Guild Wars 2 General - /gw2g/

Winning Edition

Old >I've been away from the game a while and what's new?
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Release
>F2P information
help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157-Account-types-Free-Core-HoT
>GW2 Wiki (type /wiki [article name] in-game to open browser):
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page
>Redposting
forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/devtracker
>I Need a Build But I Won't Say for What Mode
metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wiki
en.gw2skills.net/editor/
>Content
gw2dungeons.net/
dulfy.net/category/gw2/
>The Mistwar
wvwintel.com/
>World Boss Train
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Event_timers
gw2.ninja/timer
>Fashion Endgame
argos-soft.net/GW2/ArmorGallery/
gw2armorgallery.com/
>Simple Traveling Merchant Data
gw2bltc.com/
gw2shinies.com/
gw2spidy.com/
gw2efficiency.com/
>Crafting
gw2crafts.net/
>Roleplay Resources
Guildwars2roleplayers.com/
gw2.aculeo.org/
>Misc Fun Shit
tooltips.thatshaman.com/
tyria3d.com/
gw2dps.com/
>Writebin
pastebin.com/kRR6ZV7W

Guild Wars 2 Veeky Forums Guilds:

NA [HOPE]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Oothier, Vitto Mortemsen, Bonkk, Mexay Renatus, Peachy Panic, Rijakk, or Riathen
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, or Kealdrix

-Servers only matter for WvW and instancing.
-If no one is online, send a mail.
-If you are F2P, leave your name and region on the thread.

Read this for guild info:

>I'm a new/returning player, how do I join the Veeky Forums guild?

NA [DORF]: Tarnished Coast, whisper Edarkness, Reignofpain, Unwarrior Chicken
NA [SS]: Fort Aspenwood, whisper Jakey Gyllenhaal, Ayo Girl Cmere, or Double A E D
EU [FUN]: Seafarer's Rest, whisper Farfelu, Aktium, Nalynea, Mo Zing Miko, Togo Hornblower or Kealdrix
NA+EU [USA]: Fort Aspenwood+Seaferer's Rest, whisper Squatfu, Buzz Spankleaf, Togo Hornblower, Vuncia, Kerolastic

-Guilds are cross-server, and the only real reason to choose the server above is if you want to be on the same WvWvW team.
-You can also send a mail asking to be in the guild, if nobody is online

Or, leave your name and server here so someone can check this post and invite you

What happened user? This sounds tragic.

I wasn't, sorry, I misread it. I still disagree, slow generals take 2, this one isn't that bad.

>Rikki's Armpits Edition
not okay with this

>this one isn't that bad.

That's his fault for flaunting them, victory or not.

First pic in this thread.

There's only 2 active Veeky Forums guilds, most of the ones on your list are either dead or aren't even Veeky Forums, stop posting this troll list all the time please.

2nd place for me it seems.

This is a bullshit post, ignore it.

hi /gw2g/ i need help making a useless but funny character build, of any class

ever since Rocket Boots found its way onto my engineer's permanent utility skills -- because it's not particularly useful but looks funny to use to launch myself off cliffs, into enemies, etc. -- i've been wanting to make a character themed around being generally useless but amusing to watch.

some requirements:

- funny movement-oriented skills that are not particularly useful, similar to Rocket Boots. "evade" type skills count, sort of, but things like Rocket Boots that serve less of a functional purpose are funnier.

- good movement speed in general - e.g. if the class has a +25% movement speed signet and/or specialization skill, i want to take it.

- good movement speed in runes, either Speed or Traveler, whichever makes more sense (i am partial to Traveler).

- not a glass cannon. i don't care if it does damage or is useful, so maybe super tank-oriented gear (vit, toughness). i'd like to sneak my way onto competent PvE teams and/or world boss events and dick around the whole time without dying at the drop of a hat.

taking suggestions for class (please suggest at least a few skills that are good to use), runes (speed or traveler), specializations, and gear stats (pref. tanky but open to suggestions). assume that i only want to spend 79 tomes of experience and maybe 30-50g on gear, nothing too crazy.

NOTE: full builds preferred, assume i'm a moron who needs most of the details. preferably something that relies in part on bad utility skills and not just thieves that can dodge a million times. i also don't want it to be particularly useful, so giving me builds/skill combos to "deal more damage" or "apply lots of conditions" are not great. the goal is to be an idiot and sabotage PvE efforts while making people laugh, not to be useful.

I'm not kidding at all, dorf doesn't even recruit from this board, don't mislead newfriends.

>posting anti-DORF propaganda made by HOPE because they couldn't deal with a competing guild
Sure.

>Arch

autism

That isn't propaganda, they recruited from map and spammed invites if you were even close to a recruiter.

They actually didn't want to have anything to do with Veeky Forums. I know you're shitposting but I thought I'd clarify anyway.

Cats are superior to rats in every conceivable way. A town whose population is comprised solely of rats would be so shaken by the arrival of even a single cat overlord it's nothing short of astonishing.
Just imagine, it's a nice sunny Sunday afternoon; imagine the bustle of this 100% rat town till suddenly cat bulls triumphantly march in. Women would feel infinitely more attraction to these superior, cats than their pathetic rats hubbies. Every woman would be begging, grovelling to be impregnated by these overlords, the new kings of the town, who earned this position with nothing but their superior presence. And these bulls wouldn't stop until every girl was carrying their cubs, the rat's women's original children would probably be neglected. Who the fuck would want to rear these inferior children with their rat genes? They're only going to turn out like their fathers, mindless cogs in a machine whose sole purpose is to chew rats up till no juice is left, then spit them out, all for the benefit of the clearly superior cats.

And rats? They'd flee, realizing how futile their attempts at winning back their wives' attraction would be, to DR where they'd try to win over FAS looking ugly FHDs, the only things disgusting, lonely, and brainwashed by the ubiquitous glorification of cuckoldry enough to accept them. Many would be rejected after the proud papas hear of their shameful display; FHDs probably would have killed themselves to avoid the shame.

Back home in the once rat town, every woman would be raising her superior cat cubs and queuing up for a second or maybe even third pregnancy. They wouldn't stop until they hit menopause as they'd know deep down their purpose is to populate the world with superior cat bulls who'd then move on to proselytize the superiority of the unenslaved to the enslaved in other rat towns.

Face it, rats. You're but servants to your cat masters.

>You will never save their friendship.

grouchsura I will make you warm

Which race do you play?

willing to play any. this would be a new character.

Make a femsura, they have good warrior animations, and warrior has "physical" skills which look funny and make you feel like a tank. It would be ironic since you'd be a cute goblin-thing. You can test new classes in the PvP area.

play femcharr

lol, and they say rats are the autistic ones.

i should link the recent invisibilia story on Asperger's syndrome for Jugg the next time he starts shitting up the thread.

>ratfag is helpful and sticks to OP's question

>catfag makes a shitty demand with poor typing

Furries, everybody!

I don't know the full story just what I have heard from others.

he asked last thread and got serious replies
not my problem if he didnt like them, reposting it again is shitposting

Can we please distinguish femcharr posters from mcharr posts? Mcharr posts are sophisticated and intelligent whilst femcharr posts are almost as low as ratposts.

Wrinkly Barb

>blah blah blah I just heard some biased stories about someone trying to spin a narrative

ok I bet you'll vote for hillary too

I'm voting Trump

That was towards the end of the thread, I don't blame him for reposting, but I will blame you for being autistic, zoofucker.

Mcharr are so fucking gay, it's obnoxious, but I will agree that femcharr posters like the one I'm replying to (above) are the worst.

Faeeq in damage control

Actually, this kind of delusion and scapegoating makes you more autistic than femcharr posters. Keep trying, though.

The best part of being a femsura is that we've already systematically become Amazonian femgoblins by ousting msura cucks from our societal hierarchy.

There is nothing wrong with meta discussion, zoofucker, but the fact that you're taking it seriously is further proof that femcharr are insecure and are the most autistic. After all, behind every good joke is a grain of truth.

Femcharr cucks like Maara are my favorite kind of joke.

I'm not faeeq... faeeq wouldn't use ellipsis...

Well let's hear it, brother.

Stop this meme.

>but the fact that you're taking it seriously is further proof that femcharr are insecure and are the most autistic.
>he thinks I'm linked to any kind of charr autism because I called his kind more autistic
Getting a little hypocritical there, man.

help me come up with a name for him

i'll take femcharr posting over femsura LARPing in the thread anyday desu

>uses an image to "speak for him"
>uses circular logic to avoid the point

Oh boy, no wonder people don't like autistic femcharr, they bring it on themselves really.

what did you hear?

Gae wouldn't choke on his cock so Faeeq got mad and shitposted about him until they were no longer friends. The end. ERP ruins friendships.

ancora hardbarb

Terry Longbarb

femsura preparing her outfit for a rousing night of bastilles & bookahs

That doesn't make any sense, Vae offered to choke on it.

I have a pretty big dick...

is the barb part really necessary?

yes, dont bother making a mcharr if you're not going to do it

but i wanted an epic story name, something with a nice ring to it, nobody will respect me if i mention my barb in it! i'll be having to mumble my last name every time i say it and hope people didn't hear it well

Why is Faeeq allowed to be guild leader? He's easily the worst shitposter on this general.

Of course you baka.

Bras Rockfist
Kromm Axetosser
Pothos Woundgash

1st for kill the meta, go out and have fun in a new build/spec today! Make non meta builds great again! Don't bring one of those filthy metas into your raid!

>ctrl f >tfw no femcharr wife
>0 results
>tfw no femcharr wife

S U P E R S P E E D
R A I D
E N G I

Did you take the offer?

You can't kill the meta. It exists because people enjoy playing the game efficiently and some builds simply are more efficient than others. Kill yourself if you make people take longer to clear any content that is more challenging than open world, and kill yourself even more if you drag your team down in PvP with non-meta builds.

Meta autist tears like yours are the best. I'll keep having fun playing nomads warrior while you scream at the monitor because of suboptimal DPS.

Oh no, I inconvenienced someone for 5 minutes, better go kill myself!

Yall meta fuckers are something. Shit mostly, but something.

woops

It is very cold today

Can i barb you tonight? I'll be in the guild hall waiting.

>corrupting purity incarnate

>that thing
>pure

did someone say GUILD MISSIONS

here's the good parts

That Vae clone doesn't look very happy

He misses Vae

Maybe some day, but not tonight

We all do. The threads lost its soul without him

not really, vae ruined it by spamming his white grinch and insisting on shitposting because he's a stubborn cuck with time to kill

Stop the smear campaign faeeq. Deep down you miss him too

>white grinch

Those femsura are on my hitlist

Give me the colorfulsura

And so the thread dies yet again.

never

rest in peace, sweet prince

Persevere little thread, receive the liiiiight!

Wake up and resist the gloomy blight!

I know it's foolish to expect miracles from a shaken foundation, but it's nice to dream. Sometimes that's all you really need, a positive perspective to plant in that head of yours for nicer things to persist.

If you had one wish, what would you want from the big update on the 11th of this month? What would make you happy? If you prefer to be realistic but still optimistic, which confirmed portions of the update (if any) are you most excited about?

This is what pre-launch /gw2g/ would've done, rambled on and on about hopes and dreams before making fun of Marielx about his love of ketchup and steak or Steadman and Indexer's odd neo-Nazi charr cult. Tell me what excites you, /gw2g/.

>This is what pre-launch /gw2g/ would've done
Then post launch /gw2g/ all quit within the month

I would like biweekly small content updates back, and maybe some festivals again. I wanna have fun like when i first joined.
I wouldnt mind playing attack on lions arch again.

wow that is one obese rat on the left
where's calsi?

Not all of them.. I'm still here! So are a few others whom I met, I think.

I'm most excited about hairstyles. I know they've been datamined for a little over a month now and I like new hairstyles. The desert borderland map is also coming back and even though most of the WvW community dislikes it, I like that it adds some variety to the borderlands. ArenaNet has also expressed interest in changing the guardian's mace skills, or just the auto attack, so that's something else I'm looking forward to.

I really want to delve deeper into Rata Novus when the third season of the living story is released, there's also been some hints on the third raid wing about the Northern Shiverpeaks in a stronghold built by the White Mantle.. I want to see Drakkar again. Big hammerhead ice drake!

>thinking any of that shit will happen
There's being hopeful and then there's being delusional

CRINGE

>and maybe some festivals again.

That would be wonderful, user

I personally miss the Queen's Gauntlet and the zergy events that happened beneath it. Those nights spent with the entire map on a TS server working together to keep the farm going! It felt friendly spending time with everyone, hearing their jokes, hopping between instances together, listening to music together. When I was still in Blackgate I remember having the best times listening to others on TS, now I'm on Tarnished Coast and it seemed like the good old WvW tournament drama days have faded away but I believe if they ever bring back the Queen's Pavilion festival events, people would resort to grouping up in the same way I cherished years ago.

I still say the Labyrinthine Cliffs can be repurposed with lots of Canthan and even some Elonian merchandise and flavor. Ships from all around the world introducing decorations, food and their respected recipes, material exchanges, etc without the Zephyr Sanctum.

Mordremoth and Zhaitan are both dead now, so why not celebrate those achievements with Dragon Bash? The new New Lion's Arch already looks like a seaside Disney World, so why not spice it up further with draconian decorations and festivities?

Adding festivals back would be a great idea user, especially during the Summer

Well lads I've made it to 59 on my mesmer and I think I'm running out of steam. How can I break up the tedium of leveling in this game?

You can't, it's the same shit until 80 unless you want to go level in wvw

Which server are you on? I ask because you still gain experience in WvW so perhaps tagging along with a zerg will break the boredom from PvE grinding. My first character I got to level 80 was a ranger and I hopped onto WvW when he was around level 60 and just ran around with a zerg until max level

If I were you, I'd grab a torch and race down to the last map at Orr. There's temples throughout Orr that sell level 80 exotic gear for karma when successfully completed, same for trinkets and a backpiece

If their last login is any indication, I think they quit.

Don't ever level mesmer manually, you freak.

>How can I break up the tedium of leveling in this game?
>Levels mesmer
There's your problem.

which is the best class to level up first then?