Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

Previous Thread:
/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.7 downgrade - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 10.5, otherwise OoT/PSMD/Freaky/Ninjhax)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.
-11.0 userland homebrew is now available via Freakyhax, OOT3D and PSMD, but don't expect CFW or downgrading without a hardmod anytime soon
-Pokémon Picross announced as new secondary homebrew entrypoint
-DS emulator in the works: gbatemp.net/threads/430223/
-New version of Decrypt9 out with full, untrimmed cartridge dumper: github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20160626

>Wii U
-New IOSU exploit details for developers have been added to WiiUBrew, but don't expect anything yet.
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-5.6 may get released soon. Use 104.236.072.203 to block future updates.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher
buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Where is the CIA?!

First for MHGen leak when?

MHX leak when?

Friendly reminder to read the OP and its pastebins, and fucking Google it before asking.

OP got it first

All those pictures of early copies of MHG and still no leak.

github.com/Possum/LumaLocaleSwitcher

Im trying to get this to work, i just downloaded the .cia but the app did not do what it was supposed to do, so I thought i had to use devkit

It fucking sucks. My roommate used to work at a local game store and she confirmed she could get the game early from them for me but the store is at a mall where a bunch of people are protesting the Tuesday shooting and it's not a good idea to go over there.
What kind of karmic retribution is this; couldn't it have happened in any other city

What is the differences between MHG vs the last MH game?

Which one should I play first, Oracle of ages or seasons?

doesnt matter

Ages Because of the subplot that happens because of that order

I'll trust you user

I say Seasons first, because Ages is better.

>Ages is better

Surely you jest

I need hardcore waifu games for my 3ds and psp

Senran Karuga 2 for 3DS.

im using luma though, what does it mean by "and everything is properly set up"

How difficult would it be to put cfw on my vita so I can dump a bunch of psp iso's on my mem stick and play them all?

I dont have a ps3.

If I have an o3DS in 10.7 but with an R4 and I want to a9lh, can I use Freaky Forms for freakyhax with the R4?

freaky forms is a 3ds game

Does the guide do something to fuck up your internet connection? I cant connect to online on PS4 since going through it

How do I turn on the 3ds for the first time without setting an account? It's pretty much forcing it on me.

Freaky Forms Deluxe ffs, scrap the bullshit.

You need a Vita on 3.55 or below, and without a PS3, your only option is to have someone who does have a lower firmware Vita and a PS3 set it up for you on a PSN account and then transfer the account and files to you.

Freaky Forms is a 3DS game. DS flashcarts can't play 3DS games. If they could, we've have been sorted years ago.

So is it not possible to make NAND backups and shit if your SD is 2GB?

yes its a fucking 3DS game

I'm retarded, I excuse myself, thank you very much gentlemen, I'll go jump off a cliff

Why are you still using the card your 3DS came with if you're going to be pirating? You can get a 32GB for $10, no excuse.

WHY IS 3ds.nfshost DOWN

Well is it possible to transfer my shit to a larger SD card if I'm on part 4 of the guide?

Anyone? The guide says not to link the nintendo network ID.

So there is no way to hack a vita without a ps3?

Don't accept the terms of use when you connect to the internet.

Yeah, no reason it shouldn't be. Just copy everything over. If you've already set up an emuNAND, you'll want to transfer that over too.

No, because you need to get at least one legitimate PSP game onto the Vita, and there's no way to get PSN content onto a Vita on a lower firmware without a PS3.

what a useless system

If you base the worth of a system on how easy it is to hack, you've got a bad sense of value, and also picked a bad time to get into console hacking, shit's more secure than it's ever been.

I'm trying to get AC:NL save manager to work but I keeps giving me "Missing target title" messages
anyone else know how to fix it, I haven't see it mentioned anywhere online

These are all coming on Monday. Is this everything I need to hack my 3ds?

make sure your firmware is on 11.0

If its 11.0 then I won't be able to hack it without doing physical stuff to it. According to everything and everyone I've read.

If it's on 11.0, you're fucked. Otherwise, yeah. If it's on 10.6 or below and has the browser installed, you don't need OoT or the powersaves.

so can I move or delete emuNAND.bin now?

you probably wont need OOT+Powersave kek

Most new Red N3DS XL are on 10.5 and under

What's the best way to do a complete collection of NES and SNES games on my 3DS? Should I use and emulator? Or install the CIAs?

Everyone said that 11.0s aren't on new 3ds's. Latest anyone has gotten is 10.7.

When formatting my sd card does it make any difference the "allocation unit size" I select? I used 32768.

just install the cia

there are no 11.0 systems even out in the wild

The tutorial has changed so much I can'teven find the relevant info anymore, where can I find a comprehensive guide to extracing emunand, creating emunand partition on SD and installing reinand?

Hey, guys. I hacked my 3DS waayyy back when it was a new thing. I downgraded to 9.something, and I'm running RXtools and installing .cias with FBI. Haven't bothered to read up on advancements in the scene for a while.

I'm anxiously awaiting MHGen, but I'm having issues with the demo and it's making me concerned that I won't be able to run the game when it does leak.

The .cias I install of the demo all hang at the 3ds logo. The solution everyone posts online is "lol just go to the eshop and it'll fix it," which doesn't make sense to me but whatever - except the eshop wants me to update which seems like a terrible idea. I found and downloaded freeshop which won't work either, apparently because my firmware is too low.

My understanding is that, since I have an unlinked sysnand and emunand, I should be able to just update my emunand like normal. But I'm not sure if this is the right course of action; I don't remember every step I took when hacking the thing, and however I set it up causes the entire device to reset if I tell rxtools to boot into sysnand (booting into emunand loads up the menu and works still). Just wondering if anyone knows the best course of action to get me back up to speed with how stuff works now so that I can keep playing new dumps?

For the record, I'm on a n3DS and can run MHX + Eng patch fine, along with other "cryptofixed" roms I've installed, but not the MHGen demo for whatever reason, cryptofixed or not.

Aw well just in case. Someone else said that and I could have just waited to see what the 3ds was when I got it, but I didn't want to wait.

Kek. Everyone has jumped to LumaCFW + A9LH for a while now.

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't happen. He might be the first.

For a complete collection you should use an emulator. There's a hard limit of 300 maximum installed titles, so you'll cap that before you've even got a fraction of the games installed.

Is there a cia version of a NES/SNES emulator?

Anyone?

Is it weird that my 32GB card only had 28.7GB availiable? I know space is reversed but for all the 32GB cards/USB's I've gotten theres usually 29.8GB availiable

what gives?

Thank you for the information.

There are .cia Retroarch emulators. Google it.

You want to update your emunand. Don't worry about it. As long as sysnand isn't updated you're cool.

>except the eshop wants me to update which seems like a terrible idea
>-11.0 is still the latest version. If you already have CFW (emunand/a9lh), you can update. DON'T UPDATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE A CFW.

The missing space is nearly the size of an emunand partition. Are you sure that's not it?

buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/nintendo/3ds/

Doesn't matter. It makes a difference, but not one you'll really notice.

Different manufacturers have different amounts of space reserved. Or if you've got an emuNAND partition set up, it'll be that using up the space.

You need to create a folder called "locales" in the luma folder and enable the region emulation option.

If I don't accept it, it doesn't allow me to connect at all though.

Nope I used Plailects guide and that deleted my emunand around part 4 or 5 or something

>Different manufacturers have different amounts of space reserved.

Ah guess thats it then

TIL I guess

bump I mean it says I only need the arm bins now right?
do I backup emu and sys nand bins in my PC?

please help I finished but I want more s p a c e

Is RXtools actually a CFW, though? I did this long enough ago that none of the stuff people reference now is recognizable to me. I hear terms like a9lh and Luma and I'm lost. That's all stuff that came out after I did my hack. I can figure that stuff out on my own IF I need to, I just want to confirm that I'm safe doing this with what I have or not.

For reference, System Settings says my firmware is RX-E 9.2.0-20U

>Is RXtools actually a CFW, though?

rxTools is a CFW.
Luma is a better CFW.
a9lh is the most advanced entry point for CFW. It works at boot time (like Menuhax) but before any other parts of the firmware so it can survive system updates. This is why a9lh + Luma setups typically run on an updated sysnand.

It is. Replace it with Luma. Takes like 5 minutes and is super easy

Yeah that's not it

All the manufacturer could do (legally) is make a partition on it, but if you formatted it with emunand9, then it should have only one partition.

rxTools is a CFW, yes. It's deprecated now, though, all the developers have abandoned it. You should switch to something else when you get the chance.
a9lhax is an exploit, it's used to start CFW instantly at boot, Plailect's guide walks you through setting it up.
Luma is another CFW, and currently the recommended one, since it's usually the most up to date for new features, and generally the most actively maintained.

New Therad!

ITT: People don't know what google is

Do the roms need to be in a certain folder?

How can I check if theres a hidden partition?

Well, this is exactly why I was asking all those idiot questions. I went ahead and updated my emunand and now launching emunand from the rxtools menu just gives me a permanent black screen.

>emunand
Well there's your problem, moron.

Also, MHGen when

Because rxTools doesn't support the latest firmware. Just switch to Luma, consider a9lhax if you feel like it's worth it.

probably your rxTools is too out of date.

Just put the Luma files on your SD and start using that instead.

Is a microsd in an sd adaptor fine for the o3ds?

Yes, most full-size SD cards sold these days are pretty much just that anyway.

yes

This is your average Japanese schoolgirl.

Sounds like a small price to pay. Get it for us, user. Be an hero.

Is there a way to dump a game's RAM without the spiderexploit that doesn't work on the latest firmware?

/hbg/-chan, daisuki~

Okay, I'm at the point where I go into System Settings and it says Emu in front of the version number, then I update RedNAND. Thing is, I got an error saying "Unable to update".

Any ideas? Everything has gone smoothly so far.

fuck off

All N3DS XLs are sold with firmware < 10 right? So downgrading wouldn't be a problem?

Other way around.

>have a question that isn't shitposting or something that can't be found in the pastebin
>never get help
>go to some other place like gbatemp
>get answered soon after posting

Why is this general so shit?
You faggots feed askfags and that's all this general has become. That and 'x-leak when'

no you

I'm about to system transfer from my gateway emunand O3DS XL to my N3DS running A9LH+Luma. Both are on 11.0 (only emunand on the O3DS of course)

Do I need to do anything special? Delete my pirated games from the O3DS? Remove ambassador or DSiWare games? Anything else?