Redpill me on the Senkaku Islands dispute Veeky Forums

Why do the japs and the chinks go so apeshit over such a tiny island?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/world-asia-36574590
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nationalism

But it makes no sense. The islands are absolutely fucking tiny. They would actually go nuclear war over this?

The ocean around the islands is not as tiny.

there's oil in them waters

China's """historical""" claims, which are a complete travesty to justify expansionism over anything they can't have. See also: Spratly islands and Taiwan.

Many reasons, but a very significant one is for defence. Like it or not, the US plays a big role in the balance of powers in the East Asian region. With the US creating a string of naval and army bases in countries surrounding the Mainland, there is a need to ensure that China maintains force projection capabilities through this deterrence wall, even potentially into the Pacific towards America.

Maintaining those waters free for Chinese use is crucial for submarines or warships. Conjecture at this point, but I think nuclear retaliation capability is the aim.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-36574590

> But it makes no sense. The islands are absolutely fucking tiny. They would actually go nuclear war over this?
It does make sense, for political reasons and for possible economical benefits.
But no nuclear war will happen over these.

I meant the alliances China and Japan have would drag in multiple factions if a war actually broke out over the islands

East china sea? Hmmmmm

It's about pride. China is too proud to succumb to Japan's claims and vice versa.

European nationalism seems to have evaporated after 2 continental wars.

As for Asia, we have room for 2 more world wars.

I hope Asia colonises Oceania and Americas and Africa. The world's problems will be fixed

>china alliances
What?

Politicians in East Asia use these territorial disputes to distract the populace too.

Found the Jap.

>Comparing Diaoyu islands and Taiwan

Are you fucking retarded or something?

And what about Taiwan's claims on the entire sovereign territory of the PRC? And the entire sovereign territory of Mongolia? And the same Senkaku Islands that both Japan and the PRC claim, as well as reproducing the PRC's claim lines into the Spratleys and Paracels? As well as slices of Myanmar, India, Bhutan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, and Russia?

Not to mention Japan's outstanding claims on the Kyrils. Yep, this is a completely onesided issue with a clear aggressor, fucking Commie bullies.

>They would actually go nuclear war over this?
no

>As for Asia, we have room for 2 more world wars.
Nope.jpg.

The fantastic thing about East Asia is it never learns from big wars. It

So much this. China plays the big stack bully to assert itself. But really, it has no pragmatic ramifications... China will never launch the nukes, and Japan are a bunch of pussies. so ultimately America (the most powerful Navy of all time ever) will just own less trrritory. Which IMO is fair because really, America have no claim over that part of the world.

You;re referring to those massive wars in China. Mostly internal.

East Asians do not like wars with each other for the longest time in History. You can count the number of wars they had with each other with a single pair of hands.

Dokdo is Corea.

Because 1/3 of world commerce flows around that area. It is why we are trying to stop China from building military bases. The dumb chinks will try to set up a toll system and start WW3.

The Diaoyu are part of the Taiwan shelf and should be administered as part of the Taiwan administrative unit.

Diaoyu was part of China when Taiwan was part of China. It was ceded to Japan in 1896, but in 1945 Japan was forced to return Taiwan to China. Being backstabbers they transferred administration of the Diaoyu from Taiwan to Okinawa to try to keep the islands.

Japan needs to renounce its claims. Then the Diaoyu becomes a PRC vs ROC problem, like it should be.

Hay 5毛.
Are you fight against USA?

FAKKA U SHINA-JIN

SENKAKU IS NIPPON-KUN RIGHTFUR TERRITORY

SEND MORE SHINA HEISHIDAN WE KIRR THEM ARR LIKE IN 1895 NIPPON IS STILL #1 COUNTRY IN ASIA FOREVERUUU

>They would actually go nuclear war over this?

No. Japan has no nukes.

>Taiwan
?

Taiwan was part of China for like 300 years.

Umm user

China has allies.

Asia had at least one WW; if not more.

Yep. This.

The recent SCS ruling in the Hague has actually made these islands meaningless. None of them have been show to support human life and therefore they only get 12nm.
Not the 200EEZ Japan claims. This claim triggers RoC and PRC because it takes up half their water.

???
This isn't the SCS, dumb American.

This is the only valid option. The islands are the Republic of China's by history and treaty.
They are not the Commies though.

Stop baiting. You might be mistaken for Shinzo Abe.

And is now an independent state with no desire and intention of re-joining China.

Allies? Like whom in that area, DPRK?

>And is now an independent state with no desire and intention of re-joining China.

(Citation needed)

Also, how is that relevant?

Laos, Cambodia, Pakistan.

Abe is a key US ally, fampai. Honest Abe would never do anything like think it's still the 1930's and Japan is still great and dindu nuffin wrong in the Pacific War. Oh, wait...

>needs a citation for something nobody should need a citation for

Although I suppose a Mainlander would need one, seeing as how basic facts like "the sky is blue" for the average Zhou would also require citations.

Nice allies you've got there, third world failed states that have nothing to offer except for meaningless political support that nobody else will take seriously.

Taiwan is welcome to make good on all these claims and restore China from commies. Problem is that theyre too busy being jap/gook wanabes while sucking up to murika

As shitty as CCP is, it's still currently the only one with the ability to secure china from japs, murrikans and whatever else

You get an exclusive economic zone around each island you own (as long as it's habitable).

That means oil, fishing, trade routes, radar sites/listening stations etc are all up for grabs

1. Your country
2. What do you think of China's completely fair and reasonable maritime border claim?

>thank god those people are keeping us safe from the forces of democracy and high living standards

t. nationalists

Muh democracy is not enough to justify being a bitch to some greedy jew.

>High living standard
Last I check India was democratic, I suppose bathing in shit and eating from it is pretty good for muh subhuman shitskins

Not to mention living standard is actually quickly improving in china

>my government is corrupt
>if I call them on it, I'll be arrested and possibly tortured
>other countries aren't perfect, but they have a significantly better system
>thank god these chains are keeping me safe

cuck

The country that owns the moon and all the space around it.

Idgaf, let them fight it out with the Japs and the Australians.

Obama is a nigger, murrika is being ruined by liberal sjws, god emperor trump save us all

There I called my shitty government out

Where is Taiwan in the UN? Who recognizes Taiwan? Is South Ossetia a country?
Where is this evidence of no desire to join China?

>strawmanning because he has no argument

DAIYO ISLANDS BELONG TO SERBIA! FURTHEST REACHES OF HISTORIC SERBIAN EMPIRE OF 6500BC!

>fair
Please stop trying to engage in serious discussion with that attitude

Honoru.
Same reason why chinks and SEAmonkeys are rusled in south china sea