/agdg/ - Amateur Game Dev General

5 Hours Remaining Edition.

Go play some DEMO DAY GAMES RIGHT NOW and leave some feedback.

>Demo Day (Nine)
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-9

>Next Game Jam (Space)
itch.io/jam/agdg-space-jam
Collab: pastebin.com/NEPv0pPC

Helpful Links: tools.aggydaggy.com/# (Still in beta)
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg/

>Chats
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgamedevcrew
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=vidyadev

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/Qi63yBxd (embed)

>Previous Jams
pastebin.com/hVhvNWLw

>Engines
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
Godot: godotengine.org/
Haxe: haxeflixel.com/
LÖVE: love2d.org/
UE4: unrealengine.com/what-is-unreal-engine-4
Unity: unity3d.com/

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org/
blender-models.com/
mayang.com/textures/

>Free audio
machinimasound.com/
freesound.org/browse/
incompetech.com/music/
freemusicarchive.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WAhmy0msdnk&list=PLNFhEAYik9wZCbhoFLz-PsI-6747DxwCo&index=7
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/registry/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Dumb advice, I need to make my game good to others too.

Fucking kill me.

The best possible OP pic.
He was still working on it isn't?

>The artwork isn't even complete
>Uses as OP anyways
Rude tbqhwy.

I wanna make a tactical robot rpg but all I can do is bullshit sketches I wish I could code instead.

This IMO

Sorry. couldn't resist tb.h.

it was the best possible thing to be in the OP

A true spiritual sequel to syndicate set on a generation ship

imagine how much kickstarter bucks you can get from dejected syndicate fans after the FPS shit that was released

>hair receive bullet
This is not for the dev, but for all of you reading this message. Do you think the others are good? Think they are neat? Think they are almost ready for sale?
Think again, motherfuckers. This game here is fucking genius. What, you think it's just some shitposting shit? Just play it. I dare you. It won't take you even a minute to notice how fucking incredible this game is.
Let me give you a spoiler: It will blow your fucking mind.
Great job dev. I'm looking forward to your next masterpiece.

>Zero Quest
This game is great, man. Just great. The graphics are nice, the music is nice, the characters are good and it's even funny. That's hard to achieve.
The QWEASDZXC layout is really hard to get used to, but I think you could fix most of the complaints by just using S as the down key.
The game crashed when I pressed the "End" key. The list of characters didn't update until I restarted the game when the full crew got together. I have no idea of how to use skills without using the mouse.
Also, I'm a fucking scrub so I died really quickly in the Ninja Fort.
Instead of just pressing Space, it would be nice to just press the last key you pressed. Like, if you're attacking up with W, you just need to time your W key instead of spacebar. This way you could even control most actions with only one hand. Really comfy. The problem of this implementation is defending, but you could just press the direction from where the enemy is attacking you? Like if he's on your left just press A. Just some food for thought. Good luck on your game, I really want to see it finished.

Probably, but it's better than using a pic that can start a war a 3 diferent general like last time.

>true american
>not hating spics
wwwwwwwwwww

youtube.com/watch?v=WAhmy0msdnk&list=PLNFhEAYik9wZCbhoFLz-PsI-6747DxwCo&index=7

I have a new found respect for DSP.

>Bokube
The cat told me about one bokube I saw and that I should save but I didn't see any.
Pressing E to rotate never camera never ever works the first time. The camera rotates fine, but never the first time.
Even though I was playing with the fastest settings the game still wasn't at 60fps and some visuals were bugged (probably because of the fastest settings)
Nothing much else to say when Black cat constantly shits on your game and lays down some truths.
I don't know if it's because I dislike the genre or something, but I feel like everything in your game is trying to make me waste time.
Many times you rotate the screen just to find that one camera position that's ideal, you constantly walk through extremely narrow paths and swarms of enemies that can easily kill you and make you start all over again, you have to constantly stop moving to focus on the mouse (trackpad in my case) and get rid of useless shit that even brainless monkeys could do, and you ALWAYS need to go push some pink block that will most certainly put you through even more punishment paths. Nothing lets me just like beat level, always with the whole bureaucratic bullshit.
But then again, that might be just me.

Okay. This is is for me. No more video-games. I just like wanna dev.

Hey steamshitter which game is yours?

Oh...

Friendly reminder to not believe BunnyDev's lies.

What happened? Is there no lewd outfit?

No. He lied to get downloads and, who would've guessed, it worked.

>Instead of just pressing Space, it would be nice to just press the last key you pressed. Like, if you're attacking up with W, you just need to time your W key instead of spacebar. This way you could even control most actions with only one hand. Really comfy. The problem of this implementation is defending, but you could just press the direction from where the enemy is attacking you? Like if he's on your left just press A. Just some food for thought. Good luck on your game, I really want to see it finished.

Hey... that's actually a really good idea. It even makes defending require (more) skill because you have to react quickly to the direction the enemy is attacking from.

Thanks!

Wow RUDE

looks cool!
i'm just starting now myself

i'm gonna go with the 'dodge things' theme too

My game has a naked character first thing, and it didn't help my downloads.

I mean, that skeleton isn't wearing shit. He's got his bones out for the whole world to see.

Thank you for that, it gave me a few laughs.

Sorry for lack of sound and the amount of bugs, it will be much more polished for the next demo day.

Also, you have good review voice, are you reviewing all submissions?

i literally downloaded a unity asset extractor and .dds file viewer just to try to see the lewd costume, then apparently one of them was a virus and I panic installed AVG

bunnydev sure got me good

(but yeah, one of the assets really is called "secret costume" so it probably is real)

skeleton
boomerang

If you're another step in the vidya industry corporate ladder, sure.

Indies should be making the games they want to make/play.

It's so fucking hard to learn art. It's so frustrating. Makes me want to quit this dumb learning process altogether and just pay some fucking shmuck to do it, goddamn.

>waifu game
>it plays like shit
Wow who would have guessed!

>if you're indie it means your game should be shit

the thing that gets people is not seeing the nudity, it's the ANTICIPATION of seeing the nudity

the longer you drag out the anticipation, the longer you have to reel people in

clearly it worked, even on a 'sophisticated' audience like this one

I could make a waifu game that doesn't play like shit if I had a free released 2D or 3D cute girl.

Waifus are love waifus are life

I don't want to play a shitty game.

>One of them was a virus.

That's funny, other user commented like two threads before that the Idol Comm@nder process writes to the Registry.

I wonder.

if Giant Knight dev is here I want you to know I loved your game

it was fun and very satisfying to play. not to shit on skeleton boomerang dev but your roll felt much more responsive for some reason

>a 'sophisticated' audience like this one
We literally gave a tranny shitposting "dev" (You)s here.

I think demoday is a stupid tradition

You're welcome, senpai. I'm looking forward to not having to use an extra key just to attack/defend.

See

I think you're a stupid tradition

Just like make art.

I was going to run all the games in sandboxie but ultimately I didn't give a shit

writing to registry isn't an inherently bad thing, you know. it could be "last run" data, highscores, anything

How would you implement hitstop with GM:S?

Stop trying to push that model.
You can't do anything with that model.
Want me to prove that you can't do anything with that model?
Fine then I'll do something only to show you that you can't do anything with that model.

event system allowing choices is ready, time for a break

also post ideas for soldier characters

>BunnyDev on full damage control
ayy

Set room speed to 0 during one frame.

>every game you downloaded was picked up by your anti virus and they blocked it like your moms cock

well this is actually very depressing. is /agdg/ really this toxic?

Lying IS rude though. Have you no manners?

you're lower than mt stupid

>is /agdg/ really this toxic?
We literally gave a tranny shitposting "dev" (You)s here.

Not that anyone cares any more since it's already the end of DD9 but I'm almost done.
It's a terribly designed shmup but there's only so much I could do in less than 5 days

>what is sandboxing

>pink will never sit on your face

why live?

I mean like real way. Would having something like this in begin step do it?
>if hit_stop == 1 {exit;}

I'm jelly of jelly

>people still believing that the agdg devs are hackers
Are we invaded by 12yo summer kids or what?

>he put together a shmup in 5 days
I've been trying for 2 weeks.

Then don't make a shit games.

When artwork this is done and if it has my character in it, I'm printing this out and framing it. This Demo Day thing has been awesome.

if global.hit_stop == true
break

end step:
hit_stop = false

boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/registry/
hmmm

Actually no. Fuck that, I'm not rigging something that complex and unorganized.

>not to shit on skeleton boomerang dev

Feel free to shit on it, the feedback is helpful.

Sorry senpai, you honestly shouldn't play or dev without a mouse using solely a track-pad for both is disgusting desu. You should also play with a graphics card, the required specs are really low right now and playing on fastest makes most of the visuals shit so people will LOW TIER cards can play, so I guess you don't have one?

>nothing just lets me just like beat level.

Please git gud senpai I'm not going to water down difficulty for track pad super low spec users no offense all love senpai.

Though thanks for the feedback on the rotating camera bug, I will try to fix that famzila.

a female translesbian black character with pink hair shaved on one side only.

>senpai
>desu
>git gud
Just stop posting please.

I really like this art style
how might I git gud like you

fred pls

How do we eliminate the weeb problem?

How easy is it to start doing 3D models? Pixel art is just too time consuming, and I'm not very good at it anyways. I already have zbrush and blender

it's simple, you leave

First, we get off the website made for weebs.

Shitpost this general until it is unbearable for anyone to be here.

>thinks pixel art is too time consuming
>wants to do 3d models
OH BOY

you kill yourself.

forgot 4chin replaces fa.m and t.b.h with WEEB.

I care. There can never be too much touhou.

progress

that's it I'm doing jelly x pink next

alright, I feel there's some disconnection between the boomerang and roll mechanics. rolling through an enemy feels cool and I wanted to do it all the time, yet the boomerang is a ranged weapon. so you either roll and hit them melee, or you stay away and plink them from a distance

also, being locked in the roll animation for so long feels like absolute shit. I think you should either let the player cancel it or make it shorter/faster

there's more but I don't want to write a book

Its a different beast.

Obviously its easier to get simple art done with pixel art, but I think its easier to get better looking 3D models than really good pixel art.

I'm talking like top tier stuff.

Top tier Pixel art like SNK or Capcom in their prime is insane.

So what I'm saying is that Pixel art has the lowest skill floor and a higher skill cieling, where as 3D models have a higher skill floor and a lower skill cieling.

Makes sense?

See this score? bunnydev thinks it's totally acceptable.

Don't worry, I will play your game and post here a no bomb run.

What now?

I really want to make game, but I'm not sure where to start. I don't know how to code, either,

I'd honestly say that deserves a C.

The game has a bug where you can input the "notes" with the game paused, so you can easily get a perfect score like that. There's no secret costume though

Read the manual

Not even this dev but you should write a book. The whole point of the demo day is feedback.

Anyone can sit and play their game and since they know the nuances they know how it works. Other people don't. Other peoples feedback can help improve your game a shitload more than just sitting there coding away yourself.

Who's your agdg waifu?

Remaking the MC again. Yup.

Please disregard the wonky anatomy - Will work on it tomorrow.

No problem!

And I'll try to review more demos later today.

i kinda like this

This looks like ass, what is that even supposed to be, a dragon or a dinosaur? Also, what the fuck is up with the lighting?

Right now she's the lewdest.

>making a strategy game
>so far its all manly men
>think I should put in some waifu units just for marketing and generating hype

Aren't you the guy that was working with rotate? What the fuck happened to rotate anyway?

Satellite Reign was pretty okay

fuck you dumb fags who are trying to get popular with cute girls how about you try making a good honest game fucking dumb weebs

Pretty cool but the mask is too straight.

You really should my man, I'm not even saying this ironically, sadly this is the reality of modern indie dev.