/pgg/ - Pokemon Go General

Funny pokemon/gym names edition

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/YP458esi (embed)
Feel free to add more.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

county10.com/201021174044426240
medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f#.ttlddzez7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for DRAGONITE COME THE FUCK OUT

Is there a way to discard eggs?

How's your roster looking?

first for spoofing

first of all pokemon dont exist

(just walked 2 km and didn't see anything)

>>implying it's possible to hold a gym for more than 15 minutes unless you live in the sticks
git gud and be way ahead of everyone else. Everyone is maxing at 800 CP near me and almost everything I have is 1.2k or higher. My shit is secure.

>be me
>with about 4 other friends finding pokemon
>after about 1 hour we see a lure module go up
>we go to it and find another small group of people in a car
>we chat
>one friend is an absolute madman and puts more modules down
>15 minutes later there are about 25 other people
>we all have a good time finding pidgeys, rattatas, and a few other common pokemon

pic was the stupidity that my friends and I made. How’s your night going guys?

>Everyone is maxing at 800 CP near me and almost everything I have is 1.2k or higher
lol
meanwhile at my ~500 cp suburb

It's OK

Shit

Who here /havingagoodtime/?

I've only taken 1 gym, but instantly got 10 coins. Is that not how it works? (Not the guy you're replying to)

>Bill Cosby

>almost everything I have is 1.2k or higher
post pics

Just had that shit happen to me!

>Live in small town
>Have 4 gyms, about 10 pokestops in total
>Some madmen light up 2 pokestops with 2 lures at the same time
>About 20 or so people come over there

>Me and my friend are the only ones that try to make conversation with others
>Some people creepily sit in their car for 5 minutes and then leave again
>Some are nice and walk by
>Some sit down and have a conversation
>Mostly, worth it

I work in the city and held 10 gyms for roughly 20 hours... ???

i dont have any friends

AAAAHHH I HATE MY IPHONE 4S

stop showing off you dickhead :(

>that name
absolute madman. What do you say when you talk to other players IRL? I don't have the stones for that. Was gonna name myself Nuck Figgers but decided against it. Have run into a shit ton of people face to face, would be really embarrassing to explain such a name

Doing okay, could be better. Really need to get another Eevee, have a 309 ready to evolve.

Save up those GBPs

>this sheer level of diversity
nice

what does favoriting do btw?

I tell people that i didnt think i would actually play this game seriously when i first started out, hence why im a girl that my name is gasse fucking kikes. the few people that did ask me in the park just laughed it off though

I pity anyone missing out on the 24/7 pokemon block party experience

I wan't an Arcanine so bad, my favourite Pokemon. I have only seen three Growlithes and caught two.

Trading when?

has anyones pokemon started to pop out of their balls when trying to capture them today?

I'm higher level than yesterday and the same level pokemon that I was catching yesterday are suddenly not cooperating and breaking out frequently

Nothing in particular, it just lets you check only those via the menu.

Can you get the bonus from a gym multiples times a day if you retake it over and over again?

>24/7 block party
>still only level 12
pls user try harder

you get a general defender bonus once per day. if you have one gym when you activate your bonus, you get one bonus. if you belong to 5 gyms when you activate your bonus you get 5 bonuses.

r8 muh main, I need some more of that sweet, sweet stardust

Haha, yea. I caught the 806 one, then evolved a 432 Growlithe for the other later that day. Feelsgoodman.

Has anyone seen a Ditto??

>fucking fags spending money on this game
>how am i supposed to compete with people who buy an advantage?
>these people are so high leveled this isnt fair
>this is bullshit i get nothing and everyone else is getting shit like its christmas
>this game is so pay to win

>Always wanted to live in a city since I was a kid
>Various reason, places open late to eat, lively community
>This just becomes another reason
Fuck im so jelly

whatever lad I'll be 17 before I go to bed tonight

I'm deep in lucky eggs so I'm shooting for at least 20 or 21 tomorrow

I really hate some of you and the shit you somehow find

Been sitting in lures all day since yesterday and have nothing except for 80 Pidgeots and a decent level

tfw haven't spent a dollar and higher CP and level than some people I met who have spent money.

heres a pic of some of the people

I've got to say I'm kinda pissed the game isn't letting me use my google rewards money on it.

It doesn't recognize the account even though it's the one I logged in with

You don't even need money. Just flip gyms.

What benefit are they getting exactly?

It's not pay to win, but it gives an advantage to people who live in areas with a bunch of stuff happening.

You can't even buy potions

Leveling this game is all about abusing lures and magic eggs.

Save up all your evolves for one time, I went from 11-14 in basically 10 minutes just by evolving everything at once.

go to the park and walk around with your friends you doofus.

I think my house is on top of a guaranteed drowzee spawn or something. I've got like 40 today.

>it is dark out
>biking around catching mad mons
>see lure in bad part of town
>go to the spot and nobodies there
>hang around for a little while
>get nervous and leave within 5 mins.
too many damn homeless junkies around there

Not in along with mew and mewtwo

Event pokemanz confirmed

>all guys
Why even bother unless you're luring a pokelass to your groin?

Is there a way to see a larger map of my area?

In a matter of three/four days, people basically hit the same point as far as training strategy goes as the beta's endgame. This isn't a complex game, it's just a treadmill grind.

>that moveset

9/10, get working on that CP

Girl finds dead body while playing Pokemon GO.

county10.com/201021174044426240

I hope she at least captured the Haunter nearby.

>One of the gyms is next to the police station
>Mfw

Haha! Not today, FBI

>went from 11-14 in basically 10 minutes just by evolving everything at once.
mfw I realized this strat only after I grinded for 10+ hours today

Hope they don't patch this shit before I can abuse it over the next couple of days

At least you don't have to deal with crime. People will forget about Pokemon Go after a month but you can't forget about the niggers living next door.

How many do you have and did you pay IRL cash for them? I have two I got from leveling (currently 11). Do I get more with more lvls?

i havent seen any other players yet ive had two homeless lookin dudes ask me for a light, they were nice but i know that feel. still sit there for hours though, need them balls

Rumor has it that if you go to the national mall, you'll hear screams of ecstasy and life-threatening agony as some people will find celebi but cannot touch it

Kek

To be fair I ran into about 5-8 chicks within a 2 hour span tonight.

>almost all white males

>mfw i ended up walking around catching pokemon with a group of three random hot chicks

>tfw being held back by the lack of local variety

Is there any way to take over a gym if its bugged? I just beat a gym and i couldnt take it. I heard an user saying if you move out of the radius during the fight you can take it. Can anyone confirm?

>yellow circle pokemon appears
>feed Razz Berries
>get "Nice" throw every time
>shithead still escapes
FUCK
what am I doing wrong?

The town is mostly jewish

You get them digies?

This is the intended grind strat, they won't patch it. It keeps people hooked on getting lucky eggs, and the impatient will buy lucky eggs. And let's be honest Niantic never bothers with patching or upgrades

tales from my 3.5 hour walk to and around the mall

>blastoise pops up 3 steps away
>assume i'll just not find him
>not paying attention to his steps, get to mall and suddenly walk right into him
>red circle, throw a ball, looks like i might have caught him but he gets out of the ball and escapes straight away
>lure modules and huge density of pokestops everywhere, go from 1 pokeball at the start to 69 pokeballs by the end of the day, and thats after catching all the pokemon during the trip
>catch a bunch of cool dudes: vulpix, ghastly, pidgeotto, psyduck, jigglypuff, horsea
>put a golbat in each of 3 gyms since all I had to start with was a bunch of golbats and other weak dudes
>kanghaskan on 3 steps keeps taunting me, never manage to track him even down to 2 steps but he follows me at 3 steps all the way home
>now even the weak pokemon I catch tend to be at least 100 cp to start with, sometimes 200

>see a junkie on a corner drinking alcohol, yelling at any car that comes past and spitting alcohol all over the cars
>police drive past but apparently don't notice
>remembered why I don't like walking around this town any more

how was your day pogo?

Tried that, still didn't work

>>get "Nice" throw every time

This is your problem. For whatever reason, Nice throw is actually a super shit throw.

The circle should be as small as possible.

its all bullshit, I struggled for ages to catch a fucking rattata and managed to get a wild blastoise first go

You really need an electric, ice or rock pokemon for all the flying shit people put in Gyms. I got my 2nd Vaporeon today which annoyed me, as I was hoping for a Jolteon to round out my Eevee trio. I have a kick arse 1500CP Lapras though which rapes all gyms.

guys what the fuck is the progress bar when you view pokemon

under the CP value

what the fuck does it measure and how is it related to leveling and evolution

is this ok for lvl 7

It's okay, black people won't be playing Pokemon GO cause its racist

medium.com/mobile-lifestyle/warning-pokemon-go-is-a-death-sentence-if-you-are-a-black-man-acacb4bdae7f#.ttlddzez7

Ofc, we've already planned another pokemon sesh. Apparently there are three pokecenters right near one of their places.

That's the maximum you can raise their CP. It raises with your trainer level.

That's pretty damn good for level 7! Nice work.

oh also while I had my portable charger plugged in, the phone charged more than it was draining with the app open

Degeneracy in cities are the main reason I rarely take a stroll around town.

Electric pokemon are hard to find, Jolteon is like the most accessible one.

Luckily my Porygon has discharge, so I can make do with that.

I live in Atlanta right near fuckin niggerville so I always want to go to pokestops late at night but am worried I will get muged

>(I play as a black female character because they are so few represented in video games.)
Holy cuck Batman

Woo pipe it up woo pipe it up

>University town
>50K residents, more students
>Downtown area has a dozen or so pokestops
>Everyone is at the square playing pogeymangos, drinking, listening to live music
>Bar owners are placing lures on all the stops
>~100 people all in one small alley that had three intersecting pokestops that were all lured

This was fun as fuck.

>that one black guy
did he rob the rest?

>Level 12
>About to hatch a 5k and 10k egg

Place your bets on pokemon or CP range

I can't find those types for the life of me. I have a 364 evee waiting to be evolved

I boosted to level 17 tonight so hopefully that helps

Meanwhile , me at level 7 with his pidgey army

Hitler reincarnation when

So what are some leveling strats?

Should I just junk all my lower pokemon, or evolve them for exp?

Electabuzz hatches from 10k eggs. Tentacool is easy to find near water and can learn electric moves. Jolteon is probably the easiest to find. I did find a couple of Vegemites and Voltorbs today with my son at the aquarium of all places.

PSA: Eevee and it's evolutions are absolutely broken, ABUSE THIS BEFORE THE VALUES GET NERFED

Average apparently. Have candies to evolve more but saving for when I lucky egg

Evolve.

Junk imo.

Candies are a huge barrier, so I normally keep the highest CP of each Pokemon, and junk the rest till I evolve, then repeat.

tfw

>I boosted to level 17 tonight so hopefully that helps
Did you plan it out so that you were evolving tier one pokes for 30 minutes straight using an XP egg? That's my game plan.

tfw can't find a Vegemite

Shit I'm in the same boat
UCF party ave has bars placing lures left and right.
Honestly having fuck tons of fun being Social

What kind of nicknames are you using? I'm not sure if I should create a cute gaaru or just a male with my real first name.