/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

Swadian pride edition.

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:
E3 Bannerlord siege videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=705at0Pr4fM
youtube.com/watch?v=iObwq1WaxQ8

E3 interview by Techraptor :
youtube.com/watch?v=txjEMt7utvE

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/16

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/2ZjZZZpc

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

M&B VERSION ARCHIVES
>ftp://ftp.taleworlds.com/

user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

Module Recommendations:

>user's ACOCK minimod
mega.nz/#F!JRQ1DRqA!Evh-3Q3uQRbaLzR4LiQ85A
>Gekonewer
mega.nz/#F!itxViDAT!PhBfJWsjATkdqN28V2kZ5g
>Swedish Mayonnaise
forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=211788.0

1st for we need a conquest of the americas mod

Does anybody know if arrow damage is taken into account for Power Draw's damage boost?

it is

>>
>That's really hurts to fight at her side now

Leave her side, disband all your troops and wear something to cover your head. Raise an army of bandits and eventually become your own faction. Name that faction Uesugi Clan.
Declare war to her, convert her lords to your side and slaughter her troops, loot her towns, capture her burning cities and destroy her castles. Then, when she has nowhere to run, defeat her on a one-on-one battle and reveal your face again.
When it's over, keep her in your dungeons forever so she remembers every day how much she fucked up.

Then, before you become Emperor of all Japan release her and let her live as a peasant in the world YOU conquered.

How many fiefs I need to make kenshin mine?

Maybe I am cuck, but only I want to protect that smile

When is Gekokujo going to have demon nobunaga

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

I'm posting Conan until we get a decent Hyborian age mod.

Alright so my games of warband always look like such:

>go around and get all my companions
>run around doing bandit hideout quests until level 20
>grind tournaments for gold until I have dyeworks in most towns
>train up huscarls and xbowmen

This always takes me until 150-200 days and im just burned out on that character and want to start a new one, everrrytime. so then I go and read a forum post about someone saying they can pretty reliably take over the map by day 200 holeee sheet wtf am I doing wrong? how the fug do I speed past the early game?

>tfw you fix a bunch of bugs in diplomacy but you add a whole bunch of other shit so you can't release the patch for diplomacy

>trying to play as a merchant
>end up killink everyone on your way

Do you have any friends, /mbg/?

That's the best part. After you leave her to rot she will accept a marriage with you since you will have 9999999999999 renown.
Not soon enough.

only hire cav troops
caravan guards, mercenary cavalry and horsemen from taverns to get started, the rest you liberate as prisoners
destroy everything in your path

Kenshin is my pal.

There's a Sengoku Rance manga
>prepare for tears

rance as companion in geko when

yes, dunno if damage type makes a difference on the ammo though

How much renown do you need as a lowborn male to become a vassal in Gekokujo?

150 to start getting invites.

>page 9
started a new character, what should I call her?

Super Cunt

shovelface

WHORE

dave

Also what single player mods do you recommend, I would love to play some good total overhaul?

Titpikes

gekokujonewer

link in the OP

>
Please help user, I don't know which to pick, am I a male or a female? I am very confused. Also, what's the difference between the normal genders and the (male) options? As far as I can tell the (male) options result in female characters still.

so I enabled the upstab and crouching stuff but one thing I noticed is that apparently crossbowmen will randomly decide to crouch, and their reload animation clips through the ground

is there a way to enable crouched pikes but disable crouched crossbows?

it's a side effect of the crossbow slot being used for firearms in other mods like WFAS
>is there a way to enable crouched pikes but disable crouched crossbows?
not as far as i'm aware, unless you're playing a mod with formations and tell the ranged units to form ranks, then they'll just form a line and all be stood up
or if you just change the crossbow reload animation, though there aren't many out there

They count as men so you can have forbidden love.

why do people play grills in m&b? feels so wrong

waifufags

Give me some mods where I can play as a Mongol nomad plz

Floris might just do fine

What if I told you I were a girl and like to self-insert into videogames?

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

16th Century, its got it's problems but you can literally play as the Mongols.

You can ignore all the other options. Male and female should play regularly

homofags who want to marry their husbandos
1257AD, join the golden horde

there's an osp cranequin reloading animation where you wind up the crossbow, but it looks pretty silly without an actual cranequin model

I just wrote a short mission trigger that will disable crouching for crossbow-wielding AI

ai_crouch = (
0, 0, 0,
[(try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
(agent_get_wielded_item, ":item", ":agent_no"),
(item_get_type, ":item_type", ":item"),
(try_begin),
(eq, ":item_type", itp_type_crossbow),
(agent_ai_set_can_crouch,":agent_no",0),
(else_try),
(agent_ai_set_can_crouch,":agent_no",1),
(try_end),
(try_end),
],
[])

seems to work in game though I'm worried about the overhead of looping through every agent every second to see if they're using a crossbow

I don't know if this is related to the newest version of Gekonewer or not, but if I've finally tried out William in my party and I've noticed that if I get within a certain distance of him on the battlefield, his coat disappears. His whole torso and the rest of it too.

If I'm very far away it comes back, if I get right next to him it comes back, if I'm far away and zoom in on him it disappears. It'll be just his head, hands and legs fighting in battle.

Also this captcha just made me solve six fucking puzzles before letting me post. What the hell

fixed some errors by adding some additional checks

ai_crouch = (
0, 0, 0,
[(try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
(agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
(agent_is_alive),
(agent_get_horse, ":agent_horse_id", ":agent_no"),
(lt, ":agent_horse_id", 0),
(ge, ":item", 0),
(try_begin),
(else_try),
(try_end),
(try_end),
],
[])

Just how long does it take for the wedding feast to happen? I'm the king, my kingdom is not at war right now, yet it's been 20 days already and her father keeps saying that he'll notify me when everyone can arrive or something like that/ Maybe I should start a campaign then end it, isn't that what usually triggers feasts?

.py only right
is it OSP? i just stole it from knights the last battle and fixed an animation issue it had
i think it looks fine with the xenoargh arbalest model

Within a month usually.

>the sturgians are not slavs
>they're generic "le ebin vikings xD"

Does it depend on the current state of realm, or is it just a random event when the lord just decides to start the feast?

yeah it's osp. would you mind uploading the fixed animation?

and yeah, the script is .py only. just found a bug in it though when the player has a crossbow
though

it's in my current 1257, should be in the 1257_ani brf
for reference this is the original, you can see the weird animation bug in the middle i think

Is there any way to fix sieges and overworld map performance in AD1257? I'll even accept replacing the "bugged" siege scenes in AD1257 with regular Warband siege scenes, as long as they function properly.

How the fuck do you use the flail in 1257AD? It just spazzes out and dishes out attacks seemingly at random.

final version of the trigger, all the bugs are fixed now

ai_crouch = (
0, 0, 0,
[(get_player_agent_no,":player_agent"),
(try_for_agents, ":agent_no"),
(agent_is_human, ":agent_no"),
(agent_is_alive, ":agent_no"),
(neq, ":agent_no", ":player_agent"),
(agent_get_horse, ":agent_horse_id", ":agent_no"),
(lt, ":agent_horse_id", 0),
(ge, ":item", 0),
(try_begin),
(else_try),
(try_end),
(try_end),
],
[])

It will happen any time the lady's father/brother (whoever you had to get the blessing from) holds or attends a feast so it will be affected by war etc.
If it does take too long you can talk to the lady and get married without the feast but I'm not sure how long it has to have been.

either edit scenes yourself or replace them with other ones, but you'd have to find out which ones work and which ones don't
for overworld performance it's because there's so many factions and lords
it works better on horseback

>either edit scenes yourself or replace them with other ones, but you'd have to find out which ones work and which ones don't
>for overworld performance it's because there's so many factions and lords
Would it be possible to simply edit out some factions?

probably through source

I thought Gekonewer user was going to make a ranged youkai unit?

Well I'd prefer that there was a feast. Is there a way to increase the possibility of it happening, though? I have many lords and there hasn't been a single feast in my kingdom so far.

it might be a good idea to change 0, 0, 0, to 4, 0, 0, just to reduce the computation cost or some other number

If you do, get rid of the super irrelevent ones like out in the baltics.

I was thinking more like the north african factions and some mongol shit. Who the fuck cares about non-whites, I just want a Europe 1257

go play europe 1200 then

Every single mongol city is rightful slavic aryan clay though

Hold one yourself if you have a city or castle?
I've never tried to do much since I wasn't bothered about waiting.

checking it out now, thanks senpai

>sarai
>not mongol
sure thing buddy i'll come burn down your village after finishing sieging constantinople

The north african factions act as a islamic threat to the southern euro factions, like Tunis invading into Sicily/Sardinia

But you need a wife for that, and that's exactly what I'm trying to get.

Right, sorry I don't know what else to tell you.

*teleports behind you*
My, you keep posting this meme as if it was funny. Don't push your luck, kid.

>800x600

>that resolution

What are you doing user?

I've seen your posts, how do you even function my man

>swadian pride edition
LONG MAY HE REIGN

Decided to check the changelog between geko 3.0 and 3.1 and noticed they added some super duper secret quest chain that I've never seen, has anyone?

how do i successfully become a nameless rank and file pikeman in M&B?

i dont want to receive any recognition, just stab people along with everybody else just like me

Freelancer, or mods with Freelancer

freelancer

Freelancer

wow, neato

Rushing to the infantary on my war horse just to dismount behind them and start bashing their stupid faces with my two hander is so damn satisfaying. Also stoping cavalry charges.

>Villagers got attacked around Mori city, plz help kill the bandits
>kay
>spend a week scouring around said city
>fuck this, ctrl+t
>they're in fucking Oda territory

>tfw massacring prisoners

Those quests are fuckin shit
I had the same kind of thing but it was "around Rivacheg" and the bandits were actuall in fuckin' Yalen. I only found them because I had abandoned the quest and went down there for a tournament.

Troublesome bandit quests are bullshit on every mod ever, it completely justifies using ctrl+T. At least yours spawned on routable terrain.

if only you guys had 10 tracking skill so you can finally identify looter tracks to hunt down the bandits

I told you this would happen if you kept bullying me.
gofundme (doot) com/2dt475kk

There is no way your PC is so shit you have to play M&B at 800x600
Do you like live in the poorest parts of Africa and then stole parts from some old PCs even they threw out?

That's a great description, by the way.

insulting not slavs poster?

no shekels for you

>euro

As if I'll help a europoor

If I play at 1024xwhatever it gets a bit laggy, especially during large battles. Oh, and DirectX7.

I play games like Oblivion at 800x600, but I never really cared about the graphics as long as it's fun so that's ok, I'm just having a giggle.

Alright, so i stuck my hand in the cookie jar and got fucked.

I wanted to cheat a couple of fucking veteran swordsmen to reiksguard knights relatively quickly, and even the old ctrl-x wasnt moving fast enough so i decided to try shift L inside of the "talk" option with said troop. I guess what this did is make every veteran swords man level fucking 40 and impossible to upgrade. Awesome.

Anyway to edit the level/xp requirements of a troop without morghs editor (playing on mac)? Really not looking to do a clean install unless its truly fubar

so what's the changelog for gekonewer since 1.25?

Yokai castles.
Can bone Uesugi-chan.
Monk Headwraps don't show properly.
And not sure what else.

I don't think that should've broken anything, but I've never tried it

If you open up troops.txt, you'll see tons of units listed

Here's an example of of an Uesugi Spearman in Gekonewer:

trp_gekokujo_uesugi_spearman Uesugi_Spearman Uesugi_Spearmen 0 3145728 0 0 30 38 0
169 0 385 0 286 0 511 0 580 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0 -1 0
7 5 4 4 9
126 94 94 30 30 30 30
274 131072 0 17 0 0
17180934146 2350150802641323738 1970403 0 33270301903 5332252992743669759 2095487 0

You see that "9" at the end of the "7 5 4 4 9"?
From what I can tell, that's the level of the troop, so you should be able to just change that.