/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Alex Smith and Patric Mueller have joined the Nethack dev team: nethack.org/#News
Expect great things when the next release comes out in 2032.

Pochengband 5.0.0 Comp (Until July 28):
Sexy Draconian Monk
angband.oook.cz/competition.php

Infra Arcana 18.2 released: sites.google.com/site/infraarcana/downloads
Release Notes: raw.githubusercontent.com/martin-tornqvist/ia/v18.2/assets/release_history.txt

New Demon Release introduces Relic upgrades: demon.ferretdev.org/devblog/71-upgrade-complete/

>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/pkf1qnuZ

Previous thread:

First for ants

First for ants

First for ants.

I've never understood those alert distances. All I know is the serpent will chase you from seemingly across the entire level so it's pretty far I guess.

How big is a tile, anyway?

shut the fuck up if it's not about ants

Excuse me user, I can't seem to find the ants in your post. Where did you put them?

Green EGGS and ANTS

Time to learn apportation.

1st for bathe the world in flames to remove the scourge.

hey guys im an ant

anyone want to hang out and do ant things with me?

alone

MODS ARE ASLEEP, POST SPIDERS

Was thinking I'd run this Cataclysm DDA build for standard point Really Bad Day start. Any criticism would be welcome, constructive or otherwise.

+10 points for Really Bad Day, all into stats for an even 12 in all stats.

12/12 traits
>Addictive Personality, Glass Jaw, Heavy Sleeper, Light-Weight, Near Sighted, Squeamish, Trigger Happy, Truth Teller, Ugly
>Less Sleep, Light Eater, Light Step, Night Vision, Packmule, Robust Genetics, Weak Scent

No skills.

Relevant Balance Mods:
>Slow Zombies

With casul Slow Zombies I should be able to get through the first 24h and it would make things easier for later. Does this seem decent? The hunter zombies and dogs etc would still be able to run me down, so would giant wasps, giant toads etc.

Plans involve making improvised lockpick and improvised crowbar from crashsites and broken stuff, then doing nightraids for essentials before moving between mansions etc in the outskirts of towns.

Hey bro, I got some nice dirt for your queen. Its called di·a·to·ma·ceous earth. Has a nice ring to it, doncha think? I'M YOUR PROM DATE, YOU UGLY SACK OF SHIT

>alone
But all the fun ant activities are done in groups.
How do you drag a dead insect bigger than you when you're alone?
How do you swarm over anything alone?
How do you bumrush an innocent bei- I mean we don't do that, we aren't wasps after all. It's wasps who do it.

How do you ant alone?

trustme

It's more fun when you go balls in, with no slow zed ezmode. Die a few times, then finally acquire a basement, first aid and survival.

Don't pick tweaker start though - it's full RNG. Regular one is high in RNG enough as it is.

You want to GTFO the city as soon as possible without getting a lot of zombies following you. Eat 2 datura seeds to gain a ghetto painkiller effect (it will kill your dexterity and focus though). Then you can go back to scan for first aid and antibiotics.

Uh. h-hey do you guys smell anything funny?

I'm not a tweaker, just regular shower victim.

I've done it before as long as there's not a rottweiler outside or you start encased in glass on the edge of the building it should be fine with the mod.

Won't even regular zombies run me down if I don't have slow zombies though?

>Won't even regular zombies run me down if I don't have slow zombies though?
" is the run button.

>Really Bad Day
>Addictive Personality
now, I don't remember the specifics of Addictive
but that seems like a fucking awful combination

Nothing wrong with slow zombies imo

Early on you won't have a ranged weapon, so if you want to get into town, you're going to have to wade into the horde anyway. Once you have a ranged weapon, zombies aren't really an issue regardless.

It starts you drunk but the tweaker part is optional.

Daily reminder that ants don't even acknowledge the existence of large mammals such as humans and thus you will never do ant things together.

Is a spear a ranged weapon?

>playing pcb as blood-knight
>have about 50 AC cause steel skin
>skilled with broadsword
>ripping through shit
>encounter 'the borshin'
>He's not doing much of anything to me for a while
>decide to top myself off with a cure crit pot because he's whittled 30hp off my max
>suddenly taking ungodly amounts of damage per turn and getting chunked blow after blow
What in the fuck happened and why did he go insano? It felt like he was getting stronger after every blow.

Back in my day it wasn't, but I don't know what it is these days.

They can poke at 1-3 range, which is why I was curious if you considered them ranged. You can have a pointy stick like 30 seconds after you spawn, which will kill a few zombies pretty easily.

How do I disable a permanent tele trap so I can get a weapon under it?

Ant talk aside does anyone else have any clever ideas on boosting Anatomy/Alchemy?

I'm calling the bathroom Antschwitz

Stasis.

APPORTATION

What?

That seems exploitable, but I dunno. Ideally, the zomboners would only pose a threat to you if you tried to fight them.

Stasis is an effect that prevents teleportation

>fighting the borshin early game
>ever
It can hit 2d13 and 2d15 which will rip through your health if you're low level.

>genuine awfulplayer

>She

Holy shit, Ketziah won. It finally happened. Maybe he'll actually get gud now.

>he

My bad. Maybe they'll get gud now.

if you're picking near sighted, also pick far sighted for free points

personally i can't stand addictive personality and I never pick it (especially with tweaker) but it's usually fine

i recommend packmule/night vision 100% of the time

if you're struggling with the first day or two of really bad day, I recommend quick/fleet footed/parkour expert and a mil. surplus start—
if you're lucky you'll get some combination of the following:
food, first aid kits, MBR vests, helmets, kevlar vests
which makes it dramatically easier.

I've never really had problems just smashing windows during nighttime looting

quick+fleet footed+parkour+sprinting will let you juke almost anything through a house unless you goof somehow (except when screwed by tweaker)

any boiling tool+container+firesource essentially solves all thirst issues
survival+forests can solve food issues as long as you don't get moose/cougar/beared

Thanks. I'll keep this in mind although I don't like MRE's.

Only some of it is worthwhile for 3 volume but I find most of it to be useless. Water purification pills don't do shit which is sad because purifying water one unit at a time is tedious.

I never did go into cooking much though.

it's time

to do nothing because it's not fucking implemented yet

how are casters supposed to win pcb like how do you do zeus and serpent? do they just spam manastorm at everything and get fucked by breath attacks? that doesn't seem very fun at all

>that doesn't seem very fun at all

Welcome to PozChengband.

Git gud.

getting 2 cooking is very helpful because it allows you to make lots of high-efficiency foods like:
biscuits
deluxe eggs
meat/ fried rice
flour
deluxe beans and rice
most of the soups

lategame, cooking is chemistry and allows you to make a variety of helpful things

oh also fluid sac->dehydrated vegetable@2 means you can live entirely off of triffid butchering if you so desired

I can only imagine what mage classes that don't get manastorm, no at-range aggravation, and no charge draining have to bear later on. I think Armageddon or something gets shard breath which is amazing ESPECIALLY since J and a lot of other late monsters don't resist shards at all and is pretty much the only realm you should take if you're offered it (chaos is pretty decent though).

If you can craft a quarterstaff you can pretty much 1v1 bears and moose no problem.
Just lure them over a bush or something first.

why is this happening

"Necropolis has all the makings of a smash hit – the kind of Roguelike that hardcore players will brag about beating for years to come." - Hardcore Gamer

what has gaming become

>killing your spiderbros
>killing your antbros

Switch gods, you makhlebite.

>Lair:1
>1 (one) blink scroll that I read-id earlier
>0 (zero) tele scrolls
I died to a hydra accompanied by a ghost

>perma death
>procedurally generated dungeons
>roguelike

someone post that "roguelike bingo" picture

are you guys unable to ignore things that annoy you

are you unable to ignore posts like ours?
post that bingo picture

buy it and fund my battletech game please

>they removed Wiglaf

At some point I should stop being surprised.

>and urug
>and maud
>and donald
>and norris
>and sonja

Donald got buffed, and Urug & Maud got merged.
Why the fuck would they remove Sonja?
The first sprint mode is now named after a character no longer in the game.

>Why the fuck would they remove Sonja?
they haven't. Yet.

Oh good. I was afraid they actually removed one of the biggest retard checks.
>tf every time someone posts in here with straight 0 drained skills

Didn't even need to kite lmao

Tell me about times when shit got real.

>just now in C:DDA
>doing 40 mph in a copcar through small town
>trying to drift and kill shrieker zombie
>fat fuck somehow manages to spit bile at me doors are open
>"drift" into a fucking jewelry store as alarm goes off
>car still going as hunter zombie jumps into passenger seat
>mfw shooting my 870 as I go through the wall in full chaos

I thought I was going to get destroyed by Sonja but then I realized I am the One Punch Man

>he didn't double-sandwich his car with "s

That picture is so well done it actually makes me feel uncomfortable by looking at it.

>those flies
jesus christ how filthy

bro
you have a problem okay
I want you to play a formicid and enjoy it

pls
there's even a wasp thing hovering over the beaker between the dude and his sister that I just noticed
I'd rather play as that felid even though it's not a roguelike

>be cyborg with ok driving
>find decent stretch of open road
>activate all strength boosts
>start playing saxophone and drink atomic coffee
>start going 150 mph with super bike/foot pedals
>suddenly ambulance out of nowhere
>attempt to handbrake but lose control
>head health goes to \

how do i even make that happen?
necro force?

should i have been saving my bones?
ive been trashing them for easy gold because they dont really weight as much

Play an ant, user.
This cute girl is begging you for it.

Be an ant. Be yourself

>Remington 870 is pulled away from your hands!
WHAT, Z's can grab your fucking guns!?

Not really.
A shocker can apport your metallic weapons though.
Guess what your rifle is partly made of.

technicians can grab your weapons from a distance, some factors mitigate it though (strength? skill levels? i'm not sure)

It was technicians I was fighting. Two of them grabbed my gun and I had to beat them with a wrench. The third I shot from a distance.

What makes them able to grab my shit?

they're cyborgs

try butchering one with decent survival and a good knife

If my high school physics knowledge is right, electric fields generate magnetic fields of equal strength. So since shockers basically throw lightning bolts at you and technicians are literally living electric fields, they could theoretically use electromagnetic force to pull whatever you're holding in your hands towards them.

So filthy you have morale penalties just for wearing it?

I'm going back there immediately.

Yeah, that's the player variant.
Because you're not literally a living electrical field.

I mean it's literally called electromagnet

How do i into Ogre Mage?
I can't tell a skill order, and the early for me is especially hard, i either run out of mana and get raped or i go melee-dude and get raped when i can't escape a harder melee fight.

>20x 8x40mm caseless burst at +5 damage
what is this monstrosity rivtech

>rivshit
you have only yourself to blame.

i'll take my atomic nightlights/atomic coffee love them forever thank you very much

ribteg :-DDDD
Fortunately nowadays it doesn't have the cheap ammo recipes.

>rivtech

>the only time the robotman feels alive

>he doesn't plod through DDA in a pisskop world as winter start scenario class

Oh boy.

Now to find some cocaine.

MISSERY O' DICKERY

Well, tried my hand anyway once more (you disappoint me, rlg rukers), and i did decently well by going very heavily into spellcasting for increasing my mana pool and get the confusing cloud to reliable success.

Now this happens. Since i went Gozag, gold could be good, but i could also try Wand (i've found no wands though), Book (hoping for conjuration spellbook), Food (fuck you gozag) or... can i wish for ammo? Do i get RUKS since i'm an Ogre?