>SMT If... Tips & Tricks:
pastebin.com/KiwVr9Vy

>Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM2X9eV9U8
youtube.com/watch?v=reUkatNvmtU
youtube.com/watch?v=xyTbDtQSgW4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Now that the general was saved, we can go back to our slumber in peace.

Reminder that Recarmdra is strictly for characters and demons whose only redeeming qualities are the ability to take one for the team.

Reminder that impregnating your demons is NOT okay.

So, what is the story with Decarabia and Forneus being best buddies? I can't find any reference to that in books, other than them both being described as marquises from hell..

>We'll never have MegaTen Kart
>No Demon Crossing
>MegaTen Party never ever
>A proper Shin Smash Megamis won't ever be real

I think it's because they're both kinda the sole male sea creatures if you ignore babby Forneii

What kind of problems do Ulala have with men?

hoy

>Beat Red Rider at the beginning of chapter

Much easier than I thought it would be

SMT Go when

>mfw psn won't accept my prepaid debit card to give them money for Raidou
How the fuck else do you expect me to play it?

in a PS2

Buy a PS2 you pleb.

A copy off of Amazon costs twice as much, and using the wired controller is a pain in the ass. I guess I'll use the card to buy a psn card, then buy the game.

>amazon
lel

So what, are you poor or something?

Costs the same locally too.

Go to Tokyo and play SMT IV with the 3D feature on.

>tfw never got a streetpass for SMT IV

I got a few. They were all very low level though, they probably got to Tokyo and stopped playing because they got lost or something.

>they got lost or something.
Yeah, or something.

What do you mean?

Don't you have to literally give away your demon to streetpass it and even remove it from your stock?

Fuck that, those demons are only for me and no one else can have them.

I would imagine they stopped playing because they didn't enjoy the game.

But really. Does anyone know what actually changes based on what waifu you pick in massacre?

Or maybe they just started playing it. Some of them had it as their last played game.

roastie

Probably just 3 lines of text as it happens in all the other SMT endings.

Yeah. But I mean, does it imply that who you pick implies an actual ideological difference in how the new world works? Or is it unrelated, and there's no distinction.

Is this massacre something from IVF?

Yeah. Its the Japanese name of one of the two endings. American fans were calling the true endings peace and anarchy before atlus confirmed that the peace and anarchy symbols just referred to law and chaos, not the true ends.

You brainwash them, their personality is most likely gone forever..

So I fear that they used that as an excuse to just have minimal unique dialogues changes, and the ending will play out the same way regardless of who you chose.

That sounds dumb as shit. This entire game seemed like they had no clue what they were doing. I would have accepted if it called nocturne to mind a bit. By mixing the regular alignment systems with nocturne. the in-universe sides were just shenanigans by yhvh, but then you could still recreate the world based on a new ideology if you go past them. But the massacre ending sounds like a weird clusterfuck of nonsense. It makes little sense as one of only two good endings.

Raidou is so fun.

>flying around, scouting out areas and fighting battles as Moh Shuvuu
>running around reading peoples minds
>fighting Yakuza naked in a bathouse
>Raidou doesn't take off his hat in the bath

This is MegaTen from a totally fresh perspective for me, it feels familiar to the MegaTen formula I know and love, while also feeling completely fresh and different, I can't believe I haven't played this sooner.

Too bad its plots are both uninteresting. Raidou 1 is at least tolerable. 2 more or less is incoherent gibberish.

I don't know too much about the endings, but it seems like you finally kill off YHVH and Lucifer for good, create a new universe where such a conflict doesn't exist and even BTFO The White's mission while we're at it. Which sounds fine by me.

The problem is that the lore and universe of SMT IV was already pretty complete and fleshed out to begin with. We already knew how it all came to be, it's current situation, we had a bunch of what if scenarios, and the different endings.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DM2X9eV9U8

I WANNA GO TO ISTANBUL

The problem is that there's two endings. One is your stereotypical neutral, but its presented as extra good now for some reason. And another one you kill all the gods, but become a new god, but can have a demon sidekick since dagda hates gods and demons but apparently not when they're at least half human. It doesn't really make sense that the ending where you kill all the gods also has you become one. They even call your partner a megami in it. To top it off, they retconned most of IVs plot.

Nah.

IV and its endings are still canon due to how the Amala Network works. It's just that the endings of 4A are also possible scenarios in that universe.

>Raidou doesn't take off his hat in the bath

I don't mean that the issue is just that the endings are different. But that its kind of retroactively changing the connotations of the struggle in a way that IV was clearly not written for.

Raidou has a stinky, smelly hat!

ANOTHER

WORLD

DEMON

FUCKED

UP

I really wanna get into Raidou because I like the concept and setting, but man the combat is bad in that game.

THE

ASS

>introduce best girl
>she barely shows up in the game
This shouldn't be allowed.

Reminder that Charles Barkley is a chaos demon:

youtube.com/watch?v=reUkatNvmtU

No. You have to play until summer festival in P3 and 4.

What about it is bad? I like having to aim and time certain spells because demons do some dodging. Not that far in so does it just get old or easy?

It should say when you go to fuse or equip. I don't remember.
Or just use a fucking guide.

Not him, but I'm enjoying it so far, it felt clunky at first but after getting used to it it's pretty fun. Only real problem I have so far is it's a little easy, I wish you could access hard mode from the start.

It also feels a little less clunky after discovering that guarding after 2 strikes, then continuing doesn't leave you with that long window of vulnerability after finishing a combo.

I hear 2 has better combat anyway.

>>A proper Shin Smash Megamis won't ever be real

SMASH MEGAMI TENSEI fucking obviously, get it right.

i bet hes eupoor

I just got a used PS3 'Super Slim' because my backward compatible 80GB died (while under a retailer warranty). It's so tiny and quiet, and I can still play Megaten on it without being afraid it's going to catch on fire. How do you fiends play PS2 Megaten games? I know the PSN games are frowned upon, but it's so much comfier than playing on my PC.

I play PS2 games on my PS2.

Makes sense. I never cared for the PS2 library other than Megaten. I've never been able to justify keeping one around...Mainly because I obsessively hoard Famicom shit and share a tiny apt

>Monochrome Forest
>See Walter

I hate the tray on it. But I've had it on for 12hrs at a time, and it usually takes 10 to start getting annoyed.

My laptop is trash, so if I did play PS2 games it'd be on my PS2. But I might get the PSN version in a flash sale or something.

I feel moderately shitty but I use my relatives as storage.

I built myself an attractive, locked cabinet (you can't see anything in) in a room at my grandma's filled with weaboo shit, consoles and games I don't plan on playing for a long time, and a few preorder bonus items in a room she wasn't using in exchange for painting her house.

Love my grandma, and love that she lives an half an hour away.

Does anybody have a backgroundless image of yellowhead?

All I can ever find are screenshots of him from SMT II with the black background

As long as you help her if she asks again, I don't see a problem.

Should I bother replaying SMT4 and going for neutral ending before Apocalypse comes out? Only got Law before, debating whether or not I would have time to go and do neutral without completely burning myself out on SMT by the time Apocalypse hits

Not unless it's been a while since you last played or you absolutely have nothing better to do. I remember marathoning DDS2 and Persona 3 before playing Nocturne for the first time and I press-turned myself into an addict.

Taking breaks builds up anticipation... and hell, if you already how neutral ends, you don't have a huge reason to do so.

>tfw still haven't finished SMT2 or EP

The MegaTen wiki says the Apocalypse release date is September 20th in the US. Is that bullshit or is there any source to it?

>tfw played Nocturne, DDS 1 & 2 and a grind run of DDS to fight Demi-fiend all one after the other

I almost didn't make it.

I want to fight Satan and the other optional bosses in DDS2 but I just can't bring myself to do it.

AMAZON
PR ON TWITTER

Well it's been a good while since I last played it, but if I recall the neutral path requires you to do a ton of sidequest stuff so maybe spending that much time just to see another ending is a bit much. Anywhere I can read a decent story synopsis of the neutral path to refresh my memory on what happens?

Why is this theme so fucking good?
Fierce Battle is ok.
youtube.com/watch?v=xyTbDtQSgW4

I don't like using walkthroughs or getting spoiled so I made the wonderful mistake of mastering a good portion of everyone's grid and the skills passed on from Seth and the Brothers in Arms and didn't know that NONE of that shit would carry over for the Satan fight in NG+.

I'm going to find an Gameshark disc that actually works and remove the
>Too overcome with fear and dread to enter
barrier to fight Satan on Normal.

What team are you joining, /smtg/?
This game really eats up my comp's batteries

None.

Team red, i will change this rotten app

Very jealous of that arrangement, user. I did the same with my parents but they sold the house I grew up in recently so all that random shit is now in a storage unit and in my older brother's basement several states away. At the apartment I keep all my retro gaming confined to my desk (and under my desk in bins), and my 3 'modern' consoles are hooked up to the flat-screen. It's hard to keep the hoarding in check when I love that red and white box so damn much.
Glad to hear that, thanks man. I've had it on for like six hours re-downloading and installing all my digital shit. It's hot as hell but pretty quiet compared to the literally jet-engine that was the 80GB.

No, but I do have this rare yod-hay.

Better version of the image

Screwed it up
Here it is

Make one with SMT I's heroes.

Where exactly? I noticed that the SP use changes from character to character.

Well, maybe I'm going to check some guides.

So if I encounter a Fiend in SMT4, do I just save when I see them or do I have to repeat the 1/256 chance to find them again if I happen to lose?

Does Final/Apocalypse have multiple routes/alignments/endings like IV or no?

Would you fug Lucifer in disguise?

Hoy.

From my experience, saving removes it.

Dying and resurrecting from charon seems to work though.

I actually picked valor because it sounded kinda chaos

You wouldn't?

Same really. And because Candela's got the biggest tits.

Get me some backgroundless images of the SMT I guys and I will

It was just easier to find it for IV

Is there any particular reason that nothing in Persona Q reflects or absorbs anything? I'm up to the third dungeon The spooky one. and I just noticed that's it's literally only been resist so far.

I'd go red.

It's a Etrian Odyssey game