/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization & Dead Communities General

King Gilgamesh of Sumer Edition

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>youtube.com/watch?v=qvBf6WBatk0

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Enuma Elish'd:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/422900/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720237457
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Of course I mess up.
This was the last thread

How do we fix 1UPT?

Nah, it's perfect.

I made literally all but 2 of the past 7 or so threads and it died the other two times while I was asleep, make it yourself for once or drop the smug

they already have, in civ 6.

Different grid for improvements/civil units vs military units or dont be fucking retarded and use limited stacks

I swear this nose is so fucking ugly

vast maps with loadsa tiles and more than 2 movement points

By introducing armies with limited size and giving civilian stacks unlimited size so I wont get another (#*&%^(##@! crying that worker cant continue making road, because some AI civilian unit is on the same title or my own worker is making improvement at that place right now.

Workers are not fermions, for fuck sake.

Following the question from previous thread - are there any other sites with mods for Rising Tide than Civ Fanatics and, of course, Steam Workshop?

All cool custom, mod sponsors are base game only, not updated for RT (aka, having base trait without levels) and Im afraid that they might not work anymore.

The nose knows.

>Playing as a Collectivist Slaver
>Surrounding races are all Democratic Crusaders

Fucks sake

julius caesar or trajan

With that nose, I'd say Caesar.

Looks like Asterix and Obelix style Caesar

Please respond ;_;

I dont know anything about modding, so I cant make my own cute girl sponsors.

No clue either to be honest famalam.

BE really suffered rom the poor start, didnt it? As a result, nobody even took interest in RT expansion...

nah

it's cause nobody wants to play an Alpha Centauri style 4x anymore

I-I d-do, user ;_;

>supply limits
>collateral damage
>forming corps and armies

How about you git gud?

>they didn't bother with combat AI so it means the entire mechanic should be scrapped

>being a loser who has friends

How is Desert of Kharak? Is it like Homeworld, a 4X, or is it more like a normal RTS?
I got 30 bucks on Steam and I'm looking for a recent RTS that isn't crap like Grey Goo.
Ideally, I'd like Supreme Commander in space, but with more exploration.

Save those 30 bux for store.steampowered.com/app/422900/

Eeeeh, I dunno. I tried Creeper World 3, I didn't really liked it.

Is a normal RTS but instead of base you have a carrier ship

>Poland and Brazil in the base game
>Only one of the Ottomans, persia and Mongolia
>No Songhai, South east Asian or native American (other than the auto included Aztecs) civs

Honestly what the fuck
The game looked much better than 5 but they shit the bed with the civ choices let alone the leader selection

Just resign yourself to the thought that we're going to have a ton of dlc packs so base game civ selection isn't the most pressing of issues.

stellaris is so shallow right now, I've no inspiration for a second run

>So what, she'll be a less competent Attila who attacks everyone and razes for kicks?

She wasn't ruthless in that way, I'd say expect espionage bonuses and something more to do with religion, since she was important in the French Religious Civil Wars.

bumpity

bored as fuck so I made an attempt at an uplifted species
r8 h8 masturb8

Got these guys next to me,
logo is two swords, with a moon.
Colour is green
Pacifist spiritualists.

I'm literally sitting next to the religion of peace.

Rolling.

Fuck.

Seems neat. I imagine the plan is to gene-mod everything they can get their hands on?

It's called being anglo.

>Just want some ship models so not everybody has the exact same ships
>Gundam and USNC are added to everybody
>EVE ones are only for their total conversion
Fucking hell

I'd love to have UNSC ships as humans. Always loved their look.

>they shit the bed
I hate that expression.

What is the best weapons against Corvettes early game? I just researched autocannons.

MISSILES
I
S
S
I
L
E
S

bastards just hit my capital with a truck.

>century long war
>now is pacifist
wut

Don't die now

How the fuck do you play a slave empire? The sector AI goes bat shit insane enslaving and emancipating the pops I conquer.

How long till Paradox has more parameters to Empire Design to decide how it'll act in a game?

Few DLCs

Don't use sectors.

JUST

You know, it bothers me how Stellaris is boring if you don't use mods.
I don't mind mods, but you should be normally be able to enjoy the vanilla game as it is. Mods are just spices to specifically suit the flavour to your tastes.

It's like food, if you need to add custard to everything you eat, then there's a problem with the food.

This seems fun

So what, just keep the empire small? Or just take the hefty as fuck fee for going over the core systems limit.

New to using mods in Civ 5. What are some civs that are based on real leaders/civilizations that are worth picking up?

Just scanning though the list im not really sure out of all the ones that are listed at 5 stars are actually 5 stars and are not OP nonsense or broken.

slaving is overrated because sectors will fuck it up, rebellions are a definite. Use a mod to give yourself more core worlds if you can be bothered managing more worlds.

Tell me some good un-boring-ifying mods, user.
Because I'm playing vanilla Stellaris and bored out of my skull. If there's a way to end this ennui I am all ears.

Mostly the Neptunia mods. They make for okay roleplay.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=720237457

This is pretty fun for end game stuff.

>ennui
neat, I learned a new word.
Any of the portrait mods have help me roleplay and enjoy the game a ton more. Vanilla has a lot of issues, why not update?

Ennui never ends.

If I turn off the DLCs in CKII, does the AI returns to its usual dumbness or does it stay sharp?

Go ask gsg nigger

Why would my species get a happiness bonus? They aren't the uplifted ones.

has anyone ever seen the AI rebellion just disappear? This is the 2nd game I've seen them instantly vanish and the first time I've seen them vanish while looking at their main system. All their ships just disappeared and the planets become uninhabited at the same time. I don't know if this is a mod I have on fucking up or some glitch with the patch, i never saw this until asimov.

It's Trajan

Guys, I'm trying to genetically engineer my colonists to favor tropical worlds, but months have gone by and the bar is just standing still -- it isn't advancing.

I've already saved and restarted, and I'm getting the same error.

Any suggestions?

Cant greece just be Alexander? All the time?

Isn't it a special project?

Yes, but it isn't advancing. It says that it will take 18 months, but it's not decreasing.

I've also cancelled it, and I see that my society research is ALSO standing still, while the others are operating properly.

What's the deal?

No clue there.

Okay, I've tried researching different techs, changing the scientist, and restarted the game.

Nothing's changed.

Just what the hell is going on?

Please don't tell me that I'm going to need to restart this run; I was doing so well!

Maybe check the situation log? Special projects are listed there.

I did; it was activated.

What worries me is that regular science isn't advancing in the Society tab either.

why would you want that? alexander is cool but there are a shitload of cool greek leaders.

>tfw can't please everyone
;_;

Th-thanks Space Hitler

Meh. I had worse.

Stop all your science ships doing anything - just have them floating in space.
Check you're not accidentally researching any other special projects at the same time.
Save / reload.
Ensure that everything is fine on the planet where you're doing the gm-ing. Some things you just can't do in contested space, for example.
Cancel the gm project and start it at again.
Put a science ship in orbit of the gm planet and tell it to assist research.

That's everything I can think of off the top of my head.

what are core mods for stellaris (besides the whites only mod, obviously)

fanatical purifiers hate everyone with -1000 though

The tyranid mod is a must.

improved space battles
megastructures
COFH
no cluster starts
remove stranded foreign stations
fixed vassal opinions
also
>whites only mod

Without being racist, I like having separate humans species. It helps with my immersion, as it suggests there's some kind of human diaspora who happened.

You know you don't get bonus point for cucking and signalling

Nice buzzwords.

oh, well im just racist
>niggers getting to space
top kek

only intelligent species can reach space

>immersion
no, you're racist. thats all there is to it. considering there are astronauts of every race, it would be perfectly sensible for there to be people of all races piloting ships/being governors and whatnot. a diaspora makes literally no sense since the game starts even before you discover how to travel and colonize to different systems.

shut the fuck up fag. It's called roleplaying.
>le im offended by everything meme
kys

>Being this butt-frustrated

Chill bruh, everyone in here are Space Nazis, you don't have to hide it.

roleplaying as a white supremacist? okay. I mean, thats perfectly fine. but theres no reason to hide that under some thinly veiled bullshit reasoning. 'I'd like to imagine that there was a genocide that killed off everyone but whites' basically.

Poland makes sense though, and Native American / SEA were literally whos for the longest time.

what is a bell curve
what is the genetic influence on intelligence

also
>roleplaying
as a white supremacist

dude lmao

Whereas I agree with first part, Mongolia, Songhai and Siamese(the only South East Asian civ IIRC) came with DLC to Civ V. Also "other than" argument doesn't really work, Aztecs is a Native American civ and they're in the game. People were bitching about no South American civs in civ fanatics too, whereas Brazil is in the game

Poland was a great country before it got fucked to hell, but I'll agree putting Brazil in before Ottomans, Persia, Mongolia or Incans(would be my choice if we were to get a second NA) doesn't make much sense

>Scythia is a separate civ
>Catherine for France
>KANGO of all places
Why

There's nothing more racist than the word racist.

Not him but it's still technically racist.
If space travel has been trivialized to the point it is in Stellaris then literally anyone can go to space. You could probably have your hamster buried on the moon if you felt like it.
Also "racism" is literally just treating race as a relevant topic, which is why both separating them and complaining about separating them are racist. Who cares?