Pokemon Go General /pgg/

Mythical edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi (embed)
Feel free to add more.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

fuking heck i can't find any POKE MON

WHERE IS TAUROS??

This chart is fake as fuck, piss off.

He's fairly common in my neighborhood. Two gyms within sight of my house have a tauros on them

Does this mean there is no way to get another starter pokemon?

Isn't anyone who starts late completely screwed? Half the gyms in my town are take by CP 500+ pokemon now even though it's only been one day.

How am I doing

Don't be a faggot. Go team Mystic.

The chart is fake. Rarity depends on your region.

And it's definitely, 100% confirmed possible to get all starters.

How long until they add the feature to battle other players you see on the street? Fuck trading

Is it just the first 150 pokémon?

>stealth 'look at my CP' post

Fuck off

>Use incense
>Server goes down
Fuck sake, what did I do to deserve this hell

For now

Holy shit guys Mew is real, fucking no chance capturing

>spearows are as common as pidgeys here

>Snorlax
>Myth
Speaking of, I ran by a gym with a 1200+ Snorlax guarding it

What in the actual fuck

At least he was TEAM VALOR!!!!!!!!

>Squirtle appears near me
>I chose Charmander as a starter
>it broke out of 4 pokeballs then ran away
FUUUUUCK

Welcome to niantic games. At least in Ingress you could easily level to 8 and higher levels didn't really matter, though veterans still have comfy home portals which you can't submit anymore. GO looks to be even more top-heavy.

How are some of u people catching pokemon at home? are you using incenses?

That's why I asked though. Are you retarded?

so theres nothing on my map or wild pokemon around??

what gives?

maybe is it cause its not out on my country?

>Have a shitter tablet that I can play on
>Don't have GPS shit so I have to wait for pokemon to come say hi
kill me

incense or spoofing

Where do you even get lucky eggs?
At lvl 6 and it takes for fucken ever to level up, but I have a bunch of candies to evolve pokemon for exp.

Has anyone here found grimer/muk yet?

>tfw level 5 while havent left home
I like this game

Isnt it 152? I've seen people post pictures of Celebi on the national mall & reflecting pool on FB but no one can even hit it with a pokeball, and there were screenshots of her there in the version before this

>tfw couldn't get outside since release
>tfw hopelessly fell behind eveyone

where do I get mew?

they;re all over the place.

The fuck? XL ratata to this...

why are people complining about getting lots of pidgeys?

Anything that's common with 3 evolution forms are GOAT

Muk was near me twice, couldnt be asked to leave home tho

this
>tfw 4 fearows already

>closest pokestop is a remote, family-owned church that is tucked away in a sort of hidden driveway

fugg

subway/metro stations!

anyone? ;w;

>tfw there is only 1 other bluebro near me
>i only know this because he took 1 gym in the middle of a ton of red gyms
>i have no way to contact him and paint the town blue together

Mew is only in time square during certain days of the year

is there any working spoofer for android?

This "Near me" feature is stupid, it doesnt even give you directions like north or south. You just have to randomly walk with your dick in your hand and hope for the best along the way

Could be a server connectivity problem. Restart the app maybe?

>threads tell me that parks are a shoe-in for good/frequent Pokemon spawns
>walk out all the way to the nearest park

>literally one Pidgey in the entire area

I was in a dark green, game-identified park too. Multiple Pokestops.

Why do you lie to me, PGG?

Do the accomplishment badges give any kind of reward? xp? they seem pointless

>name pokemon "BlueMeetHere" and shove it into the nearest Gym
>wait there
>make new best friend

gl user, maybe it's a qt shota boy

Which one of you fucks is JediJared and how the fuck do you have a 1112 Venusaur defending the post office less than a week of this coming out?

>Rhyhorn very rare
This asshole is near me 24/7, sometimes 3 of them, tf you talking about.

>can't connect
Fucking murricans get the fuck off my servers

its been like this for a couple days now

So, this is all well and good for us playing now. How on earth does someone catch up if they start playing this app a year from now?

I like how they spread out what mons you find.
You aren't the best trainer. You're just a little shit like everyone else you're stuck with your pidgy army until some rich little shit that can travel the world and dedicates his life to training comes and brutally fucks your common gym.
True to life

Pokemon was a mistake

There's some guy on the red team with a FFXI name
any time a red gym gets taken over it takes him

They don't.

Welcome to F2P gaming.

Is going innawoods profitable if there's no pokestops there?

>UH BUT MY ANECDOTE DISAGREES WITH COMMON STATISTICS XD
This site is for 18+, thanks and goodbye

Just spoof the shit out of your gps f᠎am

Sounds like Gary

Who's gonna be our Ash?

IAP ',:^)

>Staryu rare
I live near a river and it is always near me, caught like 5 of them, they are not that rare.

Also hyper beam

do i need to root my phone to do that? I've tried rooting so many times and never get it to work

>turning GPS ON/OFF to make my charecter move from my bed
lel going outisde

Anyone here GPS spoofing?
How long have you been at it?
How well does it work?
How safe is it to not get banned?

not him but common statistic isn't showing any source
the graph itself is probably based on a serie of anectotes

>welcome to f2p gaming

no welcome to any game with a leveling system what the fuck are you talking about the same could besaid about anything

What country? south america as a whole are pretty much turned off.
Spoof your GPS to somewhere on NY to check if your game is working

I tried earlier but found absolutely nothing. It seems there's a certain range around pokestops where they can spawn.

>using memes to prove me wrong
>fails
EKS DI
If its 18+ get out then.

No. Pokemon appear more commonly the more pokestops are nearby. If you go for a hike in some remote location you'll find almost nothing.

>serie of anectotes
which is how you get statistics
if only 1 person out of 1000 gets a rhyhorn then they're rare
who fucking cares if they're common for you personally

top lel, I approve of this shitpost

XL mons evolve to XS every single time i swear

Yes. There are billions of guides and tutorials on google for you to search. Go do your homework.

The difference with most games is that you're paired with people roughly your same level. It encourages balanced play because they want to retain as many users as physically possible.

F2P games specifically cater to the 10% of the userbase that will become so obsessed and attached that they end up spending hundreds of dollars on an otherwise worthless game.

This has been my experience as well

>only 5 pokestops nearby
ugh

who tells me the graph isn't made by only one person?
where are the proofs?

It's both Gary and ash. Some fuck comes to your town murders your gym with his autism. He doesn't sleep he rides a bike everywhere. You're just trying to have fun with the mons you can find around you. His autism takes the joy of Pokemon away from you.

>You just have to randomly walk with your dick in your hand and hope for the best along the way

no you don't. In the near me selection select the pokemon you want to track and when you're walking in the correct direction it will flash

>if only 1 person out of 1000 gets a rhyhorn then they're rare
>no source
>its on the internet so its true
Off yourself.

GO BACK TO YOUR COUNTRY IT'S A NORTH AMERICAN SERVER FOR NORTH AMERICANS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You think it would be a good idea to play this while walking my doge?

>epic
>magmar
>that one dude who has like 50 magmars

define nearby

I have 1 around the corner and 2 a little way down the street, but if I take a 30 minute walk I'm in the center of town and (atleast on Ingress) are a fuck ton up there

>only 2
>3km away from each other
>one in front of a restaurant so I can't visit too often or they'll know

Yes.
Get a powerbank just incase.

No way this gps is fucked. It stops flashing when walking the right way like every time

Continuing from the last thread...

I think pokemon differ by region. I live way out in the desert (New Mexico) and aside from the usual weak-ass shit, I've only been finding Safari-zone and fire-type pokemon. No water types, no electric types, no psychic types. Only bug or grass type I've seen is Paras. I don't think it's a coincidence.

Post the region where you live and what's common around there.

Did this all day today

Was p funny

A very good idea. I always turn it on when I take her out to go walking.

great for hatching eggs

like within view of the map from where i am

>Weedle/caterpie are nowhere to be found
>Haven't seen a single doduo

holy fuck, your dog can see it too. I need to buy a dog maybe then I'll find the fucking good pokemans

las vegas, tons of ponyta, tauros, magmar, geodude, paras and ekans

pretty accurate desu

It always works for me.

Maybe pay more attention to the way the character is walking on your screen than the way you're actually walking to get a better idea of the direction. Sometimes the character doesn't walk the exact same direction as you

>boo hoo only 5 Pokestops within a 5 minute radius :'(

sod off cunt