/lozg/ The Legend of Zelda General

Welcome to the Legend of Zelda general. Talk about Zelda games old and new, and all discussions related to the entire franchise in its various forms. Share and discuss art, music, news developments, timeline theories, speedrunning strats, etc.

/lozg/ #19 - Zelda over the years Edition

Previous thread: First Thread: boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/145713334/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Infobin
pastebin.com/E8FjmmKD

BotW Known Item Stats:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r6bbN74Bvbsm7nQ9TYDPhtM-DBXMADweKqKYTuaFG_I/edit?usp=sharing

>More Zelda 1? Check Zelda Classic's romhacks:
zeldaclassic.com/

>News/DevelopmentsTwilight Princess Picross:
my.nintendo.com/rewards/93fc36d80848c6dc

TloZ - "Symphony of the Godesses" concert tour
zelda-symphony.com/pages/schedule

TloZ Card Game
gamespot.com/articles/the-legend-of-zelda-trading-cards-listed-online/1100-6439912/

Twilight Princess manga in the west
nintendolife.com/news/2016/05/the_legend_of_zelda_twilight_princess_manga_is_coming_to_the_west

BotW Link figurine in production:
gonintendo.com/stories/260163-medicom-reveals-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-figurine

>Official /lozg/ Drawfag station
flockmod.com/lozg

Other urls found in this thread:

exhentai.org/g/605326/b6c110efe8/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Cremia

>Oracle of Seasons/Ages was made in 2001
Damn...

This thread has no fuck fi or tulpabro
Ded Thred

I WANT TO FUCK FI

Here now. Other Ops a ass

Fifth for lewd Links!

Skyward Sword's motion controls were annoying at times but it gave you some great boss fights. The Lord Ghirahim fights were great and the Demise fight was terrific. I loved how the final boss (both of them) was nothing but swordplay and the run down the hill was intense too.
If they do a remake would they be able to make the same level of enjoyment without the motion controls? Would you prefer buttons?

I WANT TO FUCK MIDNA

*Obligatory well wishes from tulpabro go here*

We all do user, we all do.

SHE AIN'T REAL NIGGA

That whole segment was fantastic. There should have been a greater variety in the enemies, some sort of miniboss before the boss before the boss.
There's so much about the game that is motion controls that a remaster without a Wii control would be a really different game. Easier to just turn on and laze around though.

DON'T YELL AT ME.
Be nice.

Seems like some people are grumpy tonight, here is some Saria for you all.

I want to befriend Saria and get naked with her.

Don't talk about Grandma like that.

Hay guise get this; I had an idea for new Sword but instead of a normal sword THIS puppy would have a face on it's guard. You can equip Masks to it and it transforms the sword.
Pretty flippin nifty eh guise? Guise?

How about just giving us a Razor Sword that doesn't fucking break.

The Demise fight was hype as fuck but I didn't really care for Demise. His design looked weird and his personality felt generic, more so than Ganondorf's. I don't know maybe it's just because he's around for twelve seconds before you ice him.
I did like how Lord Ghirahim was his sword AI though, it makes his personality a lot more enjoyable. It's a pity Fi couldn't be half the character he was.

But Saria is my friend.

Well, Ghirahim was around for Eons. Long enough to at least develop hatred and anger. Fi was around for just a while on a quest with Link.
Perhaps through all the games with new Links becoming the Hero of the Legend she might have gained some more insight into happiness and what not.

When is Fi coming back?

You're under arrest fucko

A quick shoop whoop and boop took care of those gross watermarks.
Now you have a nice wallpaper.

Thanks.
I prefer my current wallpaper though.

Oh please, tell us more.

Survey!

Number of Zeldas under your belt:
Hype level for BotW out of 10:
Why do you browse /lozg/?:

Pretty sure she's like a hundred and two.

Jesus christ alive is it set to a high enough contrast?

>You will never see Hylia reclaim her sword Fi.

Eons isn't very specific. I got the impression is was probably a thousand or so years.
Fi is dead user, you'll never hear her again.

Still a body of a child.

Why is Saria so lewd?

At least make a new survey since it's anew thread

So that Nintendo patent for the touch screen buttons, was actually for a handheld with 3D interfaces and stuff.

So there is still hope for the NX!

sure

Add some new things to the survey, like what's your favorite Zelda, favorite overall character, favorite waifu/husbando, favorite Link/Zelda/Ganon-villain incarnation, etc.

meant for

Didn't realize those were the rules, sorry

How can she be lewd when she friendzoned herself knowing that Link had to save Hyrule?

Because she likes the way the short shorts feel on her.

This add a bunch of shit like favorites of varying specificity.

Well it's mostly that people here have already filled out out, we only have so many people really.

>Age:
>Age you started playing Zelda:
I don't remember, I was very young the frist time I saw my brother playing AoL, not too long after he let me try OoT
>Number of Zeldas under your belt:
Just one, riding me right now.
>Hype level for BotW out of 10:
I don't have a WiiU and no job to buy games or consoles/10
>Why do you browse /lozg/?:
Art, waifu discussion and annoying people with Dark Souls references/memes.

The entire ending was intense as fuck.
Ghirahim's final fight is my favorite in the game, the run down the hill was great action and of course you get Groose's best moment which is the best scene in the whole game.
I ended up going up against Demise with three hearts left and no potions. I almost beat him except he tricked me with the dodging the first fatal blow.

With gusto. 3 parts incoming :^)

>tfw your two favorite scenes in SS are

Link's rage moment at Ghirahim at the Lanayru Temple of Time and Link's sadness when Zelda sealed herself

I love moments like those in the series, Midna's Lament, the stuff with Saria, Anju/Kafei. I just love pure raw emotion like that in Zelda and it really fits well for the series.

NOOOOOO
What have you done?

That would kill my eyes.

>Groose's best moment which is the best scene in the whole game.

Groose has a lot of great moments. Loved the meta joke about it being this being his Legend of Groose

All you need is bluetooth, just press 1+2 and then pair the controller, Dolphin will detect the controller and automatically assign it to Player 1.

For the other thing, I did play the entire game with no bar, but for the very first part it requires you to actually aim the controller to the screen. Also the game utilizes the motion bar to know where the front/center is when using your sword/selecting items/flying/swimming/flying the beetle. So if you play with none, the controller won't have a point of reference and will start drifting all over the place assuming where the center/front is. To fix that all you have to do is set the wii mote within Dolphin to Hybrid and configure it like in pic related. Whenever you press spacebar dolphin will force a perfectly centered remote on the screen allowing you to recenter the controller in a few secs or just a quick press when using the sword for example. Absolutely necessary or else you won't even get past the race at the start of the game.

Are you running any texture packs or is this just the game itself running on Dolphin?

I was just being "cute" dude, I'm not posting it

>Age: 23
>Age you started playing Zelda: 9 or 10 playing LA on my GBA.
>Number of Zeldas under your belt: 9, everything up to the Wii, except for Zelda 2, which I've never beaten.
>Hype level for BotW out of 10: 5. Curious, but unconcerned since I don't have a Wii U.
>Why do you browse /lozg/?: Lewd Link pics and shitposting.

In Breath of the Wild I want a dungeon that you have to take the Master Sword to so it can be restored, and I want the dungeon to be Skyloft. It's drifted back down to the ground after centuries but it hasn't touched down yet. It's totally desolate and abandoned, there are hardly any monsters it's just a puzzle dungeon and you have to take the sword back to the temple of Hylia to repair its power and when the master sword is drawn after being restored inside the temple, for just a second, it glows and makes the sound just like when Fi had something to say.

Since we're posting wallpapers, here's what I'm using.

I liked it when Impa chewed Link out at being late at the Edin temple (I think that was the one).
Actually one of my favorite parts of Skyward Sword was finding my way into Zelda's room in Skyloft. I feel like that should have gotten a cutscene in itself, or even a unique track in the OST, it should have been more emotional than it was.

A few "HD" textures, but theyr'e all pretty much limited to skyloft.

The game just has great art style

It's pleasing enough to me.

That sounds neat, mind hashing it out?

>Dungeon Name (optional)
>Theme/Aesthetic (ie: Forest/Mansion or Volcano/Mines)
>Item(s) Obtained
>Types of Puzzles (ie: Light puzzles, water raising/lowering, or something abstract and unique)
>Boss (ie: Dragon, Poe, etc.)

Favorite dungeon of all time and I'm a MMfag

Thanks, but I don't see pic related.

Right, I'm retarded. The "!SPACE" is because of how dolphin works, the ! in front means it's always on, but this is the hide function so it works great.

I missed the last few threads, because SGDQ. Anything interesting found about BotW? Anything new here besides I want to fuck Fi and Midna posting?

I always kind of wondered why Ghirahim had a human form as a disguise in the first place, if he sided with the demons, was corrupted by them, or initially created by them and so on.

Kind of makes me wonder if Ghirahim was some faulty offshoot AI (maybe even the initial Skyward Sword) who wanted to become human or to be recognized as such, and Demise took advantage of this by baiting him by offering him humanity or the chance to be treated as something else other than a weapon. But of course it was all a trick and Ghirahim was convinced or corrupted to think otherwise. That would explain the human disguise/form, why he's so over the top and campy with his emotions and demeanor and the like.

It's disappointing that the game had hints of exploring this AI/humanity concept with Fi and Ghirahim, and I can't help but get the impression that it was initially abandoned due to fear or development crunch time. Would've really been interested in Fi gaining more human-like qualities and emotions over the course of the game, changing her calculative speech into something more casual, reacting to the events around her and not. But it didn't happen. Not to mention that t's pretty horrible seeing how Ghirahim and Fi were treated by both sides - literally just weapons designed to fulfill a purpose and eventually "die" after doing so. Even though it's clear that both can develop emotions and the like.

Man, SS's plot was just so cookie-cutter and safe in general. And for the few risks it did take, it took all the wrong ones.

Uh
BotW's plateau is definitely the remnants of OoT's castle town?
People are now convinced that the game takes place in the downfall timeline after someone posted a picture of a Korok in a photograph or painting from either TFH or ABLW.

That's it I think.

Actually at that spot right now (I'm bouncing back and forth between OoT3D and MM3D.

>picture of a Korok in a photograph or painting from either TFH or ABLW
Really? Mind posting it?

I like the hands in the dark version...
lewd..

Unfortunately I don't have the pic. Maybe someone else has it.

>Age
>Age you started playing Zelda
Probably 4 or 5 with OOT
>Number of Zeldas under your belt:
>Hype level for BotW out of 10:
6/10. Used to be way higher.
>Why do you browse /lozg/?:
Cute Links and theory time

I just think that they can change between sword form and humanlike form. Fi just didn't do it because she wasn't told to, while Ghirahim was told to do everything he could to revive his master.

Sure. You just have to... come a little closer.

>that pic
>My dick when
exhentai.org/g/605326/b6c110efe8/

>exhentai.org/g/605326/b6c110efe8/
Majora's Mask is also hanging on a wall in LBW. They're just easter eggs.

That speaks to me on so many levels. They should make more content like that

Oh, w-whoops, seems I snuck in my clipboard there.

Why would Ghirahim even need to use a human form? He was on the surface for hundreds of years, it's not like he had to fool or trick any humans or hylians in the process. His dialogue makes it pretty clear that he has likes and dislikes, that he developed preferences. So it's not a stretch to assume he took on a human form because he preferred it more over his original sword form. It seems like he only switched to the sword form due to his mandatory transformations and Link continuously fucking up his goals.

Plus, seeing Fi develop emotions and an actual personality over the course of the game would've made her far more likable in general, but whatever.

If nothing else she showed signs of something at the end of the game. Yes not enough, but she has potential. I just wish she could be brought back

Yeah, but as you've already said, it was forced and shoehorned. Either the idea was scrapped or they gave her some humanity at the end in a desperate attempt to evoke some emotion out the player (and it fails spectacularly.) Or maybe it was both.

>and it fails spectacularly
Perhaps for you. Of course I agree with you in regards to it not being nearly enough, but that line and what she says at the end was nice.

They could have made a gradual shift to a more human-like Fi

But they didn't

It was robots until the end

So uh, do I get a map at some point or some directions?

Modern games have made me weak to old stuff sadly

Nope! Just wander around and eventually you'll get your bearings.

So you really only need !SPACE on the configuration, and that's it? You don't need to set buttons or anything? Because currently I'm stuck on this.

There was a map included when you bought the game. The first level is just a little bit north of where you are.

Try making you own map.
Also, burn EVERYTHING.

You did set it to hybrid right? Also made sure your batteries aren't dead?

I mean, the real control does everything, so yeah only !SPACE

>Try making you own map.
I've seen the map before and it's fucking massive. I don't have the will power man

Yeah I did. Maybe it's because I'm using the WJoy application.

Yeah don't. Just connect your wiimote to your PC and let dolphin detect it automatically, you don't need anything else.

Also in that part you're setting the Hybrid, so don't select your wiimote again, select keyboard input under device.

It's 2017.
I'm sitting at my desk with my day one 500gb Zelda themed NX Day One amiibo bundle.
Start Breath of the Wild.
It's glory.
I summon doggo friend and we explore.
Glory increases.
I find a sword. I don't need a shield.
Glory feels good.
I hop on a horse and doggo follows.
Glory tingles in my toes.
I find a bow and some arrows.
Glory tingles in my hands.
Realise Horse/Bow/Sword/Doggo combo is Glory.
Legend of Zelda: Shadow of the Colossus.
Glory be.

>doggo
Stopped reading

DOGGO NOT WOLF

The word is retarded and if you use it you probably should be killed.

DOGGO BROUGHT GLORY
GLORY BE

You guys underestimate the meaning behind Fi wishing Link good luck.
>She didn't tell him his chances of surviving

So what is up with Project64 sometimes taking screenshots and other times just flat out refusing regardless of hitting the button or not?

>alt+tab out of game
>application pauses the game

Anyone know if there's a setting in windows to keep stuff running or a program that does that?