jumping in battle which i do a lot but i'l wager she'l move back to blocking once i change her to fighter.
>Supposedly pawn training is a myth.
Likely, wouldnt it be pain to code anyway if it were _that_ sophisticated instead of just "simple" inclinations?

Stars probably just meaning that with 2 stars they know that cyclops club hurts so better not get hit.

>you need a shit ton later
For what?

These enemies literally never drop level 3 stuff though.

the bbi lottery

2's not bad. Sloppy hairstyles tend to work well with sandy blonde, imo.

You can just stack up on curatives and make a Sorcerer.

Hired pawns don't gain exp, so unless you're yalking about giving him postgame gear (don't do this) or pawn knowledge (which can be pretty helpful in a first playthrough), there's not a lot of crutch you can offer him doing that.

Her body looks abnormally slender in those shots. Is she a loli? If so, why is she dolled up like a whore?

Just realized you meant dragonforging equipment. Ehhh, as long as you're not rarefying shit for him on top of dragonforging it, I wouldn't worry too much one way or the other. Beginner equipment still isn't that good dragonforged. Ask him how much of a challenge he wants, I guess?

Lolis want to be pretty women too.

>Would it be too much of a crutch if I ran his pawn through a few offline Urs or drake fights?
Yes. DD is all about adventure. Let him claim his own rewards.

Please help me decide something since I'm literally a mindless pawn with no free will or thought of my own, sorcerer or magick archer?

I'm level 40, I fucked around as a sorc until level 30 and then switched to MA out of boredom, had a lot more fun as MA until I went to fuck that metal golem in witchwood and couldn't for the life of me break that hanging medallion. So I switched back to sorcerer, got a decent staff, and then did the synchronized bolide dance with two of my pawns, utterly demolished the metal golem and regular golem with ease.

Now I'm wondering if I should stick with being a sorc, just getting a full sorc party and forming a medieval idol dance troupe of ass ravaging(bonus points for being a wizard because I fucking love wizards) or enjoy the adventure that comes with being an active part of battle as a flashy rogue/touhou boss. I've already got the sorc at full discipline, so I'm worried that it will just be this for the rest of the game if I stick to it.

It's a Rent-a-pawn announcement !
Octavia is a level 50 warrior with a counterattack theme.

She'll steal your heart !

End game armor and weapons lotto and
upgrades and dye colors/glasses.

What cutscene is this from? Dialog is unfamiliar.

Aelinore in the garden after meeting the Duke.

Do what you feel like doing. The game really doesn't punish you at all for switching vocations every five minutes if that's what makes you happy. Just keep a portcrystal on hand, stick it down whenever you feel like changing vocations, and ferrystone to the inn and back.

>should I be a wizard dance troupe or a toohoo

This is an impossible choice, sorry.

Compromised and went with 3, tried the light-blonde too but that just didnt fit like yee said especially for mc.
I'd prefer the term "halfling", you csi-scum shitlord. and i really like make-up'd chicks

>halfling
Where are her tits, user?

They should actually both have teetees on the mid-range.

postan

Thanks. I guess I just haven't watched that scene in ages and forgot the dialog.

I don't blame you for trying to purge Worst Girl from your memories.

The only way to really fuck up a build in this game is by wanting to switch to a magic class when you spent more than 150 level as a physical class. Same for the other way around.

Some upgraded weapons remove the risk for the most part. DA is an odd game, it wants to be an RPG but is "balanced" so stats don't matter much.

Isnt DD more about what you are wearing or most importantly how good weapon you have instead of permanent stats anyway?

Like minmaxing if i've understood correctly only makes you 1/4 or so better than someone who just fucked around as he pleased?

Ive been levelling my pawn as a sorcerer (aside from first 10 levels as mage) pretty much nonstop. Is it recommended to get a few levels in fighter? If so, how many?

5 class levels for sinew.

Pretty much. Having 500 more attack means you might kill a big boss a second sooner than not.

It is possible to give yourself low HP for a frail run, that's the best way to gimp yourself I've found.

>It is possible to give yourself low HP for a frail run, that's the best way to gimp yourself I've found.
All Ranger all the time?

No, mage to 10, sorc to 100 then ranger. Only self loathing Arisens need apply.

>storm turkey in BBI petrifies my main pawn and BTFO my healer
>finish it off myself
>tfw killing a boss with your last bit of stamina into Dragon's Maw
>boss mob goes into dying animation and you go into exhaustion animation

Is Prescience worth it for a fighter pawn?

Also what Pre-dlc fightar skills for pawn anyway if i want it to actually attack instead of trying to tank?

Well obviously removing the taunt whatever it was called is a good start but should i just throw 3 damaging shield skills or just 2, 1 or none so she'l use the sword skills more?

Only useful shield skills are the guard-break one, and the one where you million-stab from behind the shield.

So Shield Storm and Sheltered Assault i guess? I was about to have those atleast anyway, guess i'l keep the 3rd slot blank as there's no way to order your pawn to springboard you the fuck up.

Only stats that you can really screw up are your HP and Stamina, and even those you can more or less cover with augments/items.

>Sorcerer
>The drake I get in BBI 2.0 takes fuckall damage from magic and on top of that has its heart on the back

>Ranger
>The Drake I get is immune to anything physical

Why does this happen holy fuck

Do pawns ever make use of skills like launchboard, and if so how do I take advantage of it?

>be MA
>Medicore damage in either physical or magic and handle dragons, armor and eliminators easily
>have to stack periphats to do the 2 bars to get Matt Daemon to his warp phase
Give and take i guess
Strider is still the easiest Matt Daemon i have ever fought. Helm splitter op.

They do, and if you have the cinematic camera enabled, it should show you when they use them.

Ranger with Blast Arrows is best Daimon/Death killer. But Strider is also very good at killing bosses and is much better at fighting trash mobs than Ranger imo. Also online Ur doesn't give a shit about blast arrows, but Strider with it's whopping 2.5x damage climbing modifier to Kisses can put out ridiculous DPS.

So what do gud warriors do at max vocation?
I'm only at lvl 5 and so far it seems quite underwhelming compared to other vocs i've leveled.

Like im better off just doing light or jump attacks with even Indomitable Lash at full charge worth shit even if i manage to actually land it.

ARC
OF
DELIVERANCE

DING

>Think I read that Death vanishes after losing one and a half health bars
>Got one down with blast arrows
>Fuck it, now or never, use your first Maker's Finger ever
>Just equipped
>He fucking vanishes
>>
>Shoot it at some mad wandering pawn enemy out of frustration
Fuck.

Jumping attacks and grapples until knockdown into DELIVERANCE or lash, exodus slash for i frames, and the slash for horizontal aoe

>Maker's Finger for half a health bar

No, for a full one.
He just lost one and I thought it would take him another half before he vanished. I was out of blast arrows anyway and anything else deals fuckall damage

The corona slash for aoe*

Is the better version of Savage lunge aught of use?

TIS AUGHT TIS AUGHT TIS AUGHT AYE NAY E'RE TIS

Lash does better damage if you release it right as you hit max charge, so that may help you out. Otherwise Warrior does rely on its core skills more than most vocations - that's why they get an augment for them.

Arc of Deliverence is pretty much a much stronger lash, that takes longer to charge. You can slowly move around while charging though so it's a lot easier to position / time it. Slap on the augment to take half damage while charging and you can pretty much bust that shit out whenever you want. Works wonders for blowing straight through an enemies defense threshhold and will even knock a condemned gore cyclops to its knees so you are free to bash its eyeball in. The only problem I have with it is that it's actually a two hit move (the weapon making contact with the enemy, and the weapon making contact with the ground) so I've had elder ogres instant-reset into blocking stance after eating the hammer head to the face, cutting my damage pretty drastically. You can also end up knocking shit away with the first hit, making the second part of the attack miss. Overall it's still amazing, though.

I never really used it myself, but it can be handy. You can end it with the hilt uppercut early with one button, it's maybe jump or light/heavy attack, I don't recall. But it's pretty good at staggering things.

Lash is more practical
Arc is more fun.

I've never actually used special arrows, how do they work with skills like x-fold? Is it a single arrow used per fire, or do they use however many arrows you're actually firing?

Does the Witch Hunt quest have a timer? Will the townsfolk successfully lynch Selene if I wait to long to go there?

>You can slowly move around while charging though so it's a lot easier to position / time it
Aaw that's daaaamn neat, reminds me of Tera with it's warriors though better in tis' here DD as you wont get kicked from the party by your pawns for being one ;LOL JK! i'm bored

They use however many arrows. The only exception is the ranger skill whirling arrow, though it apparently doesn't work with blast arrows.

I never really use special arrows because you have to pop open the menu, equip them, go back to the game and shoot off however many arrows, then pop open the menu again and remove the arrows unless you want to waste the rest of them. For some reason they don't work with the item shortcuts - such a wasted opportunity.

>item shortcuts

thicc

>Strider with it's whopping 2.5x damage climbing modifie
what, core skill?

>almost level 40
>try to take on the drake
>barely do any damage
>takes like twenty minutes to get through three health bars
>run out of curatives
>die
Not only do I seem to do no damage with ice affinity and hundred kisses to the heart, but also my sorcerer pawn cast one (1) nuke the entire fight despite being Challenge/Scather.

What am I doing wrong, other than not abusing throwblasts and blast arrows?