old →

>Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>SERVERS FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT COMP MODE
pastebin.com/BuG8yM2j

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/jpgiwlcowfat1xe/materials.rar?dl=0
pastebin.com/raw/b2wZE0sB
strawpoll.me/10720114
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for bring back quickplay

nth for autism

Competetive is a mess, the basic commands that allowed me to play are disabled, weapons are inside my chin or inside my chest instead of inside my arms, everyone has fov of Demoman that can't be changed.
I get matched with retards and have to play Medic 90% of the time.
How much do you think I will have to wait until all good players move into higher ranks and I can play with retards against retards instead of with retards against platinum six team stacked.

>Sadly
Heavy's gotten some retarded nerfs but at least he's still a playable class.

>playing pyro
reddit meme class desu

Yeah but he only got one update and it was in 2008.
Pyro's got TWO and the last one was in 2012.

>Pyro's got TWO and the last one was in 2012.
Right, a useless secondary is totally an update.

I still think Heavy is kind of stale at the moment, he basically has one loadout that is good for everything and any off-plays with him result in him losing power.

Svetlana and Sasha are basically the same weapon except one spins up faster, while Pyro has a wide variety of choices, he can play sneaky Pyro with Backburner, Combo Pyro with Degreaser, W+M1 Pyro with stock etc.

Pyro's melee also allows custom plays such as Pybro, or selfish Pyro with Backscratcher.

There is just so much you can do with Pyro and Heavy comes down to:
1.Take out your speedy melee
2.Track enemies after you jump into battlefield
3.Give Sandvich to Medic

Sandvich is the only viable secondary, GRU is the only viable melee and Svetlana/Sasha are the only viable primaries.

The only alternate way to play Heavy is Fat Scout, which is a horrible subclass and a joke that should never be utilized in serious play.

> which is a horrible subclass and a joke that should never be utilized in serious play.
Most of those "pyro" varieties are just straight worse than fat scout, and in "serious" play the only vaguely viable one is combo and that was nerfed into the dirt

i dont speak autism
wat is svetlana

Heavy named all the miniguns in the new comic

Svetlana is tamislav, brass beast is Oksana, heater is Sheila

Do you have memory of a goldfish or did you not read the comic?

>Heavy is kind of stale at the moment
Easy solution: wear a hat

I thought Tomislav was it's name already.
But I guess Heavy isn't into this gay shit.

Heavy miniguns are 100% F.EMALE

Happy Birthday

has anyone managed to disable viewmodels in comp yet?

cl_first_person_uses_world_model 1
Works for most classes except Soldier's Rocket Launcher.

>useless
the only thing better than the scorch shot is the shotgun

retard alert. Heavy, Pyro, Sniper, Spy, and Engineer aren't meant to have a shitload of depth to the classes. They are simple utility situational classes that are used when needed. Pyro isn't useful at all compared to other classes. Just because heavy doesn't have a demoknight subclass doesn't mean it needs the update fuckwit.

Sniper has a fucking Bow and Sniper Rifle that doesn't do headshots.
Spy has an invisibility watch that allows him to fake death, and a knife that disables his disguise but disguises on backstab.
Engineer can replace his massive level 3 sentry with mini sentry.

The only class that doesn't have depth is Heavy Weapons Guy!

>Sniper, Spy, and Engineer aren't meant to have a shitload of depth to the classes.
t. retard

All of the classes you listed have a shitload of depth though.

show me the difference between a player with 300 hours on engineer, and 3000 hours on engineer. the only difference is aim with hitscan. the classes i listed have very little difference with experience besides aim. this is part of the reason why they are used as offclasses in 6's. because they don't reward better players, and they slow the game down.

>Show me the difference between a lot of time and an even larger amount of time
>Depth having anything to do with skill
you really are retarded aren't you

>enemy team makes it to the last stage of map of thunder mountain
>there's no way for them to beat your team's time

I just played 4 rounds and didn't get any exp

nice game valve

300 hours is very little time on a class. but my point was you could become near top level at that class in a small amount of time, because they don't have much depth to them besides gimmick joke weapons that are only viable in pubs.

b4nny said yesterday he can live with the fov

fucking shill, sellout, BAKA

Guys how the fuck do you push into Barnblitz's last point when they have a million sentries

blow up the sentries

So he convinced them to not buff Reserve Shooter but didn't convince them to not lock cut off 20% of our fucking screen and shove our weapons inside our faces?
I swear to God.
Fucking Valve added zoom sensitivity into the whitelist, Sniper is run like 10% of the time, if not less, and their priority is to help Snipers more? Really?
Not playing competetive until they let me enjoy it without the whole world being zoomed in.

>So he convinced them to not buff Reserve Shooter
He probably just bitched and moaned at them for several days until they relented to shut him up, and he had to choose whether to not buff the Reserve Shooter or stop the other shit.

Since he can't live without being airborne 24/7, he chose the Reserve Shooter. Expecting b4nny to have any influence with the dev team is laughable.

Ask your team nicely to switch to classes that help the situation, mention the classes that would help the situation. Don't make emotional comments and insult your team mates, that only makes your team's motivation go down and perform worse.

Like did you ever hear that soldiers unironically shittalk each other in times of war? That a football team calls their goal keeper a retard because he made a mistake?

He's playing it right though at the moment, if valve drops him he won't have any influence at all, and if he is a bitchy child valve surely will drop him.

will valve ever give us anything to do with extra crates?

Like turn 20 of them into scrap or something. I have way too many in my inventory

You're pulling a lot of that out of your ass.

>get into 2 games with a bunch of fags who don't make callouts and couldn't cooperate to save their lives
>spy fag who keeps getting suicide picks but he's at the top so he must be good xD
>only decent players are me and a soldier who i pocket but we still lose both rounds
>don't lose any xp for losing the match

Nice

>wake up
>get ready to play
>servers down

>:(

>bruise self while playing Pokemon GO

FUCK

It's one of the most cancerous last in the game, which is a shame because the points before are actually kinda fun.
You have to manage to sneak up a demo + medic where the full healthpack is and go from there, the stairs should shield you from eventual sentries on the top perch

how to disable viewmodels in comp:
1. download dropbox.com/s/jpgiwlcowfat1xe/materials.rar?dl=0 and put it in 'custom' folder so files are like this "/materials/vgui/replay/thumbnails"

2. add code from pastebin.com/raw/b2wZE0sB to your hudlayout.res in scripts folder of your hud

3. add this to your config
mat_motion_blur_enabled 0
mat_disable_bloom 1
mat_hdr_level 0
mat_colcorrection_disableentities 1
mat_colorcorrection 0

enjoy (thanks to degu on teamfortress.tv)

I'm still hoping for a way to bundle 20 crates or something into one, kinda like steam gems on christmas

i would be ok with the update if they kept the feature where i can change my loadouts
i miss that

I wonder what's causing this to happen so often again

>wanted to play yesterday
>item servers down
>get ready to play today
>still down

>finding games is fairly quick, 3-4 minutes
>can't change loadouts with presets, only my manually choosing loadouts

My only custom hud is the damage numbers being bigger and other color so I can see them.
I fucking tried everything to make it work after Meet your Match.
What the fuck, what do I have to put into my custom hud folder? I tried everything, naming the folder after the folder that was inside custom, naming it after what the file was called.
Nothing works.
Why do you take away the only custom hud I had...

so user, why havent you been featured on sins channel yet?

What?

Turns out I put this into the wrong folder.

Anyone else unable to play TF2 on Ubuntu? When trying to connect to a server, it freezes really bad then crashes. How do I fix this?

I had this issue earlier, turns out for some reason the tf2 was using the integrated gpu instead of the one inside the PCI-E slot.
You might want to disable it if you have it.

B4nny played with stock hud and viewmodels on until a few years ago.
He can live with anything.

How do I do that?

Let's say your integrated one was intel, and the one you want to turn on is Nvidia

with "prime-select query " you can see, which one is currently running

with "sudo prime-select intel " you can turn on the intel car

with "sudo prime-select nvidia" the other one.

>play against obvious cheater yesterday
>quit game
>look at global leaderboard today
>he's climbed to nr. 6

effective anticheat when?

>Shortstop can kill via shove attack
>It seemingly does no damage but it actually does 1 terrain damage for each shove
>If you kill with it it's not your kill, it will be unknown death

Why?

>doesn't even have a kill icon or achievement
lazy

>trying to learn surf in surf server
>see small kid spamming "get rekt" and farming frags
>kill him 4 times in a row
>"soldier cant aim like that, lmaobox?"

are all of these people snipers
i find it hard to believe any other class can stomp so easily

b4nny and slin (and most others who are there legit without cheats) are probably just rolling games with 6 stacks

>queue times start to get not complete shit, subs joining mid-game working
>once you finish a match you can't cancel the search and instead keep you trapped in

yeah that too

is that just the slap command applied to the target?

One of my friends is a plat spy/sniper main who made it to top 5 or so in the Comp MM beta. He's the reason I firmly believe Sniper needs to be nerfed.

>join comp
>theres a spy and an engi that refuse to change
>3 people decide to throw the game and stay in spawn instead

this shit will never stop unless the useless comp classes get a complete overhaul making them viable

that is never obviously

Holy shit it is!
It applies the momentum to your target's current momentum instead of resetting it like Airblast.
You don't get damage dings because you are not the one doing damage.

user, you are genius.

Did they remove all fov changing commands? You cant modify fov in anyway except the minimode?

Jesus Christ that was a close one

You can modify fov_desired only, viewmodel_fov is changable only through cl_first_person_uses_world_model and minmode.

so i could have whatever I had before the update if I want to?

I don't know what you want to say through this.
But viewmodel_fov is permanently locked to 54.

You can use minmode to hide them a bit, and cl_first_person_uses_world_model to hide them more (except Soldier, unless you want a face full of bazooka cock)

> pyro is winning

ALL THE OTHER KIDS WITH THE PUMPED UP KICKS BETTER RUN BETTER RUN

I didn't have them hidden, I just had them really extended forward. So far you could see arms cut off. I guess I can't have that anymore

What the fuck is happening on this image?
Why is BLU Team Heavy and RED Team Pyro?
It just says "BLU" and "RED" on mine.

If all six people are in one team and the whole enemy team is on the other class team then this happens?
That's radical.

Shouldn't they do the opposite of the results? Obviously Pyro is either a more popular or better class to score more points, so Heavy should be rebalanced.

That's not how democracy works.

>mfw found out how to use a fps config in MM

> needing an fps config

What the fuck is this crosshair?

tf2 runs like shit
dont want to drop to 70 fps all the time
>inb4 "are you poor" memes

All configs do is display a high fps number, it's placebo

this dumb

strawpoll.me/10720114

send hatemail to valve

So has anyone figured out that penalty system in comp mm yet?

Do you get a guaranteed loss if you abandon?

How does the penalty time work, is it increment, does it reset?

How can abandons be effectively punished?

Anyone else think the new guy making "Story time" videos on NISLT sounds like a huge tool? Almost as much as the Valve News Network Let's Make Up The News guy

>want to score some points for team heavy
>coordinator is conveniently down so I can't join any quick play matches
hmmm who could be behind this

the abandon penalty works like in CSGO
its a small-time ban at first, and it grows from there

if you don't abandon games for a long time i think the possible penalization time decreases, too (in case it was high before)

if its exactly like csgo it should be
>1st infraction: 30min.
>2nd infraction: 2 hours.
>3rd infraction: 24 hours
>4th infraction: 7 days

>How can abandons be effectively punished?
I think you should have a match win multiplier.
The default could be 1.0
Every time you abandon it gets decreased by 0.1 (reset to 1.0 after 1 month).
Every time someone in a match you play abandons it gets increased by 0.1 (max 1.5).

Additionally abandoners get an exponential time penalty.
Additionally abandoners are prioritized in a queue with other abandoneres.

What is the best loadout for getting kills as scout? i am currently using shortstop,pistol and atomic bat

KD is usually 1:2, twice deaths as kills.....

yes i suck ass

Stock/Stock/Basher

>Caring about K/D Ratio
This isn't Call of Duty, kid, Kill/Death ratio hardly matters in this game.
Also the best weapon for Scout is the default Scattergun.

Scattergun, pistol, atomizer

Use stock nigga, flank and learn to aim. You don't have to fight every enemy you meet to the death, retreat and engage the enemy when they are vulnerable.

stock
winger
atomizer

get that sweet 3,75x jump height rolling to get behind enemy lines or completely outplay whoever is following you and done

if you want to be a cunt though use mad milk

t. bad