Asian overreaction to "whitewashing"

Red = Me
Blue = Butthurt party
Yellow = Sensible debater
Green = Cuck #1
Black = Cuck #2

Stick penis in vagina

No one cares about your fagbook shenanigans.
Also, .

it finna happen negro

How is Matt Damon playing some Asian guy an "Asian stereotype"

I'm not reading all of your bullshit, but I understand both sides. Black people playing Egyptians or historically European people is annoying to see. However it's not a big deal because it's just a movie.

who knows, wasn't exactly the most intelligent debates ive had.

>Veeky Forums - History & Humanities

ur gonna fkin do it ya shit
do you know how many fucking captchas ive had to do to show you the wonders of facebook bullshit
ACKNOWLEDGE MY PAIN

It's making history, baby

Nah, get over yourself. No one cares.

Matt Damon isn't even playing an Asian guy in the movie. He is clearly a foreign mercenary or something.

I bet the moment a black actors plays a historical white figure OP freaks the fuck out

>I got BTFO on facebook so im going to post the entire conversation here in the hopes that Veeky Forums supports me and validates me
No boi, go away

You sure told those butthurt ess-jay-doubleus, my goodsir.

Please x-post it to /r/KotakuinAction.

Seriously though, as long as you're not trying to make a documentation the ancestry of your actors (let it be a movie, voice acting or theater) doesn't matter

OP actually won this debate it seems, the best she could say was "you have white privilege and you don't understand", but yeah, get this off of Veeky Forums.

I mean a documentary

Sperg out about the inaccuracies in Tolkiens work. The swapping of male roles to females and ommiting certain socially thematically relevent issues.

And then at the end, say -
Thats you.

Is the blue butthurt party an asian girl? You should know that putting your dick in those generally cures them of any anti-white sentiment. Get on it, OP.

Yeah, she's asian, thus the emotional response

This isn't Reddit. Nobody cares about your epin Facebook 'trolling.'

Sweet blog posts bro

You are fighting the good fight OP.

>he gets into long arguments on Facebook and then posts them on Veeky Forums for validation

and on a board that has nothing to do with anything

Is she cute? Nisei (or their less honorary cousins) tend to buy into all that SJW garbage when raised in the West but they quickly abandon it upon entering the real world. She'll make a fine wife.

Once again, get on it, OP. She's clearly tsundere for you.

yeah history of racism/whitewashing in cinema
Veeky Forums
ya ok

Considering how much Veeky Forums whines about WE WUZ-ism I can certainly understand how irritating it would be.

Try to imagine the shitstorm that'd happen if someone cast, say, a black guy as a famous American general or something.

I'm personally in the "its just cinema" camp as well, it's not a huge deal to me in either case, but cinema can be fucking annoying when it just runs roughshod over actual history. I think that authentic portrayal of ethnicity is just as important as good costume design, good sets, good writing, etc. To ignore it just shows a poorly crafted movie.

>Try to imagine the shitstorm that'd happen if someone cast, say, a black guy as a famous American general or something.

It's just cinema though.

You have to be 18 or older to post on Veeky Forums.

Matt Damon isn't playing a Chinese guy though. And it's a Chinese movie made by a Chinese studio with a Chinese director. Guys like John Cusack are showing up in Chinese films too. It's obvious they want to go global and they're going to do that by casting big American stars.

I hate to say it, but tl;dr. What's the film about?

Yes, and Veeky Forums would lose its collective shit, guaranteed. They whined enough about black soldiers in the first world war for the new battlefield game, and that's at least plausible.

Besides, saying "it's just cinema" just gives lazy directors/producers an excuse to make shitty, inauthentic trashy movies. Yes, it's just cinema. Doesn't mean it's not really stupid. I'd rather them cast ethnically accurate people, but then again I also like movies done in the actual language because I'm not illiterate and I can actually read subtitles.