/evog/ - Evolve General

Balanced Waifu edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve (stage 2)?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>I heard the game was dead?
It was (at least on PC). 100-200 players and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now 18k people are playing it.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Copy paste:

Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total, though some are variations of others. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (The Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vg-Evolve

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/pc-evolve-stage-2-the-new-wraith-thoughts-and-opinions/88488
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for nerf crying instead of learning how to play

If your medic is a prime retard and doesn't know how to dodge whatsoever, you're basically fucking boned right? Shields can only do so fucking much.

Opinion: Hunters are overpowered
Fact: Monsters are overpowered

Learn the difference

Honestly you're fucked if anyone on your team is heavily retarded

>how to spot a shitter 101

>DDs
I don't know who the fuck that is
>Laz/Cabot
That's the most retarded setup I've ever fucking heard, even back when Cabot did a billion damage a shot. You've got literally no defensive capacity.

Lazarus was NEVER COMPETITIVELY VIABLE. Not before launch, not after launch, and certainly not now after the changes to assault.

How do I git gud with Kala? What are some viable uses for her teleporter? It feels like I never have time to set one up because the monster breaks one part of it.

Is Elder Kraken the most retarded monster to play?
Spam abilities, kill the whole hunter party

>How do I git gud with Kala
You pick a better support. Tier 5 hunters are garbage.

>What are some uses for her teleporter
There are literally two, and one is impossible against a good monster because he'll instantly kill your portal
1) Set up on opposite ends of the map to quickly chase the monster
2) Set up one outside a dome then one inside so teammates can escape

>abdul buys mudslime girl
>abdul realizes west girls are better

>hunters on my ass from the get go because hit 4
>give up running and turn and brawl them in an advantageous area
>kill people 6 fucking times but constant dropship reinforcements means I still can't escape, win, or evolve
I don't get it why didn't they just make the monsters AI if they wanted them to never have fun?

t. wraith

>First game of Evolve since 2015
>Apparently need to play Assault for goodies or whatever so I make that my pref.
>Guy in lobby also has that as his pref.
>I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD IF YOU GET ASSAULT YOU FUCKING LITTLE NIGGER
>Get Assault
>Pick Parnell
:^)
>Spends the entire game calling me a worthless little nigger even before we meet the monster
This game is hilarious now.

does reload speed apply to hank shield?

HOW AM I SO FUCKING BAD WITH MONSTERS

I HAVE TRIED WITH EVERY SINGLE ONE AND KEEP DYING
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE etc.

You just pretend you never bought her and play a real support instead of fucking up your team even more.

What do you do once you get caught as Goliath? I can never get away as Goliath and evolving only makes him slower.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU DO ABOUT WRAITHS GOD DAMN FUCKER RAPED OUR SHIT IN.

>lennox
>garbage

ignore your teleporter, none of your teammates are gonna be smart enough to use them
use armor drain whenever the assault is next to the monster
Spam your mine things constantly whenever you aren't using armor drain

Val's medigun somehow feels really weak compares to Caira's.

Lennox is great at close range but has nothing at medium to long range and that's where almost all fights are.

Right now Blitz Markov is far and away the strongest assault.

>game is hunter favor
>but not in the tip top comp scene that's monsters he he

which one is it

>mfw i cant even win with wraith

Pub = Monster favored
Comp = Monster favored

Get it right.

That's because it is. Caira's launcher has higher healing potential because it takes a modicum of aim and can't hit airborne targets easily.

Like user said before

Bad monster beats bad hunters
Mediocre hunters beats mediocre monster
Pro monster beats pro hunters

Is Crow's shitty fucking pulse gun meant to actually slow the monster? Because it doesn't fucking work.

Charge it bro.

The wiki says otherwise, saying that Val's medigun heals 110 HP per second and Caira's heals 125 per round(I know this is true at least)

Wish there was a spreadsheet of all this.

So how do you fix that?

>it's a tech sgt hank thinks his shield gun works like regular hank's shield gun episode

I do that but he's still jumping around like a damn monkey, it's not like I'm missing either because I see the particle effect on him.

Monster player here. Why does everyone hate Kala as support? That armor drain is terrifying, especially as a low health monster.

So he only uses it while you guys are getting fukt instead of spamming that shit throughout the match?

AFAIK Val's medgun does heal a single target slightly faster but also takes a lot longer to recharge than Caira does to reload, making her total heal capacity less than Caira's.

Caira's also can hit multiple targets at once and can hit herself.

In case you wondered what the face of utter defeat looks like.

Yes, and no matter how many times I told him he just wouldn't shield us prior to engaging.

>just barely won a game of behemoth with half of my last bar of health

>tfw

>winning a match by the skin of your teeth headshotting a charging stage 3 goliath as last man standing Cabot
I like Cabot but I feel so fucking ineffective compared to Hank/Sunny.

Can the lightning gun hit weakspots?

No, neither can hydes flamethrower

Well then, which hunter perks should I pursue first?

Jetpack Fuel Recharge is best for most hunters.

When are they implementing seeing all level rewards so you know who is worth leveling?

>can hit herself.
She can?

they aren't.

Yes, which is half of what makes Caira so amazing.

The medic and support are the primary targets for the monster, and the medic is the easier to down of the two. That means a medic that can sustain itself is infinitely more valuable than one that can only sustain others.

Caira can heal herself with her grenades, heal herself with heal burst, and can escape a monster with speed boost.

>medic is salty and calls me bad because i turned on him and killed him instantly after he tranqed me and i saw he was totally split from his team
>wipe his team at stage 1 and taunt him a bit in chat and he calls me a shitlord
lol
if these are the people you get queued with i feel bad for you guys

>Try crow for the first time

holy shit, if you have any kind of idea of predictive movement this feels like goddamn cheating.
Why didn't this game start out with Crow and Gorgon?

there is absolutely zero way to stop a monster from focusing the medic down

there's no reliable way to peel or disengage and it's fucking awful

>Be Cabot
>we have a hyde
>I damage amp the monster, a Goliath
>hyde goes ham
>a stage two is dead in a matter of seconds.

Goddamn I love Cabot.

>here is absolutely zero way to stop a monster
just kill it lmao

Dodge until you run out of fuel then beg the support to shield you while you wait for recharge

I love the idea of crow but really need a good team that follows you to get things done with him.

There's so many times that I've found the monster by being constantly on the move and spamming his bird just to see that my team mates are jacking off somewhere. Really frustrating.

Okay so how do you counter a Kraken that is flying 24/7 when you have a Hyde?

To add to the Jetpack Fuel Recharge suggestion user made(which is really solid), I'd say that gunning for Reload Speed or Ammo Capacity.

Example: If you're Hank Reload Speed will charge your gun, your bombs and your shield faster and Ammo Capacity can increase how much you can gun and how much you can shield. Caira benefits from Capacity too but you'll have to a bit of math to see how many perk upgrades you'll need to get an extra grenade.

>there is absolutely zero way to stop a monster from focusing the medic down
Shield the medic and/or pour tons of damage onto the monster.
Either it will kill your medic while your team takes it down in health, or it will try to run. Either way you've done a good job on it.

Does hanks drill or orbital bombardment hurt players? I can never remember.

What you said applies to any trapper though.

My team was pretty on point, even if we had three downs during it. I've generally found that using the sat ping to find the monsters general direction, then sending Gobi to what I think is the most likely flank. I follow along Gobi's path in case he misses anything, while the rest head off after the red tick.

Cheers.

how much hp is one monster bar? 500?

Some of the perks you unlock past like level 11 of a character aren't shown(for some reason) so you might want to google/ask people about that.

In case you're curious so far I found the Jetpack Recharge Rate perk for level 13 Markov + Blitz Markov (silver) and Sunny level 28 (gold)

Nigger the wraith is the fucking crutch monster, what it lacks in actual abilities it "makes up for" with flashy special effects that will dazzle and amaze level 8 shitters who see it and go "OH MUH GOD WHAT'S GOIN ON" but then after ten matches they realize "Oh, it's a lightshow" and shoot the monster because it has nothing else going for it.

Damage perks are a must have on assault as well

AHAHAHA JUST RUN AWAY MAN JUST LIKE JET PACK AHAHAHAH

talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/pc-evolve-stage-2-the-new-wraith-thoughts-and-opinions/88488

kek

>Does hanks drill or orbital bombardment hurt players?
Doesn't actually hurt them but it will push/throw them around if they're caught up in the blast which can be bad if it's in the middle of a firefight.

Except for Blitz Markov - ammo cap is best there for a longer max charged beam.

For the Medic ? Not much. "Top tier players" keep memeing about just dodging everything coming your way but realistically you're going to dodge three attacks maximum before you're left with metal scrap on your back

Once that's done, try to have a Support to shield you, once the shield is dead he should pulse it (if it's Hank, if not he already did). Then pulse your own Medic beam

POUR SOME FUCKING DAMAGE TOO WHILE YOU ARE AT IT. Val's Sniper Rifle is nothing to laugh at, it can do much more damage than your Trapper's average dried bean shooter (exception Crow, bypasses monster armor when charged)

If you get downed, literally do nothing but spam the healing pulse, since it helps you last longer. Also use your fucking pistol because the damage can add up quickly if the monster is camping you

If you die you'll dropship back in in 10 seconds (estimating he didn't Flee Till 2), with full health (minus strike) and all your abilities recharged. From here, he should have fled. If he hasn't, he's a free kill, just make sure he doesn't get another strike in

can you even push downed characters?

I was just thinking I could drop an oribital lazer/bomb on a monster sticking to a downed character.

I actually got one on a goliath earlier today that, for some reason, decided to try and hide while in the dome. Stupid bugger.

>I won a bunch of matches after the game went f2p monster is obviously OP

Could have been worse. I had a trapper who refused to move without having the planet scanner guide him. Whenever it was on cooldown, he will stand still and wait

>can you even push downed characters?
As far as I can tell no you can't, which is why I do that too, it actually works pretty well. Problem is most monsters are smart and typically go for the Support/Medic before anyone else so you have to hope they forget about you.

>against wraith with pubbies
>medic picks EMET
>it gets trapper down to 2 strikes right off the bat
>game drags on with us hot on the wraiths heels damaging its health
>by stage 3 we all have 2 strikes
>sit at relay, prep my blitz markov mines for rape
>wraith jumps in and triggers them all
>HERE WE GO
>for the next 7 tense as fuck minutes we battle back and forth at the relay with EMET placing down his based respawn becons
>we win
>monster says HOLY FUCK THAT WAS AWESOME

What is awesome about losing?

a good match is a good match, user.

What do you mean losing? I said we won.

>It's not fun unless I win
For some reason this game can be fun even if you lose, I dunno how to explain it, it's one of the only games like this.

not when your teammates are fucking morons

He's talking about what the monster player said, dumb dumb.

>win games 50 keys
>lose game 20 keys
it was fun while it lasted

Sunny good or bad? Somebody said she was only a meme.

Really? I get like 250-500 per match.

>tfw the game will be dead af in 2 weeks

>play absolutely 100% perfect every single fight.
>someone plays only at 90%.peak capacity in last fight.
>wraith wins just because.

Sunny is amazing. Her shield drone actually has enough power to shield, het jetpack boost is incredible for helping a focused person escape, and her primary does good damage. If you run item switch speed and t3 class cooldown on her she's hard as fuck to down.

Sunny is good, Shield drone a cute, Jet pack boost a crutch her and hank are the best.
Kala is a meme but her Armour drain is seriously good.

>tfw devs are pretty shit and they will kill their own game

I got 16423 moneys, what are the good unlockable hunters? I'm a founder so I have half the cast. Is gorgon good too?

just buy gold perks

Gorgon and Wraith are great

>Be trapper
>Keep it in stasis all the time
>It can still jump around on players and escape without difficulty
What's the point?

just won a match where I as the special hank I was stuck in the revive animation, moving was hard as shit and so was aiming but I don't know how we managed

You want to know what I'm looking forward too?
Leveling up high enough to a point where people want a meta and say don't pick Laz he's bad, and I'll just reply but he's the only medic I own.

>51k online yesterday

nah

>It's another "Some retard domed the monster in a cave without elevations" episode

>its another "retard has no idea how to monster" episode

>71 keys for a win
Did they patch their rewards, or what happened?