Will the flood of immigrants in to the west destroy the cultures capable of progressing humanity?

Will the flood of immigrants in to the west destroy the cultures capable of progressing humanity?

It seems like everything is allowed to be called a social construct these days except for culture

>destroy the cultures capable of progressing humanity?

Do you think "progress" is a uniquely WASP phenomena, Nigel?

culture is not an amorphous blob there are lots of different ideas, some superficial, some good, some bad

reason and capitalism are the principle ideas of the west, because they are the source of their success they have become self-perpetuating and spread throughout the rest of the world like wildfire, most upheavals are a reaction against it or the result of its disruptions, most immigrants arrive in the west as a result of these ideas getting into their heads, though they may carry with them many superficial spooks and memes that go against reason, when it comes to important things like obtaining a comfortable life they leap at it

yes

>Will the flood of immigrants in to the west destroy the cultures capable of progressing humanity?
No, the amount of immigrations to the native population is less than 1%, less than 0.5% even.

They'll have a tiny genetic impact and they will assimilate sooner or later. Whatever your bullshit polls say, they simply wont last the test of time and generations.

So Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Indians, Egyptians, Moroccans, Russians, Turks, Greeks, Mexicans, Persians, and basically every other ethnicity on earth are all white and christian now? Oh boy, wait till I tell /pol/!

I think that certainly the west has been improving a lot. If I look at (western) Europe, namely the law, surviving childhood, lack of poverty, technology etc.

But I am not so sure if everything is process. Our food has in some ways improved over the former agriculture (mentioned in book 1493), but is also in many ways worse in the long run.

We managed to eliminate childhood mortality, but because of our lifestyle, food and medication we live longer but sicker.

So I am only adressing your progress. I prefer to call of improvement. But I think there are some serious side-effects too, and am wondering what will happen in the long run.

As for immigrants: in what way do they destroy cultures? They are not the ones with the most cultural influence.

I think the biggest issue with immigrants is social instability. This social instability comes from both immigrants and the once getting a grudge towards them.

Why do 3rd gen immigrants don't assimilate then? At least in western europe

False. In past, European migration was other Europeans emigrating to other countries. Sometimes this had catastrophic outcome, but generally speaking they adapted to native culture because their culture was already similar to begin with.
Muslim immigration is something else.

No. The "flood of immigrants" is not an invasion by a foreign culture determined to supplant what's there. Immigrants respect and admire Western systems and are drawn to it to have some of its benefits for themselves.

In the process they will no doubt change it, just as past waves of immigration have, but almost certainly for the better.

America used to call itself a "melting pot," the image being that you throw in some English and Irish and Mexicans and Swedes and Chinese and they all come out Americans. But it's more like a giant stew. You throw in some Irish and it's still the same stew, but there's a touch of Irishness. Throw in some Mexicans and you can begin to taste the Salsa. You don't have to be Jewish to enjoy Seinfeld or Chinese to like chow mein. Chicken Tikka was recently voted Britain's favorite take-out food.

If there is a danger, it comes from Russians of the Soviet era or radical Muslims who do want to replace the West with their versions of civilization. But they're not immigrants.

> Russians of the Soviet era
They are harmless ones and slowly dying anyway, user. You need to fear retards who believe in just every bit of soviets propaganda while being born in 90s and such.

>we live longer but sicker
A car that has bigger mileage will break down more often, no matter how well you treat it.

>or radical Muslims who do want to replace the West with their versions of civilization
>But they're not immigrants.
Ugh, they literally are, you moronic asswipe. Just because they don't align completely with a certain sect, doesn't mean they don't hold similar beliefs, often in their infancy or modified, but still present.
Also, ''melting pot'' makes no sense since neoliberals in Europe right now make no attempt to mix cultures or assimilate immigrants. Hence multiculturalism.

> make no attempt to mix cultures or assimilate immigrants
But why? I don't hate other cultures, but that is a retards way. It would be better for everyone to be the part of singly culture, even if it is unholy kind of syncretic abomination.

Because homogeneity is boring.

What? I'm literally telling you that's what's going on. Immigrants are transplanting their native culture, even if somewhat modified, and are creating a parallel society within Western society.
Besides, Americans you mention literally bullied immigrants into adopting their culture, and even that failed in some examples.
Also, what kind of syncretic culture do you want, given how one of ingredients is literally Arab fascism disguised as religion?

>America used to call itself a "melting pot"
I like to remind people that this term was popularized by Israel Zangwill
> "America is God's Crucible, the great Melting-Pot where all the races of Europe are melting and reforming... Germans and Frenchmen, Irishmen and Englishmen, Jews and Russians – into the Crucible with you all! God is making the American."

Yeah, not recreating Lebanon on bigger scale is boring.

Not sure why I try arguing with monkeys...

> ingredients is literally Arab fascism
Take the good part of fascism like how all men got a waifu and leave a shit parts where everyone need to bound to Mecca five times per day.

Look into the science of aging. Has a lot to do with too much protein, carbohydrates, medication that suppresses the immune system, lack of excersise, pollution and so forth. Even too much hygiene, lack of stressors other than exercise and so forth.

If you are honestly interested these are the books I base this on:

- Why We Get Sick: The New Science of Darwinian Medicine
- The Food Hourglass
- Antifragile
- How not to die

Arguing requires arguments, and that's no argument.
That's not how it works.

>Has a lot to do with too much protein, carbohydrates
uh-oh, fathead detected. are you insinuating that the masaai have longer, healthier lives than the japanese?

No. Though I can tell you that the good parts of the Japanese diet are mushrooms (which stimulate the immune system) and sea food. At least according to the doctor of one of the books I mentioned.

Too much protein increases the chances of cancer, that's all.

Masaai are fucking up their guts with the milk. But hey, their lifestyle depends on cows so I it makes sense.

>Makes sense.
For them I mean.

How many 3rd gen immigrants do you know? I'm a 3rd gen immigrant to my country dating a 3rd gen immigrant & we're not planning of blowing anything up. Fuck you cunt.

Not wanting to blow up things doesn't qualify as assimilated and yes I know a lot of them who loath western culture see themselves as invaders whose goal is to destroy the west from within and are proud of it. Assimilation of Muslims in the western civilization is a myth and France for example is realizing it now

Within the last 500 years it has been, so yeah.

No, but you'll silently approve when someone else does and you'll think Sharia would be good for Europe.