Is this a war crime?

Is this a war crime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LVlYJ5eJU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a pretty ebin war crime imo

Thats some battlefield shit right there

did he land back in his plane?

Why would it be a war crime? I mean its kind of dickish because it encourages pilots to machinegun parachuting pilots but other than that

"Baggett then executed a perfect loop-zook with his bazooka and re-entered the cockpit of his plane."

Machine-gunning people in parachutes is at least, not sporty. Defending yourself against that is not a war crime

> One Zero approached within several feet of Baggett. The pilot then nosed up, almost stalling, and opened his canopy

Moronic jap deserved to die

OUT

FUCKING

SKILLED

Nah

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8LVlYJ5eJU

>be pilot
>love flying
>believe in bushido and honor
>all around swell guy
>could gun down parachuted pilot
>nah that would be a dick move, how about this
>decide to perform an expert aerobatic maneuver so the plane stalls for a few seconds close to the guy so you can say hi
>he shoots you in the face

It's just grandpa's bullshit war story. Even at near stalling speeds it's not like the plane is stationary.

More like Owen A. Faggett

It seems it's just a tall story to be honest.

Even if it was true how could anyone verify something like that?

>things that never happen
guys remember the moon landing?

>Japanese loss records for that day don't even match

More like Owen J. Braggart.

>A few months later, Col. Harry Melton, commander of the 311th Fighter Group who had been shot down, passed through the POW camp and told Baggett that a Japanese colonel said the pilot Owen Baggett had fired at had been thrown clear of his plane when it crashed and burned. He was found dead of a single bullet in his head. Colonel Melton intended to make an official report of the incident but lost his life when the ship on which he was being taken to Japan was sunk.
Gee that sounds reliable and not shady at all.

There are no war crimes in TOTAL WAR untill that is.....

it ends.

Damn. That level 100 colonel stuff right there.

>it encourages pilots to machinegun parachuting pilots
Was that not a thing? Seems like the obvious approach to take regardless.

Yes desu. That jap let him live by flying by, so he broke the bro code. What was the name of the Jap pilot?

I'm pretty sure it's a war crime to kill a combatant after he ejects out of his plane because that counts as a form of surrender. Also, I've read around that American and German pilots very well could have gunned down parachuting pilots very easily, but resisted doing it because there was no challenge in it.

Though I'm pretty sure it's not a crime to shoot at parachuting invaders, because nothing there constitutes a surrender.

>resisted doing it because there was no challenge in it
Jesus fuck, with the excuses they could think of, they went with the most unprofessional one.
Might as well have argued that parachutists should have avoided taking enemy troops by the rear because there's no challenge in maneuvering if you're just dropped to position.

Some WWII flying ace was interviewed on the History Channel for a program and described how he tailed a German pilot that was chewing up parachutists, aggrieved the plane until the guy had to parachute out himself and then minced him to hell.

Common decency doesn't go completely out the window even in "total war". If you raise the white flag and drop your weapons you would hope that someone else would show mercy.

I was referring to parachuting troops more than parachuting pilots.
But still, that's a really dubious way to surrender.
Is the pilot gonna turn himself to the enemy for processing afterward?
Is he gonna go home but avoid fighting until "exchanged" 18th century style?
Is he gonna be shot (like spies and escaped prisoners) if he's found moving unattended in enemy territory?
Is he gonna be declared a murderer if he kills anyone after ejecting?
Seriously, war laws are hypocritical and incoherent beyond belief, and the reasonings used to defend them are usually beyond petty.

>Attacks on parachutists, within the law of war, is when pilots, aircrews, and passengers are attacked while descending by parachutes from disabled aircraft during wartime. This practice is considered by most militaries around the world to be inhumane, barbaric, and unchivalrous, that it is unnecessary killing (the attacked personnel would eventually become POWs if parachuted over enemy territory), that it is contrary to fair play, and that pilots have to be held to a higher standard. Attacking people parachuting from an aircraft in distress is a war crime under Protocol I in addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. However, it is not prohibited under the Protocol to open fire on airborne forces who are descending by parachutes, even if their aircraft is in distress.[1]

Theres also no point. Pilots are mostly worthless, the planes arent

>That smug smile

>Pilots are mostly worthless, the planes arent
But that's wrong. Experienced pilots are way more effective than brand new ones.

kek

I dont get why nobody is asking how the fuck this picture was taken?

I'm sure there's a battlelfield videoclip with this exact sequence in it

This, stalling speed is just little under 200 km/h, that's still fast as fuck