Serious question. Who was the wisest human being lived? Plato or Aristotle? One of them for sure, but which one?

Serious question. Who was the wisest human being lived? Plato or Aristotle? One of them for sure, but which one?

>dude just be virtuous and a good person lmao *hits dank og kush* better write this shit down
>wise

Me

> Dude what if everything is a shadow... and we like men in a cave... and philosophers must rule over everyone because of whatever

>one of them for sure

no

Platos allegory is quite fascinating, but id opt for something more recent like derridas cat. Its easier to put concepts like nudity (or lack of it) into context than theorhetical situations that probably happened in torture chambers. Plato was probably a sick fucker.

>Plate or Aristotle?
>not Buddha
Oh shit, OP, what are you doing?

We cannot be sure about the wisest, but we have emperical evidence that you are in fact one of the stupidest.

Mis-phrased question. Plato (or Plato+Socrates, since it's hard to separate them) was one of the deepest thinkers, with an unmatchable system and process for philosophical exploration. Aristotle's greatness lies in knowledge and an encyclopedic mastery of many fields of knowledge. Neither has any special claim to "wisdom".

I much prefer Aristotle, for his work with logic, among other. However, reading the Republic, I really gained the impression that Socrates was the definition of a wise man.

Nietzsche & Spinoza are the only good philosophers.

>emperical evidence
>one example
oh shit nigga what are you doing

> Nietzsche

Gorgias

Drugs. Lots of it.

I don't blame you

Jesus Christ.

yes?

Diogenes or Epictetus.

The Buddha, the wisest in the west has to be Epictetus, without a doubt.

Mah niggas. I'd also add Plotinus.

>you'll never have a couple brews in heaven with Epictetus, the Buddha, and Plotinus while they wax poetic about metaphysics

Jesus was clearly the wisest man of all time
>Resolve unjustified violence against yourself by turning the other cheek. But also go sell your clothing and buy a sword for self defense, one sword for every six people should be enough.
>Preach not among the Gentiles. I was only sent for the lost tribe of Israel, don't take the children's food and through it to the dogs.
>It may seem I'm disobeying Mosaic law by not washing my hands before meals, but I'm actually the only one keeping it! I love God and his children, whereas you Pharisees and Sadducees don't!
>Not one of you, my disciples, will pass away before seeing God's kingdom accomplished here on earth. You shall rule from 12 thrones over the new Israel.
>You can't save yourselves through virtue, only faith and God's grace. Now eat my flesh and blood.
>Mary is truly the wiser one, Martha. She has chosen to listen to my genius while I'm here.
>Cursed be you fig tree, may nothing grow from you again!
Just absolutely beautiful.

I'm actually considering reading Plotinus next, are his ideas similiar to Stoicism or are they completely different?

I'm interested in this, as well. Seems like Plotinus used many peculiar definitions. Is there any introduction for reading him?

Whoever first understood and utilized the concept of agriculture to feed a large group of people.

My friend Dezz has got a noggin the size of a scottish lasses ass. It's gotta be him.

He was just born at the right time. If he had lived today people would have just shrugged at his statements.

>If he had lived today people would have just shrugged at his statements.
Only because the west developed his ideas and moved on in the 2000 years after his death.

>philosophers
>wise
>not wastes of space

>not Zhuangzi
>not Nagarjuna
>not Vasubandhu

This

Philosophy is a waste and I wish this board would stop being tainted with it

>ctrl-F
>m-a-r-c
>>ding

Marcus Aurelius