So I've been taking a look at the trailers of civilization vi...

So I've been taking a look at the trailers of civilization vi, and was wondering about some of the leaders (since I don't even know who some of them are.) I'd rather ask here than in /v/ because you guys are more likely to know these people
France - Catherine de Medici
Aztec -Montezuma (not really an option because of faggot history-destroying conquistadors)
America - Theodore Roosevelt
Egypt - Cleopatra
Japan - Hōjō Tōkimune
China - Qin She Huang
Discuss. Are these good or bad picks?

>Cleopatra
>The woman that did fuck all for her country and spent all her years spreading her legs for the biggius dickius

I realise that they want more female rulers, but the fucking Cleopatra meme has to stop, she was shite.

>Theodore Roosevelt
All the presidents are basically the same, has anyone of them ever done anything interesing?
I think it is time for a real American "Empire builder" like John D Rockefeller
>Catherine de' Medici
Never heard of her
>Qin She Huang
GOOD, GOOD
>Aztec -Montezuma (not really an option because of faggot history-destroying conquistadors)
This is true

>Hōjō Tōkimune

Seems fine

>All the presidents are basically the same
I guess Washington and Lincoln would be the exception, if any American knows of any other interesting presidents please do tell me!.

FDR was good. Brought us out of the depression and spearheaded the policies that would win us WWII

except that TR was actually fucking fascinating.

Helped establish the Panama Canal and upped the war fervor with Spain.

firaxis is going for leaders with big personalities this game if that helps you.

Catherine De Medici was the Mother of Francis II and Charles IX, and the regent, leader, head of the state, queen of France from 1562 to 1573. She tried to balance the French Civil War, protecting the power of the crown form the war between French protestants leaded by the Bourbons, and the Catholics leaded by the Guisa.
In my opinion, she did well, but nothing special, considering that the war lasted 22 years after her rule.

Gonna go ahead and post the leak pic.

Worth noting is that they went with Montezuma I instead of II. Also, there's still some debate about why there's two Spanish leaders, with some claiming that one of them might be a Swedish king.

weird how some relatively new house in florence during the middle ages rose to become one of the most prominent dynasties of europe

Also, here's the original blurred version

They're mostly fine. Civ is a video game not a history documentary, it has to pick well-known figures for it's leaders even when they might not make sense (Gandhi).

>HURR CLEO IS SHIT MUH MEMES
>DURR WHO DIS CATHERINE DE MEDICI

You are what's wrong with this board.

We also have Queen Victoria as a confirmed leader.

Would Hatshepsut have been a better choice?

I've heard some convincing arguments that FDR might have worsened the depression, and the economy rebounded naturally (as it always does eventually).

If anyone can confirm or deny that would be cool.

I think they're trying to go with iconic looks for the leader screens, and also trying to find people who could somehow fit into some game mechanic.

>and also trying to find people who could somehow fit into some game mechanic.

Yes this seems to be important this time round. Each leader has a unique trait and I'm sure some leaders got the nod because of the synergy with the traits as much as anything.

Why don't they bring back multiple leaders to civ? These have to be the worst leader choices in the game's history.

they are doing, the game will launch with 1 leader per civ but they've confirmed more will come via dlc.

>I've heard some convincing arguments

Did they come from Austrian "economists" by any chance?

A few all-but-confirmed leaders from various leaks (including the blurry collage thing ITT)
>Germany - Frederick Barbarossa
>Rome - Trajan
>Greece - Pericles
Now we have to wait and see for these to be confirmed, although Barbarossa is pretty much certain. I guess he's a decent choice for Germany. Not too much to work with really in terms of people who led an actually unified Germany without being too controversial.

Also the Roman leader merely looks like Trajan, it could be Julius Caesar or someone. Personally I hope it's Trajan, he's one of my favourite emperors.

Pericles looks fairly likely for Greece. Personally I thought Alexander was a staple of the series and I'm surprised to see him swapped out. I would've preferred Pyrrhus or Antigonus Monopthalmus or someone as leader of a (mostly) united Greece, although Pericles was a good leader IRL.

On a pretty much completely unrelated note, a few leaders I'd personally love to see:
>Mehmed II for the Ottomans
>Menelik II for Ethiopia
>Chulalongkorn for Siam
>Peter the Great for Russia

>Arabia
>Saladin

That would be trigger me and I am not even Arab. Saladin lead a faction amongst Muslims in an era where Muslims where most divided and had 4 different factions all at war. A united Arabia should be ruled by either Umayyads or Abbasids.

>Catherine de Medici
Weren't Medici's Italians? Ah, I see, cosmopolitan aristocracy strikes again.

Victoria was a German and Washington was British. So what?

It's true. FDR worsened the depression to the point when we're still suffering from it, while also genociding about 2 billions people which was all covered up by FBI.

Do you think aristocracy operated on national borders? A lot of countries had foreign rulers due regencies and diplomatic marriages. Hell, Russian aristocracy spoke French.

>Washington was British
Wew lad, majority, if not all of founding fathers were British.
>So what?
Nothing, I was surprised, that's all.

>Brazil
Nice, thought they were the most fun culture civ aside Byzantium perhaps.

>Brought us out of the depression

Jackson.

James K. Polk
Thomas Jefferson

>house
The Medicis were commoners to the XVIthc French nobility, merchants and commoners, it never really left Catherine, even though her mother was a high-ranked noble and had royal blood.

She was lucky.
François I, like Louis XII, had a huge hardon for Italy, especially the duchy of Milano and needed allies so he married her to his second son.
The dauphin died from eating too much ice and her husband Henri de France had to replace him.

>China - Qin She Huang

Good leader, but he's been in just about every Civ game except the last one. Firaxis could try some other leaders apart from Qin Shihuang and Mao for China, for once.

They should have gone with Louis XVI whore for the female ruler of France.

She was pretty much responsible for France's diplomatic bullshit during the mid 18th century. Even Frederick saw her more of threat than Louis.
De Medici is a meme leader like Maria the Mad of Portugal.

>Louis XVI

*Louis XV
Madame de Pompadour.

Your post is horrendous.

>>Hōjō Tōkimune
>Seems fine

Do you even know who he is?

stop pretending to know shit