/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

Reminder that SteIIaris has its own general and discussion of the game doesn't go here. Thank you.

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, July 9th:
1776 – George Washington orders the Declaration of Independence to be read out to members of the Continental Army in Manhattan, while thousands of British troops on Staten Island prepare for the Battle of Long Island.
1944 – Finland wins the Battle of Tali-Ihantala, the largest battle ever fought in northern Europe. The Red Army withdraws its troops from Ihantala and digs into a defensive position, thus ending the Vyborg–Petrozavodsk Offensive.

>News
HOI4 DD17/06
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/hoi4-dev-diary-june-17th-patch-1-1-red-ball-express.949237/

CK2 DD 13 - Warrior Women
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-2-dd-13-pagans-advisors-and-warrior-women.955632/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive
mega.co.nz/#F!WZZFXDyT!yyb25ZuLdLs0B8vhoKS3LA

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2 - 2.5.2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.5.1 - 20/06/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V7
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2] Many Houses Divided - v 0.0.1.1
dropbox.com/s/jso7qa1c4ystej7/MHD.rar

>>[V2] - 7 Years v4.1
pastebin.com/fMCvXaAA

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04W3BeYmQaE
youtube.com/watch?v=e4OPSaX1PxM
youtube.com/watch?v=CXbtT3i7BBg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Incoming steamgroup butthurt.

Like a clock

Give me a nation for Vicky 2 please. I always end up picking chile or persia.

Nailed it.

Bukhara

Post historical waifus.

bad kind of historical for weird people

You better stick around

>Is there any reason to NOT automate trade?
Actually having a stockpile of shit you WILL need at some point. If you're merely civilized you'll want to buy all the shit you can get, esp coal and other stuff for factories (otherwise you'll end up with a factory taking goddamn decades to be built), munitions, small arms, etc. If you produce a lot of a particular good you might want to stockpile it until you get factories that turn it in profitable stuff.

The year is 1066, my vassals attempted the 15th civil war for increased council power. I don't know why but they keep trying and failing over and over again.

Why the fuck is this?

Also, why does all of my fucking lords all seem to have strong and weak claims all over the place within my realm? Duchy titles are constantly shifting back and forth, and there doesn't seem to be any calm in the realm ever.

Just replace EU Rome with HoI4. Nobody plays it anymore.

Reminder there are still a ton of meme Unions that should be removed in HPM.

Poland-Lithuania
>literally never existed in the 19th-20th century
>Lithuania would never agree to a compromise

Gran Colombia
>Bolivar's Union ended in 1821 for a reason, to many differences existed between the Colombians and Venezuelans

Arab Union
>lack of Arabic nationalism

Scandavia
>different currency,language and cultures

Tocouler Empire
>historically implausible a Westernized African Nation would take most of Western Africs

Turkestan
>not likely to happen

Wew why do these nations still exist?

You are only right about Poland-Lithuania and Tocouler

REMINDER THE ETERNAL KRAUT SEEKS THE DESTRUCTION OF EUROPE

>destroyed the Roman Empire
>destroyed the Catholic Church
>instigated war after war in Europe
>Formed Germany and left a big trail of shit including the destruction of France's Second Empire
>escalated what could have been a small war between Austria and Russia and turned it into a world conflict creating trenches and destroying a ton of Europe
>Lost the war and being the crybaby prussiaboos they are refused to pay repirations needed to repair Europe and ignore the Treaty of Versailles
>Formed a Facist Dictatorship and kill of many of Germany's intellectuals
>Lose the war and get split into 2
>Now seeks to flood Europe with refugees that will lower birthrates and cause the white male population to decline
>now attempts to control Europe economically with the European Union

Now tell me why it's a good idea to form Germany in Victoria 2?

>not "fais le pour elle".

Rate my groß Maghrebium plans

When will he remove the German union? France never would have let that happen, and why the fuck would Prussia of all places unite the Germans? It's bullshit.
Don't even get me started on China.

Tocouler was a real thing you dumb mongoloid

>another meme Arab/African nation play through

get more original cuck

>destroyed the Catholic Church
You know that you can still suck the popes cock right? its not destroyed

Sorry I'll play another Germany game next time

>implying the pope isn't a SJW who now thanks to the refugee crisis (caused by Germany inefficiency)has taken 15 refugees families into the Vatican

The pope isn't even white nowadays

>>lack of Arabic nationalism
>>Scandinavia
>>Toucouleur
>>Gran Colombia
>>Turkestan
wew
I'm glad that HPM will never listen to your attempt to remove all fun unions of the game based off your illiteracy

>Formed Germany and left a big trail of shit including the destruction of France's Second Empire
Thank goodness, Louis Napoleon was a top cuck, his fall should be a national holiday here.

Why is vic 2 so simple?

>not wanting historical believable worlds
Have fun with your Robmod and horse factories

Alright I think I like HoI 4 over the predecessors, in this game you don't automatically get rekt by the nation with superior IC.
>Soviet Union is totally fine with me as Japan taking entire China for my puppet
>When I declare war on the People's Republic of China they take them and Sinkiang into Comintern and declare a war on me
>Manage to encircle their forces in Vladivostok
>They resist pretty hard, do few province push towards Korea and almost manage to break the siege because they have tanks and I don't
>Land my marines in Vladivostok and take all their ports, they now fight with no supply debuff
>Wipe the pocket and stabilize the front line
youtube.com/watch?v=04W3BeYmQaE

My only complaint about this is that Germany moved probably half of their army into China instead of preparing to war against Poland, France and UK, OR simply attacking the mostly empty western flank. I'm sure they get BTFO and leave me against rest of the world alone.
I don't think I would have needed AIs help there when USSR was fighting with their Purge debuffs, they didn't attack very often.

>destroyed the Roman Empire
must be a pretty shitty empire if some unorganized tribesman can destroy it

Nice false flag btw

Listen I don't want meme unions I want historical plausible gameplay and balanced multiplayer.

If you want to keep shit like Scandavia and the PLC. You are no better than the people who ask for Iberia and the steam group shitters.

Is it just me or is CK2 more enjoyable when you get a really shitty king and still do well despite the odds?

This queen was crowned into a regency as a hobbled midget with a 26 intrigue aunt who wanted to kill her and she ended up being the best of her line so far

Nice falseflag

By those standards, France, Germany, the Russian Empire, Italy, the United Kingdom, China, Switzerland, Spain, Austria and many more are all "meme unions", especially in the nineteenth century before more concerted efforts at language standardization.

t. Rob

PLC should not be in HPM and you fucking know it. It had not existed in 100 years and had no chance of forming

At last, I can truly say I've become a master of grand strategy

I know that feeling.

This happened after one of my better kings died. Got saddled with a regency and a civil war with this kid, who ended up getting some pretty shitty traits (glutton and cruel, most notably), but I managed to hold it together, and now I'm almost done conquering the Deccan Empire's dejure land.

t. tinfoil pro

Scandanavia would then have Danish,Norwegian,Swedish and Finnish language speakers. How would they communicate then. It's not like any of there languages are similar.

I'm more concerned with your dismissal of Scandinavia, which was no more linguistically or culturally divided than Italy and which might have formed similarly if the political circumstances were different.

Most countries need to stay in their own area.

Watch out, the autist will call you out for being a shitposter because you are criticizing HPM

They're all (except finnish) mutually understandable
Finnish children all learn swedish in school (even today)

As I pointed out, the same was true of Italy, France, Russia, and to a lesser extent Germany.

These languages are all on a relatively small spectrum of mutual intelligibility that certainly wasn't out of the ordinary for "national" unions during the period.

This actually looks sort of neat

>answering seriously
Lads he's that guy who is butthurt about iberia not being in the game, he's not serious about this
Arguing with him will also not change shit, HPM will never remove any of the shit he wants

Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish I can understand but Finnish?

Like clockwork

You don't need Finnish to form Scandinavia in HPM, you actually need to exclude them

I'm playing as Republican Spain and I can't figure out why my divisions are at like 10% strength constantly. I've only got 3 military factories working, but Nationalist Spain seems to have full strength divisions with no problems.

Yeah, Finnish is obviously excluded, and low and behold, Scandinavia as represented in the game generally forms without Finns as accepted pops.

>implying I want something as ahistorical as a Iberian state
Icelandic and Finnish are not anything close to the Swedish/Norwegian/Danish Language

t. Report and Ignore

Yea for some reason Italy was a bro and didn't do that bullshit, they saved Nationalist Spain from certain doom while Germany was moving their army to chill to some desert/plains next to Sinkiang and Mongolia and they're not doing anything now, just digging trenches I guess.

Next they probably declare a war on Poland with their army in China, drag Allies into the war against me, get wiped by Poland and France and then I'm fighting UK and France on top of USSR, I don't probably have enough factories or manpower for that war. Or maybe I do if I abandon my Pacific defenses(10-15 divisions) and move them on Indian border. Then it's a fight to the last Chinaman and after that Jap. youtube.com/watch?v=e4OPSaX1PxM

Joining Axis was a mistake, also provocating USSR that early by attacking commies was a mistake, I didn't think they cared about China at all.

I play it you uncultured swine

Reminder that the celibate, chaste and homosexual traits should have no effect on fertility for non-ruling female characters (such as spouses).

It literally makes no sense.

And even if something as ahistorical as Scandanavia ever forming how would the currency conversion work would they adopt the Swedish riksdaler or the Danish krone or would they create a new currency all together? Either way a union of 2 countries like that would result in inflation of whatever currency they use.

And Finns aren't part of the Scandinavian Union in game.

Icelandic is relatively speaking close, although certainly farther than the big three. Icelanders can understand a good chunk of speech from most of the others, but not the other way around. Again, there's plenty of precedent in the nineteenth century for speakers of "dialects" with barely any mutual intelligibility with the standard form of the language becoming parts of a national union.

Icelandic is also not required
The guy doesnt even play the mod

>expecting anything else from steamgroup shitposters
Just report and ignore

Iceland is already a part of Denmark in 1836. If you form it in the game you inherit it anyway
That's like having Scots,Irish,Welsh and English and telling me they are the same

But you don't need them to form Scandinavia
If the Danes can manage Icelandic why the hell would Scandinavia not be able too?

>Implying I'm steamgroup
Yeah if I criticize the ahistorical unions in HPM I'm definetly a steam group member and a shitposter.
Iceland is a colonial province, that's like saying because the Brits own parts of Pakistan they can form Arabia.

Report and Ignore on shut down mode.

Rate

Should have Dismantled France/10

You are known shitposters who attempt to "criticize" HPM by using faulty assumptions and dubious sources, and when BTFO, you meme like retards in an attempt to drive him out
Just fuck off back already

How do I not get assfucked by this event? If I convert to Buenos I reset my progress. If I accept the Republic, Buenos gets 20 divisions of infantry to my 4 when I try to Restore Order.

Nice false flag

Why is Supreme Ruler Ultimate considered bad?

It's not hard to win that war, just assume the control of your puppet's armies and play defensively.

I did dismantle them. It's why Brittany's independent. Either way, they didn't recover. By the end of the game, they were a Communist Dictatorship that went through about a dozen revolutions prior.

>being shit
You could simply wait for his modifier to end in couple years.

Why don't people remove the countries they don't like from HPM instead of asking for HPM to remove it for everyone?

>K*rdistan
>independent Alaska and New England
>Br*tish Columbia
>independent countries in Africa that aren't named "South Africa"
>those Spanish African borders
>Grob Germany
>Poznan-Pomerelia isn't part of Poland
>Russia has half of Aghanistan but not the other half
It's shit.

Who's excited for MEIOU & Taxes 2.0?

>not showing final scores

What kind of processor is required to run this?

Can someone post the non-aligned version of nations which don't start as non-aligned in HoI4? Specifically I wanted to know what Luxembourg was.

Can I fabricate a claim across a sea like this?

I'm currently playing EU4 1.16.3 + M&T 1.24.5 on a 2.20-GHz Intel i7, and it runs at 40 FPS paused and 10 FPS unpaused. M&T 2.0 is purportedly not any slower than M&T.

Check out this Oriental lebensraum

Definitely.

don't think you know what that word means

it's still living space even if they're stacked on top of each other

Beautiful czech flag

Who do I pick to get Austria to declare war on me? I want that clay back.

VICKY 3 WHEN???

Tomorrow

So if I critize HPM I'm a shitposter? Your a pathetic piece of shit Report and Ignore. Why don't you do something productive with your life other than shield HPM from attacks all day and get a job and not be a fucking sperg. HPM is human. HPM is not perfect and his kid is far from perfect. However it is one the best mods for Vicky2. Why don't you get off your high HPM horse and fuck off and stop sucking HPM's cock 24/7

>play finland in hoi 3
>winter war begins
>youtube.com/watch?v=CXbtT3i7BBg starts playing

Innitzer
But it really depends

>not realizing that's a radical yugoslavian shitposter

Report and Ignore BTFO

>Oriental lebensraum
Lebensraum Fernost or better Deutsch Ostasien.

Oriental is middel eastern

t. Deutscher

His reply will be 'oh you are a shitposter because you used that word the steamgroup uses' or something like that.