Classic Edition

Last thread: >Tips and guides
Blog: tf2.com
Wiki: wiki.tf
Class guides: pastebin.com/u/TheOperator
FAQ: pastebin.com/RRENUArS
Mods: pastebin.com/bzzUK5tz
Steam status: steamstat.us steamgaug.es
Preview Loadout: whatsnext.loadout.tf steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/158547475
HUDs: huds.tf
Game Traffic: steamcharts.com/app/440#1y

>Trading
Sites: scrap.tf tf2outpost.com backpack.tf bazaar.tf
BP check: backpack.tf
Prices: backpack.tf trade.tf
Scrapbanking: scrap.tf scrapbank.me
Betting: saloon.tf
Skins: p337.info/tfview/

>Competitive
Basics: playcomp.tf
Comp Wiki: comp.tf
Lobbies: tf2center.com/lobbies
Scripting: pastebin.com/1VmngMfJ pastebin.com/H3WfKLaB
TF2 streams: teamfortress.tv
UGC (Global): ugcleague.com
ESEA (NA/EU): play.esea.net
ETF2L (EU): etf2l.org
AusFortress (AUS): ozfortress.com
AsiaFortress (Asia): asiafortress.com
FBTF (Brazil): teamfortress.com.br/forum/

>IRC
irc://irc.rizon.net/tf2g
pastebin.com/9S37Kk0W

>SERVERS FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T WANT COMP MODE
pastebin.com/BuG8yM2j

>/tf2g/s looking to party queue
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15-e-Sut2sj954Cjm8aGzXMaN4dSSop7xgiyp9DCdOK8/edit?usp=sharing

Post Medics for the 120rd time

early

>It's an "autist reported the old thread" episode

>19 posts early

ok, ok. Is there any way we can make heavy's % increase?
Maybe we could form a group of 24 heavy voters in a casual lobby and farm points off of eachother for the team?

>No black box
It's not even a good bait list

>no vitasaw
>no black box
>no liberty launcher
>jarate

LnL has an argument for MM. Rollers require more skill than is normally present in MM (enemies have to be competent enough to avoid directs, you have to be competent enough to place good rollers, and your teammates have to be able to take advantage of them)

Also Spycicle is definitely a crutch but it's still fun to make Pyros mad.

>anime shit

everything you just said in that pic is now invalid

"THANK YOU" BASED VIVA

nice phone post viva

I can phone post if you want but not him.

I never post without my trip, though. Unless there's technical difficulties like the other day

I would've still needed to wait 90 seconds to post again. That was like 30 seconds

Damn..

Second series of Australiums when?

What the fuck does the New Enforcer even do.

Always deals full damage against the DDS, Vaccinator, and Battalion's Backup?

Hopefully never.

Skins, on the other hand...

how do people deal with having crouch jump binds, doesnt the constant screen stutter annoy the player

how do people deal with being so bad they need crouch jump binds

Australium Brass Beast, Rainblower, and Jarate when?

>Booties still suspect after their only useful attribute was removed
>Quickiebomb suspect instead of OU with a 50% clip penalty and 15% damage penalty without charging

These balanced teams don't need !scramble or autobalance.

I stopped healing 2 minutes in when my second uber was wasted just like the first when the team rushed back into spawn when it was popped instead of pushing forward. We never even got on the first point while they ubered us off our first point then back capped with two scouts each time.

How is this playable? Also why does it take 10 minutes to find a match with several hundred compatible nearby players and over a thousand empty nearby servers?

Dunno why they made it to pierce resist items.
I guess it's for if you see a rare DDS Sniper who's low on health, but even then you can stab them, or maybe to make the most out of the one increased damage shot you've got if you're disguised.

My question is why does the Shortstop have that shove now outside of just pushing people around and off points like airblast.

>get placed on blue team
>lose
everytime.

i thought you couldn't disable viewmodels any more, or is that only in mm?

The future you chose, compfags

fuck this forced viewmodel joke

>join comp game
>heavy complaining that valve introduced a map made by a tranny
>medic won't heal anyone "until the bigot is gone"
>they spend the rest of the match arguing about Black Lives Matter
>we lose
>rank down

I've had almost nothing but good games out of this. The only unenjoyable ones were the ones where my team either stomped the other team way too fast, or where I was put on a bad map, like 2Fort. Most of the time I've had good even matches where everyone tried their absolute best and had a good time all around. My one complaint is that the servers are unstable.

>You can't votekick these people
What was Valve thinking?

i laughed

>implying we give a shit about valve servers
>implying this is any worse than what valve servers used to be

>Gunslinger
>Keeps engies from playing at their highest skill level

A gunslinger engie working as a scout who just places minis in annoying spots is objectively better than a level 3 engineer.

His anything like strife's hats galore? I need idiotic unusual hat trading news.

the default wrench does not disable the shotgun

mm only

Can you still turn off viewmodels?

Heavy made a good point, Medic is a faggot.

>>implying this is any worse than what valve servers used to be
This is significantly worse than valve servers because at least then it was 12 idiots versus 12 idiots and if someone left a new person could join or the teams would just get switched.

Now it's 12 idiots vs 12 idiots and the second someone thinks they're losing it's 4 idiots vs 12 idiots.

Also apparently indexer has shit luck

Can you stop being gay?

At least I could join that one server that wasn't shit back then
Now I can't even do that and i'm NEVER EVER going to see a single cp_steel round from start to finish in the remaining lifespan of the game

thanks /pol/

>tfw half of your teammates are dead weights

But it does:

>Give the Engineer 25 less health (and even less overheal)
>Only allow the creation of sentries that take too long to build and will be instantly destroyed before doing anything by any competent player unless you are intentionally building far back and letting your team fight a 5v6 until they're pushed back into your sentry

luck has nothing to do with this
Back when quickplay was in place all I had to do was press "show servers" and i'd have one to join right away, at any fucking hour

Game is fucking dead now because people don't want to sit in queue for 15 minutes to play one subpar match on a random map

People can join existing games in casual matchmaking.

jawohl!

Really? I've never seen that.

Not to mention having the screen lock down during setup is retarded.

Why did they make "casual" competitive but with more people?

I'm a heterosexual through and through..
If you can't disable viewmodels anymore that's gay as fuck.

The same reason why LoL ranked is just LoL Normal matches but affect your rank score

You're not helping your argument at all here lad. League is a shit game and so is the entire moba genre.

>any competent player will instantly destroy a level 1 sentry
>oh but they don't do that to mini sentries no that 50 health can tank anything
quit playing pubs
quit playing pubs poorly

>15 minutes
it takes less than a minute for me

stop being a whiny little bitch

Think of it as reporting furry posters in here, it doesn't do jack shit, but it feels good

youre not a girl :/

It isn't playable unless you play with friends

I get a half afk team and the next match I get two guys who literally admit they are just idling to ruin people's matches

if I have to find the one server that isn't in bumfuck nowhere instead of fucking luxemburg servers
it's been 3 matchmaking queues and all of them i've been put in a third world server with 200+ ms

15 minutes
if i'm lucky

>L1 take too long to build and will be destroyed

>Use mini sentries instead

lol

i keep getting connected to Singapore servers but i live in australia ):

that isnt what you first said then

My point is that the TF2 team just looked at LoL and DoTA and said "that'll work in tf2!".

I wasn't saying it was a good idea, I was saying it was a thoughtless one.

A minisentry actually deploys fast enough to get some shots off and won't be instantly destroyed by every class, even scouts. That's right, it can actually work as a scout counter. Level 1s give a scout way too much time to run up and scattergun it twice.

you're in Eurasia, and they stuck you in a Chilean server...

that is literally on the other side of the world

what's your ms, is it less than 100?

Fuck off muselk

FIFTEEN MINUTES

F I F T E E N
U
C
K
I
N
G
M I N U T E S

>reserve shooter isn't on the list

it's playable though

if only i could be as epic as him

>when as a medic you're doing more damage than your entire team
jesus

Reserve shooter is overpowered, not a crutch.

Even the best player can benefit from FREE (FREE) mini-crits.

Honestly I think the reason matchmaking is so shit is partially because of overwatch.

I don't know how much they changed but I'm willing to bet they changed it at least in part due to overwatch (as it seems identical to overwatch's queues)

no you are not

all these retards comparing it to overwatch have never played csgo lmfao

ok i lied, only one spy was doing more damage
everyone else was a fucking retard who stood still and couldn't destroy a single sentry between four heavies, one soldier and two demos

>four heavies
>1/3 of your team is a useless knife holder

if you build a sentry at the mid-fight, it will get destroyed immediately, since the scout, soldier, demo and with the most recent update, medic will all arrive to mid before you do (even moreso because you should deploy a teleporter entrance first thing)
so sentries should be deployed in a safer area, where they prevent enemies from getting behind your team or flanking them
if you lose mid, the sentry covers your retreat for a time (L1 has more health and covers you for longer)
if you win mid, you can haul your sentry and place it in a more aggressive spot, L1 has the benefit of being upgradable, so once placed it can hold the area better

plus if you initiate combat by deploying a sentry, you lose out on time where you could be firing your guns

>the TF2 team checks the win rate of pyro in 6v6
>5% winrate

seriously, I was healing a demo and he couldn't kill a soldier, so I had to pull out my syringe gun and do it for him

what happened to dominations? did they take them out?

They still exist, but they only show up on the scoreboard in MM (both modes, casual mode might be a bug)

They work perfectly fine in community servers

I finally joined a casual play server just today and I was pretty shocked with what I saw. Team composition, people using voice comms for non-squeaking reasons, people playing the objective, people getting salty and blaming teammates, etc. etc. Not one Hoovy Not one Sniper Not one Spy Not one Ghastly Gibus (though this was probably luck of the draw)

I felt bad for using a market garden + rocket jumper set for the first half.

This just-this isn't TF2. It just isn't.

TF2 was sandvich Hoovies and the Tryhards that preyed on them TF2 was Trolldiers and free-to-play Snipers TF2 was Unusuals top-scoring and inspiring Gibusvisions TF2 was chain-uber Medics and high-five Spies TF2 was Demoknights and Scunts and No-Fungineers TF2 was an ad-free place for relaxing fun Now TF2 is a well-salted competitive arena

Maybe I'm getting too emotional but this...this just isn't TF2. I want TF2 back. If you wanted to play competitively you could start and stop any time you wanted. You took it upon yourself to carry your team to victory. Whether it be with screaming eagles or with white doves, you tried as hard as you wanted and everyone (for the most part) was happy.

I'm not saying the addition of the casual queue is bad. I know some people really like it in-fact and you know what? If you're one of those people good for you! Have a virtual cookie! I could TOTALLY understand someone liking that! But you know what? That's really what the competitive button should have been, and I'm really disappointed in that too.

This is a Reddit post, right?

>"we don't need a spy on our team"
>"but i have the highest score XD"
>all his kills were suicide kills on the shitty players on the other team
>he didn't even get a single med pick

fucking knifefuckers

Meanwhile on bizzaro /tf2g/..

I have played plenty of casual matches that weren't like that. God forbid people want to win every once in a while.
Pyro OP, demoman needs buffs

But pyro IS op

And this is why, despite the glitches and fuckups, this update was great.

>add phone number to steam account
>verify it
>download gay smartphone app for security codes
>still can't play competitive mode

Pyro isn't OP, he's just fucking annoying. Like, most of the time you kill them, but when they get to kill you, you feel like it wasn't fair at all, while pretty much every time another class kills you you don't end up with such a feeling.

>Spy thinks he's contributing
>Because he has as many points as everyone else
>Even though spys get double points for kills

you have to wait a week after activating auth

>tfw you find out you can retract the big ramp in tr_walkway
holy fuck

I didn't have to wait a single second after doing all that crap went through.

So when is Blizzard gonna give us an americium degreaser?

Why do I have to spent three hours getting bullshit just to play a competitive hat shooter that doesn't even restrict classes or prune hackers?

This is so dumb it gives me a headache.

How do you get this map working again

Man, the new update was great!

WHEN IS SNIPER GOING TO GET FUCKING BUFFED REEEEEE

>2016
>not knowing walkway's features
>ISHYGDDT