/evog/ - Evolve General

Kraken is OP edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

>Last Thread

Gorgon is fun

For some reason every time I play wraith I get really bad FPS, any idea why? Everything else is fine

1st for your favorites?

>Favorite Hunter
Crow
>Favorite Monster
Gorgon

xth for gorgon spider mines need to be tweaked

Anyone else filling a lobby and then never getting in game? The fuck, man.

Am I the only one that purposely drags games out so I can actually have fun?

monsters too strong this time around
wish we could go back to stealth and weaker level 1/2 monsters
both the OP monsters and planet scanner are garbo game design

Yep, it probably ran out of servers

That would explain it. Thanks, user.

>Kraken camps dropship spot
>Starts damaging us before we even hit the ground

Cool, still no fun to play against

Place your harpoon traps behind the target, you meme loving fuck.
They're only good if you force the monster to swing around constantly to scratch their back

stop moving the goal posts and answer the question.

>playing battle grandma
>goliath leapsmashes
>meet him mid air

That is literally what I do, I run in fucking circles around the monster trying to pin it from all angles but it makes 0 difference since between the deploy time and fucking reload it becomes useless.

So who is your waifu/husbando?

Caria

shes so smug

>catch wraith he runs around endlessly
>doesn't realize the dome doesn't come down until all his Armour is gone.

Evolve need to quickly tell people how the new shit works.
also is it even possible to miss the dome now?

I domed wraith and hyde kept saying
hyde: HE'S NOT TRAPPED
sunny: HE ISN'T IN HERE

mean while he's facefucking my support.

Worst yet it takes zero fucking effort on the monsters part to turn around but it takes a lot of effort for the hunter to try a position around it.

sure

he's weakest in the sense that the other monsters are egregiously overtuned and he's overshadowed because of it

that does not mean he himself is weak you slobbering piece of shit

on launch they armed after 1.5s and reloaded after 1s with a .5s refire delay. Nowadays I think it's 3.5s arm time and a 3s reload.

Wasteland maggie used to arm after 1.5s, but back then she was actually good so they nerfed it to 2.5s and reduced her damage output by 75%

Caira waifu

Hyde husbando

Wraith
>them hips
>them tentacles
>that tongue
>tfw she puts 2 tentacles inside you & moves them in & out separately while forcing you to blow another one

>the dome comes down faster if you deal health damage to the monster

who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Yeah okay buddy, it does compared to the other monsters. just because you wanted to derail a question to make a point doesn't change the fact he is the weakest in relative comparison.
also you're a fucking idoit if you didn't understand that from the start

Emet is both my Waifu and my Husbandu, since he has two personalities.

>no more foliage
>no more stealth
>timer is short as fuck
>maps are boring now
>planet scanner
This game used to be so good

i hope your mother gets an incurable illness and you have to watch her wither away in front of your eyes tbqh

This guy knows what's up

just keep leaving and joining until you get into one

>they modeled the insides of the monsters

Is the only way to play as a monster now is to just meme your way around the map and hope the other team is too braindead to function? Because when you're stuck with the starting monsters all that ever happens is you get tracked 1 minute in and get chased until you die.

Huge monsters need huge guts duh.

is being this butthurt really necessary, are you that upset your shitty high school rhetoric didn't work.

RIP AND TEAR

You filthy monster loving fuck

Wtf is a power conduit and how do I destroy it? I keep getting chased until the time runs out and i auto lose.

Is Jack any good? Always loved Trapper, even in pre-dedgame so I wanna know if it's worth spending me money on him.

i'm nearing a 15 loss streak trying to play hunters right now

i don't mean anything by it, i'm just angry and venting

Is Torvald still bad?

>fuck monsters
can do

That's only for Big Guy because his weakspot is that big fucking heart he conveniently opens whenever he attacks

Hey my man me neither we all come here to enjoy the game, I just got smashed as Goliath by that old granny bitch and can't seem to deal with anyone who is decent airborne as him.
Were all gona make it.

>Bot Caira and Hank
>They heal and shield better than any of the people I've played against

>get a queue finished
>all of the other hunters are talking over mic
>one ends his messages with his email address
>they're all talking about how op the monster is
>load in
>Wraith
>22 game win streak
>Well I guess we're going to lose
>"medic please dont suck"
>me: "sorry im bad"
>"plz dont"
>hits level 2 in like a minute
>dome him immediately after he evolves
>support gets trapped with the wraith in a corner and gets fucked, we have to climb 2 cliffs to get to him because of the poor dome placement
>he's dead and whining about how OP wraith is on mic
>trapper dies next
>I'm spamming heals while the wraith fucks our assault
>I'm the last one alive
>die in like 10 seconds
>game ends
>"they're all talking about how broken wraith is and how bullshit that loss was"

Subscribe to my blog, also how long until either the devs nerf Wraith and Kraken? I'm not experienced enough to know whether they're actually too strong or not but in my experience pubs whining usually makes the devs nerf characters instead of listening to the good or experienced players.

Also how do you beat monsters when you don't know which ones they've picked until right before the game starts?

Bots have autoaim, it's just they have a tendency to get stuck on certain parts of the map leaving you 3v1 in the THUNDERDOME

Why did they decide to make the stage one monsters so disgustingly strong all in one update
>change how skills work so main damage in frontloaded on first point
>give stage 1 4 points
>give all monsters an extra 20%~ more health and armor
and not part of this update but
>letting monsters keep 30% of their armor on evolve so you cant punish them because "muh hold the dome"

Also its not in the notes but a bunch of characters got stealth adjustments like Emets heal doing less but charging faster and bucket loosing 50% of his turret damage

Also the new support and trapper abilitys change the pace of the game so much

Like fuck Turtlerock I want to love you but how does some of this shit get through

>Meteor Goliath shitler number whatever at this point
>Invincible because lel magic armor regen
>Run the clock on him
>He goes Stage 3 with 10 seconds left
>Win just like that

I think I'm going to encourage my team to run the clock against shitler monsters from now on

Bots are on aimbot and will literally never stop healing you, and they will always heal with 100 % accuracy unless you jetpack boost when they're working

>be me
>level 35 Wraith with 85+% win rate
>Enemy Medic is literally account level 1

Did you have a Lennox,abe,Caria and Hank on your team?

Was the lennox also talking shit to the monster?

I just had a game just like this

Behemoth weakspot isn't his head like every other monster, it's his underbelly and his heart

no he's fucking garbage after his nerfs.

he's worse now than ever before, second worst assault only beaten out by parnell

Nah, I was playing Bucket, there was a Caria and a Abe

Dome fighting was awful and we could barely stratch the monster because he magically asspulls armor AND the turrets shoot dried beans

So I simply asked my team to run the clock after realizing all the running around the monster did memed up the timer

>matched vs a 4 stack
>tryhard as fuck
>medic is carrying the fuck out of them
>lose

overall not a fun experience

As noob hunter it seems pretty hard to beat the monster...

since the launch of bucket they've reduced his sentry damage by 65%

Honestly Ide take it with a grain of salt theres always been less monster players It feels as if they over compensated with buffs for now to improve the playerbase

Aight, cheers man. Looks like I'm sticking to Griffin for the time being.

Caira isn't smug whatsoever.

Shes a nerdy, shy loser
Val is basically a dominatrix. Abe inadvertantly complements her ass then tells her nothing is wrong with her butt, and she goes,
"Yeah. Thats right.."

Anons, whenever I play Parnell I get this weird thing where hunter models, including mine seem to radiate and shit, is that normal?

unless youre a premade you will lose 95% of the time as hunters

>elder kraken
>it's on a 17 win streak
Oh man, fun

Yet she makes fun of Abe and Parnell for being massive weebs

>pick Torvald
>kraken

Well I didn't know this character has a chance to instantly lose you the game just by picking him because kraken is exists.

Monster tier list

Soon to be nerfed tier
>Wraith
>Kraken

Fun tier
>Gorgon

Balanced tier
>Goliath

Don't know haven't seen tier
>Behemoth
>Elder Kraken

Coordinated hunters make bits of the monster though.

Turtle Rock Studios absolutely memed up the balance, to put in simply

>Monster gets +20 % health and damage on both first stages
>Monster has multiple ways of magically regenerating armor, sometimes instantly in domes, meaning it's fucking impossible to get meaningful damage in
>Even if you start knocking health bars, it's 1 minute less on the dome for each healthbar. If someone on your team was downed breaking his armor will instantly lift the dome, otherwise you get two bars off at most
>Evolving no longer is a time where you can dick retarded monsters that don't understand evasion since he starts with half filled armor
>Support lost his stealth field completely, which prevents you from delaying in the dome, and replaced it with a meme shield pulse that shields one hit for five seconds
>Level 1 gets four skills instead of three, which makes a huge difference and allows for crazy builds (Four 1, 2 - 2, 3 - 1) which allows you to utterly dick up a dome

If they don't re-nerf the monsters, this game is going to be dead in a week

It was better when he first came out he was actually capable of fighting, then they nerfed his damage into the fucking dirt and made it take 6 million years for mortars to land

it used to be good for punishing camping and was good if you could lead shots and now its worthless

Nonsense. Monster is OP when the hunters aren't coordinated, but against good premades even the best monster doesn't stand a fucking chance.

>Hunters get a free know where the monster is button
>Everyone can dome

If they don't re-nerf the hunters, this game is going to be dead in a week.

"Muh hunter favor" I cant wait for them to start putting out telemetry again

>but against good premades even the best monster doesn't stand a fucking chance
I really hate this meme
Even back when hunters had the advantage, a good monster could go 50/50 with good hunters who communicate
with these balance changes if you lose as a monster that means you're god awful

>t. monster mains

Anyone being able to dome means fuck all because you get memed on in the domes now

The "find monster" button still doesn't do the work for you, it's perfectly possible for a pub monster to evade for multiple minutes if he understands the concept of "edge of the map and pincer strategies"

Also a F2P game cannot rely on premades to have a balanced match between pubbies

elder kraken is more bullshit than regular kraken if you can believe it.

>people lose as monster
lol?

>Also how do you beat monsters when you don't know which ones they've picked until right before the game starts?
By working to your team's strengths and the monster's weaknesses
You don't need to counterpick to win, though some bad luck (like picking Hyde and getting a Kraken) really sucks.

If you actually think this you've obviously never played monster against anyone higher than level 15.

>win a game
>get 80 keys

sure glad its double bounty weekend!

should i buy gorgon or kraken

>kraken
>ever getting nerfed

Kraken has been broken ever since beta. Before the stage 2 update he was the only monster that could fight at a competitive level in tournament and even then he had a tough time.

elder kraken is in soon to be nerfed tier

behemoth is in balanced tier

I can't believe the monsters are still this OP after coming out so long ago. Did turtle rock even make an effort to balance it?

Here's a simple strategy to dick monster mains in the most upsetting way possible :

>Start the game as usual, follow the monster and push him around, get your first dome in and do some damage to intimidate the player
>DON'T LOSE YOUR FIRST DOME MATCH
>Once that's done, the monster is going to flee flee flee, DO NOT FIRE AT HIM but make sure he understands you're close
>Then, simply stay in a group and randomly wander around the map
>Do not ever dome the monster, stay in places with blatant hunter advantage (cover from ranged attacks and a lot of easily usable height)
>Run the clock
>You will win once he Stages 3 or a bit after
>If he decides to go after the relay, simply pelt him from a distance until he goes after someone. That someone should now use the good old "lure him away strategy" while the others regroup
>If done properly, you WILL win by time no matter what the monster does because the timer is stupidly low and drains fast if no combat happens

It's fucked on both sides and almost all changes need to revoked. They need to make stealth viable again by nerfing/removing planet scanner and returning foliage to the maps and also go back to weaker monsters. The whole point of evolve is that both sides are supposed to play intelligently and try to outsmart and outmaneuver the opponent, that doesn't really exist in any way right now it's just deathmatch.

They did and it was pretty good (bit hunter biased)
this update shit the bed

It's the stims from his Super Soldier mode, it's normal.

> Did turtle rock even make an effort to balance it?
lmao? Is this a joke? Have you ever even been on the discord. Half the employees are pretty girls. It's a meme studio

Yesterday
>Hunters are the strongest
>Wraith is the only good monster

Today
>Hunters are the weakest
>Wraith, Gorgon, Kraken are all bullshit

Wonder what tomorrow will bring

>Things that never happened

Monsters jumped back into the game expecting the stealth play and got dicked on by time

Then they realized that the game became Dome DM and that getting caught in a Dome is the best thing possible because you get free armor

If you get a dome in a good position, you can total the hunters, and most monsters already have OP stats

Danke

Honestly I don't think the scan is that OP right now.

As soon as you get the notification just sit there a few seconds then dart off & crouch walk. I lose their trail doing this basically every single time playing as Wraith, Kraken, or Gorgon.

Unless they have a Maggie it's very rare I don't make it to Level 2 before the first engagement.

Perks to get for an assault main?

I don't get it where's my fucking box?

>wraith with feeding speed and movement
This feels retarded but I'm only ever caught if I want to be...

I feel the same way with gorgon

damage

I have no clue if the DoT perk is worth a shit