/pgg/ Pokemon Go General

Mystic still masterrace edition.

>About the game
pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-go/

>What is it?
Pokemon Go can be described simply as the Geocaching of Pokemon. Grab your smartphone, get some exercise, catch some mons, battle some people - the usual Pokemon gig.

>Some questions answered
pastebin.com/spEFYmPw
Feel free to add more to the pastebin, keep it in the OP though.

Basic info:
As you traverse the real world, as represented on the in-game map, you'll occasionally run into tufts of rustling grass. Approaching these will end with a Pokémon appearing on the map, and clicking on it will initiate a battle.

Battles aren't between two Pokémon, though. They're between a Pokémon and your ability to swipe a Poké Ball in their direction. When you engage a Poké Ball, a colored ring will appear around the opponent. These change in size after each capture attempt. Throwing a Ball during a smaller window seems to be more effective, based on our time with the game, but that's a part we're still trying to figure out.
Going near water will attract water Pokémon. Playing at night brings out more nocturnal creatures, like Clefairy and Gastly.
Hatching Eggs: Each Egg displays the number of kilometers you must walk for the Egg to hatch. In general, the more kilometers required, the rarer the Pokémon that will hatch. A notification will appear when the Egg has hatched.
Make sure you have the Pokémon GO app open while you walk. Kilometers walked when the Pokémon GO app is closed won’t count toward hatching your Eggs.
Gyms: Fight at your team's gym to train and increase it's reputation. Fight at other team's to decrease their reputation. Tap your opponent to hit them, swipe left or right to dodge attacks, once one or more blue bars are filled, tap and hold to power up your secondary attack, release when the smaller blue bar fills up. Take over other teams' gyms and put your mons in to defend them.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10721532
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for valor

Mystic here, get rid of that gay as fuck OP image

WHAT DO

>magmar is just 3 paws away
FUCK i just got comfy too god damnit

>yanks are actually mad that the 9/11 memorial is a spot in PoGo

fucking hell how can that be offensive in any way?

Show progress boys.
>level 15
>start date: july 7th
>team Mystic
>youngster: 12/50

Instinct mother fucker

>GoTshit

I came here to laugh at you.

berries

Red team best team

Post collections
>tfw nearby gym has a 1900 dragonite guarding it

So this confirms mystic is the edgy team.

Blues are Homos
Reds are okay

YELLOW is the masterrace though.

Post your highest CP pokemon

>These change in size after each capture attempt.

if you hold the pokeball, you can see it gradually change size from large to small, then repeating from large to small again.

I see people just flicking pokeballs without knowing what size the circle is. That's madness. Hold the ball, then shoot

>look for koffing
>no sight after 3 days
>give up
>pass kfc walking home
>air stinks of chicken fat and oil
>koffing appears right on cue

damn this is fun

should i use my alt to reinforce or to win trade?

Red and Yellow are bros who share a common goal

Blues are just lonely autistic neckbeards

Team based apparel when?

And I don't mean just t-shirts, I mean like actual athletic clothes and shit

>valorposting combined with anime images in last thread
>mystic has adult quotes from adult television shows for adults such as themselves

So this pretty much means I'll have to pick yellow when the time is there?

>3 paws away

Here's big dick dragonite

Big tauros makes me jelly

I've been walking around like a dumbass at my local graveyard

>when there isn't a single blue gym in your entire city and its all either Red or Yellow.

dont worry, the dead wont mind.

585 Slowbro (caught)
525 Hypno (evolved)
478 Jolteon (evolved)
Little bit of infoi found out

Eevee's special move determines what it evolves into

Swift == Jolteon
Dig == Flareon
Body Slam == Vaporeon

was only able to confirm myself what swift does and from hearsay about dig. I just caught an eevee with body slam, so it only makes sense it'd be the third

cool went biking and found an empty gym so i put my strongest dude there and now i will get free coins until the game comes out here in my country because there will be no contestants
i also found out you can battle your own gym.. what the fuck?

mate is that Leicester?

>finally stopped raining, go for a walk
>realise something
>all local blue Ingress players joined Mystic (duh)
>all local green players decided to join Red
>I've been green but I left telegram chats when stopped playing
>of course I've picked yellow
>basically no one is yellow around
Oh god, this is gonna be "fun", I hope niantic introduces one-time faction change like ingress. Btw, this is fucking stupid of them, blue ingress players have an obvious team mystic for them while greens will be dispersed among valor and instinct.

I guess they see it as flippant and disrespectful since it's a silly child's game

In my town the cemetery in the middle of town is a gym lol

the picture is a pic of the cross it's fucking hilarious

> Going on vacation next week
Downloaded just in time

There's been a doduo on my nearby all morning, I just tried this and it pinged in 3 different directions

Yeah, nah. I'm pretty sure there's not that many around, considering this is the first I've seen

Still getting there

satisfy my curiosity, will you?

strawpoll.me/10721532

you do that to raise its level

I want that on a cap

>Day 1
>Cap 4 gyms with 100-ish cp pokemon

>Day 2
>Lost all gyms, but they are now all level 3-4 with 900-1000+CP pokemon

Remind me why I should keep playing?

So as a blue, does this hurt you? And as a blue or yellow, does it ruin the fun as you can't do anything with those gyms?

>realized that I should just hoard candy and powerlevel all at once using lucky egg
>40k dust saved up
>hundreds of pidgeys and pidgey candies
>hopefuly about to go from 15 to 20 in one fell swoop
haven't had any strong pokes for the last 6-8 levels desu...

Oh murrica.

We have tons of war memorials all over town, and we don't mind. Heck, it at least promotes children having a look and getting a little more in touch with history.

This can't be true. Yesterday I read jolteon was made by body slam (which would make sense).

I also got a vaporeon today from a swift evee. The second move probably has nothing to do with it.

my towns cemetery has two gyms that are war memorials, 6 pokestops that are famous old family graves.

Too many flareons.

Is that how that works?
Fuck. Time to look for a body slam one.

My first 10km Egg just hatched.

r8

the featured poll asks the same question

Valor, only because all of my friends are. I wanted to be contrarian, but its more fun to go with the "crowd".

I rarely see red gyms though

Who was your first pokemon lads>

WE ALREADY HAD SEVERAL POLLS, MOST PEOPLE ARE MYSTIC

Charmie

How the hell did you get a porygon

*face paw*

I don't agree with them but I see where they're coming from. It's also a very small minority, probably elderly people, etc.

So what is the best way to use tons of same unevolved pokemons? I'm swimming in pidgeys, drowseys and ratatas, I've been just evolving some ratatas and sticking them into gyms but I'm sure this is shit strategy.
Also why the fuck can't you see pokemon types during gym battles?

Some entrepreneurial black man was selling his usual waters in the park yesterday along with knockoffs of Ash's Pokemon hat

the featured poll isn't /pgg/ exclusive

some day user you will take everything back.

some day..

That's what I heard. I had a swift eevee that I had a hunch would be jolteon after I heard people discussing that dig was for flareon, so I guess there's some confirmation bias

but hey, might be worth doing research

my personal evidence shows swift == jolteon

the game lags like crazy for me but my phone is decent this sucks.. i even have to reboot it because the game freezes completely ;_;

>be a teacher so I have free time right now to run around on weekdays catching pokemanz
>finally get enough candies to evolve my 380 CP beast of an Eevee
>Flareon
>fuck

Well at least it's 800 CP

It showed up twice on my nearby list.
First time I couldn't be arsed to go chase it.
Yesterday I came home from a 10km bike trip and it was around again, this time it only had 2 paws and I was pretty sure of it's location. Got it pretty easy afterwards.

>32 Snorlax candy

I topped over the 3 blue and 2 red gyms in my town. Unfortunately had to spare a Red because I ran out of mons. They all had 1k+cp mons and my highest was a 553cp Jolteon. I'm loving the battle mechanic, it's so easy to dodge and fire off moves in rapid succession and a heavy one before dodge tanking for a bit while sneaking in shots here and there. How did I do, anons? I'm the sole Yellow representative in my area too.

I like that idea, but by the time I get a 900CP pokemon the people who play all day will probably have 2000CP

It's horribly unbalanced.

Which gen type chart is used in Go? Gen I?

don't view the 3d pokemon models as much. That is the root of this problem for many people

I've had it freeze when I try to enter a battle with a pokemon that appears on the map, and freeze when it goes in a pokeball.

The good news is forcing the app to close and relaunch makes it pick right back up where it was. The pokemon is still located right where it was before, and if I caught the pokemon, it's sitting in my party fine.

what? can they evolve into something else?

The eevee move thing is 100% NOT TRUE

I evolved three dig eevees and got all three evos.

>implying OP is actually mystic.
Probably some Valor faggot, trying to un-autism their shitty group by trying to make Mystic look autistic.
Fuck you OP.

What was it's special move, do you know?

Yep.

That's why early on you see Hynos and Golduck everywhere and later on you see Dragonite everywhere

Also
>blue faction players went for Mystic
>green faction players could think about Blue Version being the "better" Green Version, so some also went for Mystic

>Be German
>Walk around City
>Every second Pokestop is a small Holocaust memorial

Now this is epic.

Power up and then evolve or evolve and then power up?

Yes, but it's completely random which eeveelution it will get.

Yeah, I'm just focusing on catching shit and filling out my pokedex right now.

All the gyms I'm capable of knocking over at this point are being staked out by Valorfags who instantly defeat whatever pokemon I leave behind for easy XP and leave something weak in its place to lure other people to it.

Fuckers.

the latest one. I've seen fairy type moves

why is everyone evolving eves here? is she some hot shit pokemon? i have one myself should i dump some dust into it?

Oh fuck guys! It's spookey time. my first ghost type.

Visiting my family in the country this week.
Fuck.

>consistently get decent throws
>game is bugged as shit and seems to randomly award nice/great/excellent based on how it feels
fuck

Keep them all, calculate how many you can evolve with how many candies you have, transfer everything over that number, pop a lucky egg and evolve them all.

For maximum autism, you can include how many candies you'll get from transferring THOSE and keep the appropriate number of mons to evolve in a second batch.

Example being that twelve pidgeys can net you a thirteenth if you transfer the nine pidgeottos you get from the first batch.

>accidentally transferred a 479 Dodrio

Fucking kill me

Find a pokemon near its max CP and then grind out candies to evolve it into a beast. Requires less stardust input that way.

I think it was Body Slam, but I don't remember for certain.

how many holocaust memorials there can be in a single fucking city?
like, is the jewish propaganda that strong?

If one is a Gym claim it in the name of the Fuhrer

Or will you be locked up for that? Fuck it do it anyway.

there is a level cap. hit that and start taking heads.

>nintendo releases gen 2
>behind a $5-10 paywall
>buy the upgrade, start seeing gen 2 in the mix

I don't know many people that wouldn't drop $5 to get 150 new pokemon that have already played this

nintendo is going to be fucking rich. Again.

>Power up and then evolve or evolve and then power up?
Save everything you catch, get multiples, grind most of them to candy and save only the strongest
never power up lowbie/shit-tier pokes, you can always catch one higher on the autism/CP spectrum

so when will this come out in puerto rico

it was up for an hour last night but i don't know what that means

>game is bugged as shit and seems to randomly award nice/great/excellent based on how it feels
Not sure, but I think you have to throw the pokeball inside the moving circle. The smaller the moving circle, the better the points.
Nice = 10
Great = 50
Excellent = 100

YOU
HAVE
TO
HIT
INSIDE
OF
THE
COLOURED
CIRCLE
YOU
PONCE

small circle = excellent, bit bigger is great and big is nice

>implying they'll make the generations cost money

TFW one of the nerds from IT set up the two smoking gazebos at work as pokestops.

Bought to be drowning in poke balls bitches

seeing's how WW2 is a huge part of every western culture's history and seeing's how germany was the chief perpetrator of the atrocities, it makes sense that there's a lot of memorials.

The cool part is how cool everyone is with eachother after only 70 years. No country really gives a shit anymore

>be in kiev
>Pokeymon go is not out here
>install apk without expecting anything
>SUDDENLY
>Hundreds of pokestops around my work
>4-5 gyms with decently high pokemons
>they actually change colors
>most popular name for pokemon is "putin sucks cocks" here
>hehe
This game is pretty nice. I just have one problem, whenever I turn my phone (Htc one m8) upside down and put it in my pocket, it usually starts bunch of useless apps, anyway to fix this?