/wtc/ - Witcher, Cyberpunk and Gwent General - (/krw/, /cpg/, /gwt/)

Ciri Edition

Standalone Gwent is announced!
playgwent.com

Blood & Wine and patch 1.22 is released!
New Region trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJT5XRftOU
Launch trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=OP-ZsLYGJfQ
Patchnotes: wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/mkt/document/Changelog-1.22-ENG.pdf

HoS developer stream: twitch
.tv/gogcom/v/21846005

Downloads:
>Latest patch, free DLCs, The Witcher books(first 5 are official, the remaining fan translations are of varying quality) and short stories
f.wtcg.pl/

Links:
>Pastebin containing Witcher gear locations, TW1+2 and books info
pastebin.com/qhpfPiqJ
>Console Commands Currently broken
mmo-game.eu/witcher-3-debug-console-commands/
>Where do I find Gwent cards?
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15RUB-aG3Y2mRY3oWyNY1TlfDTRE-ySgNURUfTpMH0XQ/edit?usp=sharing
gwentcards.com/
>Witcher lore series for newfriends
youtube.com/watch?v=YrrzVp2HIMk&feature=youtu.be&list=PL7pGJQV-jlzCMqEAP49QApVHNJeZxxdL9
>All vanilla Gwent cards ready to be printed out
imgur.com/a/gV1y5
>Redirect to the current thread
wtcg.pl

Cyberpunk 2077
>First trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=P99qJGrPNLs
>Creator about Cyberpunk 2077's world
youtube.com/watch?v=xYxt7cwDk4E

Previous thread:

Ciri is a virgin

do you know that in witcherverse when unicorn places his head on a virgin abdomen she gets very strongly sexually aroused?

That happens to Ciri in Time of Contempt.

she was a pretty big slut in the books desu

Shani is perfection.

she even moans

That's not how you spell Ciri

No she doesn't!

First playthrough I had all the nice things happen. Ciri became a witcher, viking girl became queen, The North got BTFO, Touissant sisters became friends again etc.

It's all stupid. If I'm playing this again none of that is happening. Ciri should either die or be empress from a narrative perspective. Her death is actually the best ending although you can't continue playing after. Becoming empress is second best. She accepts responsibility and stops running from it. Her becoming a witcher makes no sense if you keep playing up to the expansions. where the fuck is she? Does Emhryr have no spies that discover that an ahsen haired female witcher is working with Geralt. He doesn't dispatch a force to capture Geralt and demand wtf is going on?

Ciri wants to be come a witcher to have fun. Being a witcher isn't fucking fun she is not a mutant either. And in the empress ending she says she wants to do something meaningful and change things and she can't do that by fighting beasts in impoverished god forsaken villages.

jesus, Geralt is a brooding little bitch in Baptism by Fire.
He's surrounded by the coolest motherfuckers in the world and all he can do is say "buuuh go away" dozens of times.

>pick Yen
>do a quest with Triss
>a fancy ball none the less

Massive regret and guilt rush over me. Everyone feels this when pick the Ice Queen right?

>Becoming empress is second best. She accepts responsibility and stops running from it
Read the faggots, book
> Does Emhryr have no spies that discover that an ahsen haired female witcher is working with Geralt.
He is aware of it, he is not stupid, he simply accepts her decision and leaves her alone.
Cause, you know, in the worst case scenario she is an overpowered girl that can travel trough space without problem soooo...

Anyway, not that I think that Witcher Ciri makes sense, but free Ciri does.

>O'Dimm isn't actually all-powerful
this. i figure o'dimm is a demiurge.

Radovid quite obviously didnu nuffin. He is athe best chance the North has to stay independent and he'sa tactical genius. It's best to avoid those quests entirely and have him win the war.
His paranoia about the sorceresses is completely justified after what happened in the second game. Also desperate times call for desperate measures and martial law and the fucking non-huimans and scoiatel where always working with Nilfgaard. Having Dijkstra become king is quite simply retarded tho.

Viking girl shouldn't be queen. She did fuck all in the game and Geralt solved everything for her. Hjalmaar at least has some balls, he fights ice giants and agreed to help against the Wild Hunt, more importantly he's a man, viking warrior cultures shouldn't even get women as leader's it's stupid and she shouldn't have been nominated.

The best ending in Touissant from a narrative perspective is when everyone fucking dies All the decisions that lead to the good ending make no sense of course Gerlkat would want to terminate the threat as quickly as possible especially after Dietlaff chimped out and killed a bunch of people.

She moans when I lick her sweaty butthole. She has a heavenly fartbox.

yes, you're supposed to feel torn because Gerrard also feels torn.

Both women are worthy of love and you'll have to break someone's heart eventually. Either Yennerfer's, Triss's, or Geralt's.

>She accepts responsibility and stops running from it
Accept responsibility for what? Emhyr sacked her homeland and spent years hellbent on raping her.

>Does Emhryr have no spies that discover that an ahsen haired female witcher is working with Geralt.
He let her go. In the Polish version of the script he tells Geralt "I never wish to see you (plural) ever again".

>in the empress ending she says she wants to do something meaningful and change things
She doesn't, she practically begs Geralt to stop her going.

No...Emhryr wasn't the emperor when Cintra got sacked. Besides she doesn't know he tried to rape her. Geralt does and Emhryr gets over that notion later.

>She did fuck all in the game and Geralt solved everything for her.
well, her plan for tricking the Hym was pretty smart.

>Ciri wants to be come a witcher to have fun. Being a witcher isn't fucking fun she is not a mutant either
Being a witcher is fun for Ciri, who, if she has control of her powers, can basically do whatever she desires, especially now that the Wild Hunt isn't chasing her every time she teleports. If something is giving her trouble she can just teleport it to a random planet that's 100% lava or something.

Aye, but it's all the more sour when I think I picked the wrong girl. If I haven't leveled five levels since then I would go back

>His paranoia about the sorceresses is completely justified after what happened in the second game.

his paranoia is justified because his father was assassinated on the same day of the coup at Thanedd. He grew up knowing that sorcerers are traitorous assholes.

trust me, you'll always think you picked the wrong girl, especially if you read the books.

Yennefer does a lot for Geralt over 20 or so years. Triss obviously does too, over a shorter period of time. The main issue is that Triss doesn't mind showing just how obsessed she is with Geralt in a "friendly" way. Yennefer is afraid of how much she likes him and ends up screwing things up because of it.

Basically it's best to avoid talking to Radovid. Radovid supposedly has all these spies and shit. He didn't know that Geralt was working for Emhryr? He didn't know that Geralt has a history of fucking sorceresses and being manipulated by them? If I was Radovid I would just have Geralt surrounded and imprisoned and torture everything out of him and then kill him

>Hjalmaar at least has some balls, he fights ice giants

Daily reminder that Hjalmar started an expedition while drunk, with no information or strategy on how defeat an ice giant, which in the end means the death of all of his crew, except for two guys, too stubborn to die.

And some people want to give this guy a crow...
Hjalmar is a soldier, not a king.

>Hjalmaar at least has some balls, he fights ice giants

Daily reminder that Hjalmar started an expedition while drunk, with no information or strategy on how defeat an ice giant, which ultimately provoked the death of all of his crew, except for two guys, too stubborn to die.

And some people want to give this guy a crown...
Hjalmar is a soldier, not a king.

I've been reading them as of late and that's what pushed me to Yen but game Geralt is what you make of him or, at least not book Geralt. I think my games Geralt would have Triss

But as you said if I picked Triss I'd feel for Yen, it might not be the most healthy of releationships but they love each other and as cold as she can be all she cares about is Ciri and Geralt

it also doesn't help that I find Triss much prettier

Are you doing the quests out of order? Because, following the normal flow, the Triss decision should come first. I'm asking because I'm wondering if you have locked the Yen romance already - that happens during The Last Wish (unicorn sex is a freebie).
Be that as it may, Yen is an awesome person, she does mellow out a bit during the course of the game.

From a story perspective he's better. Ok whatshername becomes the Queen in the ending it says she stopped the raids yet she was a wise ruler and Skellige became rich and prosperous. I feel that was forced in there for normalfags. like how the fuck did that even happen?

I've been all over Skellige and there is fucking nothing there, no farms, nothing to trade , they just have herds of sheep and they are infested with monsters harpies drowners and mermaids raiding is all they have and all they ever had. Besides who the fuck is he gonna trade with? Presumably Nilfgaard didn't forgive her and if they win the war in the North they are gonna be out for revenge. Radovid or Djikstraa if they win?

Is ok. It's a game, choose whatever you want, ignore the waifu shit.
> it also doesn't help that I find Triss much prettier
Wow...
W2 Triss was cute, W3 is a bit meh
Just an opinion

You can go to Skellige at level 15 and do the Yen thing first

Totally out of order, the quest with the Djinn is the lock in right? If so yes I did that levels ago

Mhm, he wasn't? Just casually checking the wiki (I know, it's a very unreliable source, but the timeline is pretty messy in the books anyway), which dates the Slaughter of Cintra in 1263, the rise of Emhyr to the throne in 1257.

It's unclear he definetly didn't start the first Nilfgaard-North war that was some dude called the usurper. Emhryr later overthrew the usurper I dunno if this happened after the war or during the war

Yeah, I know you can go to Skellige early on, was just wondering if that is what happened here.
And yes, it's the Djinn quest where you lock the Yen romance (or not).
I feel the same way, btw. You know it would always be book Geralt's choice, but I personally wouldn't choose Yennefer. I also quite like the cutesy (a bit ott) romance stuff over the hard "let's fuck" sort of come on.
Different strokes...

I just remember (vaguely) the time when Cahir was released from prison? I always remembered it like it was Emhyr who put him there for failing to get Ciri, although I might be wrong.

>I also quite like the cutesy (a bit ott) romance stuff over the hard "let's fuck" sort of come on.
Different strokes...

this is why I always chose Triss

Why cant i pursue a relationship with keira? It's not fair, shes best girl.

Be a bro and let other witchers have some of the good stuff.
Plus, she's got bedbugs. Disgusting.

I dunno why Triss get's so much hate from bookfags. She's basically in almost all of the first book and they mentioned clearly that they were fucking. Triss is also incredibly guilty for wanting Gerlat but can't help herself. Geralt can justifiably stop loving Yennefer. Their love wasn't magical it was regular love that could have wore off, unless it was a spell and if it was a spell then it wasn't real anyway.

The part in the game where Yen really pissed me off was in Kaer Morhen. When your witcher bros who you haven't seen in ages ask you to have a drink with them and she just pulls you out and tells you to fuck her.She clearly wants you to herself and doesn't want you to have fun.

I was like "Yen that's nice and all but muh Witcher bros.." Then She Flips the fuck out and sits at your table anyway which leads to a really akward atmosphere. Why is she such a needy cunt?

The books are a finished story, with a pretty fitting ending, although it's not a typical happy ending, it does end on a "together forever" sort of note for Yen and Geralt. Also, Triss doesn't exactly shine there, as you probably know.
There is a bit of a problem in applying RL reasoning to a story such as this, if you do, sure, love wanes, happens all the time.
The hate from bookfags has more to do with waifufaggotry on either side of the fence, I should think, and some long-time presence of truly unbearable trissfaggotry on /wtc/.
Sensible people will usually act sensible, waifufags will never be sensible people.
(Also - muh canon and everything)

Oh, you really took to the worst possible interpretation here. Not saying you're entirely wrong, of course (she clearly has issues).
You can still have sex with her and hang out with your witcher bros, btw.

>ask you guys how to get to toussaint
>just happen to be hitting the convey for dandelion
>meet the knights
>avoid the bandits because i'm level 17

of course i have to fight a huge ogre, why would geralt ever get a break. also holy shit this boss is better than any of the vanilla ones

She is a second class bitch

Shoot the cyclops with the crossbow right into the eye.
Instakill.
The explosive drowners are the problem.

holy shit what, and thanks

buhhhhhhhhhhh

geralt go kill some monsters and stop posting

>Geralt is a brooding little bitch in Baptism by Fire.
>He's surrounded by the coolest motherfuckers in the world
There's also Dandelion. This guy would make me become homicidal, sooner or later.

How do I make Triss stay without fucking her?

Does she ever actually get penetrated though? Outside of scissoring with Mistle and getting fingered by the Elven king, I can't remember if she actually sleeps with anyone. I know she was about to pity fuck some bandit dude, but he dies right before she does. I don't think Bonhart ever raped her. So, does she actually get her cherry popped?

Geralt has known Dandelion for like 10 years then, he should know that Dandelion just spouts random shit at all times and you shouldn't really pay attention to him ever.

> What's your wish

5000 crowns a saddle, infinite vodka and food are you fucking kidding me Geralt? At least he asks about Ciri before the main quest ending.

He could have asked to kill Wild Hunt

Make himself invincible in battle.

repair Kaer Morhen?

Bring back Vesemir.

Stop the White Frost.

I want to have children with Yennefer

You can't. If you want her to stay, you gotta take the plunge.
Just close your eyes and think of Temeria.
(You hardly see anything, it's pretty PG, if that is what worries you).

Emhryr specifically wages war against Cintra to capture Ciri, since he doesn't think he can kidnap her, since Calanthe was sure to keep a watchful eye.

B/c in the books, Triss kinda betrays Geralt/Ciri/Yen.

Forgot the words exactly, but basically, Yen is like "I'm going to try and save Ciri, but if I die, heres how you find her: "

Basically, Yen wants to give the lodge of sorceresses instructions on how to find Ciri in case she fails, in exchange for the Lodge telling Geralt that Yen didn't really betray anyone. The Lodge tells her no, that its in their best interests for Geralt to think Yen died a traitor, so he wouldn't seek revenge.

Then Triss is all "Yen, please forgive me" and Yen is like "Oh no Triss. Never."

Geralt represents the common polish man's desires

No, I'm with Yen and don't want to get dumped by both

Her vagina is cursed, anyone trying to go there dies soon after. Probably why Emhyr decided against it in the end.
Her hymen is probably gone, as for a penis actually getting inside, I'd say books no, pre-game - who the hell knows. Given her libido, I assume she's banged some dude somewhere.

Just let her go, then. Yen will ask her to help out later, so she'll be back.

Well, she does try to (in her mind, at least) achieve a higher purpose. Siding with Yen here would have been a betrayal towards the lodge. While the lodge is a very questionable institution to say the least, her behaviour isn't entirely unjustifiable. Still, not one of her finest hours. It does mostly show that she's easily manipulated and kind of a coward.
But, if we're going there, it's not like Yennefer's actions have been beyond reproach (screwing Geralt and Dandelion when meeting Villentretenmerth, Shard of Ice and all that, dragging Ciri to Thanedd). So, that knife does cut both ways.

Oh I agree, I think both have their faults. My first playthrough (Witcher 3 was my first Witcher game) I picked Triss because I thought she was hotter.

I then read the books, and although Yen is definitely a bigger bitch, I just have to pick her to stay in line w/ the book lore.

If it was me getting to pick, I'd choose Triss. But as Geralt, gotta stick w/ Yen.

thanks for that bolt in the eye tip, whittled it down to half health while taking pot shots and eventually nailed it in the eye

success

also this while i'm here

Hey Geralt bro! Shame you lost your memory and all but lemme help you get with the program old buddy old pal.

So if you don't remember you have this adopted daughter of yours that is bound to you by destiny. We trained her ourselves here at Kaer Morhen. Oh yes she is a princess and she can teleport between worlds. Crazy shit right? Also she is in deep trouble and is being pursued by the Wild Hunt, but don't worry about that for now we gotta get back our witcher formulas from the Salamanders!

Oh and also, that sorceress you just fucked in the tower? Like what's up with that? I thought you were in love with Yennefer? Woah dude you don't remember her either bro? You were like madly in love with each other for decades dude! Yeah Triss didn't tell you about her? Woah dude bro watch out! I dunno where Yennefer is right now bro but she could be in trouble. All I know is that you were madly in love with her bro. But don't worry about Yennefer you gotta get back at the Salamanders!

Level to start Hearts of Stone? And where should I be in the main quest for it?

The real best answer is to help neither of them. You don't get Hjalmar's rad assist during the fight at Kaer Morhen but Svanrige is a more suitable ruler than both of them. He's smarter than Hjalmar while still retaining qualities of a true Skelliger.

>Witcher 3 was my first Witcher game

>bring back vesemir
>brings back vesemir as a zombie

You shouldve learned by that time, repairing Kaer Morhen would be nice tho.

Starting my first Death March playthrough, should I go for Sun and Stars? It seemed pretty pointless on lower difficulties, but no regen is definitely a pain in the ass in early game, not having tons of food and booze yet.

Whats Sun and Stars?

+10 health regen/sec when not in combat by day, +1 stam regen/sec in combat by night.

Thats absolute garbage lel, you have enough healing with food/swallow or improved quen.

bump

>pick freeze aard mutation
>shit is fun as fuck, enemies exploding etc.
>realize enemies instant killed by aard (like dogs and other beasts) now make noises after dying

anyone had that bug?

Recommended is lvl 30, but a bit lower is definitely fine. There's a boss pretty early on, if you don't have any trouble beating him, rest of the expansion should go just fine for you.
People usually start during Final Preparations while in Novigrad, but doing it before finding Ciri gets you a few extra lines of dialogue.

What about Gourmet? I haven't tried that one myself, but it does sound pretty tasty (bad pun completely intended).

Yeah, I had that happen a few times.
Solution? Stop using OP-Aard.

what is the most fun build any of you have ever used/what armor did you use with it?
Right now I'm doing my first run in witcher 3 as a spellsword with griffon armour, but overall I am using a lot more sword than spell.

Why can't Geralt wear a helmet in any of the games?

Personally, I find the Griffin armor the ugliest of the witcher sets, my favorites being Wolf and Cat, both of which support a signs/swords sort or approach.
I've heard it said that an alchemy built is lots of fun, and a bit more challenging to begin with. I'm not seeing the point of making Geralt too much of a specialist, but I'm planning to go more alchemy heavy next time.

Witcher mutations, if their ears arent free they pass out.

What?

I have been wanting the wolf armour ever since I ran into lambert. I just haven't made it up to Kaer Morhen yet even though its a white quest for me

I figured you mean a full helmet.

So I want your guys opinions on something. The end of Heart of Stone, is it worth getting Iris and the Serpentine Silver Sword on new game when both will get outdated fairly quick in Blood and Wine and NG+? Or is it better to take a reward from Odimm the first time around and just get Iris and SSS in NG+?

I can't really decide, all the rewards are kind of disappointing besides maybe endless vodka or the Caparison of Lament, which wouldn't be so bad if not for the flies and the one bugged out eye.

You were saying?

Alchemy build stops being challenging at all once you unlock the skill that makes potions instantly restore portion of health

>my favorites being Wolf and Cat
>cat

>liking metrosexual Geralt.

I guess its a personel choice, if you ever wore such a thing you will learn that its pretty annoying, and if you live for hundreds of years you probably stop giving a fuck at one point.

Gourmet is stupid OP. Food that resotres 80hp per second in and out of combat, same amount Superior Swallow restores, that lasts for 20 minutes?

Fucking broken. BROKEN.

>hats are annoying
ok kid

I found Adrenaline build with Ursine armor the most fun to play.

Whirl/Rend build I found the most overpowered. Just Spin to Win most of the time, for everything else spam Rend ftw. Only stopped using it because it was incredibly boring to play and trivialized all content.

I'm doing BaW post HoS now, and I've used both swords for a bit, they got obsolete fairly quickly though. (Going from HoS to NG+ I used the Viper Silver Sword for a long time.)
I think when doing the expansions before going for NG+ grabbing a reward makes more sense.
You won't get much use for the swords either way, but at least you don't waste your wish with Gaunter.

I'm a grill, I'm allowed to like sexy looking lads.
What's wrong with Cat? It does look great. I'm quite fond of Ursine as well, but I'm not really in the market for heavy armor.