Dead By Daylight general /dbdg/

Dead game edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>Sounds like evolve
It's not. Survivors have to avoid the killer at all costs, whereas the killer has to hunt for them. Everyone has their own objective.

>General info
Pastebin with most questions asked: pastebin.com/DDddy4uE (embed) (embed)
Pastebin with peek at what's in the full release in terms of levels: pastebin.com/FE58REXD (embed) (embed)
Pastebin with all of the values (perks/items/whatnot): pastebin.com/vCh6gxR6 (embed) (embed)
Saved game with everything unlocked or whatever: mediafire.com/download/3qmzt3ok3p47xqw/TakeTHATsociety.profje

>Official site
deadbydaylight.com/

>Latest Patch Notes (June 29 / v1.0.2)
steamcommunity.com/games/381210/announcements/detail/951765661114719944

>Latest Hot Fix Notes (June 30 / v1.0.2d)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415738213931163/

>Report hackers
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/358415206087328621/

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=english
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This general probably isn't worth saving

well this game is dead.

Whoa, did it really die that quickly? I was just here three days ago.

I'm tired of this fucking bullshit it's every match

>Get hooked
>Killer sees someone trying to open the gate so he goes after him
>I get pulled off the hook
>Run to the other side of the map
Lets the othert survivors go
>Killer makes a beeline for me over THE ENTIRE MAP KNOWING EXACTLY WHERE I AM

Why even add a party mode? They already play together.

Probably had blood hound and was following your bloody trail.

I am blind as mice on the cornfield maps as the Killer.

Yeah. The inept dev team refusing to fix infinite juke points makes everyone HAVE to play trapper, and since everyone is running sabotuer now, no one wants to play killer, and with out killers you can't play this game period.

Game had promise, but the Devs are too retarded to care for it properly so its dying.

In case this is the final /dbdg/ thread i want to say it was fun while it lasted.

I don't understand how people can design a game like this and yet be so incompetent. I can't even program and I could balance this shit in a day.

why the fuck can't I vault while running reeeeeeeeeee I just bought this and it's fucking stupid reeeeeeeeeeee I hold shift and press space and nothing happenes reeeeeeeeeee killer fucking got me reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I doubt it'll be the last, but if the devs don't fix the glaring problem in the next 3 weeks or so it will be an officially dead game.

Why pay to play this when you can play evolve for free?
Yes, they're not the same but they're close enough to not fucking matter.

>No one fixes generators
>You escape because you were the only one who did
Wow... its like... its a core game mechanic or something...

I think the worst thing about infinite juke spots is they rack up a shit ton of points if you chase them. It doesn't even matter if you eventually fake them out and get them. They got enough for a pip.

And? You get just as many points for chasing them assuming you don't get pallet stunned

>typical Veeky Forums melodrama

Never change, Veeky Forums. Never change.

The idea of the being rewarded for doing something so simple just rubs me the wrong way.

Especially when its the last guy and you can either chase them for a good 5-10 minutes and wait for them to fuck up or just let them go.

I've never paid much attention, but don't you get points for chasing them? Sounds like a win-win to me.

Yes, but I play to win and have fun. Him winning as well because of poor map design and retarded point system is not fun.

>I'm only having fun if the other guy isn't

What a fag.

lol stupid tryhard faggot git gud scrub

Is running to a juke spot to teabag and slowly self heal really that fun for you?

Rank 1 faggot

>he gets THIS mad at being teabagged

>high level jake
>chasing him
>he goes to infini-juke spot and infini-jukes
>trap it and manage to put an end to his nonsense
>down him
>put him on the hook
>trap him
>stand a few feet away to make sure his scumbag ass dies
>2 people come in and dog pile the hook to save him
>they get him out but pay for it
but why though? they couldnt just go do generators?

>Winning is getting a pip
>I got a pip too but he "won" whaaa
Shut up

It was nice knowing you /dbdg/

Please, don't forget about your daily rituals.

You did remember to do your daily rituals, right /dbdg/?

Should I refund this on Steam?

Probably. They may fix its issues, but likely not.

lol shutup stupid crybabby faggot

Not as mad as the guys I catch doing it and force them to dc.

I bet you decorate your cuckshed with all those participation trophies you got in elementary school.

>Being this fanny flustered

>Dev team won't fix shit and its a known fact
>Cry babby XD!!!!!
Don't be this much of a shill cuck.

>Hear trapper take a swing
>Its a miss
>second later splat
Fucking lagfaggers

So to make the survivor I want have the best perks I need to level them last and level the ones I don't care about first?

Requesting that picture of the trapper and dwight with the toolbox, the "woah he's fast" one.

yes

Feels like the game will be dead by then

Dear Sabofags

Wait until 2 gens are done before you decide to be a faggot.
You and your team can't escape unless there's atleast 2 done and it helps push the killer away from areas of the map because its unlikely he'll patrol fully fixed gens.

Your bold points can fucking wait

Dear Meg

You see that generator I left running next to the hook I sabotaged? You know, the one at 99%

Be real cool if you didn't activate it, or the other fucking 2 I left at 99%.

this post is so correct it hurts. I had a blast playing killer but it's just unplayable now.

Devs are probably gonna kike it up with DLC, they probably haven't abandoned it, don't know why you're giving up so soon.

DLC won't fix window cheesing & rank 3 sab + small game.

They'll probably update it is what I mean, and you can't easily fix it anyways. Survivors need a chance

They have a chance, i miss the beta where juking meant outsmarting the killer not running to the closest window

The jukeshack was a piece of shit in the beta

They fixed it by redesigning it.

all they have to do is redesign those buildings to not be a piece of shit.

Remove sab 3 & small game. Period. Wow that was hard.

Window cheesing is more difficult but my suggestion is to at least relocate them so that they aren't right in the middle of the fucking map, within 5 seconds of sprint distance from any given generator.

Good survivors will just instantly make a break for the juke spot, which is always reachable as it is now. Sure you might get a hit on, but that's what self care is for ;^)

Window vaults are harder than in beta though

and you still get your ass juked you just don't know about it dumb fuck

Survival should have a stronger emphasis on wit, such as scooby doo jukes to escape or on stealth and never being seen rather than it doesn't matter if you're seen or not because you can just sprint burst to the nearest infijuke point and press space to victory.

Quit being salty bitches because you didn't kill all 4

Protip: If the survivor is silly enough to knock over a pallet, you can place a bear trap *much* closer to it than to other obstacles. Survivors won't know its there until they've already slid over it.

Stop being obtuse to a serious balance issue because its one you abuse yourself, faggot.

Finally had to chase someone around the pig tree. God that was fucking annoying.

>tfw you spam the chat of a twitch user whining about window jukes

>incompetent dev team
>cancerous community

Seems like a match made in heaven

Pretty much this.

>fine your waifu
>She's in a dead game
C'est la vie
I'll always love you meg

Game is dead pack it up go home Evolve killed it.

Being more alive than evolve doesn't make it not dead you mong

how much was the fine for?

>Wraith match on Autohaven
>It's the Wretched Shop
>Go into the garage and the Wraith finds me there
>Jump over the furthest window and run away
>Notice the Wraith isn't moving after me
>A moment later he quits

I wasn't even infijuking.

Wraiths get mad when they can't camp hooks.

>3 lagfag wraiths in a row.

>Just wanted some Trapper on Meg action
>Devs killed the game so I'll never see Meg get dominated by the Trapper like a little slut
life is suffering

Meg is pure.

Meg wants it and she knows it. She teases the Trapper all the time so that in one trial he'll use her exactly how she wants to be used - like a moaning mess of a slut.

By not having this game fixed on the exact same weekend that Evolve went F2P, they've ensured it's demise

HOWEVER this has been the most fun I've had with the game in a while, because most of the infinijukers have quit. I even started playing survivor myself and am having a blast and surviving WITHOUT infinijuking. high rank survivors a shit

I think she's more of a Hillbilly kind of girl.

MEG IS TRAPPER'S PROPERTY, SHILLBILLYS NEED NOT APPLY

case in point

Evolve will die again really quickly. It wasn't just the Semitic business model that killed it.

Evolve dying again won't bring people to this game again. This game had streamers pushing it, a Steam sale bringing tons of new people in...and they fucked it up. Evolve managed to steal a ton of it's thunder by having those same streamers suddenly become very vocally frustrated, and a playerbase that turned very sour very quickly.

It doesn't matter if Evolve dies again. DbD isn't going to be able to recreate the perfect storm that they lucked into. Fixing the game might bring some people back, but they screwed the pooch.

It will live longer than this shitty game

I don't think they've doomed the game just yet, but if they don't roll in a ton of fixes soon then yes it's done.

>store.steampowered.com/stats/?l=english
>Current / Peak
>25,001 / 41,036 Evolve Stage 2
> 7,939 / 14,670 Dead by Daylight

To be fair one is free to play and the other isn't. One is also a month old and the other just went free to play and may as well be new to most players.

This game is still probably doomed but I don't think Evolve will have any impact on this game.

They won't fix anything.
If they gave a flying fuck about their product they'd have fixed them by now.

Hell, everyone was pissed off because they didn't have "survive with friends" on release and they said "its a top prio as soon as we're done with e3" and where is it?

This game was a cash grab and nothing more and they don't give a fuck about it.

>Hell, everyone was pissed off because they didn't have "survive with friends" on release and they said "its a top prio as soon as we're done with e3" and where is it?
while I think this studio is stupid, this complaint is even fucking dumber

First, E3 was just a fucking month ago. That is NOTHING when it comes to introducing a brand new queue that will split the already dwindling player base. Second, since this game is already heavily skewed to survivors, "survive with friends" will be an auto lose for the Killer every single time without rebalancing, testing, and then more rebalancing.

Stop being a fucking retard . If survive with friends drops and the game is exactly as it is right now, THEN you can bitch.

>If survive with friends drops and the game is exactly as it is right now
Hasn't this already been confirmed to be the plan?

>confirmed
show me

I don't have any proof, I just remember seeing something on the forums that seemed to point that way.

>Its dumb to be upset that the Devs can't keep promises to their consumers
Shill much? Holy shit.

met this fella today, boy was he charming

shill this: you're a fucking dumbass, and the fact that you even WANT survive with friends confirms this, or it confirms you haven't played more than three seconds of the game. you played survivor, died, and thought "boy, this sure would be better if i could cheat"

KYS

>All this butthurt
Take your own advise sperg.

enjoy your dead game

infijuke it to the ground bud

I'm enjoying your anal devastation I'll tell you what.

Anyone else deliberately let survivors go when you think they deserve it?

I'm just here for a good time, man, I don't care about scores or whatever.

I always let Meg go. I keep hoping one will let me do lewd things to her as Trapper.

I sometimes let qt Megs go if they are the last one and I killed the rest. But I'm low level with shit perks so I don't get the opportunity to go easy on them anymore. Maybe once I'm level 50.

I help them if they got dicked by d/cs. I once let a level 1 rank 20 dwight live because he out lasted a bunch of 10 and lower ranks in the game, but usually no.

saturday night and nobody is posting. GG no re. Good luck Evolve

All they had to do was fix infijuking in the last patch, but alas, they want their game to die. They got their money, so why do they care?

sad part is that the game is still fun in low ranks.

I'm a rank 5 killer, and only got frustrated enough with infinijuking to play survivor this weekend. And because low ranks haven't learned to be assholes yet, nobody is inifinjuking, and everybody is playing the game. It's stupid fun. I'm currently trying to derank my killer which is a damning statement for a multiplayer game

I refunded it, first time I ever refunded a Steam game actually

>tfw i played it too much

>One dead, two escape, I'm the last one left but don't have enough points to rank up
>Decide to go for the hatch
>Killer is there and manages to grab me just in time
>He's a Wraith and the grab bug happens
>We're now sitting here waiting for the other to quit
>Start up a movie

You brought this upon yourself when you failed to show yourself at the door.

Ew no

I didn't realize how dead it was, even these threads used to have more activity. I've seen popular streamers up against each other as killer and survivor more than once.

Ofcourse its dead.

Why would anyone play a game who's devs stance is "pay us, fuck you and your pleas for balance."

Devs fault. Balance is out of whack, ranking system is so fucked 9/10 killers nuke the lobby rather than start the game, and I keep having games where the killer quits as soon as it becomes clear he won't win.