/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General

He Creates A Desert and Calls It Stellaris
Collectors Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>Civilization VI trailer with release date:
youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Unambitious Warscore Demands:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/hwVSS
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>148126986
You should change it to having a tier 2 bonus instead. Your zero-cost traits have merit, but the bonus should still be felt. Consider applying random chance with meagre returns. You'll get a "Huh" factor and that's all you need.

Guy who asked about stellaris vs distant worlds here. I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper... I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'? "Normal" and "Fast" seem to go about the same speed to me. Other than that I'm not noticing the usual Paradox lag (Crusader Kings II, HoIIV, Victoria, EUIV, etc), and aside from some slowdowns the menu seems pretty fluid. Mind you that this is on version 1.0.0, and the patch is downloading right now.

Could be two very much stylized fasces.

Well, actually, not the fascces but just the axes minus the fasces.

But I guess horse ass is fine, too.

>I'm getting just about one day every second on the fastest speed. Is this by any measure 'good'?
pretty sure speed is capped regardless of your PC's performance

Just patch it.

I had that problem in 1.0, but with 1.1 and later it runs fast enough on fast or very fast, even in lategame in a 1000 star galaxy.

>I went ahead and bought Stellaris since it was cheaper...
you fucked up user

Some mod recommendations if I want to turn my stellaris game into battle tech?

Anyone play endless legend in here?

If so, is the latest expansion worth it?

Worth what? Money? If you're a pirate definitely download it, it only improves the game IMO. If you want to buy it, I guess that depends on your financial situation, you can buy it on sale I guess

Talking about Shifters right? They haven't released a new expansion after that, yet?

/4xg/ Discord!
Come join!

discord.gg/hwVSS

I'm just wondering if it's like Brave New World and it added a bunch of good stuff that made the game significantly better or of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.

I'll roll

rolling nigga

What should my research priorities be in Stellaris? I just got the game, and I've basically focused entirely on unlocking destroyers and getting new ship parts. Am I doing this right?
How much science output should I be shooting for in the earlygame? These techs are rolling by painfully slowly, and I feel like I'm getting outpaced hard.

Are you expanding hard? More planets = more research cost

Wich in time should be offset by the new science labs.

How hard is expanding hard? I colonized a nearby planet and have maybe two or three frontier outposts.

Whats the year, I think the guide line is your first colony by 2208, your second by 2013 or something similar.

If people don't comment on your mod, how the hell can I improve it? Just wing it?

Steam rollin'

>need to actually try to keep up on hard rather than steamrolling everything
neato

should keep me entertained for a while longer then

rollan

How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?

>How do you monitor war score in Stellaris?
it's on the bottom right of your galaxy screen?

>yfw some alien FUCK decides to settle in the middle of your empire

Civilization 6 is looking like a pretty good game desu. I'm much more optimistic for it than I was about CiV.

Are you guys okay with the fact that energy is the main bottleneck in planetary/military expansion? Because to be quite frank, I'm not okay with it.

It feels like the mineral income was balanced around constantly rebuilding ships and/or replacing building as your empire's priorities change. But the thing is that as warmonger-friendly as this game is, constant warfare to the point of requiring complete fleet rebuild is rare, and replacing buildings to meet demand is a stupid idea given the ludicrously slow construction speed. The only time I've found myself starved for minerals was when three empires wardec'd me at once, and that was mainly because I had no dedicated "minerals only" planet to begin with.

Really, buildings in general needs to have their energy cost reduced severely or generator output needs to be improved significantly. Hell, I'd even be okay with being able to replace one building with another of same tier as long as you have the tech for it.

Thanks. Shit is small.

You can just dump your excess minerals onto AIs for energy whenever your short, so unless you're totally isolated diplo wise, it's not much of a limit.

a lot of people are. the only thing I see people bitching about now is the graphics, unlike civ 5 where people bitched about the lack of features

>literally 50% of the time I random I get japan
>this will probably be japan too
>my captcha has a star of david in it

>civ VI
>now even more casual

Are you guys serious?

I don't suppose anyone has good loadouts for their ships in Stellaris? I tend to make a few variations of each weapon type coupled with some point defence for each ship type. But I'm not sure if Its optimal.

>england
>archipelago
>diplomatic
does this mean I kill everyone with ships of the line until I'm the only person left who can vote?

how so?

>of it's just weather effects and a shit faction.
It's a few new mechanics that don't have any bearing on the game, but mostly that part there

hit me

this guy keep s being a dick wad. He set up a city between mine blocking it off completely. Like I can't connect to my place anymore.

In civ IV on harder difficulites, you had to think when choosing your tech. Wrong choice could fuck up your entire game.

Now even that will be choosen by the game for you. You cannot even lose by fucking up your tech priorities.

I would also argue that new worker system is more casual friendly then the old one.

>Now even that will be choosen by the game for you.

chosen is the wrong word, i meant "solved by the game"

I dig the workers have charges so you don't have some eternal slave for thousands of years, but I don't like the instant build times. Maybe 1/2/3/4 turn builds on quick through to marathon speed

well, I wouldnt really say that, I'd say its different. techs are now spread across culture and science, so now a science based civ wont dominate like in civ 5. the eurekas seem a bit much to be able to just halve times, but the techs might take a while to research normally and they might get really difficult later on (not just building a mine or chopping down a tree or whatever.)
workers are a bit more casual, maybe? but I think they're just different. space matters a lot more because of districts, and the charges mean that you cant just fill up your territories with farms and whatnot, and then replace them easily with districts later. you have to constantly be building fresh workers, taking up production. im not a fan of the instant build times but oh well. also them removing worker automation means that it might be less casual friendly because shitters are going to be stuck more on what they want to do, instead of just letting the ai handle it. (and yea, a lot of people used automation)

Why does everyone love civilization series so much? It doesn't seem like a particularly special 4x game. The combat sysetm is so boring I've never been able to get into it

I actually just reinstalled Distant Worlds Universe after playing Stellaris. First played Distant Worlds around its release date. So much better than Stellaris in my opinion, but Paradox games need a lot of time to become a full game. We'll see

All I want from civ 6 is a competent AI that doesn't settle dumpster 1 tile tundra island cities 10 turns from the end of the game, or try to jew you over on every trade because 1:1 on luxuries you both have duplicates on is not fair or something, or harass you with endless prophets even after you ask them to stop, then get grumpy when you attack any prophets he sends into your lands or towards your city state allies.

I'm not seeing an argument. There is still a tech tree.

Because of the leaders.
You can see it with Beyond Earth, basically an identical game but the leaders are fictional people that have no story, and no one talks about it.

A. its a normie game.
B. it has a lot of personality.
C. easy to get into.

It was the original

I think you know exactly what you have to do.

Germany was really pretty before ww2

>play Stellaris
>save some of the pre-made races and put them into the game
>make custom races
>make custom homeworld names
>save vanilla homeworld names

>get into the game, and the races suddenly have [star name] + [Roman numeral] as their home planet name

Is this a bug, or did I dun goof something?

You're really pretty now

you prob goofed somewhere

I know, I lost a shit ton of weight and the beard I grew looks pretty damn badass

dont say that when I'm just thinking about cutting all of mine now

>tfw conquering the galaxy as a race of space qts

I'll lend-lease you 5 tigers if you let me nest in your beard

There's a mod that gives that portrait slightly larger eyes, I think it's the one you're using, the clothes are the same.
I don't know why, but that tiny change makes me go hnnnng

I think it's the look of disdain in her face

When was the last Civ game to have Teddy R.?

Do you have it? Mine hasn't got larger eyes but would want?

It's very slight, I can't even tell if the eyes are larger, or it's a bit more makeup
Are you using the German portraits mod? That's the one I'm talking about

The difference between them is is phenotype, you can notice between 4 and 5, I think

If Civ 6 doesn't have Vermin Supreme I'm suing Sid and everyone here

Here's a comparison
I think they're cute
Paradox should invest more in space waifus
CK2 would definitely be better if the portraits were cute

>be OP of last thread
>don't make OP
>thread dies without new thread link
Wew

lol holy shit the bigger eyes makes her look retarded. Like she's the opposite of crossed eyed or something. Her right iris is too far left (our left). Bigger eyes would look better if she had a smile or something I think.

My mod was the Separate Humans mod some user from here made.

Was it the Imperial German Portraits mod? Think I have that

I was just checking, and the eyes are the sheboon's. It might be that what I thought was mascara was a darker skin tone, since it was made for the black woman. I think they look fine.

Yes, that's the one

So, I'm currently playing the following:
>Traits: Industrious, Thrifty, Sedentary, Slow Breeders.
>Ethos: Fanatic Spiritualist, Collectivist.
>Government: Plutocratic Oligarchy.

Fanatic Spiritualist removes the Slow Breeders penalty, and I get a +20% income on Energy and Minerals, along with a -25% cost in Mining Stations. Collectivist allows me to enslave, relocate, and purge divergent pops, should any occur despite my significant bonus to conformity.

My question is, how do Sectors handle slavery? If they handle it well enough, should I exchange Slow Breeders for Decadent?

Additionally, does anyone know what the icon that I've posted means? I get the symbolism behind the laurel of wheat, but what are the two mirrored shapes in the center?

I seriously regret not taking the ability to enslave or purge people. Putting up with unhappy people is so stupidly hard.

>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Sectors enslave anyone if it will produce a higher resource yield I think. So basically all minerals/farms will have someone enslaved on it. They won't address faction issues or anything.

it's such a pain when orbital mind control and edicts and -%ethics divergence buildings and +%happiness buildings don't work.

Oh, that's fantastic; so I won't need to worry about the happiness penalty of Decadent, and the Fanatic Spiritualism will help create new pops faster.

Thank you!

>identifying your empire as a horse's ass

Yeah, yeah; I'll go with the bull's head symbol.

>don't work
do all of those things just don't work?

The happiness buildings do but the ethics divergence stuff just never seems to change my pops. I will never not go collectivist because you cant get rid of pops with different ethics any other way.

Despotic Empire or Plutocratic Oligarchy?

Going individualist is suicide; it's ridiculous that you can't enforce your will on your population.

>Going individualist is suicide
exactly. It's bizarre how often an individualist empire will produce pops that have non individualist ethics. It's like they want less freedom.

>We're so devoted to the ideals of freedom and liberty that we demand that you enslave us RIGHT NOW.

I have a tribute that loves being my tribute

Yes. The solution is to always kill everyone.

None, I think? I also checked civ wiki but can't found any game with Teddy in it, except for Civ VI

Patrician detected.

>Tfw purging a species for the first time
>Click X

Damn. Does this make make me soft? I don't know why, but I suddenly felt bad for committing genocide on individuals who really had no hand in the war. The conflicting belief is that I want to keep my race/nation pure.

>Does this make make me soft?
yes.

Your weakness will poison your people.

You owe no allegiance to aliens. They evolved under different circumstances, they do not think like you do. They consume resources that would be better utilized by your species and serve only as a roadblock on the path to greatness.

You're right. I let my emotions momentarily interfere with the greatness of my species. Thank you for enlightening me, bruders. Deus Veult!

Hitler was an idiot that lost the war for his people.

He shouldn't serve as an inspiration to anyone, least of all to nationalists.

what did he mean by this?

Have they fixed the screen size problem with aurora yet? I've been waiting for it to be payable on my laptop.

do Tachyon Lances count as Energy Weapons?

No, they count as missiles

They surely do pal. It is explained quite clearly is the weapon description as well. Maybe reading isn't your forte.

I was wondering because I was researching those tech that gave +5% to damage and rate of fire but my military power wasn't going up

How the fuck is it that I have a Hyperlane only game and my enemies are discovering psi Jump Drives

certain AI has the prereqs for the psi jump drive but other AI also has the psi jump drive despite not having ANY of the requirements for it.

I keep going to war with these bastards and I can't seem to discover the drives in the wreckage to research it at all

Oh, might be a bug, either not adding the damage at all or not updating the numbers from it. Maybe test out with other tech if you can be bothered?

anyone can get jump drives I thought?

I have the game set to Hyperlane only but Psi Jump Drive is the only other drive technology I can find in this.

Psi techs are their own special sub tree unlocked by ethos,. that's probably why.
Are the people with the Psi drives all Spiritual by any chance..?

2 of them are but this other one has none of the requisits which is making me really question if this is a big

Is the other one of the same species as one of the spiritual empires? They might have rebelled from ethics divergence after the tech was researched.

What are the prerequisites for it, apart from highest level of drive tech researched? I thought it was just down to RNG and that spiritualists get a higher chance and materialists get a lower chance of getting it