/owg/ - Overwatch General

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>/owg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1uOqymySz22QFhC6S19HPb8WKJBDNd3ILj679bW2Sk

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7 (embed)

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=czm4zYylwUo
youtube.com/watch?v=T7PdYcYiD3g
pastebin.com/vm5A3PJB
youtube.com/watch?v=WJDyg_dl8vY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

FIRST FOR MERCY IS A SLUT

Got another one, not sure if its good enough

Is it okay to not use mic in comp?

QUIEN ES SOMBRA?

Yes.
There is currently a huge hooplah on the competitive overwatch subreddit about the same thing.
Competitive mode being a very obviously tacked on feature that doesn't show you any of the necessary information to improve or be competitive.

Cutest OTP, coming through!

>finally have 1000 coins
>buy commando 76
>soon after I get stunt rider 76 in a lootbox
lol

as a Junkrat player, I am eternally salty about the fact that his trap doesnt even disable Reaper's escape or Zarya's shield

PSA that Overwatch is basically a shit game in disguise. A good watch for anyone who wants to know about all the issues regarding OW at high levels of play.

>youtube.com/watch?v=czm4zYylwUo

>when your aim is becoming solid as fuck
>when you're soloing enemy reapers and mccrees with ease
>when you destroy Lucios even when they are wallskating

>harassing enemy supports as Tracer
>Zen and Mercy are sort of isolated, start healing each other

Do I keep going trying to kill the Zen through the mercy heal (because that's probably easier than killing mercy with Zen healing orb), wasting time for the enemy healers as they are doing jack shit for the rest of their team or do I just disengage and wait until they are busy healing someone else?

depends on your team, if they can push off that you keep distracting them, if not you run away because its more likely zen randomly headshots you with discord orb active

if you can keep both of them busy the whole time, just keep doing what you're doing, and let your team win the 5v4.

>have to play Lucio to carry my team if i don't want to lose
>no one actually appreciates me for distracting enemies 24/7 and thinks 5min+ objective team means nothing

no one uses a mic so yeah

>tfw almost fucking lost with these stats
and this was assault map that only went 3 rounds

When are they fixing the winning penalty when someone from the enemy team leaves seconds before the end of the match?

>please watch my video i even posted an ass pic!
neck yourself

Given those points dota 2 and LoL are casual games. Their's a massive grind to get points that's slow and boring as shit, characters that dominate the meta, then it's a bunch of people derping around until 1 person fucks up at derping and gets a kill. Overwatch is a MOBA and FPS hybrid taking points from both and becoming a beautiful game. Certain Heroes need twitch reaction while some need smart movement and smart positioning, their's a hero for everyone. You like twitch shooters I like roadhog and winston.

The other issues you bring up is that an offensive ultimate is beaten by a defensive ultimes...No fucking shit. Defensive ultimates have counter play, that's why you see a winston pharah comp where the winston jumps on the mercy drawing enemy attention and the pharah bombs her out of the sky. All the defensive ultimates do is force priority targets, which makes for hype. Mccree and widow STILL SEE USE in pubs and competitive games, the patch was completely necessary.

I don't believe you've had any experience in the actual competitive scene because if you listen to our coms, counter picking is one of the most discussed things. Even at the start of the game we're making guesses based on map knowledge and team knowledge about what heroes they're going to use. Even on the lower end of the competitive spectrum you have counter picks in not only heroes, but in ults.

The ESL system is absolute trash and should not be used as our main competitive system, and most of your complaints fall under issues with ESL's hero stacking.

This was a massive opinion piece, based on YOUR problems, not the actual problems.
What it honestly looks like, is that you lost a bunch of games and have dug SO DEEP to find not issues that you rub mud on to say that they are.

I've always wanted to be Pharah's squire. I always enjoy fantasizing about entering the spawn room with her after a long battle and slowly removing her armor, starting at the helmet and making my way down to her boots. The embarrassment I feel doing this in front of other female heroes only adds to the allure of the situation. She sits down on a stool and commands me to kneel down and remove her boots one at a time. "Is that a boner?" D.Va says. Widowmaker licks her lips, Tracer giggles, and Symmetra glares at me. I try to cover it up out of embarrassment, but Pharah kicks my hands away. "You haven't finished yet." I don't understand because I had already removed her armor, but after she gives me a look I realize that she wants me to remove her shoes as well. I take off her shoes and reveal her gorgeous feet, surprisingly soft despite her being a strong warrior, and extremely sweaty. "Lick the sweat off my feet, squire," she commands me. I hesitate for a moment and look over to the other girls. They all start giggling at me and whispering. Then I feel Pharah's foot forced into my mouth with the other one covering my nose. The smell and taste of her sweaty feet causes my raging boner to grow even more. "Alright, squire, stand up and remove your clothes." Although embarrassed, I take all my clothes off. Suddenly I feel myself teleported across the room, and I find myself lying underneath D.Va, Widowmaker, and Tracer. They had already taken their boots off and were pressing their feet against my member. "No," Pharah said, "he's mine." She runs over and gets on top of me. She shoves my dick inside her tight, sopping wet pussy and starts pumping. Her technique gets more and more intense until I am unable to hold back. I cum inside her pussy with the force of a hundred Reinhardts. She gets off of me, and as I lay there quivering in pleasure she stands over my head and rains her "justice" down on me from above. "Only 9 inches? Pathetic."

>play Lucio on KOTH
>contesting point forever, break it down numerous times
>a Genji gets mad at me because my E was on cooldown when he needed healing one time

>500 views

>high level play
>shooting zarya shield

why not

>Mugi is best keion

How am I supposed to take this person seriously when he doesn't know Ritsu is the best?

he's pretty much spot on unfortunately

>feelio when you lose solely because your tracer is an autist that doesnt hunt down the symmetra TP

youtube.com/watch?v=T7PdYcYiD3g
>Seagull
I don't care who it is, holy shit that first round.

I don't think Soldier76 needs a buff or anything, but it would be nice if Blizzard increased his and McCree falloff damage range. He is supposed a Pharah counter but nothing feels more frustrating that shooting 50 bullets at her and not not getting a kill because she had a Mercy on her ass + was 30+ meters away. Unless you are Surelock aimbotting, of course

ive hunted down people on Steam purely because they posted recent achievements, dont think that I cant also hunt down players youve blacked out

I cant because I also need their BNet # so blacking out their names is pointless

Maebbie

>He is supposed a Pharah counter but nothing feels more frustrating that shooting 50 bullets at her and not not getting a kill
that's what helix rockets are for

Why would a genji or tracer not go for teleporter? It has gone so far for me I fucking run off looking after a teleporter when I use a completely inappropriate character for it.

nobody says anything worth listening to

How do you guys feel about the fact that Lucio fucks Dva?

Reposting this from the last thread because, well, it's pretty true and it should be heard.

>get into high mmr
>every game is against teams 5 levels higher on average full of turbo tryhard ultra nerds

soldier 76 needs a buff, he's the worst offensive hero in the game.

yeah its pretty hard to kill anyone 1v2, thats sorta the point

rip in peace a true hero
I wouldve hurt my sides if someone came out and said their rank 20 matches were ruined because of him

>19 year old girl being into the super famous musician

nothing new

>tfw you airshot a flying pharah or mercy as soldier

Reposting from a few posts ago because, well, it's pretty true and should be heard

What happened?

Just go zenyatta and tank yourself a while. It's not worth it if you solo play.

This is not the (You) I was looking for.

> wouldve hurt my sides if someone came out and said their rank 20 matches were ruined because of him

there were plenty who claimed that on the blizzard forums

pastelink.net/26wr

Does D.va's Ult really need a UI warning popup for everyone on the enemy team?

No other ult in the game has a big fat warning symbol on top of the noises and voicelines it already makes.

>be tracer
>dash to the side
>roadhog hooks me through the floor AND the wall, with no vision of me even on HIS screen in the killcam

jesus fucking christ WHAT??? 20 tick FUCK OFF

Anything you buy with overbucks should be prevented from showing up in future loot boxes.

fuck off inbred retard

Blizzard shut his entire account down
kinda his fault because he posted proof of his shit on their forums, but still

What is this video about? Not clicking shit unless you give me a reason to.

we saw it already

stop shilling your shitty videos

why does this .webm exist, jesus fuck
MUH

>No other ult in the game has a big fat warning symbol on top of the noises and voicelines it already makes.
tracer ult does the same despite having a lower range

How about you shoot the mercy?

not him but I agree with him on the ult problem
they are really really strong and there's a lot of stalling and spamming down choke points until ults are up so you can pop them all and push a point

attack vs defense balance is utterly fucked because of that too

I don't think I've seen a zenyatta in ranked yet

>sorry, the link doesnt exist
any mirrors?

You are seeing what the server saw, not what he saw.

>76 can fire 3-4 round bursts with no spread
>clip size is 25
Holy shit, my autism

How have people forgotten the golden rules to trolling on that level? Never admit it and try and direct the blame elsewhere.

>our hero decided he would go to Rank 1 by throwing games in competitive with strategies to lose all of them
>uploads a few videos and posts them on the forums
>people become extremely butthurt and start a witchhunt
>the madman doesn't care and uploads another video

>mfw symmetra with a torb armor pack

And they banned him? Blizzard is such a cuckold lmao.

Glad I'm not the only one bugged by that.

worked for me, try this one:
pastebin.com/vm5A3PJB

>Literally in almost everyone single comp game
>insanely flexible is the lone good answer to Pharah in the game
>Existence basically renders McCree irrelevant post FtH nerf

Will Maebbie bother making a new account and rebuying the game?

>literally most picked dps hero currently

rank 20 matches are serious business

>shields can't stack
>armor can't stack.
>you will never be Reinhardt with 875 health

I certainly wouldn't, what kind of a cuck are you?

they had to, he was "intentionally griefing" and got a lot of attention off the videos and the thread on the forums

they had to do it to remain whatever is left of their face

>shielding yourself costs no charge, generates charge
>shielding an ally costs X charge, generates charge
>primary fire increases power with charge but drains charge
>alt fire increases power with charge but drains charge
>more charge makes your ult last longer, less charge makes it fade faster

thoughts

Its some idiot complaining that the game isn't a more casual tf2 and that how he thinks the only way to counter ults are Mercys and Lucios ult.

He also thinks 1/3rd of the cast is unplayable because they are not optimal in every single situation

I don't think he likes switching heroes

how do you know that they banned him? I dont think it should be bannable beyond a seasonban

From all the esport games.

This is by far the most infuriating game ever created. Its insane how much anger and butthurt it produces

he was chaotic good

what would you think about the next zarya nerf?
plenty of players are using this hero and blizzard could possibly nerf her for her popularity

I wonder if Blizz will ban everyone that gets to rank 1. I'm pretty sure it's impossible to get there unintentionally.

>No other ult in the game has a big fat warning symbol on top of the noises and voicelines it already makes.
Tracer's.
But I feel like it does, simply because of how mobile and the different strategies and uses the ult has in organized play.

Honestly? It's fine and doesn't need to be touched whatsoever.
It's incredibly good at breaking defenses.

It's sort of like a reverse version of Zarya's ult.
Instead of pulling people into a single spot, it can make everybody cower and hide, giving your team control over an area.

It can also be used strategically, such as tossing it over high walls and having it blow up as soon as it peaks over said wall because it has that much range. But this only works on some payload maps.

If you want to buff D. Va, the only thing you need is better spread, damage fall off, and speed while shooting.
Then she becomes a tank version of Tracer, with a much higher margin for error.

>Stop talking about the game
I want /v/ to leave.

>having this awful taste
I can't believe I frequent the same general as someone like you.

That seems overly complicated for overwatch.

Cooldowns on top of resource management on hero's is going to turn this game into WoW without gear.

did he get banned? what was the reason

baited for these exact responses :)

Its a "moba"...

So he'd be a prime candidate for crying for nerfs on every hero of the month gotcha. Thanks senpai this is for you.

>a Genji and a Hanzo players are in voice chat fanboying over some sort of E-sporter in my game
>"I'm 17, he's 23, that could be me in 5/6 years!"
>precedes to use Hanzo on KOTH when we needed a healer
wew

>He also thinks 1/3rd of the cast is unplayable because they are not optimal in every single situation

hes right about that one. Most of the heroes are just shit in 99% of the situations, but thats expected because its a blizzard game

>something is popular
>make it worse

tumblr would burn blizzard the second they managed to get off their fat asses

>Stop talking about the game
>I want /v/ to leave.

he linked it 4 times already you fucking autist

he showed the mail in one of his videos and said he will move on or something along those lines. go to around 30:00 here youtube.com/watch?v=WJDyg_dl8vY

PATCH NOTES FOR MERCY:
>Ult now charges at 65% of the rate it currently charges at.
>Healing and damage boosts will now suffer a minor decay over time in effectiveness when used for extended periods on the same target.

Oh, I have other problems with other heroes.

>Roadhog's simultaneous fuckhuge ult battery for the enemy team, yet possessing an instakill combo and the ability to scarf a goddamned armored Torbjorn worth of health in his fat throat in two seconds..
>Junkrat being Demoman Mk 4.0 with the spoilers removed from his stickybombs.
>Explosive damage in general dealing not enough to the user at point-blank.
>Mercy's ult charge rate.
>Hanzo's foot-shot instakilling everyone that isn't Zarya or higher health (and I really like Hanzo, but it still is an issue)
>Tracer/Genji not being able to escape a Junkrat trap but can freely scoot away from being almost-frozen by Mei
>Mei's ice wall doesn't have translucency for allies.
>Pharah's counter was nerfed so you now need to attach a S76 or Roadhog to her to keep her in check, which is negated by a pocket Mercy.
>Winston counters a clusterfuck of things, then gets hard countered by Reaper, who then hard counters his enemy team if half-competent from free ult battery.

Shall I go on?

make it 70-75%

and if it decays when used for too long then it should have an initial boost as well

>Healing and damage boosts will now suffer a minor decay over time in effectiveness when used for extended periods on the same target.
fuck off retard lmao
healers need to be good or the meta will go tits up

her ult can get nerfed though

>Nepal
>Lucio, our only fucking support, switches to Bastion
>I call him out on it
>he calls me toxic

Are these people fucking serious, or is this a joke? How in anybody's right mind would Bastion be a good choice with A) No Reinhardt and B) No Support? And I am toxic for calling him out on his stupidity?

"Toxic" is just a buzzword now.

Just a note, lucio's ult doesn't go through walls. It's based on line of sight, although there is a short delay where you can just have gone out of sight and still receive the effects.

why didnt you switch to lucio yourself then

why do you insist on pushing your opinion on others
you sound like an asshole