PlayStation Vita General 2676 - Best Sample Edition

Previous Thread: >Vitagen Website (News, Translations, Guides, Wikis and more)
vitageneral.com

==========================================

>Muv-Luv Official English Trailer
youtu.be/QSiL2Q9Kp3I

>DoAX3 Updates and Anime Crossover Coming
gematsu.com/2016/07/dead-alive-xtreme-3-vr-supp

>Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni Won’t Be Censored, Might Get a Physical Release
dualshockers.com/2016/07/08/naughty-ps-vita-exclusive-valkyrie-dri

>Dynasty Warriors: Eiketsuden Gets New Screens and Details
dualshockers.com/2016/07/08/dynasty-warriors-eiket

>Atelier Firis Sample Soundtrack
youtu.be/QGKDoO0-TLI

>Fate/Extella details and screenshots
gematsu.com/2016/07/fateextella-details-screenshots-karna

>One Piece: Burning Blood to add new characters as paid DLC
gematsu.com/2016/07/one-piece-burning-blood-add-rob

>Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni coming west in 2016
gematsu.com/2016/07/valkyrie-drive-bhikkhuni-comi

>Uchikoshi and 5pb. Want to Know if you Want Punch Line in the West
operationrainfall.com/2016/07/07/punch-line-west/

>10 minutes of World of Final Fantasy gameplay
youtu.be/aUGSNxfnsFE

>Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X “Sharing the World” and “Hand in Hand” DLC trailer
youtu.be/D7UdgEqnVEk

==========================================

>PS+ FAQ
support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2034

>PS+ Current Offerings
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-plus/

>PS Store Updates
(US) blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/
(EU) blog.eu.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store-update/

>PS Store Weekly Sale
(US) psprices.com/region-us/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita
(EU) psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=date&platform=PSVita

>PSN Friends List
friends.vitageneral.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yoUpP00T9Bc
twitter.com/mitsumi_m
mitsumi-web.com/
twitter.com/amaduyu
twitter.com/kawata_hisashi
twitter.com/smakis
twitter.com/kokonoka_mono96
twitter.com/Bou_wired
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't forget about Jannu, guys!

Who?

I Hope that user is happy now
good night vitagen

Will she get the D?

>tfw got EL+ for MSRP at AX
I was worried it'd be another Ar noSurge+.

>Odin Sphere
>good waifus
They're all taken

You promised you would marry /Jannu/!

English Shallie+ when?

I haven't the foggiest who you're even talking about

>proprietary memory that costs as much as the system
>no kickass homebrew
Why Sony why

Kill yourself.

Next year

Is it bathtime?

bumping from the last thread

Thanks everyone for the game suggestions.

Nevermind, user just answered in the last thread.

Thanks again.

rude

January at the earliest. The last one wasn't announced until October.

Ar Nosurge kinda sucks. Terrible framerate, animations and cutscenes. Battles aren't that fun either.

Jannu was a lesbian tough

It's always time for a good bath.

>doesn't like baths
sucks for you I guess. stinky

How does the animation suck in any way?

Kill yourself and this forced meme.

>low budget Gust game
>good animations

It's more of a VN than a JRPG, just keep that in mind

The art is great. Favorite part about it.

They're stiff as fuck.

>It's more of a VN than a JRPG, just keep that in mind
Was not aware of that. Thanks.

The art isn't very professional too

Listen man, I've heard nintenshits praise shitty 3ds games for good animations and then I look up youtube videos and they all look average shit from 1990's.

Can you do the same? Link to Ar Nosurge youtubes and prove the animation sucks.

Let it grow on you. Battle system is really simple and hard mode is just tedious, so avoid that. Other than that, the game is pretty good.

>conflicting options are hurting my trigger happy feelings!
...and I think I like it.

>They're stiff as fuck.
Didn't look particularly stiff to me.

>Was not aware of that. Thanks.
Should have asked before you buy it. That would have been the first thing you would have known.

Which atelier has the best opening video?

>Should have asked before you buy it.
This thread recommended it to me when I was asking for a good JRPG to jump into, right around the time that the game came out. No mention of VN at the time.

Sure it's my fault for not doing my own research but if that was commonly known at the time, nobody mentioned it.

Is PS4 Remote Play any good?

That's too bad for you.

You're obligated by contract to marry her, unless you leave Vitagen that is. eave and you won't be forced to marry the Jannu.

Man Trillion is brutal. I sacrificed the candy loli and got like 2% damage in. Do I only have the 6 girls from the start? Because I doubt that I'll make it.

You're probably referring to the time I said Fire Emblem Awakening had good animations (in combat) compared to the low budget stuff in most of the games I play. I still stand by that. I don't have an issue with it, but it's just something I noticed.

Dude just look at any Gust cutscene and everything is just stiff as fuck. You can see it even in their latest games Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie. It's to be expected from them doing cutscenes based on having characters perform a predefined set of animations to express some emotions. You can even notice the stiffness when characters stop and start walking.

Trails of Cold Steel is similarly stiff as fuck especially its combat animations, but it's still one of my favorite games recently. At least the sequel should improve on it.

I only ever really use it for VNs.
There's input lag and the analogues are hard to really be accurate with.

My favorite OP is E&L's, but Ayesha's is really good, too.

youtube.com/watch?v=yoUpP00T9Bc

>I won't be able to play Dark Souls III on my Vita
And just like that, a purchase avoided.

Can you actually link to a youtube clip that shows the ar nosurge battles having inferior animations?

It's not bad. Screen auto dims pretty quick so during cutscenes, long dialogue or if you're watching something from the media player it gets very annoying.

R8

Depends on if your wifi is good enough to use the 60 fps mode. The latency is really low, but still noticeable of course. You should find a video of people using it (60 fps)

I'm talking about the cutscenes being stiff since half the game is spent in cutscenes.

C'mon user, you can retreat three times per overlord and Princess Maker games aren't hard. You get a shitload of bonus points for picking some right choices (like their favorite foods, doing some extra training or taking on the instructor's challenge) as well as doing those side dungeon things and beating the wooden fuck every cycle.

You're a monster, try harder.

>Who is the main illustrator for DT2? Does s/he have a webpage?

====
Mitsumi Misato (みつみ美里):
twitter.com/mitsumi_m
mitsumi-web.com/

Fried, Melvy, Souffle, Conet, Liz

=====
Amaduyu (甘露樹):
twitter.com/amaduyu

Irena, Yuni

====
Kawata Hisashi (カワタヒサシ)
twitter.com/kawata_hisashi

Alisia, Mefmera

====
Sumaki Shungo (すまき 俊悟)
Probably this:
twitter.com/smakis

Fiora, Monica, Lilian

====
Kokonoka (ここのか)

Probably this:
twitter.com/kokonoka_mono96

Ist, El, Yae

====
Bou
Probably this:
twitter.com/Bou_wired

Tsurara, Grisherina

Higher polygon models. Nothing wrong with the character animations there.

Nobody mentioned it? I'm surprised, people usually do mention that if you don't like VNs you will not like this game. My bad then.

I guess they should have made the Ar Nosurge characters into 240P resolution chibi shit with amputated legs to satisfy your expectations.

You get more than 6 girls and Trillion becomes easier to kill as you go on.

I actually was thinking about retreating her but she was so fucking annoying that I thought I'd get some more damage in. I didn't know that guy would munch on her, on the other side I wish it had the corpse party death sounds, would make it more arousing.

Cutscenes? Are you talking about the VN/sprite sections that most games would have just used an actual 2d non-animated (or used that creepy live-2d stuff) instead of the 3d model?

You sounds like an AAA/burger-eater that's never played a JRPG before.

Those are the same models they use through out the entire game.

>My bad then.
Nah, still my fault for not doing more of my own research.

Vita gen still does that. I pointed out less than a week ago to somebody recommending it to an user who specifically asked for "good gameplay" that the recommendation was a bit misleading.

It's something that can't be faulted though. Having the ability to form an objective opinion in reference to recommendations is hard when the thing you're judging is a thing you like.

>Are you talking about the VN/sprite sections that most games would have just used an actual 2d non-animated

I miss the time when GUST used sprites desu

I swear I just stop and watch whenever I make something in ar nosurge

Even more so if Ion is the one dancing
Cooking >Misc > Equipment > Consumable dance

I don't see how Ar Nosurge gameplay is any worse than other JRPGs.

I liked the way it was build around the singer and her protector.

I've used it for some jrpgs with no issue but that's being in the same room.

What happened to bathtime?
The lack of baths is depressing.

AT2 sprites were fucking awesome. Liked it when they had those little ones in Sophie.

I don't know why you're so hostile about this. I'm just saying the cutscenes in all of Gust's games are very stiff. This is very apparent in Nights of Azure and Atelier Sophie when they have these excellent 3D models do stuff like turn in place and start/stop walking on a dime, with their feet almost floating on the ground as they move. This has nothing to do with liking chibis or 3DS resolution. I did want to point out that I was impressed by FE:F's smooth animations when I played it.

No, I'm talking about the cutscenes where they move around, spin around to talk to each other, and use a set of canned animations.

I already stated that I'm used to this sort of stiff animation in the low-budget games which are practically all the games I play so I don't really mind them. I pointed out another example of Trails of Cold Steel which is especially bad, like during when they try to use combat animations during story cutscenes and it's just super awkward. That can be chalked up to Falcom's transition into 3D games. There's obviously room for improvement in these cases.

Ar nosurge is a barebones JRPG since it focuses way more on the VN aspect.

The customization in your stats and equipment system are really lacking, and the crafting is really basic. There's barely any reward for exploration and leveling up doesn't give you a feeling of progression since you barely notice anything change.

>Dark skin with white hair

>I don't see how Ar Nosurge gameplay is any worse than other JRPGs.

It's not as in-depth as most JRPGs tend to be, and while the combat is serviceable, it's still pretty repetitive and can be summed up as a weak attempt at doing AT2 all over again without the variety for song magic and less characters in-combat to fuck around with.

I still like the game, but the best parts of it certainly aren't combat or exploration. At least the gameplay doesn't feel like an absolute chore like it did in AT3, though.

>any worse than other JRPGs
What is the point of reference you're using? RPG's from the third gen onward are not the same thing as the RPG's we've gotten this gen and last gen. For the sake of simplification we'll jump ahead a bit to combat:
1) The combat needs to be engaging
2) The combat needs to have some degree of difficulty
3) The combat should have some level of depth

Pretty easy rules really. 1 overlaps with 2 and 3 but is not the same, as you can have deep difficult combat that is not difficult. Furthermore, gameplay doesn't revolve around combat, but preperation instead:

Ar Nosurge's gameplay is light. The customization is light. The combat is light. The biggest focus of the game is not about the gameplay, but on character interactions. It is not a difficult game even for the most casual of players.

If somebody was asking for a game based on gameplay, I would not recommend them this. If he asked for a good game, I would recommend them this. See the difference?

>dark skin
>with any other colored hair

>1) The combat needs to be engaging
>2) The combat needs to have some degree of difficulty
>3) The combat should have some level of depth
These are all subjective issues.

I tend to go towards black hair or dark blues with dark skin.

To anyone that has the plat for Trillion, what strategy did you use to get all the endings? Feels like I'm taking way longer than I should to get these endings, like 2 hours just to get to the one of the later chapters once.

The point is, you would be praising the game instead if it was cheap chibi shit with passable animation.

Because that's the stuff you like. I bet you're also looking forward to World of FF

Dark skin with white hair is likte blonde hair with blue yes. Aesthetically pleasing, but utterly generic.

The 'it's subjective' statement only works on college students, user. When asked for an opinion with specifics, games aren't cast in a vacuum. You use games that have come before as a measure of reference.

And based on referential relations compared to other games on the market, the combat falls flat in comparison to other games.

So if somebody were to ask "hey does this game have good combat" you would first rate it against a game or games that do have great combat.

Make a save when Trillion is like a hit from dying. What are you doing?

Avoiding these basic design choices because they're generic is how you end up with deviantart original characters

The animations I praise in FE:F aren't chibi ones, they're the full sized combat models which are just missing feet. I mean you start the game and you're doing flips during attacks and shit, and it looked good to me. I don't like chibi, although I am looking forward to WoFF, thank you very much.

From what I read you apparently need them all on a single save for the plat, meaning you have to go through a ng+ for every ending.

>A dark-skinned character with non-white hair is deviantart

I just made Trillion weak enough with the first overlord to basically make the last battle one hit win, and then proceeded to the overlord which ending I wanted.

I think you need them all in a single save.

>I mean you start the game and you're doing flips during attacks
And Ar Nosurge character models don't do this in battle?

Go ahead and compare it to any JRPG, is what I'm saying.
The battle system hold up on its own in my opinion.

Oh, that sounds incompetent

Refrain has some cute shotas. I wish more vita games had /ss/ subtext

Yeah Trillion plat sounds like a humongous chore.

Ahih-rei-yah

It just looks incredibly garish otherwise.

It can't, because:
A) it's not challenging or deep.
B) The preparation required is shallow

You'd put this up there with the likes of Bahamut's Lagoon? Treasure Hunter G? Arc the Lad 2? Breath of Fire 4? hell, Xenosaga?
No of course you wouldn't, because those games very clearly emphasize gameplay, and any gamer who asks specifically for a game based on gameplay more than likely has a few of these games under his belt, which he will use as a reference, subconscious or not

If you found it "fun", that's all in well. I like the game too, user. But somebody asking for a game about gameplay I could not in good faith push out when I know that it's flaws are all related to the actual gameplay

Doing some D6 missions if anyone wants to help, mainly farming Dyaus Pita.

Vitagen

Are you saying Xenosaga was deeper and required more preparation than Ar Nosurge?

How long would you say the runs for later chapters take? I've been doing Mokujins every now and then to keep the 9999 handmedowns going until I got to the overlord I wanted, while keeping Trillion in its first form so I don't get as many cycles to grind through. Not sure which is faster.

Don't you get basically no EXP to transfer to the run afterwards with that strategy, or am I missing something?

The biggest pain in the ass is getting pierce or long range in your first NG+ run so you can steamroll over the final form. Everything else is just tedium and grind, because you need to constantly spam Mokujin to max out an overlord and beyond so that the next overlord is maxed out in turn.

Yes I am, because you have a higher chance of failure, and because the systems work to enhance the combat. Until you factor in all the fucking missables

>>Yes I am, because you have a higher chance of failure
Maybe we just played two different games then. Maybe you were 7 at the time and it seemed challenging.

I really love ar nosurge but I wont blindly defend its bland gameplay. I wish there were more song magic, enemies or in general, the game could be larger

Storywise however it was great. Could be longer though

I don't get why you guys are arguing about the gameplay in these games when it's been known for almost a decade that they're mediocre JRPGs stapled onto good VNs. The gameplay tends to be really fucking easy as to not interrupt players who only want to play it for the VN segments, which are the focus. It's always been that way.

I think I was able to assess difficulty quite well in highschool, user. I'll give you 1 and 2, but let's not pretend 3 didn't have a decent level of challenge especially when it came to Redsomething and Sigma. And why are you hung up on this specific example.

Ar nosurge has gameplay? With all the screenshots I've seen here I'd never be able to tell.

It's been a few months since I platted it, but I don't think I did any of the sword valley stuff after I did it the first time. So getting to the point to 9999 Mokujin in the future NG+ wasn't really a problem.

Well I know that user, but some people are intent on saying that you could recommend it to somebody asking for a game with "good gameplay". I like the game, but given those criteria I couldn't recommend it to somebody, knowing that I'm duping him.