Was there ever a time in history when women ruled and worshiped and men were literally treated like 2nd class citizens...

Was there ever a time in history when women ruled and worshiped and men were literally treated like 2nd class citizens? I know that matriarchy existed several thousand years ago but not sure if that was just a meme to lust over women.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

some nigger tribes, also a lot of native americans were betamax with their women

The Mosuo are an ethnic minority in southern China are still a matriarchal society. I am pretty sure there are more of them out there.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mosuo

Alan Moore makes allusion to this in his graphic Novel From Hell, I know it's not a reliable historic source, but he develops the idea interestingly given that it is based on the victorian era.

The Guanche people natives of the canary island

>Was there ever a time in history when women ruled and worshiped and men were literally treated like 2nd class citizens

Native Americans.

They got cucked really hard. Only women could own land, property and make decisions over finance in tribes. So...yeah. Land got sold for shitty deal to Anglo settlers. Also said Anglos raped and impregnated a lot of native women.

>I know that matriarchy existed several thousand years ago
that was a viable theory in the 70's m8
Most civilizations were patriarchies by the time they hit the neolithicum

>native americans were ruined because their women had too much power and went full refugees welcome
Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it.

>I know that matriarchy existed several thousand years ago

Kek, Engels victim detected. How do you figure that physically shorter, weaker, passive women could possible rule over taller, stronger, violent men, when Og could just knock her about and take her home as a cave trophy next to the elk? Fucking laughable desu

There are a few extremely rare prehistoric level tribes that can be considered matriarchal.

That's all.

which tribes specifically
thats 9 million sq km were talking about here

Yes, the 21st century

female dominant culture was supposedly very stronk in pre roman britania.

terrence mckenna food of the gods book talks on matriarchy dominant culture, worship of cunt etc, drug infused orgies of many men competing for womb space as pasturalisation over the last 20k years and civ tech increased and with it more leissure time as men who would hunt all day every day no longer having to do jack.shit.

Modern day Sweden.

meckenna is full of shit tho

[fedora intesifies]

Never ever. Men being 'treated to second class citizens' implies statecraft and civilization, something that can only happen in patriarchal societies :^)

think of civilisation as the dick that vulgarly thrusts its way into self sustaining peacefully contained "barbaricly receptive" communities outside the borders of the current epoch-empire.columns of rome

Lol so true

No.

Even in the very rare documented matrilinear cultures (in Nepal or something like that, I think), the executive and political power is in the hands of men.

Which tribe/ethnicity boy?

He's probably refering to iroquois. At least, I know iroquois had matrilineality...

>Women in charge of money
>Get absolutely rekt by men at the negotiating table

Sounds just like any car dealership ever, TBQH. Also, to what extent can we say Anglo-Native sexual relations were mostly rape? If they looked at horses and trade goods anywhere close to how club sluts look at Rolexes and designer suits, I think we can guess what really happened.

All of history men have been considered disposable providers and protectors of women.

It's called "the 21st century"